Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Question: Gaia vs Amazon Queen - why do ppl think Gaia is so great?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AnataOFAkku View Post
    Simple fact, 2/3 classes have lower mdef than pdf so gaia will make more dmg.
    Same thing with aoe aQ - usless when we come to fight after troops die
    Ummm...no, a lot of archers (me included) have similar pdef and mdef since the sylph was introduced because almost everyone is using mattack sylphs.
    Last edited by ZSleepingDragonZ; 01-23-2014, 02:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by IggyBousse View Post

How many non/light cashers have a sylph higher than blue 2/3 stars? Purple isn't even the issue here lol.
      I'm not talking about the ones who are able to go purple, I'm talking about most of the playerbase, who can't get there easily.
      Well for those who didn't rush to have an early advantage and spent the mahra already this can be possible soon. I have 394 mahra atm, and 1.5 k whips. If there is an unlimited whips event I shall get a lot of mahra, I'll even skip the mount. I consider myself a light casher and I haven't bought attempts in jewelhunt, or used the cash in any means to get extra whips so those whips are not so hard obtainable if you saved a lot of soul crystals last time....As a light casher I am hoping for a 5 star eve during the whip event

Comment

Originally posted by Wraithraiser View Post
        Dunno what you're talking about, Gaia delphic >>> Apollo delphic easily, same as other skills, Apollo has AoE, but Gaia one shots so much easier.

Tested out my apollo 1 star purple almost 24k br against a 106k br archer 18k mdef @50% the delphic hits for 80k average, while Gaia would do 100k average and 140-150k with unstable voltage active. My gaia is only 3 star blue and 0 sep enchants, 11k br. While apollo heavily enchanted, and the difference is clear as day.
        In the long run, I agree, but the HP my Apollo gives now negates the damage Gaia does compared to my Apollo. Not to mention suddenly swapping over to Gaia will gimp my sylph arena battles (if you give her the sepulcrums now).
        And getting 50-100 sepulcrums weekly is a big boost to your sylphs. I focus alot on sylph arena next to PvP because I like the rewards.

My Gaia is now almost 2 stars blue (event gave me 250 mahra), and I have 15k less hp from her that I have from my purple 1 star Apollo.
        Now factor in a pvp/pve battle isn't all about sylph exclusively, I'd like some survival options.
        In order to get my Gaia to a point where she's as useful as my Apollo in ALL aspects, I would either have to cash hard or wait for months to get to that point.

If I suddenly decided to ignore my apollo and focus on Gaia, I'd gimp myself, plain as day. For non/light cashers they'll have the same issue with their Iris for example.
        And those talking about saving is a bit of a dumb thing to do, saving is great yes, but not for this, the amount you lost on previous awards just because you saved for Gaia will be immense.

And btw, I been a light casher since the new year, didn't even buy the dragon clothing. So yeh, I take what I can get atm.

And with the resistances coming up, I hope 90 percent of the people have Gaia .
        Last edited by IggyBousse; 01-23-2014, 02:51 AM.
        Player Class: Archer
        Battle Rating : 162k+

^ Manly purple!

Comment

Well unless you have 200k HP you'd probably still get one shot @50% damage timer. I'm 3rd in my server's sylph arena and even with a dozen other purple apollo's at my rear end you have to think about the big picture, if a little gaia can do as much and more dmg as a big apollo (blue vs purple) then a big gaia (purple) should logically do a lot more, and if you get a purple gaia and purple apollo in sylph arena you should win more anyways unless you get outcashed, but if that happens you'd lose out anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by kattuktk View Post
            Bro the sylph's highest attack stat gets added to the player's highest attack stat...
            Yes, so if you're an archer/knight, and you use Amazon Queen, then your patk will increase more, which will be devastating to mages.

Originally posted by kattuktk View Post
            You got some of that wrong..
            2) Fire sylph's attack reduces 64% of damage's HP, it's the same effect as arrow poison i think which is the most worthless skill after reverse damage.
            3) Gaia's attack works in PvE too, only sylph skills are not effected
            4) If there's only one enemy in the column then he takes that extra 50%, which is a lot.
            6) Yes amazon's skill is better but how often do you use the super skill, let alone a sylph's super?? not many times I would imagine, so picking up amazon just because it "might" hit a second player with it's super is not a good idea imo, we would have to look at how many times it triggers.
            Ok so with that I will tell you why people think Gaia is a better investment..
            1) First of all, both these sylphs are supposed to be damage dealers, Gaia's super when used with floating damage increase kills any knight or archer around your BR, it is a dream sylph in that you can be guaranteed a OHKO with it's super especially at the 50% timer. I have seen an arch OHKOing a very close BR knight, she did close to 120k damage with floating damage increase and 50%.
            2) Gaia supports crit which is what all classes will eventually be.
            3) Gaia does MATK damage so as a knight( it's also true for archers) you have to pick it just for the sake of coverage.
            4) Gaia works like a charm in PvE. almost every event of PvE is single target only.
            5) Amazon queen has aoe attack but it is weak, with a damaging sylph I would much rather have a OHKO with the super than hitting everyone with medium damage only to have mages heal it later on.
            6) Gaia's evolution is the "only" sylph which deals both MATK and PATK, it is the most used sylph in CN version and it is only obtainable from a well grown gaia.
            Gaia is a better investment for the future, right now it may seem that it's not that much better, but in future it will have a monstrous potential, I have seen that myself and would suggest anyone to pick up gaia. If you want to keep playing after 2 months then it's probably a better investement of your mahras and exp than amazon.
            2. If your damage is 10k, then 64% of that is 6400, multiplied by 3 which is 19200, which is already a lot. Generalizing, you will deal 192% extra damage if it procs. (Which is better than a floating damage that although is strengthens your weak attacks, it weakens your strong attacks, duh)... Is Poison Arrow technique really useless? And for the Reverse Damage, if you activate it, you are already sure to deal a total of 10k damage. In 50%, if you activate RD, you will automatically deal 15k damage if you are stunned for 10 rounds after casting RD... At 20 minutes, you'll deal 100k damage with RD, even if you are stunned forever after casting it. (idea from CondorHero). If there is a skill which is useless, I'll say it would be the Delphic Hell Thunder of mage, which a very few mage player gets.. :P
            3. If the sylph's skills are not affected, then Gaia's skill becomes useless in pvp. Duh.
            4. Wow! Gaia's cool after all!!! But I like hotter better!! Amazon will deal a same damage to 2-3 targets, which is hotter than just 50% to other targets.
            6. Duh. You say "How often do you use the super skill.." when in your next statement, you are taking about Gaia's super (see statement #1 under "Gaia is a better statement)... Duh...

1. Duh. Now, after a lot of people saying the Ruthlessness astral is very useless, here comes the sylph who save that astral!!!! Everyone should now use Enhanced Ruthlessness astral... Anyways, since the damage formula of Amazon Queen's super is close to Gaia's, then it will also do almost near damage as of Gaia's super. The advantage of AQ is that it can hit another player with that "almost same damage of Gaia's super". Amazon Queen is very hot.
            2. Gaia supports crit if you are a casher, cause you can buy their crit skills. Well, there are a lot of casher players in Wartune than free players now, right?
            3. Duh. Archers's defenses are almost balanced, the difference of mdef and pdef is not so great, assuming all things are equal (in astrals and gems)... if you are fighting an archer, using Amazon Queen would be also good, since it can hit more than 1 target, and can hit archers hard like Gaia's matk damage.
            4. Amazon Queen looks hotter than Gaia... In pvp it works like charm, where most pvp are more than 1 target. :P
            5. Then don't buy it. There are other 6 active skills to choose from.
            6. China prizes are very cheap, and all of them can buy the skills... What about here where there are many free players? Oh, I forgot there are a lot of cashers here now, cause many are having jobs now and the economy right now is improving..

Conclusion:
            1. Go get your own Gaia!!! It is not a waste to spend mahra and sepulcrum on it. Really. Promise.
            2. Never waste your time farming for fire essence (unless it is a circuit quest), cause Amazon Queen will burn you.
            3. Invest all your time and money in this game, so in future, you will be successful in Wartune even though you are buried in debt.
            4. I have saw the future, and have seen nothing at all... Which means, the world will end in future... Time to spend more time and money in this game before the world ends, so you will have something to boast when you go afterlife.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingryan View Post
              Yes, so if you're an archer/knight, and you use Amazon Queen, then your patk will increase more, which will be devastating to mages.

2. If your damage is 10k, then 64% of that is 6400, multiplied by 3 which is 19200, which is already a lot. Generalizing, you will deal 192% extra damage if it procs. (Which is better than a floating damage that although is strengthens your weak attacks, it weakens your strong attacks, duh)... Is Poison Arrow technique really useless? And for the Reverse Damage, if you activate it, you are already sure to deal a total of 10k damage. In 50%, if you activate RD, you will automatically deal 15k damage if you are stunned for 10 rounds after casting RD... At 20 minutes, you'll deal 100k damage with RD, even if you are stunned forever after casting it. (idea from CondorHero). If there is a skill which is useless, I'll say it would be the Delphic Hell Thunder of mage, which a very few mage player gets.. :P
              3. If the sylph's skills are not affected, then Gaia's skill becomes useless in pvp. Duh.
              4. Wow! Gaia's cool after all!!! But I like hotter better!! Amazon will deal a same damage to 2-3 targets, which is hotter than just 50% to other targets.
              6. Duh. You say "How often do you use the super skill.." when in your next statement, you are taking about Gaia's super (see statement #1 under "Gaia is a better statement)... Duh...

1. Duh. Now, after a lot of people saying the Ruthlessness astral is very useless, here comes the sylph who save that astral!!!! Everyone should now use Enhanced Ruthlessness astral... Anyways, since the damage formula of Amazon Queen's super is close to Gaia's, then it will also do almost near damage as of Gaia's super. The advantage of AQ is that it can hit another player with that "almost same damage of Gaia's super". Amazon Queen is very hot.
              2. Gaia supports crit if you are a casher, cause you can buy their crit skills. Well, there are a lot of casher players in Wartune than free players now, right?
              3. Duh. Archers's defenses are almost balanced, the difference of mdef and pdef is not so great, assuming all things are equal (in astrals and gems)... if you are fighting an archer, using Amazon Queen would be also good, since it can hit more than 1 target, and can hit archers hard like Gaia's matk damage.
              4. Amazon Queen looks hotter than Gaia... In pvp it works like charm, where most pvp are more than 1 target. :P
              5. Then don't buy it. There are other 6 active skills to choose from.
              6. China prizes are very cheap, and all of them can buy the skills... What about here where there are many free players? Oh, I forgot there are a lot of cashers here now, cause many are having jobs now and the economy right now is improving..

Conclusion:
              1. Go get your own Gaia!!! It is not a waste to spend mahra and sepulcrum on it. Really. Promise.
              2. Never waste your time farming for fire essence (unless it is a circuit quest), cause Amazon Queen will burn you.
              3. Invest all your time and money in this game, so in future, you will be successful in Wartune even though you are buried in debt.
              4. I have saw the future, and have seen nothing at all... Which means, the world will end in future... Time to spend more time and money in this game before the world ends, so you will have something to boast when you go afterlife.
              dude I'm a knight and I find rd useless as hell. The dmg from rd is ****. It's only good at lower lvls up till ur like lvl 45. How the hell can u say that skill is useful? Everyone at higher lvls have 90k or higher hp. It will hardly make a dent its garbage and that is why no one uses it in the Chinese version

Comment

Gaia has stackable 5% dmg increase for 2 turns every time you are attacked (max 50% dmg)
                it is this passive that makes Gaia better then amazon imo. As said before, rest of the skills is pretty equal.

Comment

Originally posted by capkop View Post
                  it is this passive that makes Gaia better then amazon imo. As said before, rest of the skills is pretty equal.
                  That passive doesn't exist, your ATK increases by 5 percent everytime you attack is the correct passive.

^ Manly purple!

Comment

Originally posted by IggyBousse View Post
                    That passive doesn't exist, your ATK increases by 5 percent everytime you attack is the correct passive.
                    ITS +5% every time you get attacked.
                    Server: East Coast Server 300+
                    Class: Mage
                    Level: 70+
                    Battle Rating: 90+k
                    Honor: Lord Divine

Comment

Originally posted by ball0n View Post
                      ITS +5% every time you get attacked.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	1680029

What does it say here?

^ Manly purple!

Comment

I have the skill, and it increase +5% everytime i got attacked.
                        Server: East Coast Server 300+
                        Class: Mage
                        Level: 70+
                        Battle Rating: 90+k
                        Honor: Lord Divine

Comment

Then the description is wrong, which is nice actually, making gaia a bit overpowered lol.

^ Manly purple!

Comment

good info but wrong analysis because se each slyph is good in different context hence ur comparison is good but not accurate . try to calculate when u in ga, in necro ,, in mpd , in spire , in CW maybe u will find it
                            S204 royal basin (Oceanic Server)
                            IGN : Neggy

Comment

the buff only available when ure in sylph form.

Comment

Hi I Sylph Iris how do I change it to another character
                                I think where it does and how?

Comment

Working...
                                X