HP better than defences on an archer?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HP better than defences on an archer?

alright to settle a long standing argument with a fellow player i ask the awsome people of the forums is hp beter to stack then defneces on an archer his reasoning is you will survive longer with more hp rather than more defences the lot of us in the guild argue that defences are better because it reduces the ammount of damage taken by either patk or matk
    Statagongi
    server s375
    br52k
    lvl 68 archer
    Guild: IMMORTALS

i think def its the best. you can have 100k hp if you have 14k def, then you still die fast.

Comment

The problem with high health is having a healer backing you up .
      Player Class: Archer
      Battle Rating : 162k+

^ Manly purple!

Comment

defense is more crucial in any fight longer then 2 rounds. but still need to keep up adequate amount of health to be able to survive a couple hits

Comment

High hp and low defenses = your blood thirsty ad healing rune are pretty much useless, since you'll lose a lot of hp each round. And as iggy said, it shall be very hard for the mages to keep you alive in pve.
          Archers are the only class who do not have any passive which grants them defenses, so they need it like air. Defenses are more important than hp

Comment

i dunno

lets say 5kpdef 5kmdef vs 50k hp. Using the formula Multiplier * (atk-def) / 2, you need to get hit more than 2000% for def to be more effective. sylph delphics are 300%, delphics are 350-400%, normal skills are 100-200%. If you last long enough 2000% is achievable

for heals, def is better when you receive fixed number heals, like restoration/blessed light/warm spring/rain dance. For percentage heals like sunto/healing rune, it is just the same.
            Last edited by mageheal50; 01-15-2014, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Lol...just go for patk crit hp and pdef gems... No other choice for archer

_________

Crit Mage 80v
              ~135k Br

_________

Comment

Originally posted by AnataOFAkku View Post
                Lol...just go for patk crit hp and pdef gems... No other choice for archer
                But why isn't better to go with patk,crit,pdef and mdef? they'll meet a lot of matk dealers before cw where btw if the opponents manage to sylph they'll meet again matk dealers...

Comment

Gotta disagree with Anata on this instance, i find myself doing better overall with pdef, mdef, crit and patk gems, dropping hp gems totally.

I make up with fate and sylph bonuses.

These days there are too many apollos and irises running around. Archer need defence from both ends.

Eili
                  S144
                  Guild: 'Nightmare
                  Level 80 Archer

Comment

i go for 8 patk, 8 crit,6 block, 2 Hp, 4Mdef and 4 Pdef., its your choice, what stat you want or want to work with. I have ~5.2k crit and ~3.3k block. Both works quite well most times. However, Patk and crit are basic of archer. Level 65 today, LD, today.

Edit: Since i dont think block more than 3.3k would be necessary atm, I convert Block Gems to HP, whenever block goes above 3.3k.
                    Last edited by R29296591; 01-16-2014, 02:37 AM.
                    Sarcasm Intended

Comment

If the BR of a Defense gem is equal to the BR of a HP gem I'm thinking that there is no real difference. Since healing rune gives % of HP back means doesn't matter if you have high HP ,you'll just get more. And considering that Iris can crit heal, I don't see why not go for HP gems for CW purposes. In the end if you face an orange Apollo doesn't matter how much block/m def you have ,you will still be carpeted in 1 blow.
                      Personally I dropped 4 m def gems in favor of crit gems, but I have 8 HP gems. I'm thinking it's sort of a compromise, to still keep crit above 5k ,have decent HP but don't lower m def too much.
                      IGN: AncientEvil
                      Server: EU-271+merged
                      Class: Archer
                      Getting less Evil and more Ancient every day.

Comment

In general (not always!), HP is usually better in PVE, while defense is better in PVP.

Comment

Yes ..hp is better u got more hp but u need and mdef and patk,or critical..whatever are u going to max...
                          *BloodyMark* (MoonstoneSwamp)
                          lvl 61
                          Class:Archer
                          Guild:Valor
                          Battle rating:40k.
                          Title:Mortal Blow,Sylph warior,Spelunker.
                          Sylphs:AmazonQueen,Iris,Gaia-top 10

He who laughs last,thinks slowest! !

Comment

The key to everything is balance. Going full on hp and neglecting defense is just as bad as the other way around.

Comment

More Hp is good for PVE becuase there is a lot of boss making huge HP bleed. and for pvp if you def is high enough, ie you get around 2.5k damage per attack you can go for HP. Because it might just be the minimum damage per attack you take it anyways no matter how much def.
                              Sarcasm Intended

Comment

Working...
                              X