Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Question: Gaia vs Amazon Queen - why do ppl think Gaia is so great?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kattuktk View Post
    6) Gaia's evolution is the "only" sylph which deals both MATK and PATK
    If that is true than i dont doubt choosing Gaia over Amazon.

I have to admit i had my doubts with choosing the sylph but if this is true than its pretty obvious choice. As a very casual casher i cannot afford to have more than 1 really strong sylph. Considering you need over 2k mahra to get it to purple (which u need for evolution of the sylph) its simply not possible to have more purple's.

At least not now with the current mahra you can "freely" obtain

Comment

Atm, I only choose gaia for WB, for anything else, I use my apollo/Iris .

I've said it before, Gaia is overhyped because of the massive usage on the chinese servers.
      It does good damage but by the time you get it to do massive damage my apollo does or have the benefit Apollo gives in HP, you'll be wasting so much time/mahra/sepulcrum, it's best for me to stick with apollo for now.

(Unless you're a heavy casher and can actually afford building up Gaia to purple from day 1, which 99.9 percent of the players can't)
      Last edited by IggyBousse; 01-23-2014, 01:11 AM.
      Player Class: Archer
      Battle Rating : 162k+

^ Manly purple!

Comment

Simple fact, 2/3 classes have lower mdef than pdf so gaia will make more dmg.
        Same thing with aoe aQ - usless when we come to fight after troops die

_________

Crit Mage 80v
        ~135k Br

_________

Comment

noncasher prioritizing mpds would go for iris.

but if you were to choose between the 2, i still dunno. Need more numbers on Amazon skills

Comment

Originally posted by IggyBousse View Post

I've said it before, Gaia is overhyped because of the massive usage on the chinese servers.
            It does good damage but by the time you get it to do massive damage my apollo does or have the benefit Apollo gives in HP, you'll be wasting so much time/mahra/sepulcrum, it's best for me to stick with apollo for now.

(Unless you're a heavy casher and can actually afford building up Gaia to purple from day 1, which 99.9 percent of the players can't)
            So you're saying that a cash sylph is better then a free sylph ,that makes sense.
            IGN: AncientEvil
            Server: EU-271+merged
            Class: Archer
            Getting less Evil and more Ancient every day.

Comment

Originally posted by ancev View Post
              So you're saying that a cash sylph is better then a free sylph ,that makes sense.
              I was talking about my own Apollo, Iris for example would be the same, you put too much time and effort in a sylph already, for most non/light cashers to suddenly switch to Gaia will be painful.
              Also Iris can negate the damage Gaia will do, I think for non/light cashers right now, Gaia is best used in PvE as a side sylph (things like world boss and spire).

^ Manly purple!

Comment

I was talking about my own Apollo, Iris for example would be the same, you put too much time and effort in a sylph already, for most non/light cashers to suddenly switch to Gaia will be painful.
                Also Iris can negate the damage Gaia will do, I think for non/light cashers right now, Gaia is best used in PvE as a side sylph (things like world boss and spire).
                iris have problems even with negating apollo's damage... against electro...ummm... she'll have to wait for the guardian system for a chance :P

Comment

Originally posted by Draggyy View Post
                  iris have problems even with negating apollo's damage... against electro...ummm... she'll have to wait for the guardian system for a chance :P
                  Not for archers she doesn't (or any crit build).

^ Manly purple!

Comment

Chances are, bulk of the time you'll be meeting cashers in arena so negating dmg done by Gaia is practically near impossible since you'd need to crit on iris rain dance itself to do so. But against a similar cashed gaia, the crit boosts alone will guarantee the amt of dmg dealt is more than ur teammate/urself max hp. How are you going to negate the dmg if the player is dead? Even with the guardian system, it'll be very difficult to heal the dmg since guardian system only adds resistance which is similar to goddess blessing but depending on your resist value, the % of dmg reduction increases (I'm quite sure it is not a 1 : 1 ratio but as I don't have it on my char in chinese server yet I can't confirm this) so while the dmg might not be over the max hp of other players constantly, it'll still be near max hp. Unless your iris already can heal more than 100k with crit I highly doubt it'll be negating any dmg anytime soon.
                    IGN: Athena
                    Guild: Warriors
                    Server: S5 - Roaring Wetlands
                    Difficulty Level: Noob
                    BR: 176k / 180k (with block and hp astral instead of illusion and deflect =P)

Comment

Not for archers she doesn't (or any crit build).
                      guess it depends on the strength of the opponent, higher the opponents br , the less iris can do. But maybe i watch to many of jackos videos where iris crit heal for max hp, and he 1 hit them. Yes I know that he has a 5 purple apollo or even more now but probably a 1 star purple electro can do the same damage as his apollo

Comment

Originally posted by bakuryuuha View Post
                        Chances are, bulk of the time you'll be meeting cashers in arena so negating dmg done by Gaia is practically near impossible since you'd need to crit on iris rain dance itself to do so. But against a similar cashed gaia, the crit boosts alone will guarantee the amt of dmg dealt is more than ur teammate/urself max hp. How are you going to negate the dmg if the player is dead? Even with the guardian system, it'll be very difficult to heal the dmg since guardian system only adds resistance which is similar to goddess blessing but depending on your resist value, the % of dmg reduction increases (I'm quite sure it is not a 1 : 1 ratio but as I don't have it on my char in chinese server yet I can't confirm this) so while the dmg might not be over the max hp of other players constantly, it'll still be near max hp. Unless your iris already can heal more than 100k with crit I highly doubt it'll be negating any dmg anytime soon.
                        For non/light cashers to get to a point where your Gaia will be similar to your Iris will take ages. That's what I'm talking about.
                        For you that's 5 minutes of cashing, not for them.

Originally posted by Draggyy View Post
                        guess it depends on the strength of the opponent, higher the opponents br , the less iris can do. But maybe i watch to many of jackos videos where iris crit heal for max hp, and he 1 hit them. Yes I know that he has a 5 purple apollo or even more now but probably a 1 star purple electro can do the same damage as his apollo
                        How many non/light cashers have a sylph higher than blue 2/3 stars? Purple isn't even the issue here lol.
                        I'm not talking about the ones who are able to go purple, I'm talking about most of the playerbase, who can't get there easily.
                        Last edited by IggyBousse; 01-23-2014, 02:22 AM.

^ Manly purple!

Comment

Dunno what you're talking about, Gaia delphic >>> Apollo delphic easily, same as other skills, Apollo has AoE, but Gaia one shots so much easier.

Tested out my apollo 1 star purple almost 24k br against a 106k br archer 18k mdef @50% the delphic hits for 80k average, while Gaia would do 100k average and 140-150k with unstable voltage active. My gaia is only 3 star blue and 0 sep enchants, 11k br. While apollo heavily enchanted, and the difference is clear as day.

Comment

Considering that the discussion about new sylphs has been going on for more then a month now, whoever was not prepared for the new sylphs is a noob. Noobs will never be competitive unless they cash big, that's why there are so much whining threads.
                            And speaking of planning ahead, I don't get it why people think so limited. We will have upgraded versions of these sylphs, and the upgraded version of Gaia (Hercules) is what 90% of chinese players have. And since upgrading a sylph to stage 2 requires a stage 1 purple or higher, when the upgraded forms will be released I suspect a new wave of whining threads coming up.
                            Of course if you can cash for Apollo or Hades , they will always be in an advantage, both for PVP and sylph arena, but for average Joe a good free sylph is essential.
                            IGN: AncientEvil
                            Server: EU-271+merged
                            Getting less Evil and more Ancient every day.

Comment

Originally posted by MagicAslan View Post
                              So Amazon is better then gaia?
                              For mages and EWD knights, yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by ZSleepingDragonZ View Post
                                For mages and EWD knights, yeah.
                                Incorrect.

lv10 WD and Gaia here. Damage is far from small, there's only one skill that boosts crit, you get some boost from it sure, but no reason not to get Gaia just because you have WD. Knights should get Gaia most definitely.

Comment

Working...
                                X