How Cashers view their own spending habits in wartune

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Filfiljuma View Post
    This thread is completely useless, I and many others cash because we enjoy owning little cuddly puppies like you
    Originally posted by MrPunkinHead View Post
    This Guy has killer social skills and pants.
    +1 for u mr.punk
    Last edited by EsmeWeatherwax; 01-14-2014, 07:53 AM. Reason: Language in quote
    Now Playing ~ Shadowbound [S13] - Hunter

played games so far (in many different account) ~ Crystal Saga, Wartune, Broken Realm, Eternal Saga, Dragon Pals, Yitien, Blade Hunter (alpha), Lunaria Story, League of Angels, Monkey King Online, Crusader of Solaris, Shadowbound, Mythborne (alpha), Stormthrone (alpha) more list to come

Comment

Don't know why mine was censored when there was no vulgar language after I took it upon myself to change the word.
      "… Stupid people do stupid things.
      Smart people outsmart each other.
      Then themselves! Then themselves! …"

CondorHero status: ██
      TheGuardingDark status: ██
      senadbasic status: ██
      oxykotton status: ██

Comment

Live and let live... It's a cash game, people will cash. If they put themselves into a debt, I feel sad for them but only for a second .
        If you're rich and you cash, then kudos to you .
        Player Class: Archer
        Battle Rating : 162k+

^ Manly purple!

Comment

Originally posted by Tranc3motion View Post
          Since when is making 13k a month insanely rich? lol
          The real question(s) should be:
          • Is he/she single or supporting a family?
          • Is he/she living in a high cost of living area?
          • Is he/she making that before or after taxes?

I'm not going to flaunt my pay, but I make a decent living. However, I also have a wife, kid, 2nd on the way, a mortgage, an ailing mother and live in one of the more expensive places in the US in terms of cost of living (My property taxes alone are over 15,000/yr). I have a budget of around $250 / mo or so for my own leisure / gaming. It mostly goes to Wartune - with the exception of a few WarHammer 40k Codecs & minis (The 40k crowd will understand).

People who don't have a lot of responsibility & expenses outside the game can drop a grand+ a month into it without breaking a sweat. People with families and budgets, regardless of how much they make, will often be more tempered in their spending for pixels .

When I was fresh out of college, single, had my job all set and was still renting an apartment with my friends where my share was $400 / mo - I was putting 20k+ into savings a year - and that's after all the other spending I was doing, which included making a new gaming rig about every other month, traveling, eating out all the time and what have you. The funny thing is that if I made today what I did then I'd be broke-*** poor and lose my house. But when you're living with little responsibility / expenses, earning what many might consider "meager" is still damn comfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by R26930103 View Post
            Let me repeat. This thread is not anti cashers or anti heavy cashers.

This thread is about what some cashers from light to heavy tell me/tell the public/guild chat on why they are spending that amount they are spending.

For example, "I am light because R2 is greedy"; "I am moderate because I can spend intelligently":

"I am heavy because you only live once with no regrets" (this isn't a made up reason to ridicule heavy cashers... it was a 25-30K nice & cool who guy told me this)

"I spend the amount I am because I'm happy doing so" (most offered reason in this thread)

-----------

I also don't condone and disagree with people who are bitter (for example, by rudely calling them "Mr Balens" in world chat) against heavy cashers when they spend in system chat.
            I spend because I enjoy getting new things and achieving higher stats, R2 is greedy, yes it does affect my spending but I still spend because I do want the new and interesting things, and I enjoy doing so.

@MrPunkinHead You got disproved by me every time you've posted, you just talk nonsense and can't backup anything.

Comment

As to the issue of "smarter" spending, let me extrapolate...

Smarter spending is generally what we on a budget consider ourselves as doing because we figure out the greatest BR return on our $. Spending on Mount Whips, Soul Crystals, Runestones and Fate Wheel Spins is what we light to moderate spenders consider a poor return on our $. It's just that simple. You can drop thousands upon thousands into those sinks and not realize a large boon for your $.

Right now the "smarter" spenders are dumping their Balens into Jewel Hunt. Where one can get more Whips, Soul Crystals, Rune Stones and Fate Stones than if they spend the same amount on any 1 item when it was available in shop. You want to know how some people had 25,000+ SC Saved for this last event? Jewel Hunt. I put my monthly $200 into the game around X-mas. Since then I've gained 13-levels of Soul Engraving (in large part thanks to the current event), 7 levels of Brutal Edge, tons of Gem upgrades and have stockpiled a little over 1,000 Whips. I still have a little over 4,000 Balens left too. My BR gain from the engraving, gems and brutal edge alone is well over 8k at this point.

The cost to effectively buy up from L3 to L4 Stables alone approaches $3,500. And what's the actual yield from that? About +7,000 BR In total, depending on how you allocate to your Mount stats? That's literally 2 BR / $1 Spent. Not 2,000. 2. Compare that to my gaining 40+ BR per $1 spent. My BR / $ yield is literally 20x higher.

People literally spent thousands spinning the Fate Wheel early on to get to just L10 Brutal Edge. Now, you can get as much as 200 Fate Stones a day by playing Jewel Hunt and spend but a fraction (as well as get loads of Whips, Soul Crystals, Rune Stones, etc..). People who never paid to spin the fate wheel once are getting their Brutal Edge to max now. I did just 2 days ago.

Really, what it comes down to more than anything is patience and understanding. If you're patient with your Balens and understand how to maximize your $, you'll get better rewards for the $ spent. Much better. People who want the instant gratification of getting to L7 Stables first and having L80 Soul Engraving and all L7+ Gems are dropping tens of thousands of dollars to do so. Now if they've got the $ to do that, more power to them! I personally don't, so I have to really think about where I use my Balens and try to maximize the rewards I get from them.

That is the thought process being "smarter" spending.

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
                Most games are not free, but they don't cost this much.

I've paid $40 for Diablo2 + expansion in 2003 and enjoys it till now. I've paid $60 for Warcraft3 + Frozen Throne in 2005 and enjoys it till now. I'm currently playing Diablo3 (paid $40 + $20 for Expansion to be released on March 25) and looking forward to it.

So I wonder what your statement actually mean? You can enjoy games without spending crazy amount.
                Malleus - How'd you like StarCraft 2? Or did you not give it a throw?

Also, if you enjoy 3rd person strat games, and like war-gaming - check out WarHammer 40k. It's a table-top hobbyist game I've been playing for over a decade and it never gets old .

Comment

Originally posted by Zorich View Post
                  Also, if you enjoy 3rd person strat games, and like war-gaming - check out WarHammer 40k. It's a table-top hobbyist game I've been playing for over a decade and it never gets old .
                  Warhammer is AMAZING. But it's also a very expensive hobby if you really get into it. I played Warhammer Fantasy for several years and spent hundreds of dollars on figures as well as "I have no idea how many" hours on painting the miniatures. Very rewarding really but just a hard hobby to keep up with.
                  Patryn
                  Twisted
                  S130 Dragonmar

"If you can't take brutal honesty then you are speaking to the wrong person"
                  "Touring S130....one guild at a time"

Comment

I dont spend alot on the game, I bought wings when they are on special and then up graded them when they were on special again..at the same time the clothing event is on, so I get free things for buying wings and upgrading them on special basically haha. I recharge only when theres events on to recharge... Ive been lucky with the gift boxes and havent bought any more than 50 before i win the mount etc. Diddnt get lucky this time though and only decided to buy 30 boxes..if I dont get the mount in 30 i never will is my reasoning. Some people will just keep spending till they win that mount though..its them i worry about because i bet alot cant actually afford what they are spending. I know people that have spent mega on this game..and for what?? a title?? a win?? a mount to show off?? a boost in BR??...is the same anywhere really. Funny thing is though, alot of those people have either left now or play the game a lot less than they used too...i wonder whats changed to make that happen?? I think some stop and think about the money they put into this game and get abit of a wake up call lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Filfiljuma View Post
                      I spend because I enjoy getting new things and achieving higher stats, R2 is greedy, yes it does affect my spending but I still spend because I do want the new and interesting things, and I enjoy doing so.

@MrPunkinHead You got disproved by me every time you've posted, you just talk nonsense and can't backup anything.
                      I haven't been disproven yet.
                      We could both be wrong about our idealogy, but one has experience and the other has a spending habit.
                      "… Stupid people do stupid things.
                      Smart people outsmart each other.
                      Then themselves! Then themselves! …"

CondorHero status: ██
                      TheGuardingDark status: ██
                      senadbasic status: ██
                      oxykotton status: ██

Comment

::::Checks back in on the thread:::: "Yup...a font of hatred and animosity....just like I predicted."
                        Patryn
                        Twisted
                        S130 Dragonmar

"If you can't take brutal honesty then you are speaking to the wrong person"
                        "Touring S130....one guild at a time"

Comment

Originally posted by FarrelBrown View Post
                          Warhammer is AMAZING. But it's also a very expensive hobby if you really get into it. I played Warhammer Fantasy for several years and spent hundreds of dollars on figures as well as "I have no idea how many" hours on painting the miniatures. Very rewarding really but just a hard hobby to keep up with.
                          It's gotten more pricey unfortunately. They moved to all resin models now, away from the pewter - which makes for much better painting detail and assembly - but also makes them vulnerable to temperature extremes (I learned this transporting them in my trunk for a 30 min ride in 0 degree weather) and customization is very difficult now. They're also much lighter and need something in the base to steady them unless you're going to magnetize them w/ a custom board (as I did - ).

I never really got into the fantasy as much as I'd have liked to, but I think it had to do with cost and time. I really enjoyed the hobby aspect of the game. A lot. I'd started with WH40K and proceeded to get fairly large Eldar, Necron, Tau and Space Marine (Raven Wing) armies via a mix of bartertown, ebay and purchases. All but the Necrons I stripped down and rebased / repainted from the ground up. It was my primary hobby for the better part of 4 years with me putting in about 10-12 hours a week of remodeling, painting and playing.

Once I had a kid that hobby went out the window - or at the very least, is on hold until he's gonna be old enough to appreciate it and not destroy it.

Comment

ive spent hundreds on the game a cld give a flying f**k about your opinion, who are you or anyone else for that matter to tell me im morally or ethically wrong to do so?

if you spent more time seeing to your own affairs and not others you would be farther ahead inlife instead of wasting away whining about what other people spend there money on

im sotired of seeing these pointless threaDS
                            Last edited by mid3vil187; 01-14-2014, 11:54 PM.

Comment

i spend 7.99$ a month enough said now thats wise spending haha gotta love me that vip ooo and thats another group the vip only cashers
                              Statagongi
                              server s375
                              br52k
                              lvl 68 archer
                              Guild: IMMORTALS

Comment

lol i wonder how vip got viewed as wise spending. Promotions are what i consider wise spendings, like the $5 recharge for new servers.

Comment

Working...
                                X