Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question: Gaia vs Amazon Queen - why do ppl think Gaia is so great?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floating damage has always been in the game, lol. Ruthlessness is **** because it decreases and increases your already existing floating damage. I think the normal is 90-110% or something like that, and when you add in uselessness your floating damage gets a new min and max. You could get lucky and have a run full of maximum damage, but chances are you won't, and in the end you'll do the exact same amount of damage if its say WB where you do several runs, or MPD.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingryan View Post
      Yes, so if you're an archer/knight, and you use Amazon Queen, then your patk will increase more, which will be devastating to mages.

2. If your damage is 10k, then 64% of that is 6400, multiplied by 3 which is 19200, which is already a lot. Generalizing, you will deal 192% extra damage if it procs. (Which is better than a floating damage that although is strengthens your weak attacks, it weakens your strong attacks, duh)... Is Poison Arrow technique really useless? And for the Reverse Damage, if you activate it, you are already sure to deal a total of 10k damage. In 50%, if you activate RD, you will automatically deal 15k damage if you are stunned for 10 rounds after casting RD... At 20 minutes, you'll deal 100k damage with RD, even if you are stunned forever after casting it. (idea from CondorHero). If there is a skill which is useless, I'll say it would be the Delphic Hell Thunder of mage, which a very few mage player gets.. :P
      3. If the sylph's skills are not affected, then Gaia's skill becomes useless in pvp. Duh.
      4. Wow! Gaia's cool after all!!! But I like hotter better!! Amazon will deal a same damage to 2-3 targets, which is hotter than just 50% to other targets.
      6. Duh. You say "How often do you use the super skill.." when in your next statement, you are taking about Gaia's super (see statement #1 under "Gaia is a better statement)... Duh...

1. Duh. Now, after a lot of people saying the Ruthlessness astral is very useless, here comes the sylph who save that astral!!!! Everyone should now use Enhanced Ruthlessness astral... Anyways, since the damage formula of Amazon Queen's super is close to Gaia's, then it will also do almost near damage as of Gaia's super. The advantage of AQ is that it can hit another player with that "almost same damage of Gaia's super". Amazon Queen is very hot.
      2. Gaia supports crit if you are a casher, cause you can buy their crit skills. Well, there are a lot of casher players in Wartune than free players now, right?
      3. Duh. Archers's defenses are almost balanced, the difference of mdef and pdef is not so great, assuming all things are equal (in astrals and gems)... if you are fighting an archer, using Amazon Queen would be also good, since it can hit more than 1 target, and can hit archers hard like Gaia's matk damage.
      4. Amazon Queen looks hotter than Gaia... In pvp it works like charm, where most pvp are more than 1 target. :P
      5. Then don't buy it. There are other 6 active skills to choose from.
      6. China prizes are very cheap, and all of them can buy the skills... What about here where there are many free players? Oh, I forgot there are a lot of cashers here now, cause many are having jobs now and the economy right now is improving..

Conclusion:
      1. Go get your own Gaia!!! It is not a waste to spend mahra and sepulcrum on it. Really. Promise.
      2. Never waste your time farming for fire essence (unless it is a circuit quest), cause Amazon Queen will burn you.
      3. Invest all your time and money in this game, so in future, you will be successful in Wartune even though you are buried in debt.
      4. I have saw the future, and have seen nothing at all... Which means, the world will end in future... Time to spend more time and money in this game before the world ends, so you will have something to boast when you go afterlife.
      Failed troll attempt it seems -.-

Comment

Originally posted by kattuktk View Post
        Failed troll attempt it seems -.-
        Better to try and fail, than not to try at all. :P

Comment

As for me, a pure tank knight ( no atk gems at all - i do fine by the way ) i choose amazon queen. Gaia is nice, but i think mostly you should choose what benefits your play style.
          Big damage is a non existant thing for me anyway, gaia wouldnt benefit me much at all. While amazon does due her bleed skills.

Time will actually show how this turns out against damage dealer play styles ( might have a hard time i must admit ). But with the later guardian system i think the bleed benefits me more later on. And i want cerebus later, little cute doggy, although we dont know his skills yet.

Thumbs up for amazon for me if your a pure tank ( think i am the only one my server, shows how unpopular it is, but i like it ). Many might / will disagree with me here and on my play style, but do what you want and enjoy. If you make a mistake, its not the end of the world.
          Last edited by Argonias; 01-23-2014, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MolochMage View Post
            Well, I can tell you my simple reason for choosing Gaia.

In World Boss, my damage per round with level 20 inspiration is around 80-85k gold non-sylph.

With my Apollo 1 star blue, it's around 90-95k.

With my Gaia 2 star blue, I make 140-150k.
            That's because Gaia has a passive that gives +5% attack, while Apollo gives +5% mdef.

Amazon Queen's passive also gives +5% attack, and here we're comparing Amazon Queen vs. Gaia.

Comment

The second reply hit the nail on the head.

Knights have more pdef than mdef. Archers, ever since class wars were implemented, tend to have more pdef than mdef. Mages have more mdef than pdef. Therefore (for class wars purposes), knights and archers should choose a slyph that does matk damage and mages should choose a slyph that does patk damage; that means knights and archers would prefer Gaia, and mages would prefer Amazon Queen out of the two new slyphs.

An oversimplification, but that means approximately 2/3 of the playerbase should prefer Gaia, which is why it gets favoritism in the forums. On top of that, Gaia has the strongest attack in the game combined with a damage stacking passive, meaning it has the greatest burst damage of any slyph (which is most useful in spire) as well as quite high dps (which is useful in necro and world boss). While Amazon Queen also has a powerful delphic and good dps, it is not the highest. I doubt many mages will pick up a Gaia just for spire until after they have squared away the slyph they plan to use in class wars.

Comment

personally i still like iris, and once i reach my 7k crit goal, ill love it...and when we can increase our defences towards certain elements.....oh happy day

Comment

Originally posted by FufuBunnySlayer;793465 While Amazon Queen also has a powerful delphic and good dps, it is not the [B
                  highest[/B].
                  Gaia has the highest damage of delphic, but it only hits 1 enemy. The damage of Amazon Queen's delphic is close to Gaia's, and it can hit another target... Duh. So Amazon Q pars up with Gaia in terms of delphic. Duh. Again.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingryan View Post
                    Yes, so if you're an archer/knight, and you use Amazon Queen, then your patk will increase more, which will be devastating to mages.
                    ***? did you not understand whatever i said?.. ok the formula works like this..
                    Attack of the sylph = ((your highest attack stat) + (sylph's highest attack stat) - Defense ) / 2.
                    the type of damage is dependant on the skill which you are using..
                    I hope it's clear now.
                    Plus your points about world ending or some **** was pointless, if 80% in CN version (not only top cashers, everybody included) are using electric sylph ahead of dark and apollo(both being cash sylphs) then electric sylph might be something right?? NO ONE that I have seen in any ranking across all servers has an amazon or a cereberus, 80% of people in current server and more than 65% in cross server have hercules, doesnt that say something?? those people have had the sylphs for ages now and they know better than us, so if they are using electric in such a large number and not using fire at all then it must mean something right??
                    Last edited by kattuktk; 01-24-2014, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Btw what stats main char gains with those two slyphs? Pan +5% hp iris 3% mdef and pdef, what they give?

Comment

+5% attack
                        That's for both of them.
                        GandalfGrey
                        Miniclip Server 2
                        Level 80
                        Battle rating: 197k
                        Imperial Commander

Comment

Ok understand the power of gaia sylph on a 1 vs 1 battle(hit for 70+k by green gaia in cw) but me being a lv72 knight 92k br still have problems clearing away minions for a 1 on 1 battle. The lack of aoe for knights is my biggest problem and apollo sylph solves that problem so i will continue to use apollo but will build gaia for future behind the scenes. Until my atk is high enough to clear minions away on 4 hits.

Comment

Originally posted by S24Beeblebrox View Post
                            Ok understand the power of gaia sylph on a 1 vs 1 battle(hit for 70+k by green gaia in cw) but me being a lv72 knight 92k br still have problems clearing away minions for a 1 on 1 battle. The lack of aoe for knights is my biggest problem and apollo sylph solves that problem so i will continue to use apollo but will build gaia for future behind the scenes. Until my atk is high enough to clear minions away on 4 hits.
                            If you have decent patk you should be able to almost clear the troops with WW. Then just use slasher and ult slasher to take out the rest. If you still can't clear the troops then buy the flash skill for gaia and it will deal 20k dmg to the troops. It isn't that hard for a knight to clear out the troops. Just need to either get a good level EWD or good level sniper+deter. As well as keeping your patk high enough. Having the puncture talent as well would help you pull off more WW during battle.

Comment

Originally posted by kattuktk View Post
                              ***? did you not understand whatever i said?.. ok the formula works like this..
                              Attack of the sylph = ((your highest attack stat) + (sylph's highest attack stat) - Defense ) / 2.
                              the type of damage is dependant on the skill which you are using..
                              I hope it's clear now.
                              Plus your points about world ending or some **** was pointless, if 80% in CN version (not only top cashers, everybody included) are using electric sylph ahead of dark and apollo(both being cash sylphs) then electric sylph might be something right?? NO ONE that I have seen in any ranking across all servers has an amazon or a cereberus, 80% of people in current server and more than 65% in cross server have hercules, doesnt that say something?? those people have had the sylphs for ages now and they know better than us, so if they are using electric in such a large number and not using fire at all then it must mean something right??
                              It means Gaia is the best for 1v1 pvp since it does the best single target damage. The CN ranking you saw is probably a class war ranking.

Comment

Originally posted by ZSleepingDragonZ View Post
                                It means Gaia is the best for 1v1 pvp since it does the best single target damage. The CN ranking you saw is probably a class war ranking.
                                Nope. Player strength. Just go to 7road and see for yourself. ^^

Hard to actually agree with kat but for once he does have a point lol

Comment

Working...
                                X