Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Question: Gaia vs Amazon Queen - why do ppl think Gaia is so great?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question: Gaia vs Amazon Queen - why do ppl think Gaia is so great?

In forum and also in my server I see a fair number of ppl worshipping Gaia as the greatest thing ever, doing godly damage, and I just don't understand. When I look at the skills of Gaia and Amazon Queen they just don't seem that different, and I can't imagine they gave Gaia a lot higher stat points, so it must have to do with the skills...

This is the comparison of skills from Gaia and Amazon and my personal opinion. Plz if you think I'm completely wrong about the usefulness of a skill then let me know. I started this thread because I wanna learn and understand. The numbers I gave are the order in the skills tab from the sylph menu:

1 Burning Strike/Thundering Strike
    Both have the same attack 165%+120 to one enemy

2 Consuming Flames/Roll of Thunder
    Amazon does an attack 100%+150 to one enemy: 64% damage reduction for 3 rounds
    Gaia does an attack 150% +100 to one enemy: +20% floating dmg for 2 rounds
    Gaia's attack does more dmg, but imo a dmg reduction would be a lot more useful than floating dmg in any situation aside from world boss.

3 Infernal Inflammation/Jupiter's Wrath
    Amazon does an attack 220%+280 to one enemy: Target takes 10% more dmg for 3 rounds
    Gaia does an attack 225%+250 to one enemy: 80% chance to make a random skill not available for 2 turns.
    The dmg seems fairly equal, but I think in pve the Gaia added effect won't work, so all in all I think Amazon has better skill here, cause increased dmg is good in both pve and pvp.

4 Dragon Blast/Short Circuit
    Amazon does an attack 160%+300 to 2-3 enemies
    Gaia does an attack 185%+200 to one enemy: enemies in same column and row take 50% dmg
    Considering that Gaia only hits one for full dmg, and sometimes only hits 1 enemy, I'd say Amazon's attack is a lot better.

5 Firestorm/Flash Storm
    Amazon does an attack 145%+325 to all: Bleed for 2% max hp (4k hp max) for 5 rounds
    Gaia does an attack 240%+265 to one enemy: Prioritizes player and hits soldiers extra for 20k.
    I think both have really strong attacks. Amazon hits all and does nice bleed effect. Gaia's attack has higher dmg and can wreck in pvp, but in any circumstance without troops it's a single target skill. Personally I'd prefer Amazon's skill since it's useful in more situations.

6 Delphic – Vulcan's Judgment/Delphic – Thunder Wave
    Amazon does an attack 440%+515 to 1-2 enemies – costs 500 awakening points
    Gaia does an attack 470%+515 to 1 enemy – costs 500 awakening points
    Gaia has higher atk, but Amazon can randomly hit a 2nd enemy. In some instances (boss battles, single player PVP after killing troops) there is only one enemy to target, but in other situations (sylph arena, team arena, guild battle) there will be more. All in all I htink these attacks are fairly equal.

7 Vulcan's Blessing/Jupiter's Blessing
    Amazon increases damage (yourself) by 20% for 3 turns – costs 500 awakening points
    Gaia increases crit rate and crit damage (yourself) for 3 turns – costs 500 awakening points
    Personally I'm a knight, and have will destroyer when not doing world boss. So for me Gaia's skill wouldn't be useful. Btw even if I used crit I probably wouldn't spend a turn and 500 awakening points on the boost for either of the two.

– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
    Passives

8 Scorching Shield/Unstable Voltage
    Amazon has 10% chance to absorb 3% of max hp in the next round.
    Gaia has stackable 5% dmg increase for 2 turns every time you are attacked (max 50% dmg)
    Amazon's passive is not so good imo. Assuming you have 75k hp (that's roughly what I have) then you have 10% to absorb 2250 dmg. So on average 225 dmg a turn. Gaia's skill is a lot cooler, but assuming you get hit once every round that's an avg of 10%.I'm not certain if a skill that hits multiple time (like knight delphi hitting 4x) give multiple stacks. On forums ppl seem really really into this skill, and I can see why. You basically get dmg buff all the time as passive. Can anyone confirm if multiple hitting attacks give multiple stacks? Cause if they do then 50% is a lot easier reached. All in all this round is definetely for the Gaia.

9 Fire's Might/Static Field
    Amazon has 5% chance to do 10% extra dmg next turn
    Gaia has chance to prevent an enemy's critical next turn
    At first glance I think both aren't that great. Amazon's has a 5% trigger rate, so on average that's 0.5% bonus dmg each turn (5% x 10%). Gaia's prevent crit has no trigger rate mentioned, but assumably low: 5% or 10%. Unless you're fighting an archer that needs crits for rage, this doesn't seem so hot.

10 Master of Flames/Master of Thunder
    Amazon has 5% chance to reflect up to 20% damage.
    Gaia has 10% chance to deal +15% dmg next turn
    I'm usually not a fan of reflect, so that one won't get my engine running. 5% trigger rate is low, but I'm assuming it's 100% (up to 20k dmg), which is really good if it hits. So might be useful :P With Gaia's passive it has small chance to do extra dmg, so on avg that's 1.5% each turn. Doesn't seem all that useful, but I suppose any passive dmg boost is a welcome addition.

Basically in terms of active skills I'd think Amazon Queen is better than Gaia. Gaia probably beats Amazon in passives due to Unstable Voltage. Did I completely misjudge some skills here, or is there some other dark secret about Gaia's power that I'm not seeing? I need a 3rd sylph for arena, and a atk passive sylph is good for WB too. Help me understand so I can pick the best option for me.

• R25300665
    replied
    i got an epic gaia so far damage on the special with crit hit is 256k it lvl 64.. the passive skill n stack activate quite regularly.. highest damaged i seen add 5% to ur patk also

my epic apollo aoe is gd but passive not so good. i tink apollo good for knights add alot of hp n the sword of judgement good for ply ga or gb but 1 on 1 i feel gaia is better

Leave a comment:

• bakuryuuha
    replied
    Originally posted by ManVick View Post
    I feel each and every sylph is important in its own way be it IRIS, PAN, APOLO, GAIA or AMAZON ... you must have 1 of each class and use them rather than asking others ... this willl make you understand what suits you the most and against what enemies ... for example in certain places u need to have mdef more then you use apolo or iris ... while u need super damage then go amazon, apolo or gaia ... if u need healing go iris and if u need lots of aoe then pan or apolo ... choice is all yours and in your hand ... I being a knight feel I already have patk and pdef in tonnes even hp ... whet i really lack is matk and mdef ... and also healing so personally irisi is still my favourite ... but i also like gaia as it helps me killing knights and archers ... but when it comes to fighting a mage ... i better go with pan or amazon ... this is the simplest summary I can give which I feel all must follow ... but again this is just my suggestion ...
    Having 1 of everything is one thing. Having a good quality sylph is another. My 2 best sylphs are both matk and I can do quite painful hits with them to mages despite their supposed high mdef. I've done above 200k crit on a mage that i'm quite sure had high 20+k mdef (but I had 3 stacks of unstable voltage at that time) with my gaia. So sometimes when ur hero stats and sylph are OP enough, even if its not patk it'll still give you an easy kill against a target that is supposedly strong against ur sylph's dmg type. Its still better to focus on the strongest sylphs while working hard on improving your hero. Look to the 7roads players to see what the majority uses as they've had a year more than us to test out the diff sylphs. Why waste time to do something that others have figured out already instead of building on their experience...then again...some ppl can only learn by making the mistakes on their own so can't help that they have to pick the painful path of learning...

Leave a comment:

• ManVick
    replied
    I feel each and every sylph is important in its own way be it IRIS, PAN, APOLO, GAIA or AMAZON ... you must have 1 of each class and use them rather than asking others ... this willl make you understand what suits you the most and against what enemies ... for example in certain places u need to have mdef more then you use apolo or iris ... while u need super damage then go amazon, apolo or gaia ... if u need healing go iris and if u need lots of aoe then pan or apolo ... choice is all yours and in your hand ... I being a knight feel I already have patk and pdef in tonnes even hp ... whet i really lack is matk and mdef ... and also healing so personally irisi is still my favourite ... but i also like gaia as it helps me killing knights and archers ... but when it comes to fighting a mage ... i better go with pan or amazon ... this is the simplest summary I can give which I feel all must follow ... but again this is just my suggestion ...

Leave a comment:

• R22958483
    replied
    Originally posted by 0xykotton View Post
    lols what? There is no strategy with sylphs lmao. Hardly anyone uses Amazon in the Chinese servers and when we get Dark here. Hardly anyone will use Amazon here as well. It be all about Gaia and Hades. Some iris and some apollo.
    agree gaia if uw ant matk hades if u want patk(ul kill mage way betetr whit life leach and purge and higher stats*)iris good for everyclas in certain situation
    gaia passive is damn strong even if its just 5-20% msot the tiem its alwasy theyre on every spell...
    and AQ ult being able to ult 2..change absolutly nothing lol...gaia/AQ arent supposed to be used in aoe situaion...should only use the ult once trop are death in 1v1 u really dotn want the ult aiming for a tropp only...

ssore s1 mage temple of ibalize!

Leave a comment:

• mageheal50
    replied
    my response in red text
    Originally posted by triggerh View Post
    2 Consuming Flames/Roll of Thunder
    Amazon does an attack 100%+150 to one enemy: 64% damage reduction for 3 rounds
    Gaia does an attack 150% +100 to one enemy: +20% floating dmg for 2 rounds
    Gaia's attack does more dmg, but imo a dmg reduction would be a lot more useful than floating dmg in any situation aside from world boss.
    it is not a damage reduction, the translation is just an error. It is a poison like effect, 64% dmg for 3 rounds. Making this skill kinda awesome in terms of dmg done. But remember, poison damage, doesnt get affected by medallions/eWD/crit. They always deal fixed amount usually 0.64*(ATK-DEF)/2. Havent tested against enhanced goddess blessing targets

3 Infernal Inflammation/Jupiter's Wrath
    Amazon does an attack 220%+280 to one enemy: Target takes 10% more dmg for 3 rounds
    Gaia does an attack 225%+250 to one enemy: 80% chance to make a random skill not available for 2 turns.
    The dmg seems fairly equal, but I think in pve the Gaia added effect won't work, so all in all I think Amazon has better skill here, cause increased dmg is good in both pve and pvp.
    id say both are good, i prefer the amazon skill this time

4 Dragon Blast/Short Circuit
    Amazon does an attack 160%+300 to 2-3 enemies
    Gaia does an attack 185%+200 to one enemy: enemies in same column and row take 50% dmg
    Considering that Gaia only hits one for full dmg, and sometimes only hits 1 enemy, I'd say Amazon's attack is a lot better.
    You have underestimated the power of short circuit. Actually that extra 50% dmg is just wrong info. It will hit the same target if there are no other targets to hit. It is also not 50% dmg, it is 185% damage. It is not affected by floating dmg/EWD/Crits/Medals, so if u use EWD/crit, you will notice it is lower. The exact dmg is 1.85(ATK-DEF)/2. Havent tested against enhanced goddess blessing targets.

5 Firestorm/Flash Storm
    Amazon does an attack 145%+325 to all: Bleed for 2% max hp (4k hp max) for 5 rounds
    Gaia does an attack 240%+265 to one enemy: Prioritizes player and hits soldiers extra for 20k.
    I think both have really strong attacks. Amazon hits all and does nice bleed effect. Gaia's attack has higher dmg and can wreck in pvp, but in any circumstance without troops it's a single target skill. Personally I'd prefer Amazon's skill since it's useful in more situations.
    Flash storm will help the lack of aoe of Gaia. Sometimes troops cant be wiped with your aoeskills/awaken, so use flash storm.

6 Delphic – Vulcan's Judgment/Delphic – Thunder Wave
    Amazon does an attack 440%+515 to 1-2 enemies – costs 500 awakening points
    Gaia does an attack 470%+515 to 1 enemy – costs 500 awakening points
    Gaia has higher atk, but Amazon can randomly hit a 2nd enemy. In some instances (boss battles, single player PVP after killing troops) there is only one enemy to target, but in other situations (sylph arena, team arena, guild battle) there will be more. All in all I htink these attacks are fairly equal.

7 Vulcan's Blessing/Jupiter's Blessing
    Amazon increases damage (yourself) by 20% for 3 turns – costs 500 awakening points
    Gaia increases crit rate and crit damage (yourself) for 3 turns – costs 500 awakening points
    Personally I'm a knight, and have will destroyer when not doing world boss. So for me Gaia's skill wouldn't be useful. Btw even if I used crit I probably wouldn't spend a turn and 500 awakening points on the boost for either of the two.
    the gaia skill is terrible i think
    – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
    Passives

8 Scorching Shield/Unstable Voltage
    Amazon has 10% chance to absorb 3% of max hp in the next round.
    Gaia has stackable 5% dmg increase for 2 turns every time you are attacked (max 50% dmg)
    Amazon's passive is not so good imo. Assuming you have 75k hp (that's roughly what I have) then you have 10% to absorb 2250 dmg. So on average 225 dmg a turn. Gaia's skill is a lot cooler, but assuming you get hit once every round that's an avg of 10%.I'm not certain if a skill that hits multiple time (like knight delphi hitting 4x) give multiple stacks. On forums ppl seem really really into this skill, and I can see why. You basically get dmg buff all the time as passive. Can anyone confirm if multiple hitting attacks give multiple stacks? Cause if they do then 50% is a lot easier reached. All in all this round is definetely for the Gaia.

9 Fire's Might/Static Field
    Amazon has 5% chance to do 10% extra dmg next turn
    Gaia has chance to prevent an enemy's critical next turn
    At first glance I think both aren't that great. Amazon's has a 5% trigger rate, so on average that's 0.5% bonus dmg each turn (5% x 10%). Gaia's prevent crit has no trigger rate mentioned, but assumably low: 5% or 10%. Unless you're fighting an archer that needs crits for rage, this doesn't seem so hot.

10 Master of Flames/Master of Thunder
    Amazon has 5% chance to reflect up to 20% damage.
    Gaia has 10% chance to deal +15% dmg next turn
    I'm usually not a fan of reflect, so that one won't get my engine running. 5% trigger rate is low, but I'm assuming it's 100% (up to 20k dmg), which is really good if it hits. So might be useful :P With Gaia's passive it has small chance to do extra dmg, so on avg that's 1.5% each turn. Doesn't seem all that useful, but I suppose any passive dmg boost is a welcome addition.

Basically in terms of active skills I'd think Amazon Queen is better than Gaia. Gaia probably beats Amazon in passives due to Unstable Voltage. Did I completely misjudge some skills here, or is there some other dark secret about Gaia's power that I'm not seeing? I need a 3rd sylph for arena, and a atk passive sylph is good for WB too. Help me understand so I can pick the best option for me.
    i helped you by filling in more info on gaia skills
    Last edited by mageheal50; 02-02-2014, 12:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• S44-ZEREF
    replied
    Originally posted by IggyBousse View Post
    Not in sylph arena battle... Single target pretty useless there...
    if your gaia can hit ahrd,its very useful add gaia dmg+the other two sylph dmg cant see how it isnt useful

Leave a comment:

• 0xykotton
    replied
    Originally posted by LexiiBelle View Post
    amazon queen is for strategic ppl . gaia damage ppl
    lols what? There is no strategy with sylphs lmao. Hardly anyone uses Amazon in the Chinese servers and when we get Dark here. Hardly anyone will use Amazon here as well. It be all about Gaia and Hades. Some iris and some apollo.

Leave a comment:

• LexiiBelle
    replied
    amazon queen is for strategic ppl . gaia damage ppl

Leave a comment:

• R235681934
    replied
    AGREED 100% ..all these guys waste time on which one is better,,they are all good when u use them the right way in the right place,, everyone need to have both since they are available to use,,test them in different areas ,,gb,,wb,,bg ,,see which one serves u better and where then roll with that ..

Leave a comment:

• IggyBousse
    replied
    Originally posted by FufuBunnySlayer View Post
    Multiple target is pretty much worthless. So yeah, 30% > 0%. Gaia has the better delphic.
    Not in sylph arena battle... Single target pretty useless there...

Leave a comment:

• Rubberplayer
    replied
    I am not fascinated with gaia or amazon queen. i am still using apollo for PVP and Iris on PVE.

Leave a comment:

• FufuBunnySlayer
    replied
    Originally posted by Kingryan View Post
    Gaia has the highest damage of delphic, but it only hits 1 enemy. The damage of Amazon Queen's delphic is close to Gaia's, and it can hit another target... Duh. So Amazon Q pars up with Gaia in terms of delphic. Duh. Again.
    Multiple target is pretty much worthless. So yeah, 30% > 0%. Gaia has the better delphic.

Leave a comment:

• Draggyy
    replied
    Originally posted by kattuktk View Post
    I do believe it has a skill which takes enemy's PDEF in consideration
    in the spire movie where they had 3 hercules and one electro sylphs the bosses were randomly receiving both pdef and mdef reduction. So maybe they really do some patk who knows, or maybe that passive is just for archers/knights so they can deal more damage when they unsylph
    Last edited by Draggyy; 01-24-2014, 09:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• kattuktk
    replied
    Originally posted by Lorisnor View Post
    Are you sure it deals both patk and matk? oO
    I do believe it has a skill which takes enemy's PDEF in consideration

Leave a comment:

Working...
X