No announcement yet.

Critical % formula

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

imo this formula is right however br and lvl also affect crit my guess is br and lvl have its own formula on how they affect crit(?)

Comment

Originally posted by S44-ZEREF View Post
      imo this formula is right however br and lvl also affect crit my guess is br and lvl have its own formula on how they affect crit(?)
      Malleus is checking my work atm :P. (i know level does effect crit. so formula is best suited for level 80) but my BR had changed over the last few weeks with no change to crit % (my crit value has remained the same)
      IGN: Jacko
      Server: Kabam S24
      Guild: Genesis
      Main Objective at the moment: Win Class Wars...

Comment

all these numbers make my head hurt...

im pretty sure we all agree that lvls effect crit rate, but im pretty sure BR does too.. but i cant be 100% sure.

almost 5k crit. with 104k br at lvl 76 for me.

with jakos calculator thats about 52% crit rate, which in pvp and high end dungeons does seem right.
        vs wb and low end dungeons though i feel my crit rate is much higher.

take spire for example, floors 1-10 i get 70-80% crits. the higher i go, the less i crit.
        floors 13,14,15 i get a crit every other attack or, so its closer to 40-50%

however if i use warrior call and a few pots, 5k crit with 114k br at lvl 76. on floors 13,14,15 my crit rate just vanishes. im talking maybe 1 crit in 5 attacks. 20%.

now i havent taken any real data or actually fully observed this, this is just the feeling i get when im screaming at my char "crit you stupid f**ker" whilst using vulcans trying to wipe them before they can buff up to 1000% attack damage.

Comment

Originally posted by Skribz View Post
          all these numbers make my head hurt...

im pretty sure we all agree that lvls effect crit rate, but im pretty sure BR does too.. but i cant be 100% sure.

almost 5k crit. with 104k br at lvl 76 for me.

with jakos calculator thats about 52% crit rate, which in pvp and high end dungeons does seem right.
          vs wb and low end dungeons though i feel my crit rate is much higher.

take spire for example, floors 1-10 i get 70-80% crits. the higher i go, the less i crit.
          floors 13,14,15 i get a crit every other attack or, so its closer to 40-50%

however if i use warrior call and a few pots, 5k crit with 114k br at lvl 76. on floors 13,14,15 my crit rate just vanishes. im talking maybe 1 crit in 5 attacks. 20%.

now i havent taken any real data or actually fully observed this, this is just the feeling i get when im screaming at my char "crit you stupid f**ker" whilst using vulcans trying to wipe them before they can buff up to 1000% attack damage.
          My Formula is for PvE only (i'm working on pvp just don't have the numbers yet to give a good estamate

Comment

But seeing as you can never have 100% critical rate you would need to set the forumula up into log form. Your value might be correct for your current critical value, but someone with 8k and 10k critical might have as little as 1% difference.

Comment

I have 7982 crit point and by ur calculation my crit % should be 83% but when im using arrow strike ( PVE ofc ) im not always crit, why i say i should always crit with arrow strike? because arrow strike add 20% crit rate which mean 83% + 20% = 103%.

Comment

I've gotten Jacko's data but unable to compute anything.

Here's what I got
                Crit value = something,
                Total attacks = something
                Crit stat = something.

------------

I do need the following to make sense of the information:
                Crit Stat = 0 to 8000 (in increments of 100, if you may)

For each of the crit stat, give me your experimental results (out of 10000 hits, how many crits did you get).
                Example:

Crit stat = 100, Experimental Crit chance = 0.02
                Crit stat = 200, Experimental Crit chance = 0.035..
                Crit Stat = 300, Experimental Crit chance = ?
                Crit Stat = 8000, Experimental Crit chance = ?

That's the only way to compute anything useful.
                Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
                [No longer logging in]

Comment

Originally posted by shucia3479 View Post
                  I have 7982 crit point and by ur calculation my crit % should be 83% but when im using arrow strike ( PVE ofc ) im not always crit, why i say i should always crit with arrow strike? because arrow strike add 20% crit rate which mean 83% + 20% = 103%.
                  Because hes using a linear model when its not built around a linear model.
                  Here is a test you should try, after using lunitic fire and getting the + critical buff can you not score a critical with arrow strike?
                  Only way to have 100% critical rate is with the buff from AP.

Comment

Originally posted by IcarS69 View Post
                    But seeing as you can never have 100% critical rate you would need to set the forumula up into log form. Your value might be correct for your current critical value, but someone with 8k and 10k critical might have as little as 1% difference.
                    Any concave function with a horizontal asymptote at 1, would be a candidate function. The simplest among them would be logarithmic function.
                    [No longer logging in]

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
                      Any concave function with a horizontal asymptote at 1, would be a candidate function. The simplest among them would be logarithmic function.
                      But can you really have it as 1. With skills such as arrow strike it would have to be .8 no? Also there would need to be some testing with lunatic fire's + critical rate on the next attack. Would have to assume that if you could fail to critical with +14% lunatic fire buff then the true % is 65.9999 max.

Comment

But can you really have it as 1. With skills such as arrow strike it would have to be .8 no? Also there would need to be some testing with lunatic fire's + critical rate on the next attack. Would have to assume that if you could fail to critical with +14% lunatic fire buff then the true % is 65.9999 max.
                        Yeah it's more complicated than it seems.
                        [No longer logging in]

Comment

Either way 6k critical seemed to work fine for Lych NM as an archer.

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
                            Yeah it's more complicated than it seems.
                            Ok, I understand Archers have skills / that do increase critical %. Does this mean that Archers and Knights could possibly have a different % of Crit per Crit Value ? I have yet to see any info or testing different Classes. I only have the option of testing with my own class.

Is there anyone willing to put in the time to test Knight's / Archers ?

Malleus, i'll work on getting you that info but it will take some time.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackos24 View Post
                              Ok, I understand Archers have skills / that do increase critical %. Does this mean that Archers and Knights could possibly have a different % of Crit per Crit Value ? I have yet to see any info or testing different Classes. I only have the option of testing with my own class.

Is there anyone willing to put in the time to test Knight's / Archers ?

Malleus, i'll work on getting you that info but it will take some time.
                              Pan has some skills with boosted critical hit rate too so all classes can have a minimum of 10% boost.
                              But who is to say heal spells that have no way of being boosted yet can get a bonus from critical do not have a higher initial rate?

Comment

I also wonder why My Delphic Sniper Doesnt miss a single crit on wb while Arrow Strike sometimes miss? idk why
                                All can be killed, Dryads FTW!

Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X