No announcement yet.

Fire Sylph Skills Explained - Check here with images

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I read the stats of sylph and its conversion rate and there is no explanation or any prove that PDF or MDF of the character are transferred when you awaken your sylph. You on the other hand say that there is so prove it. You also design the experiment wrong. Each experiment has to prove a hypothesis so where is your hypothesis.
    Mage level 72 br 107k.

Comment

Originally posted by R211563703 View Post
      I read the stats of sylph and its conversion rate and there is no explanation or any prove that PDF or MDF of the character are transferred when you awaken your sylph. You on the other hand say that there is so prove it. You also design the experiment wrong. Each experiment has to prove a hypothesis so where is your hypothesis.
      as you wish XD

my hypothesis is that sylph defense get's added to your character's defense while awakened.
      to proof this i used the archerskill poison arrow. the good thing about this skill is that it's bleed damage depends on atk and defense but doesn't vary like other skills (no 90-110% damage range). so it will always hit for the same damage as long as both player's atk and def remains unchanged.
      in my case i first used a lvl 1 white iris with 8 pdef. while i was in normal form, the poison effect hit me for exactly 1200 damage. my character's pdef was 15342, the archer's patk was 19093. after i changed to sylph form i noticed that the poison damage dropped to only 1197. it should be pretty obvious that this is due to the 8pdef from my sylph being added to my character. but to make sure i tested it again with a lvl 80 blue iris with 1587 pdef. now the poison damage further dropped to 692.

now lets look at these values:
      in normal form the difference between my enemy's patk and my pdef was 19093 - 15342 = 3751. poison damage was 1200, which is 32% of that difference. (note: the game uses the difference between atk and enemy defense for it's damage formula)
      now let's assume that 100% of my pet's defense was added in sylph form. with my blue iris this should give me 16929 pdef. the difference between enemy's atk and my def is now 2164. poison damage was 692, which is again 32%.
      this should prove that defense in sylph form is the sum of your character's and sylph's defense.
      Last edited by Setsuna88; 01-21-2014, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Wow awesome discovery. No one has ever mentioned that def of sylph get's added to awaken form stats. The results from your tests makes sense. Actually poison is 64% dmg, and formula is normally (atk-def)/2. 32% probably came from that.

the problem with armor stat, you only get half of the effect compared to str and int. You get half of it bcz it will split into mdef and pdef of sylph
        PATK = .0018 * Strength * STR Aptitude
        PDEF = .0009 * (Armor * ARM Aptitude + Strength * STR Aptitude)
        MATK = .0018 * Intellect * INT Aptitude
        MDEF = .0009 * (Armor * ARM Aptitude + Intellect * INT Aptitude)

9 vs 18. So it is still your choice if you wanna use your stats points on armor or str/int

Comment

never put points in armor for your sylph. in fact you gain even more pdef form str and more mdef from int than from armor cause of the higher aptitude. id go str/int all the way.

Comment

thnx for this :-)
            RoyalD - ToXiCLair Officer
            S182

Comment

Originally posted by Setsuna88 View Post
              never put points in armor for your sylph. in fact you gain even more pdef form str and more mdef from int than from armor cause of the higher aptitude. id go str/int all the way.
              Str/Int for your Iris? How abt End?

Comment

Originally posted by yinsw View Post
                All int for Iris, more Int more matk, more matk more healing. End is an option if you don't really care for sylph arena as it gives a boost to your toon but even so it comes with a decrease in healing since lower matk so its a double edged sword

Comment

Originally posted by yinsw View Post
                  sry i should have made this clear: all int for matk pets, all str for patk pets. i thought its obvious :P
                  end is fine but i prefer atk. only end increases your char's BR but str/int also makes your sylph attacks stronger when unawakened, and the dmg/def it adds to your sylph will get added to your char when you awaken.

Comment

Working...
                  X