Announcement

Collapse

R2 LOGIN ISSUES

For recent R2 login issues, please log in through the website starting with "https": https://www.r2games.com. In addition, the bookmark of the saved URL may still contain the word "http", please change it to "https". If this does not work for you, please clear the cache and cookies to complete the most recent update, or try again with another browser. Thank you.
See more
See less

Question: Gaia vs Amazon Queen - why do ppl think Gaia is so great?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by kattuktk View Post
    You got some of that wrong..
    I thought I might get some of the info wrong somewhere. Thanks for rectifying, I'll be sure to edit it in the original post later on so ppl who will look at the list as a guide rather than a call for different opinions on the matter will at least get a bit more out of it then what they're getting right now. I don't agree with all your ideas:

    I seriously consider skill 4 better for Amazon since you deal full dmg to multiple enemies guaranteed, with Gaia you deal only 50% to enemies, and only if they're in the same row or column (chance to hit only 1 target).

    Saying you don't use the super Delphic skill often is something I don't understand, every time I transform I use it. Why wouldn't you use it once per transform? I didn't say that Amazon's delphic is much better than Gaia's. Amazon's D has slightly lower dmg with chance (not always, but sometimes) to hit a 2nd target, while in some cases there's just one enemy; spire, mpd bosses, single player pvp with troops dead. I'm saying all in all Delphic (which imo is a very important skill, especially if you don't have the funds to buy 2 extra skills) are fairly equal, and it doesn't give the advantage to Gaia (at least not by itself).


    Originally posted by R211971187 View Post
    good info but wrong analysis because se each slyph is good in different context hence ur comparison is good but not accurate . try to calculate when u in ga, in necro ,, in mpd , in spire , in CW maybe u will find it
    Well true different sylphs have different uses... right now Iris is healing queen, Apollo is the god of AoE dmg, Pan is... well... he is the only male for those that don't like to transform into a girl? Don't know any other good thing to say about Pan... it's alright but doesn't excel (decent patk AoE?). The sylphs Amazon and Gaia both seem to be very focused on heavy damage to less targets, imo Amazon seems to have a bit more AoE, and from what ppl are saying Gaia is the single target OHKO master.

    My point of this thread wasn't to tell you which of the two new sylphs is better, but to get different opinions about the two and to find out why so many are loving Gaia when the two seem fairly equal to me.

    As for the part about trying them out... the whole idea is to get as much info be4 heavily investing (mahra, sepulcrum and in lesser importance exp) in one of them.


    – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –

    The most common thing said about Gaia in this thread is that it does OHKO (I'm assuming you guys are talking about the Delpic there), but the actual dmg for Gaia's Delphic is nearly equal to Amazon's Delphic, except patk instead of matk and Gaia has one very good and one lame attack boost passive. About the crit boost, are we talking about Jupiter Blessing or not? Or is there some other bonus I don't know about? Jupiter Blessing gives more crit chance and 10% crit bonus on that OHKO Delphic, but Amazan's equivalant, Vulcan Blessing gives 20% more dmg for his Delphic, plus if you have crit on your toon you can still do crit for extra devastation. Doesn't that balance out in the end?
    I've heard float dmg mentioned, but I think we all know what float does; it can increase but also decrease damage. It's a double-edged sword, and I for one wouldn't waste a turn on a skill (and balens and a skillslot) to get float dmg increased. I'd rather use that turn and balens on a more useful skill...

    As far as evolved versions go, yes a sylph with a mixture of Patk and Matk sounds fantastic, but sceptical as I am, it makes me wonder about whether how good the patk moves are (high dmg or not?). Seriously I don't know much about half of the evolves: I've read about some in an article by ******'s and evolves have some very powerful moves, but some stuff just isn't included in that article (both Amazon and Gaia evolves). Does anyone know where we can find info on all the evolved sylphs?

    I like to point out that I'm not trying to sell ppl the Amazon sylph or anything like that. I just really wanna get my info straight since I've gone from light casher to non-casher after they merged our server with one 100+ server numbers older, so Mahra is a rare item for me which should be used most wisely...



    I think I read some guy earlier in this thread called all who didn't think ahead as far as the new sylphs or the evolves is a noob, but I find this very unjust. I've intentionally not read up on this on every dark corner of the internet (I did read up on basic stuff, just not specific stuff: it's actually because the specific data doesn't seem to match general statements about the sylphs that I've made this thread), I didn't check out every detail for several reasons:
    1. The info about unreleased content comes for a major part from various unofficial sources, and some are better than others, to say the least. You often see ppl posting on forums based on false information: I think yesterday I saw someone say Cerberus is the name of the dark sylph. I don't know where these ppl get their dubious info, but they're getting it somewhere. I don't wanna spend a lot of time on info that I'm not certain I can trust.
    2. Some info isn't easily found. Not everyone has the time and/or dedication to play on the Chinese servers just to learn stuff sooner, or spend long times on regular basis looking for information that might not exist.
    3. Aside from websites getting info wrong, even those that are correct are basing their info on the Chinese servers. I am not an expert here, but I don't find it completely unbelievable that in the Western servers they might change some stuff, either minor or major. Perhaps for better balance between the sylphs, or simply to earn more money from skill buying, who knows. All I'm saying it's better to compare the actual sylphs when they come out than reading up on predicted outcomes that could be changed.
    4. This might just be the kid inside of me, but if I would read up on all the new unreleased content, I'd probably really get sucked into it and the wait for the actual release would seem 10x longer.
    5. This might shock you, but there's not really a penalty if you don't jump on the new sylphs in day one but day three or even day seven. You'll have a disadvantage in exp perhaps, but imo that can be easily fixed, especially if you save up those exp scrolls you win from sylph arena every day. You know what does hurt? Getting a sylph immediately, feeding it lots of mahra and sepulcrum, and then realizing a different sylph would have been better for you. That's why it can be better to wait the first few days, and take some time deciding what is right for you. Especially low cashers and free players can't afford to waste mahra...
    I also hate it when ppl are quick to use the online-N-word (noobs), but that's a complete different discussion.

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by 0xykotton View Post
      dude I'm a knight and I find rd useless as hell. The dmg from rd is ****. It's only good at lower lvls up till ur like lvl 45. How the hell can u say that skill is useful? Everyone at higher lvls have 90k or higher hp. It will hardly make a dent its garbage and that is why no one uses it in the Chinese version
      It is like a blood rune that works the other way. One thing that makes it "not" a trash is that (1) it does increase damage after a minute timer, (2) it does not expire by a number of turns. It only expires when you are hit 10 times.

      Meaning, if you use RD, you have automatically made a damage of 10k (1000 x 10 hit), and with 50% increased damage, you have already made a damage of 15k (1500 x 10 hits)... If you battle one-on-one, which usually happens after 1 minute, there is already a 50% increased damage, the moment you use RD, you already deal 15k damage to the opponent... Using other knight skills like shadow thrasher will add damage to the 15k you already will do to the opponent.

      So I think this skill will still not be a trash skill until level 70, where at that point, you'll be able to assign skills points to other skills at high level, if you use the apollo shield route skill tree... And please, there are a LOOOOOT of level 70 players whose hp are below 80k, if you talk about cross-servers. There are a lot of new servers as well as beginners who do not know much about the game even though they played for a long time (or they just play with lesser time)..

      Another thing is China players are powerful... Not unlike the English players. So most China players will probably ignore using RD.. They would even ignore using Purification to remove the stun, cause they are so powerful they won't need it... In China, almost a lot of the skills become useless... But when it comes to this English servers, small things have their roles in the game. They are not useless (thought I'm not saying they are useful too)...

      And I just find it fun to defend the knight class from "some knight basher", by salvaging its 1 skill that looks useless (i.e., the RD). You might want to ignore the whole thing... Just play if you want. If you do not enjoy using RD, then do not use it.. Play to enjoy.

      And getting back to the topic, Gaia is not comparable to RD, cause RD is way too sucking compared to electric sylph.

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by triggerh View Post

        Saying you don't use the super Delphic skill often is something I don't understand, every time I transform I use it. Why wouldn't you use it once per transform? I didn't say that Amazon's delphic is much better than Gaia's. Amazon's D has slightly lower dmg with chance (not always, but sometimes) to hit a 2nd target, while in some cases there's just one enemy; spire, mpd bosses, single player pvp with troops dead. I'm saying all in all Delphic (which imo is a very important skill, especially if you don't have the funds to buy 2 extra skills) are fairly equal, and it doesn't give the advantage to Gaia (at least not by itself).
        Yes, I don't understand it either, cause he made himself inconsistent, in #6 he told that you don't always use super skills, then in the next statement (#1 of why Gaia is better), he just talked about Gaia's super being OHKO...??? Duh. He should realize that there is no point in talking about super skills (of either Gaia or Amazon Q), if he just said that you don't always use super skills.

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by Kingryan View Post
          Yes, so if you're an archer/knight, and you use Amazon Queen, then your patk will increase more, which will be devastating to mages.
          You do realize Amazon and Gaia give 5% ATK not PATK/MATK right? Whether you're a mage or an archer/knight using Gaia raises both your ATK stats, like in my case from Gaia I get a lot of patk and a smaller amount of matk.

          Comment


          • #50
            so in the end which should be used by knights? all this arguement has got me confused. we should just vote. and please, only votes from knights shall count.
            let me cart. find someone else to help you suicide

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by t8912 View Post
              so in the end which should be used by knights? all this arguement has got me confused. we should just vote. and please, only votes from knights shall count.
              If you care for CW, Gaia. If not up to you, though would go Gaia anyways.

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by Wraithraiser View Post
                If you care for CW, Gaia. If not up to you, though would go Gaia anyways.
                i am actually leaning towards gaia but the fact it is matk and i will definitely face mages in more than one occasions is what is causing my dillema. your thoughts on mage fights please?

                edit: also the def boosts i get from iris apart from its healing makes me wanna continue with it. so you can understand my confusion.
                Last edited by t8912; 01-23-2014, 08:27 AM.
                let me cart. find someone else to help you suicide

                Comment


                • #53
                  GAIA IS A 1VS1 SYLPH if you have apollo use it for GA
                  IF YOU ARE READING THIS THEN YOU ARE QUITE BORED



                  ∞GOOD VIBRATIONS∞

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Nice Post. But either way both of these sylphs are good. I think they are both well balanced for pvp and can be each of there skills can be countered by playing smart :P. ie, Scatter / Purification / Purge Rune. I wouldn't base your decision on strictly their skills but also your style of play and your current pvp skill set up.
                    IGN: Jacko
                    Server: Kabam S24
                    Guild: Genesis
                    Main Objective at the moment: Win Class Wars...





                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Gaia rock =)
                      *BloodyMark* (MoonstoneSwamp)
                      lvl 61
                      Class:Archer
                      Guild:Valor
                      Battle rating:40k.
                      Title:Mortal Blow,Sylph warior,Spelunker.
                      Sylphs:AmazonQueen,Iris,Gaia-top 10



                      He who laughs last,thinks slowest! !

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by Jackos24 View Post
                        Nice Post. But either way both of these sylphs are good. I think they are both well balanced for pvp and can be each of there skills can be countered by playing smart :P. ie, Scatter / Purification / Purge Rune. I wouldn't base your decision on strictly their skills but also your style of play and your current pvp skill set up.
                        lot of greater players than you from europe servers get fully naked everyday and you think that if you'll take off your astrals the tok nm will be too easy.Do you think you spent too much?even zebq was getting naked...I can't understand how Genesis let you be their G.M,probably because you;re strong,cuz i heard lot of guildies complaining about you
                        Server: Kabam 17
                        Player name: Dwarf
                        Player level: 80
                        Player class: Knight
                        Honor title: Imperial Mythic Something
                        Battle rating: 615k
                        Guild name: LoonyToons

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by danotz View Post
                          lot of greater players than you from europe servers get fully naked everyday and you think that if you'll take off your astrals the tok nm will be too easy.Do you think you spent too much?even zebq was getting naked...I can't understand how Genesis let you be their G.M,probably because you;re strong,cuz i heard lot of guildies complaining about you
                          zebq never got naked

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Gaia better! :3
                            *BloodyMark* (MoonstoneSwamp)
                            lvl 61
                            Class:Archer
                            Guild:Valor
                            Battle rating:40k.
                            Title:Mortal Blow,Sylph warior,Spelunker.
                            Sylphs:AmazonQueen,Iris,Gaia-top 10



                            He who laughs last,thinks slowest! !

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              thread starter i get your point but it is INDEED true that for OHKO, gaia win amazon outright , dun underestimate 470% vs 440% at higher lvls and BR that meant a lot.
                              as to my idea of going to different contexts to calculate, well u will see that 1vs 1 case matter more
                              which explain why gaia is much more popular , in future with other themes such as solo boss in sky of bridge etc , gaia simply becomes more useful.
                              this is not to say amazon is not good afterall, when lv 70 evolution comes with their epic skills, things may change but for now and the next few month, gaia simply owns because of its wide application.
                              S204 royal basin (Oceanic Server)
                              IGN : Neggy

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by Kingryan View Post
                                It is like a blood rune that works the other way. One thing that makes it "not" a trash is that (1) it does increase damage after a minute timer, (2) it does not expire by a number of turns. It only expires when you are hit 10 times.

                                Meaning, if you use RD, you have automatically made a damage of 10k (1000 x 10 hit), and with 50% increased damage, you have already made a damage of 15k (1500 x 10 hits)... If you battle one-on-one, which usually happens after 1 minute, there is already a 50% increased damage, the moment you use RD, you already deal 15k damage to the opponent... Using other knight skills like shadow thrasher will add damage to the 15k you already will do to the opponent.

                                So I think this skill will still not be a trash skill until level 70, where at that point, you'll be able to assign skills points to other skills at high level, if you use the apollo shield route skill tree... And please, there are a LOOOOOT of level 70 players whose hp are below 80k, if you talk about cross-servers. There are a lot of new servers as well as beginners who do not know much about the game even though they played for a long time (or they just play with lesser time)..

                                Another thing is China players are powerful... Not unlike the English players. So most China players will probably ignore using RD.. They would even ignore using Purification to remove the stun, cause they are so powerful they won't need it... In China, almost a lot of the skills become useless... But when it comes to this English servers, small things have their roles in the game. They are not useless (thought I'm not saying they are useful too)...

                                And I just find it fun to defend the knight class from "some knight basher", by salvaging its 1 skill that looks useless (i.e., the RD). You might want to ignore the whole thing... Just play if you want. If you do not enjoy using RD, then do not use it.. Play to enjoy.

                                And getting back to the topic, Gaia is not comparable to RD, cause RD is way too sucking compared to electric sylph.
                                I don't like kat either on most of the stuff he says but there are few points that are good and his viewpoint on RD is correct. It doesn't matter if it's a guaranteed 10k dmg after the 10 turns it's still 1k per turn which is ****. Even after 50% or even after the 100% it's garbage. it only be somewhat worthwhle if you somehow make it to the 200% mark which in cw you can't even reach that far since the match ends at the 100% timer. RD and blood rune are far different. You can upgrade blood rune so it actually does massive dmg. Whereas RD is a fixed amount return which is garbage. If it was a % dmg reflect like the deflection astral then it be worth to take up. That is whyif you want reflection you take up deflection astral and not waste your skills for RD. Not only you have more slots of more important skills but you be doing massive dmg with the astral.

                                Now to talk about Gaia the reason why it's awesome for the knight class to pick up is the passive boost and bc it's matk based. With crit knights you can guarentee over 120k dmg to another knight or archer with it's delph. With ewd you still do pretty massive dmg as well. Not to mention it has an amesia type skill and very helpful in pve aspect of the game. Lastly, if all the Chinese players are using Gaia and hades(dark one) then that must tell you something right? Obviously, they know better than we do and understand which sylphs to use. Each has there pros and cons but for a knight you rather choose a matk based sylph. Either apollo, iris, or gaia just bc you be facing knights in CW and they are strong against archers. You can't beat mages anyway and you are not suppose to be beat mages. Not sure why people think that one class should rule all the rest in the game. If you are facing a strong mage even with a patk sylph you most likely will lose still. So your best bet is get something that can handle 2 out of the 3 classes and try to run away from mages.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X