Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

"Improvise" the Fogotten Catacombs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Improvise" the Fogotten Catacombs

As you go higher and further the more time it takes to complete each run. It's really becoming a chore

I would like to propose a slight change to the reward system it has.

e.g.

If you manage to get past Floor 40, you have the option to skip the lower levels and begin at the 41st Floor BUT - You miss all rewards prior. Hence you are forced to do the same thing from the 1st floor up over and over everyday.

Currently choosing to skip it grants you ZERO rewards prior. What I would to happen is that when you choose to skip floors and start at the 41st, you still get ALL rewards prior to that floor - That's a fixed number of crypt tokens and random L1 gems. That way you save time and be efficient w/ it and not get burned out.

Thoughts?

What would happen if you got really good items? So youll keep on getting that really good item every time you start at the 41st floor?

Comment

Originally posted by R22729751 View Post
      As you go higher and further the more time it takes to complete each run. It's really becoming a chore

I would like to propose a slight change to the reward system it has.

e.g.

If you manage to get past Floor 40, you have the option to skip the lower levels and begin at the 41st Floor BUT - You miss all rewards prior. Hence you are forced to do the same thing from the 1st floor up over and over everyday.

Currently choosing to skip it grants you ZERO rewards prior. What I would to happen is that when you choose to skip floors and start at the 41st, you still get ALL rewards prior to that floor - That's a fixed number of crypt tokens and random L1 gems. That way you save time and be efficient w/ it and not get burned out.

Thoughts?
      I Think...-1 People should put the effort of clicking Cata, and take the 5 seconds to hit AFK Mode....then chill back head to the fridge grab some food, glass with ice, pour some soda into it...maybe a few chips...go back to the monitor...sit...and watch or listen to music/browse the net/watch anime/movie/show....IF ONLY...I could have saved those 5 seconds of my life
      'Cuz I'ma CandyMan~
      ☣CAIN☣

Comment

Like what good item...? So far it's just random L1 gems and a fixed number of CT's.

Maybe the higher floor offers better drops. Assuming that, getting good drops should still be randomized. Purple and Orange items still having a low chance of dropping and getting such is still based on luck and chance. What I was proposing is that you just get the fixed number of CT's from the floors prior and a fixed number of random L1 gems.. The shinies you get in between are not fixed. Still applied but random and happens by chance.

I hope that clears it up.
        Last edited by R22729751; 09-09-2012, 07:28 PM. Reason: typo's

Comment

Lol, sounds good! I like it, but I dont think R2 will

Comment

Originally posted by ProNab View Post
            I Think...-1 People should put the effort of clicking Cata, and take the 5 seconds to hit AFK Mode....then chill back head to the fridge grab some food, glass with ice, pour some soda into it...maybe a few chips...go back to the monitor...sit...and watch or listen to music/browse the net/watch anime/movie/show....IF ONLY...I could have saved those 5 seconds of my life
            Luv the sarcasm.. So yeah! +1!

Comment

Originally posted by autlos View Post
              Lol, sounds good! I like it, but I dont think R2 will
              Who knows.. R2 doesn't want burned out players and customers I take it

Would be good to hear from them and what they have to say about it though.

Comment

That's why they have the AFK mode to do everything for you. If you're strong enough to pass the lvl 40 floor, then you can easily pass the ones below it with ease and swiftness. Of course, if you want to save time you can easily just skip those lower ones. Your idea would require more codings and I don't think they want to bother with that, especially when we already have the option of skipping it or not. I usually just start lv 1 and leave it on AFK and go do something else.
                ~MIA

Comment

And I dont get it, whats wrong with what ProNab says, dont tell me you AFK and you watch your character play itself! D:

Comment

Like what good item...? So far it's just random L1 gems and a fixed number of CT's.

Maybe the higher floor offers better drops. Assuming that, getting good drops should still be randomized. Purple and Orange items still having a low chance of dropping and getting such is still based on luck and chance. What I was proposing is that you just get the fixed number of CT's from the floors prior and a fixed number of random L1 gems.. The shinies you get in between are not fixed. Still applied but random and happens by chance.

I hope that clears it up.
                    move mouse over each chests rewards on the left in the catacomb menu options before entering to check the prices given out, lv.40+ floors offer lv.2 gems
                    'Cuz I'ma CandyMan~
                    ☣CAIN☣

Comment

Originally posted by LostLimit View Post
                      That's why they have the AFK mode to do everything for you. If you're strong enough to pass the lvl 40 floor, then you can easily pass the ones below it with ease and swiftness. Of course, if you want to save time you can easily just skip those lower ones. Your idea would require more codings and I don't think they want to bother with that, especially when we already have the option of skipping it or not. I usually just start lv 1 and leave it on AFK and go do something else.
                      True..

But NOT everyone has a home PC/laptop.. Some people have limited access to such devices and would want to make the most of their time online doing other aspects in the game rather than wait X number of minutes, the time it takes your toon to finish the catacombs *everyday*. And as you go further (inevitable) the more time is required to finish through..

So yes, I think this merits to be looked at.

Comment

Originally posted by autlos View Post
                        And I dont get it, whats wrong with what ProNab says, dont tell me you AFK and you watch your character play itself! D:
                        I Bet He likes to watch his own character play with/by himself *.*
                        'Cuz I'ma CandyMan~
                        ☣CAIN☣

Comment

Originally posted by ProNab View Post
                          move mouse over each chests rewards on the left in the catacomb menu options before entering to check the prices given out, lv.40+ floors offer lv.2 gems
                          I see.. Get's better from there on. Still No one wants to miss out on the random L1 gems + the fixed number of CT's for skipping floors

Comment

True..

But NOT everyone has a home PC/laptop.. Some people have limited access to such devices and would want to make the most of their time online doing other aspects in the game rather than wait X number of minutes, the time it takes your toon to finish the catacombs *everyday*. And as you go further (inevitable) the more time is required to finish through..

So yes, I think this merits to be looked at.
                            I WIll Give You That One...it does indeed take FOREVER!!! (exaggeration) to finish about 40ish Mins. just to clear past 40 so yeah about 40 mins can be a pretty long time
                            'Cuz I'ma CandyMan~
                            ☣CAIN☣

Comment

I see.. Get's better from there on. Still No one wants to miss out on the random L1 gems + the fixed number of CT's for skipping floors
                              ^ So True, NO ONE will deny this comment, if they do...they're nabs ._. but yes no1 would wanna miss out on the gems, the way they look at it I guess is "play through the whole thing to claim your just rewards or skip, your call" O,..,e
                              Last edited by ProNab; 09-09-2012, 08:13 PM.
                              'Cuz I'ma CandyMan~
                              ☣CAIN☣

Comment

Working...
                              X