Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are archers the new hot class post sylph era?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by S44-ZEREF View Post
    nah finding it IMPOSSIBLE to beat same br archers they crit heal too often,and true ga works but but but we would lose one astral slot again not very good,also yes amnesia work how many people have amnesia?or purge rune?well anyways archers right now have ALMOST EVERYTHING we cant do anything about it so its useles discusing about it
    Obviously your not level 80 (cause that extra astro spot really helps) and a lot of people have purge rune (Its not a very high cost). I do agree on amnesia, but i don't agree that archers are so OP that mages of the same BR have no chance against them. Game play / style still come into effect.

I've fought plenty of archers of the same BR and have won. i'd say a ratio of 60 / 40 or 70 / 30 for the win ratio.
    IGN: Jacko
    Server: Kabam S24
    Guild: Genesis
    Main Objective at the moment: Win Class Wars...

Comment

nah finding it IMPOSSIBLE to beat same br archers they crit heal too often,and true ga works but but but we would lose one astral slot again not very good,also yes amnesia work how many people have amnesia?or purge rune?well anyways archers right now have ALMOST EVERYTHING we cant do anything about it so its useles discusing about it
      An archer would have to spend money to even acquire Rain Daince.
      Soley basing your argument on ONE skill is absurd. You also act as if the person is critting everytime he/she uses the skill. Knights and Mages also have the same possibility of using Rain Dance WITH their passives adding bonus % healing.
      Saying a class is OP because of a specific circumstance is dumb. If anything, Rain Dance should consume 500 Awakening points.
      "… Stupid people do stupid things.
      Smart people outsmart each other.
      Then themselves! Then themselves! …"

CondorHero status: ██
      TheGuardingDark status: ██
      senadbasic status: ██
      oxykotton status: ██

Comment

OK, a question about EWD vs Crit build. Let's say a 100% crit chance char will do 50% more damage than a 50% EWD char. If the crit build only do it 50% of the time, then they are even. If not, then EWD should be better. Right?

Comment

archers crit nerfed??my crit is doing quite fine and now archers complain for nerfed crit :/ my archer has good crit as well low lvl thou ://...nah archers dont get all they just get crit heal and matk based crit sylph...with iris too many crit heals geting killed by 10k br lower archers cause of crit heals ^^,and then comes electricc increases dmg and crit % more crit more dmg! yeah knights are doomed by archers arent they?mages doomed by archers by their crit heals...cant see how archers arent the best class right now
          Stil can't agree:P cz they can either use iris or thunder sylph at once. You can either full heal or do more dmg. With guardian angel rising in popularity archers need sylphs more than other classes. With GA i can recieve less crits, meaning less dmg for me and less rage for archers.

Not saying they aren't the best, it all depends on duration of fights.
          Mages are good in short fights (PVP). Once 60 seconds has passed, any delphic from knight or archer toasts mages.
          Archers are good in medium timed fights. Can do well between first 120 secs, after that knights can delphic their butts off:P
          Knights do well after 60 secs busting those mages and archers:P

I do think archers are good now, but later when ppl switch to crit instead of ewd, they will become weaker since GA will be used and archers need sylphs to shine.
          I do have to agree that of all 3 classes archers can be used in many ways.

In the end, cashers win, no matter what class

Comment

Originally posted by fenrir67 View Post
            Stil can't agree:P cz they can either use iris or thunder sylph at once. You can either full heal or do more dmg. With guardian angel rising in popularity archers need sylphs more than other classes. With GA i can recieve less crits, meaning less dmg for me and less rage for archers.

Not saying they aren't the best, it all depends on duration of fights.
            Mages are good in short fights (PVP). Once 60 seconds has passed, any delphic from knight or archer toasts mages.
            Archers are good in medium timed fights. Can do well between first 120 secs, after that knights can delphic their butts off:P
            Knights do well after 60 secs busting those mages and archers:P

I do think archers are good now, but later when ppl switch to crit instead of ewd, they will become weaker since GA will be used and archers need sylphs to shine.
            I do have to agree that of all 3 classes archers can be used in many ways.

In the end, cashers win, no matter what class
            lol sorry brother don't agree with you on that "Mages are good in short fights (PVP). Once 60 seconds has passed, any delphic from knight or archer toasts mages." comment sylph form Delphics are just as strong.
            IGN: Jacko
            Server: Kabam S24
            Guild: Genesis
            Main Objective at the moment: Win Class Wars...

Comment

Originally posted by Wolverin3r View Post
              Archers always were the hot class in the game, they do really good damage and can tank when there is no knight around, however they weren't mages (fully, they still had bloodthirsty) but now it's quite a lol to see them do everything (and in the case of mages even better than the mages themselves).

If anyone didn't do a 4 archer run in lych nm or spire or tower there's no way to realize just how strong archers really are. It's not a requirement to run a 4 archer team but there's nothing archers can't do.

I just hope that the new sylphs will at least slightly balance things out, even though I really doubt it.

Oh and about the critical knights, with OP block and EDD, those things are getting nerfed in Wartune 2. EDD loses the QTE and block (besides the block penetration astral or whatever it is) will no longer heal 100% each time you block, it will be just 80%. And if I remember it right the first knight delphic gets a 34% dmg boost.
              Dude it's been explained countless times already. That those nerfs were wrong. Kat misread and misguided everyone about it. Knights EDD is't losing QTE. That i why you need to do research on your own and stop reading everything on the forum here. Especially by people who dislike knights.

Originally posted by Wolverin3r View Post
              Archers always were the hot class in the game, they do really good damage and can tank when there is no knight around, however they weren't mages (fully, they still had bloodthirsty) but now it's quite a lol to see them do everything (and in the case of mages even better than the mages themselves).

If anyone didn't do a 4 archer run in lych nm or spire or tower there's no way to realize just how strong archers really are. It's not a requirement to run a 4 archer team but there's nothing archers can't do.

I just hope that the new sylphs will at least slightly balance things out, even though I really doubt it.

Oh and about the critical knights, with OP block and EDD, those things are getting nerfed in Wartune 2. EDD loses the QTE and block (besides the block penetration astral or whatever it is) will no longer heal 100% each time you block, it will be just 80%. And if I remember it right the first knight delphic gets a 34% dmg boost.
              Read the whole thread not just the first post. That is why we get misguided info here and everyone gets confused. People thinking eletric sylph evolves into Dark one is another example. No one does research then jump into conclusions based off one post with out reading the whole thread. Look at page 2 here 2nd post to the bottom.

http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....artune-2/page2
              Last edited by EsmeWeatherwax; 01-21-2014, 03:53 AM. Reason: Merge double post

Comment

Originally posted by kattuktk View Post
                Seems like archers are gonna take over the role of mages as the dominant class after we get the new sylph update, we already know that archers get a lot of crit heals on iris allowing them to heal for more than 100k, now with the electric sylph being MATK and completely crit oriented it seems that archers are gonna take over the role of the most dominant class in PvE and PvP, I do agree that both knights and mages can go crit but archers have crit boosting skills and passives and their whole foundation is based on crit so they are the ones benefiting the most, what do you guys think?
                Mage with crit build and electric and hades/dark pet in 7road china, steamroll over anything that moves. While archers need 10k crit to be good. Mages with 6k+ crits in china arent too bad.

As for knights, for critical knights please visit s40, the legendary server of super critical knights.
                Five Sylphs for the Heros in wartune,
                Two for the Whales in their deep blue ocean,
                Three for Mortal Men doomed to die,
                One for the Big Whales on their dark throne
                In the Land of Wartune where the heroes lie.
                One sylph to crush them all, One sylph to kill mobs,
                One sylph to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
                In the Land of Wartune where the Moby duck lie."

Comment

Originally posted by Jackos24 View Post
                  lol sorry brother don't agree with you on that "Mages are good in short fights (PVP). Once 60 seconds has passed, any delphic from knight or archer toasts mages." comment sylph form Delphics are just as strong.
                  well if u think they good go in gb 1 vs 1...with no troops archer will brut+delph goodbye mage,while mage need 2 or 3 thunder which is slow skill,or 10 aoe on archer simply put archers do heavy dmg and squishy mages die fast and cant heal dmg archers do (u simply cant heal 90k+ Delphic)
                  Im 110 k br mage with no chaos amnesia Apollo or other casher stuff simply cant afford it(top mage on server)
                  Last edited by senadbasic; 01-20-2014, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by senadbasic View Post
                    well if u think they good go in gb 1 vs 1...with no troops archer will brut+delph goodbye mage,while mage need 2 or 3 thunder which is slow skill,or 10 aoe on archer simply put archers do heavy dmg and squishy mages die fast and cant heal dmg archers do (u simply cant heal 90k+ Delphic)
                    Im 110 k br mage with no chaos amnesia Apollo or other casher stuff simply cant afford it(top mage on server)
                    Unless u got 80k hp and 10k pdef, a knight wont 1-shot u as u explained withouth the timer dmg bonus.

Comment

I wonder why mage/knight use crit build.
                      Lets say strong toon do 20k norm dmg per hit. With max WD he will do 30k per hit aka for 10 hit = 300k dmg. Sam toon with Deter + crit astrals will do 20000 x 1.85 dmg (1.5 determ bonus x 1.25 crit hit bonus) = 37000k dmg per hit. But crit chance is around 60%, so 4 x 20k + 6 x 37k = 302k dmg in 10 hits.
                      so WD 50% 10 hits = 300k dmg and you got free astral slot + extra slot stat on items.
                      with Crit + Deter 10 hits = 302k dmg (used 2 astrals and crit stat on each item)

Did i calcualate it wrong ?

Comment

Originally posted by koevman View Post
                        Lets say strong toon do 20k norm dmg per hit. With max WD he will do 30k per hit aka for 10 hit = 300k dmg. Sam toon with Deter + crit astrals will do 20000 x 1.85 dmg (1.5 determ bonus x 1.25 crit hit bonus) = 37000k dmg per hit. But crit chance is around 60%, so 4 x 20k + 6 x 37k = 302k dmg in 10 hits.
                        so WD 50% 10 hits = 300k dmg and you got free astral slot + extra slot stat on items.
                        with Crit + Deter 10 hits = 302k dmg (used 2 astrals and crit stat on each item)

*Will Destroyer didnt affect heal (or not noticeable)
                        *Sometimes 1 big burst damage is more important than average damage
                        Last edited by ball0n; 01-20-2014, 12:44 PM.
                        Server: East Coast Server 300+
                        Class: Mage
                        Level: 70+
                        Battle Rating: 90+k
                        Honor: Lord Divine

Comment

Originally posted by koevman View Post

If someone have wd v10, calculate determi v10 to...not cheap v7
                          About why go for crit...
                          Why not? for fun,for more dmg, for fun again

_________

Crit Mage 80v
                          ~135k Br

_________

Comment

Originally posted by Littlelyseria View Post
                            Unless u got 80k hp and 10k pdef, a knight wont 1-shot u as u explained withouth the timer dmg bonus.
                            93k hp I got with 19600 pdef and its still near one shot kill from both knight and archer.its very big issue in gb where u have no troops ,while when u have its ussualy 2 or 3 turns before same happen

Comment

Originally posted by lillytvn4 View Post
                              Archers will become the strongest and knights will remain the weakest, mages will be in between imo
                              Knight some build it corretly nobody can beat knight. Them are OP

Say a Knight, a mage a Archer spend $10.000 and lvl 80

The knight will be the strongest one no one can beat knight.

Just use Reflection, Dodge, Godness hige block them go into shild with 20% HP recovery them recovery more hp that i can DPS.

am archer with 122k br in TOK Nm when R4GE is full geared can take like 5m to kill him at lvl 5 with help of Mage and Iris to heal me.

He beat me no doub i dont even make alot of damges one him. He recovery HP faster i make damges to him.

I use Warrior call pots scrolsl i have arount 140k when 1 or 2 of them has full geared am go full potted with WC has like 140k br team still take 3-4m to kil him.

But a knight some build it bad the knight will sucks.

Knight has to strong damges when them has 35k+ PATK, + alot of block and defens.

if i use Delpic his reflection works one round of the time its dtake to kill knight he problie kill me becouse of the reflection of the damges.
                              Last edited by dwmedia; 01-20-2014, 03:00 PM.
                              Character - Taggen
                              Server - S100 Goulpass Keep
                              Class - Archer
                              Battle Rating -2.4M BR
                              Slyph - Orange Electro, Light, Dark
                              Highest CW ranking - 26th

Comment

Originally posted by dwmedia View Post
                                Knight some build it corretly nobody can beat knight. Them are OP

Say a Knight, a mage a Archer spend $10.000 and lvl 80

The knight will be the strongest one no one can beat knight.
                                crit knights are op otherwise no

Comment

Working...
                                X