Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Knight build

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rexcro View Post
    bullshiat...
    Knights suck atm..sure you could be good if you are casher that wana get all but even then vs other casher you will lose and i will tell you why...
    -IF you go full dmg upper part of talents..you will have dmg but no defence so you will get nuked by those ak47 hunters and mages ,and in best situation be even with average mage/hunter...
    -if you go deffence, lower part of tree you got no good attacks and if specd on MDEF/PDEF/BLOCK no dmg..sure you got shiled (whats the point of shiled when it gets down in 1 shot_?- and i got 14k hp and rank 2 shiled) and reflect )wow atm 200 dmg.....vs ppl with 13+k hp..lol..

now if you go duel..you compaions will get smelted coz mages and hunters have no basic first line attack spell (not counting special abilities ,as much as i know) so you cant tank it...(same goes for arenas)
    now in team fight 3v3....whats the point of tank when they avoid you and the your whole point and thats tanking

im runing with 2 hunters..in arenas..and we do ok but when we face 3 mages we get smelted coz i cant focus dmg on me and they get aoed and lightning bolted..same goes with hunters and every 2nd turn 2x crit on random target...same as primary attack

KNIGHTS SUCK coz only other knight have basic first row attack ability and no other class..and coz of that your whole point as tank is failed and ofc going dps is proly only good for world boss..

EOD I WIN
    LMAO.AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

DUDE u cant imagine how much i laugh and made fun of you when i read your post
    come,come to my server,and u will see how man y knights will hand your own butt in a platter with condolence words

LOL ahahahahahahah only WB hu?lmao

and if thats the result on yours leme state this

DPS is a bad build for knight,the class is for tank,and if u dont belive give a jump to S3 and check us out.

my dear friend,the wb only kills me with his 300k hit,cuz with the other hits he gives i presently survive 3 direct hits from him,my knights survive the same...ahahahahahah,god i love "player" that lack in ability to build a char put the fault of their lack of ability in the class and not in themselves...AHAHAHAHAHAH.

rank 1 WB my server is held by a knight
    rank 2 by an archer
    rank 3 by a knight

Comment

Originally posted by rexcro View Post
      bullshiat...
      Knights suck atm..sure you could be good if you are casher that wana get all but even then vs other casher you will lose and i will tell you why...
      -IF you go full dmg upper part of talents..you will have dmg but no defence so you will get nuked by those ak47 hunters and mages ,and in best situation be even with average mage/hunter...
      -if you go deffence, lower part of tree you got no good attacks and if specd on MDEF/PDEF/BLOCK no dmg..sure you got shiled (whats the point of shiled when it gets down in 1 shot_?- and i got 14k hp and rank 2 shiled) and reflect )wow atm 200 dmg.....vs ppl with 13+k hp..lol..

now if you go duel..you compaions will get smelted coz mages and hunters have no basic first line attack spell (not counting special abilities ,as much as i know) so you cant tank it...(same goes for arenas)
      now in team fight 3v3....whats the point of tank when they avoid you and the your whole point and thats tanking

im runing with 2 hunters..in arenas..and we do ok but when we face 3 mages we get smelted coz i cant focus dmg on me and they get aoed and lightning bolted..same goes with hunters and every 2nd turn 2x crit on random target...same as primary attack

KNIGHTS SUCK coz only other knight have basic first row attack ability and no other class..and coz of that your whole point as tank is failed and ofc going dps is proly only good for world boss..

EOD I WIN
      one more for you my wise friend

stop thinking in DAMAGE and start thinking in defense

theres actualy even a astral build especialy designed for knights that will even KILL,yes KILL the archers capability of constant crits.

you see my dear friend,there is 1 astral that just at lvl 1 gives you a protection of 7% against crits,lvl 3 is 21%.
      now add to that + 7% again gainst crits due to jewel bonus,what you get?just in combo u have a total of 28% of times that you will literaly KILL the archers crit,and thats with a lvl 3 astral,cuz the double of that is 42% + 7% = 49% where archer crits WILL NOT WORK.

the max of that astral,and yes i seen 1 maxed in the chinese servers,will take away with the addition of the jewels all the crits from an archer....now without their crits,the archers are just a low damage char.

dude u claim they suck?i disagree

your ability to BUILD a good tank that can face all situations is the one to be blame,not the class.

god i said it already and say again,i love players that lack capacity to play their chars and blame the class for it.

learn how to play with it,,or which is prolly the best for you,get an archer or mage,because you already proved that to imput hard work into a char class like the knight,your dont have the ability for it.

please since your most likely the type of "gamer" that likes everything done and delivered t him,or if not tries find other ways to not have to work hard to become good,change class and go for a easy one like archers,you may succeed on that...maybe.
      Last edited by Skillgannon; 10-09-2012, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Skizik View Post
        Playing a tank is not rocket science, 1st a build like pronab said is certainly the best for 3v3 on arena if you have a standard team of knight, archer and mage(perferebly healer, but can be also hybrid or nuker).

On arena acess the other team if, tank on front do not use skills on him till your team mates lower the hps on a squishy of the other team so you can start banging them with Ultimate Slasher, use the reflect as much as possible since the reflect sure at lvl1 deals 200 dmg but concidering that most of skill nukers and archers are 2 or 3 hits ar a time your giving 400 to 600 dmg by just siting there plus the damage reduction of a healing mage well... you can be there siting all day and they eventualy kill them selfs also knight when going to the defence skill lane they get the Shadow Trasher that at lvl2 give a qte oh hp bleed that is static its always the 60 dmg and its stack up to 5 time meaning its 60, 120, 180, 240, 300 ... also everytime you hit with the shadow trasher the timer will reset back to the 5 turns. Just level up on accademy the pdef, mdef, and hp whenever you have the chance and just slowly be raising the p.atack with the rests of kyranite you get at the end of the day.

there ya go

one of the best ways of acomplish this is by or activating ur shield at begining if u have the 30 rage buff,or if not use a atack/def rune,if none of that then dont do nothing and let it atack in auto,the damage will be inferior to what ur team mates will do,allowing then to use ulti on them or,if u have one,use a rage rune to get u ready for ulti.

Comment

@ANXerith: I'd like to request you good sir to give these people who can't make up their minds listening to sore losers and stupid preachers some tips to build a good Knight.
          The Last Remnant OSTs Go!!!

{OuO**

Comment

Originally posted by DeathRiver View Post
            @ANXerith: I'd like to request you good sir to give these people who can't make up their minds listening to sore losers and stupid preachers some tips to build a good Knight.
            its actually pretty basic

the good build of a knight starts by:

1- Defense values (both mdef and Pdef)
            2- your HP (because without it your dead)
            3- your block value (love the auto-healling...shows up always in the best times )
            4- your damage (not as important as the other 3 points but still needed and shouldnt be lacked off)

leme try explain in a short post(my posts are never short i know i know)

first defenses.

my knight has the green buff of gears(do MP and campaigns to get loads of refine mats)mainly focused on defense and HP,but as you all know there are 5 green buffs to purple gears,so they should be:

acording with gear lvl of course...

Pdef value or defense value (works on both mdef and pdef,which ends up being better and at same times gives us a free spot for same or something else)
            Mdef value(read up)
            HP/Endurance value (preferably endurance since normaly high value there represents XXXXX HP,altought if endu doesnt show,HP value does a bit of the trick)
            Block value(for who doesnt know its the blue damage numbers saying dodge during battle)
            Attack/Power value(power/strengh are the same stat,which means that X value in power will represent a X amount of Pdef)

thats what i use in most my gears,not all true but refinement mats dont grow on trees

now (will do it as 1 casher and 2 non casher)

Casher :

each slot of each gear should be split this way.
            4 the gears house pdef/mdef and HP gems
            3 gears house attack/mdef and pdef gems
            1 gear house attack/mdef and block gems

Non - Casher

For non - cashers,all know that (if we exclude the 3 free rods they give) each gear has only 1 slot open and the sword brings 2,so we need to be constructive and use the space to our best advantage

this way works pretty fine:
            1 gears with Hp gem
            4 gears with Mdef gem
            2 gear with Pdef gem
            weapon with Ptak gem and block gem

that usualy works pretty well.
            (may i say that i only have 3 of the 8 gears with slots fully open,5 of them only have 1 slot)

Now lets talk about the Extras that we can use to enhance all our power,both defensive and offensive.

Lets start by Guild Skill:

On the opposite of the archer your main guild skill is the defense skill,followed by the endurance skill and only then the attack skill,by this order they should be obtained.
            some knights,like me also boost the intellect skill,because altought just a few points,it still gives a extra to Mdef,but only some chose to do this.

so:

1-Guild Skill for Defense
            2-Guild Skill for Endurance
            3-Guild Skill for Power
            4-Guild Skill for Intellect (for the ones choosing to use it)

doing this way will boost ur defenses and hp,and in final ur power.

Now...Astrals:

the build i chose for astrals is the following and has been the best for me,in fact is so good that the top knight of my server uses 1 exactly equal.

Of course as all know yellow is the strongest and best Astral and green the lowest and weakest,but do not disregard the lower ones,because in the absence of a yellow or purple,the blue and green Astrals will help a lot(i myself used a green patk at beginning,then passed to blue when i got it and now im wearing a purple one)

please remember that is astral names are the ones im wearing,and that lower colors the names change a bit,but the stat being boosted remains the same,and its to that i am referring and not the astral name or quality.

Refined Force - Patk Astral
            Refined WillPower - Mdef Astral
            Pristine Fortitude - Pdef Astral
            Enhanced Will Destroyer - disable critical but regular damage is increased by X%(no effect on stats but battle damage will increase noticeably)
            Pristine Enshieldment - Block Astral
            Enhanced Guardian Angel - -5% of critical damage reduction( no effect on stats but critical defenses during battle will increase noticeably)
            Refined Goddess Blessing - reduces all damage values by X%(no effect on stats but defensive capabilitys during battle will increase noticeably)

any of the colors for each of this Astrals are useful for the knight class and will replace until you get a Astral of superior quality

Skill Tree:

This is the skill tree that i use and has worked for me very very well(naturally the knowledge to know how and when to use determined skills is crucial to the success of the knight over his foes)

Passive Skills:

Heart of Rage Max Lvl
            Combat Master Max Lvl
            Divine Blessing Max Lvl
            Enhanced Block Max Lvl

Active Skills:

Slasher Lvl 3
            Ultimate Slasher Lvl 3
            Delphic Destroyer lvl 2 (tanks do not need the upgrade of this skill for enhanced,because,to start lvl 2 is stronger then lvl 1 of the enhanced skill and second to obtain it will make the use of vital skill points)
            Whirlwind Lvl 2 (the lvl 2 of this skill,if followed the build i use will give nearly 1500 each hit to all Mobs/players/troops 3 times each)
            Agoran Shield Lvl 3 ( now this skill to be effective the player needs to learn when to use it during battle to obtain the max of its effect)

all this that i just typed is all that i use on my knight,and it gave fruits of hard work,like reaching to top 10 of WB without using balens for revive,or reaching rank 50 on arena,or even better,have dozens of players inviting me to help them in MP dungeons.

i will continue increasing it
            yes its a slow build,but bit by bit i grow.

and one last advice from this old geezer...stop trying to compete with player that spend in the house of thousands,because the only ones capable of competing with them,are exactly the ones that spend the same.

best way i see is,become the strong and rule your power league,meaning,instead of trying to be what you wont be,ignore those and work to become the strongest of the ones on your power range,then once thats done,advance a bit further and work to become the strongest of the next power range and so on.

and this goes for all,not just knights

be good boys and girls and have fun
            Last edited by Skillgannon; 10-10-2012, 09:40 PM.

Comment

To start off. I'm not usually the type to be posting on forums or trying to convince others what to do. However, since DeathRiver asked me to write a guide. I guess I will try my best. Even though I know this is going to be a terrible one lol.

@Skillgannon judging by the screenshots you used. It is pretty obvious you are a casher. This is from my experience as a non-cashing knight. I have held Rank 3 in arena for almost 2 weeks and I'm rank 1 in honor with a 1.5k gap between rank 2.

First of all, I don't believe in the pure tank knight.

Stats: Your primary focus should be defense. There is no need to worry about HP in your equipment, that is what you use gems for. I was a knight with 15k hp until level 45 and was doing perfectly fine. After you acquire defense you should focus on getting PAtk and Power. This will make sure that you can actually do damage. There is no point in living if you can't deal any damage.

Gems: All of your equipment should be socketed with HP except for 2 pieces. Those 2 pieces should use PAtk. The values given by the PDef and MDef aren't that great due to the fact you only have 1 socket as a non-casher.

Guild Skills: To start off the order of guild skills you should get are Stamina->Defense->Power->Charisma. This is the order you should follow until Guild Skills level 3. At this point you should focus on getting Power->Defense->Stamina. I personally left Charisma at level 2. I mainly upgraded Charisma because I needed troops to be able to survive during BGs.

Astrals:
              20-29 : PAtk and PDef Astrals. The reason being is that there are no magic damage units in campaign during this time. It also shouldn't take too long to be level 30.
              30-39 : PAtk, PDef, (Hp/MDef) This is based on what you are doing. For catacombs, campaign, and MP dungeons, your choice should be HP. However, doing Arena/BG you should use MDef.
              40-49 : PAtk, PDef, MDef, (Critical/Block) This is pretty much the same as before but at this point it is all about preferences. If you want to be more of a "tank knight" use block. However, if you want to be more of a damage dealer use critical. I never acquired the orange block astral, so I have not tested it.

You should also make sure to level up an aegis astral if you are lucky enough in astral to acquire. This astral is very handy in the PvE concept. The value may seem low at first, but once you take in consideration how many hits you are taking.

Skills:
              Slasher Level 5
              Ultimate Slasher Level 5
              Delphic Destroyer Level 3 (Please keep level 1 until you get knight/angels troops)
              Whirlwind Level 2 (This skill is completely useless until you have at least the 35 PVP set)
              Agoran Shield Level 1 (You may ask why I leave it at level 1, the reason being is that there is no way this shield is lasting past 3 turns in arena or in high catacombs. +500 absorb and 1 turn for level 2 isn't worth the skill points.)

Note: Reverse Damage is not as great as people say it is.

Passives:
              Heart of Rage Level 2
              Combat Master Level 3
              Divine Blessing Level 2
              Enhanced Block Level 1 (Do not upgrade this skill, the 100% on this skill is a lie.)

PVP guide: In battlegrounds my opening moves are standard, slasher followed with a basic attack. This being so I can use my whirlwind right after. For example lets say you are fightning a knight with angels. The main thing here is to eliminate the enemies angels as soon as possible. If you followed what I said earlier then once whirlwind has been used, the angels should be weak enough for you to finish off with ultimate slasher.

WB guide:
              30-39 : Once you have gathered 100 rage the rotation you should use is this. Open up with Delphic Destroyer(Hopefully you kept it at level 1) followed up with a ultimate slasher. After that just basic attack, which will allow you to generate more rage so you can repeat this order.
              40 - 49 : Now since your troops should be able to live a hit, you have more opportunities to hit the WB until he enrages. Open up with Ultimate Slasher followed up with Delphic Destroyer(you should have the QTE now) and immediately follow this up another Ultimate Slasher. After this just basic attack. You should see yourself hitting the boss twice before he attacks you.

Long Live [S11] Banshee Wetlands
              ANXerith, Level 48 Knight, Guild Leader of Omnipotent
              Last edited by ANXerith; 10-11-2012, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Overview.png
Views:	1
Size:	333.2 KB
ID:	1661769Click image for larger version

Name:	skills.png
Size:	301.1 KB
ID:	1661770Click image for larger version

Name:	astral.png
Size:	462.0 KB
ID:	1661771Click image for larger version

Name:	arena.png
Size:	765.5 KB
ID:	1661772

This is my build right now.
                I go for the tank type. I want to be attacker, but not lucky enough to get the astrals. So because the astrals is for tank type, i go choose tank type hehe.
                There are some (-) and (+) for being a tank.
                The (-) is damage. It's because the atk skills only at level 1 (exclude shadow trasher cause the requirement). As you can see at my SS, slasher,ulti slasher,and delphic only vl 1
                The (+) is live longer than the atk type. It's because the shield, the reduce damage, and astral of course. As you can see at my SS, i got astral for reduce damage by % and illusion astral.

Well, before i reach 40. I'm still and attacker, but because i got no luck in astrals... i choose tank type until now.

This is just my noobie experience and i'm not a casher, but i still enjoy with my build until now.

FarahQuinn - CAIN - 47 - S5
                Last edited by R216696; 10-11-2012, 01:02 AM. Reason: false image

Comment

Well, since the block passive is bugged right now, it's pretty useless against archers.
                  And thank you ANXerith for considering my request.
                  The Last Remnant OSTs Go!!!

{OuO**

Comment

Thanks both of you for making my day.
                    Both were great hehe,,love it xD.

Actually,tank is better although your damage is low at least you can survive against boss. ;P
                    While attacker had insane damage which make up for their low defense.

I'll go for either both or one of them depends on what astral i'm getting.
                    I'm boring. X_X"

Comment

I see ANXerith went to S11. I saw one same name in S7 but a mage. S7 population is huge though

Comment

Originally posted by R216696 View Post
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]25561[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]25562[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]25563[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]25564[/ATTACH]

This is my build right now.
                        I go for the tank type. I want to be attacker, but not lucky enough to get the astrals. So because the astrals is for tank type, i go choose tank type hehe.
                        There are some (-) and (+) for being a tank.
                        The (-) is damage. It's because the atk skills only at level 1 (exclude shadow trasher cause the requirement). As you can see at my SS, slasher,ulti slasher,and delphic only vl 1
                        The (+) is live longer than the atk type. It's because the shield, the reduce damage, and astral of course. As you can see at my SS, i got astral for reduce damage by % and illusion astral.

Well, before i reach 40. I'm still and attacker, but because i got no luck in astrals... i choose tank type until now.

This is just my noobie experience and i'm not a casher, but i still enjoy with my build until now.

FarahQuinn - CAIN - 47 - S5
                        I consider you a casher because you bought the jewelary. I haven't spent ANY cash. Even for this first time purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by ANXerith View Post
                          To start off. I'm not usually the type to be posting on forums or trying to convince others what to do. However, since DeathRiver asked me to write a guide. I guess I will try my best. Even though I know this is going to be a terrible one lol.

@Skillgannon judging by the screenshots you used. It is pretty obvious you are a casher. This is from my experience as a non-cashing knight. I have held Rank 3 in arena for almost 2 weeks and I'm rank 1 in honor with a 1.5k gap between rank 2.

Stats: Your primary focus should be defense. There is no need to worry about HP in your equipment, that is what you use gems for. I was a knight with 15k hp until level 45 and was doing perfectly fine. After you acquire defense you should focus on getting PAtk and Power. This will make sure that you can actually do damage. There is no point in living if you can't deal any damage.

Gems: All of your equipment should be socketed with HP except for 2 pieces. Those 2 pieces should use PAtk. The values given by the PDef and MDef aren't that great due to the fact you only have 1 socket as a non-casher.

Guild Skills: To start off the order of guild skills you should get are Stamina->Defense->Power->Charisma. This is the order you should follow until Guild Skills level 3. At this point you should focus on getting Power->Defense->Stamina. I personally left Charisma at level 2. I mainly upgraded Charisma because I needed troops to be able to survive during BGs.

Astrals:
                          20-29 : PAtk and PDef Astrals. The reason being is that there are no magic damage units in campaign during this time. It also shouldn't take too long to be level 30.
                          30-39 : PAtk, PDef, (Hp/MDef) This is based on what you are doing. For catacombs, campaign, and MP dungeons, your choice should be HP. However, doing Arena/BG you should use MDef.
                          40-49 : PAtk, PDef, MDef, (Critical/Block) This is pretty much the same as before but at this point it is all about preferences. If you want to be more of a "tank knight" use block. However, if you want to be more of a damage dealer use critical. I never acquired the orange block astral, so I have not tested it.

You should also make sure to level up an aegis astral if you are lucky enough in astral to acquire. This astral is very handy in the PvE concept. The value may seem low at first, but once you take in consideration how many hits you are taking.

Skills:
                          Slasher Level 5
                          Ultimate Slasher Level 5
                          Delphic Destroyer Level 3 (Please keep level 1 until you get knight/angels troops)
                          Whirlwind Level 2 (This skill is completely useless until you have at least the 35 PVP set)
                          Agoran Shield Level 1 (You may ask why I leave it at level 1, the reason being is that there is no way this shield is lasting past 3 turns in arena or in high catacombs. +500 absorb and 1 turn for level 2 isn't worth the skill points.)

Passives:
                          Heart of Rage Level 2
                          Combat Master Level 3
                          Divine Blessing Level 2
                          Enhanced Block Level 1 (Do not upgrade this skill, the 100% on this skill is a lie.)

PVP guide: In battlegrounds my opening moves are standard, slasher followed with a basic attack. This being so I can use my whirlwind right after. For example lets say you are fightning a knight with angels. The main thing here is to eliminate the enemies angels as soon as possible. If you followed what I said earlier then once whirlwind has been used, the angels should be weak enough for you to finish off with ultimate slasher.

WB guide:
                          30-39 : Once you have gathered 100 rage the rotation you should use is this. Open up with Delphic Destroyer(Hopefully you kept it at level 1) followed up with a ultimate slasher. After that just basic attack, which will allow you to generate more rage so you can repeat this order.
                          40 - 49 : Now since your troops should be able to live a hit, you have more opportunities to hit the WB until he enrages. Open up with Ultimate Slasher followed up with Delphic Destroyer(you should have the QTE now) and immediately follow this up another Ultimate Slasher. After this just basic attack. You should see yourself hitting the boss twice before he attacks you.

yes u are right,i am a casher,but im a very light one,because from the begining of my server (S3) i spent only 40 USD(if u exclude the monthly vip)

and also so u know i only became a casher i was already lvl 40,and even then i was already kicking butts and writting names

which means from lvl 1 to lvl 39 i played as non casher(personal choice,i dont belive or agree that should spend monster amounts in game,but thats my opinion)
                          also as caasher an excluding the vip (which trust me doesnt give that much of a boost as most non cashers think),i only buy crypt keys,because the amount of items we get from FC is worthy,never bought 1 single gem,or anything else,and so u all know,i recycled my charge bonus gems on the day i got them

Comment

ok ANXerith, im a casher then. But trinkets lvl 40 like u use, got better stat then mine

Comment

Originally posted by ANXerith View Post

Astrals:

Skills:
                              Slasher Level 5
                              Ultimate Slasher Level 5

Passives:
                              Heart of Rage Level 2
                              Combat Master Level 3
                              Divine Blessing Level 2

WB guide:

also i agree with u as player can see by my build on the screen shots and my guide that i dont folow pure tank,that is also a very bad mistake to be done.

sure pure tanks have monster def,but if u dont have damage value isnt whorty,the trick is be able to build your tank,focusing of his defs and hp because thats where its real power comes,but as i said in the guide DONT disregard you damage.

Comment

Originally posted by R216696 View Post
                                ok ANXerith, im a casher then. But trinkets lvl 40 like u use, got better stat then mine
                                i tested the trinket issue and even lvl 30 trinkets are better then lvl 20 orange ones.
                                the stats on the trinkets are related with the GEAR LEVEL not its collor.
                                the color only as effect on its base WHITE stats.

the higher lvl the trinket the higher the green stats

i was able with refining to place my former (im using lvl 40 now) lvl 30 jewels giving one 23 extra points to atack and the other 29,thus making it superior to the lvl 20 orange

Comment

Working...
                                X