X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Combat System Changes

Hello all, I'm here only to show a small but useful combat system change:
    The Rage Thing.

The way it is now, getting rage in single fights is impossible to cast strong spells (the ones that consume 80 rage and even the healing ones for 35 for the mage).
    Also in dungeons and scenarios it is boring to cast the same spell multiple times to get rage to cast 1 spell then repeat or cast 1 spell for eternity to save rage for a boss battle when my high cost mage skills sucks.
    So Here is the deal, the new system and how it would work:
    First you only get to save 50% of current rage (mana rage or focus) after each battle.
    Second each class would have an unique Rage system:
    Archers:
    With every attack and the first skill learnt you get 1 focus point.After the 3rd point, the next attack that would give you focus will lock you on that target.Some skills will change the locked target, while others will focus on that target for a number of turns (meaning it won't change target even if your skill would do so normally).Some skills consume focus while others give focus based on number of hits or number of targets hit.For example, the lunatic fire would cost X focus points to be cast and would give you Y points per hit it delivers at the end of the skill, making it good for multi target attacks but weak and expensive to single targets
    Warrior:
    The warrior will use the classic rage system, where you get rage based on damage dealt (comparing to your level to balance things out) and damage taken (since he is a tank).Noting special here.
    Mages:
    Mages need to cast strong spells fast in order to be good so they would have an energy system.The more you cast more energy you get, but some skills will cost energy to be cast.They would be called finishers and would stop you energy chain earning resetting it to 0.Then you would have to start all over by casting spells over and over or you could just sit still and let it passively regenerate with your passive skills (this would remove the mage auto attack but would give him energy per turn)

I guess that it sums it up regarding the combat system.Critics and suggestions are welcome and please leave feedback.

But they already have systems where its easier for you to obtain rage in single battles! A complete armor set let you does that. You dont start off with rage, but it lets you build rage and keep it high up there!

Comment

Originally posted by autlos View Post
      But they already have systems where its easier for you to obtain rage in single battles! A complete armor set let you does that. You dont start off with rage, but it lets you build rage and keep it high up there!
      ^ what he said, don't ruin the game, it's good enough as it is (yes i'ma mage I have no troubles)
      'Cuz I'ma CandyMan~
      ☣CAIN☣

Comment

Working...
      X