Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Important info regarding sylphs before you pick your new ones.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setsuna88
    replied
    Originally posted by Draggyy View Post
    well until the guardian system shall be implemented, I believe that both fire and electrical sylphs shall be very strong. I mean look at apollo how much damage it does, while those 2 shall do even more (single target) damage. Iris have less and less chances against those dps sylphs since it becomes almost impossible to overheal . A crit heal might restore all your hp, but a crit hit from 1 of those can also 1 hit you with full hp lol.
    right, thats why i wondered.. with guardian system iris should shine again or maybe her healing gets reduced by the guardians as well? it's just weird seeing so few chinese players using it

Leave a comment:

• Draggyy
    replied
    well until the guardian system shall be implemented, I believe that both fire and electrical sylphs shall be very strong. I mean look at apollo how much damage it does, while those 2 shall do even more (single target) damage. Iris have less and less chances against those dps sylphs since it becomes almost impossible to overheal . A crit heal might restore all your hp, but a crit hit from 1 of those can also 1 hit you with full hp lol.
    Last edited by Draggyy; 01-20-2014, 10:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

• mageheal50
    replied
    theory #1 and theory #2 just contradicts each other.

Leave a comment:

• S44-ZEREF
    replied
    well on china mages for cw mostly use dark sylph its patk and its hp drain based and that chaos activation chance can be quite deadly....for PvE get electric if you are crit if not get fire,however for mages cw fire is the best right now

Leave a comment:

• Jackos24
    replied
    For the 2nd test I got the Information from 2-3 guildies and did not do the testing myself. When the patch is released i will be checking there results myself, but they have never steered me wrong in the past.

Originally posted by DanteMugetsu View Post
    jackos bottom line, are you going with fire or electric? i am really confused which one to pick based on china servers where noone has cerberus and most people have hercules

nice work and thx for sharing
    I'm still on the fence atm. (but i'm leaning toward fire) (Electric is more dmg but has a lot less utility) and if i ever go back to WD spec electric will not be a good fit.
    Last edited by EsmeWeatherwax; 01-21-2014, 04:14 AM. Reason: Merge double post

Leave a comment:

• ancev
    replied
    Originally posted by Setsuna88 View Post
    i was talking about test#2

it says a mage with pan + str pot or patk scroll would deal more damage than without these buffs.
    same should apply to knight + iris and matk scroll / int pot, but in my tests it didn't make any difference
    Oh lol now I see, I just read title (do pots and scrolls affect power), didn't notice the weird experiment. Now that's screwed up. Mea culpa setsuna.

Leave a comment:

• Setsuna88
    replied
    Originally posted by ancev View Post
    Actually he says the same thing I did. That for cross attack sylph, your highest attack value is being used(your p atack), not the corresponding attack type of the sylph (your m atack)
    i was talking about test#2

it says a mage with pan + str pot or patk scroll would deal more damage than without these buffs.
    same should apply to knight + iris and matk scroll / int pot, but in my tests it didn't make any difference
    Last edited by Setsuna88; 01-20-2014, 05:51 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ancev
    replied
    its what it says on his website (at least for pots and scrolls). i just tested to make sure, but came to the same conclusion as you.
    Actually he says the same thing I did. That for cross attack sylph, your highest attack value is being used(your p atack), not the corresponding attack type of the sylph (your m atack)

Leave a comment:

• Setsuna88
    replied
    Originally posted by ancev View Post
    And here I was being surprised about Jacko saying that some players think sylph awakened atack = m atack + p atack. And yet you think that boosting your m atack as a knight will increase Iris power.
    Your sylph will use your highest atack value and convert it into m atack or p atack depending on sylph.
    Example:
    Knight = highest atack value is p atack of course
    Iris = m atack type sylph
    Awakened Iris Knight= atacks deal magic damage , with power based on sylph magic power and knight physical power.
    its what it says on his website (at least for pots and scrolls). i just tested to make sure, but came to the same conclusion as you.
    Last edited by Setsuna88; 01-20-2014, 05:22 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ancev
    replied
    are you sure about the pots/scrolls working if its not your character's attack type? i tried with my knight and iris, raising my character's matk had no effect (no matter if it came from pots,scrolls, astrals or whatever).
    And here I was being surprised about Jacko saying that some players think sylph awakened atack = m atack + p atack. And yet you think that boosting your m atack as a knight will increase Iris power.
    Your sylph will use your highest atack value and convert it into m atack or p atack depending on sylph.
    Example:
    Knight = highest atack value is p atack of course
    Iris = m atack type sylph
    Awakened Iris Knight= atacks deal magic damage , with power based on sylph magic power and knight physical power.

Leave a comment:

• Setsuna88
    replied
    are you sure about the pots/scrolls working if its not your character's attack type? i tried with my knight and iris, raising my character's matk had no effect (no matter if it came from pots,scrolls, astrals or whatever).

Leave a comment:

• DanteMugetsu
    replied
    jackos bottom line, are you going with fire or electric? i am really confused which one to pick based on china servers where noone has cerberus and most people have hercules

nice work and thx for sharing

Leave a comment:

• DannMassacre
    replied
    nice work.

Leave a comment:

• Jackos24
    replied
    Originally posted by FufuBunnySlayer View Post
    Based on the crit formula, a little over 9500 crit would mean 100% chance to crit in pve. I know we have some archers here who have above that value. Anyone with 9600 or higher crit ever miss a crit in nm Lych?

There may be a max Crit % that can be reached but at the moment with my crit value i'm at 75% crit. Tested on 10000+ mobs. As my Crit goes up i'll be updating it with more info, but with the info i have so far the formula works.

Leave a comment:

• FufuBunnySlayer
    replied
    Based on the crit formula, a little over 9500 crit would mean 100% chance to crit in pve. I know we have some archers here who have above that value. Anyone with 9600 or higher crit ever miss a crit in nm Lych?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X