Fire Sylph skill: Consuming Flames

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire Sylph skill: Consuming Flames

Hi everyone, first off i dont got a character on r2 but somewhere else, but seeing how dead our forum and mods are i decided to come here to seek help/answers.

So iam a tank knight lvl 63 currently. I decided to switch from my pan, which gives me roughly 14k hp at blue level, to a fire sylph.
    As i really like the defensive playstyle i thought those bleed skills will fit very well. Ill loose some hp till i got this one blue, but ok....not the issue.

So, this skills says, "loose 64% damage each round for 3 rounds"
    Do we once again have a translation error here? Is it 64% over 3 rounds? So ~21% each round?
    Do we got chinese players here who can confirm this?

Iam really confused with this as none seems to be the case. ( forgive these rough numbers, i dont have the exact stuff in mind)

1) I hit an player with roughly 8k , but only ~1.7k bleed each round, where it should be around 5k
    - ok here my statement from above seems to make sense, if we span the dmg each round, 1.7k would be ~21% bleed, not 64%

2) Went into spire and tested on a boss, roughly 16.5k damage, but only 4.7k or so bleed, where it should range in the 10k
    - here the 21% thesis is not working, as that would be rougly 3.4k not 4.7k....sooo, yea lol....

3) The % of damage bleed, doesnt seem to be affected by either brutality rune nor vulcan ( spire case ).
    Was one of the main reasons i choose this. Clear troops, wait 50% timer, hit brutality ( lvl 9 ), then this skill. But on the same player its roughly the same bleed with or without brutality.
    On spire it 100% noticeable this is not working ( REALLY BAD, as it could prove to be a big spire helper ).
    Which is odd, as vulcan or brutality higher your damage dealt with this skill

4) As a side note i also got me the skill: Firestorm - makes 2% of max hp bleed ( max 4k ) each round.

4.1) Normally i wait the 50% timer, hit bleed rune when troops are cleared. Now i wanted to have all 3 bleeds ( 2x skill, 1x rune ) active.
    - Good thought, once again proven wrong.
    Blood rune and firestorm don't work together. Hit blood rune then firestorm, causes firestorm to not apply any bleed effect, but blood rune stays active ( 5.25k bleed before and after the use of this skill ).
    Same can be noticed in spire, same issue.
    - Blood rune + consuming flames does work together though. So does this mean 2 different hp bleed sources don't stack? Since Consuming flames might be no "real hp bleed"

5) In spire, it in fact does 5k bleed, not the stated 4k.
    - In pvp i could not confirm this yet, as no player has enough hp to trigger the max bleed even on 50% timer.

So can anyone confirm these things also? Or do i misunderstand a few game mechanics here?

Thanks for your time and hopefully replies.
    Last edited by Argonias; 01-23-2014, 07:09 PM.

Nice of you to post these... It gave me more information about fire sylph.

Though I would like to tell you that in this forum, there will probably lots players who will suggest you ditch Amazon Queen then go for Gaia.

Hope you understand them, as many people here are Gaia freaks.

Comment

On the bleed stacking...

bleeds or poisons have never stacked in any mmorpg game that i can remember...it would be to OPed, rather if you use 2 at once..one will cancel the other out.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingryan View Post
        Nice of you to post these... It gave me more information about fire sylph.

Though I would like to tell you that in this forum, there will probably lots players who will suggest you ditch Amazon Queen then go for Gaia.

Hope you understand them, as many people here are Gaia freaks.
        Hehe yea, i am a regular reader here. Really some unneeded thing, but these guys will be forgiven if they bring that up here, although it has nothing to do with the topic.

Originally posted by Pickapath View Post
        On the bleed stacking...

bleeds or poisons have never stacked in any mmorpg game that i can remember...it would be to OPed, rather if you use 2 at once..one will cancel the other out.
        That makes much sense actually, a damager dealer doing this would be indeed to OPed.
        Got to actually check out if this stacking works the same way if done the other way around. First sylph hp bleed, then cast blood rune ( blood rune should be a wasted turn then ). Will post that later on maybe. But for now, thanks for the headups, makes much sense

Comment

Got to actually check out if this stacking works the same way if done the other way around. First sylph hp bleed, then cast blood rune ( blood rune should be a wasted turn then ). Will post that later on maybe
          Just came to test this, if first sylph hp bleed ( firestorm ), then blood rune, blood rune overwrites firestorm. So as you said it looks like the higher bleed takes priority

Comment

Originally posted by Argonias View Post
            So, this skills says, "loose 64% damage each round for 3 rounds"
            Do we once again have a translation error here? Is it 64% over 3 rounds? So ~21% each round?

3) The % of damage bleed, doesnt seem to be affected by either brutality rune nor vulcan ( spire case ).
            Was one of the main reasons i choose this. Clear troops, wait 50% timer, hit brutality ( lvl 9 ), then this skill. But on the same player its roughly the same bleed with or without brutality.
            On spire it 100% noticeable this is not working ( REALLY BAD, as it could prove to be a big spire helper ).
            Which is odd, as vulcan or brutality higher your damage dealt with this skill
            1. your patk? ur sylph patk? (knight patk + sylph patk - targetpdef)/2*0.64 each round for 3 rounds. Try it on WB, assume 0 pdef of WB. if it is not 64% then calculate. This skill is a poison buff
            2. Bleed debuff, no stack with blood rune

Comment

Originally posted by Pickapath View Post
              On the bleed stacking...

You don't remember many mmorpgs in this case. There are mmos where DOTs can even crit
              IGN: AncientEvil
              Server: EU-271+merged
              Class: Archer
              Getting less Evil and more Ancient every day.

Comment

Originally posted by mageheal50 View Post
                1. your patk? ur sylph patk? (knight patk + sylph patk - targetpdef)/2*0.64 each round for 3 rounds. Try it on WB, assume 0 pdef of WB. if it is not 64% then calculate.
                Actually tried it on WB today. But the skill says 64% of damage, which should already be the number you see floating above your enemy.
                In this skills case it doesnt seems like it though
                Vulcan and brutality not affect it. Also a crit does not affect it. A successfull block effects it on the other hand ( pfff lol ) and lowers the bleed

As it stands now, its the base damage you do without any crit or rune etc.
                - one time ive hit the wb at the beginning for 20.5k crit, ~7.6k bleed
                - next run ive hit a no crit for roughly 12k dmg, same bleed

-> so 64% of dmg - multipliers ( rune, crit )

-> PVP might be affected by % dmg reduce. Taken a knights 30% reduce ( most have this i would say )
                8000 dmg = (5120 bleed * 0.7) / 2 = 1792 bleed which was roughly what i saw

Still not bad this skill, but is a bit of a letdown

Comment

Working...
                X