Why Players Quit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Players Quit

As an online game, wartune needs to keep on adding contents every few months to keep the things fresh as well as interesting. But the question is what content should be added to game. We see many players, I mean a whole bunch quit every month both casher and free players. I think the ultimate reason behind this is game being uninteresting after every patch/update:

1)If someone wants to do fishing or play jewel hunt they will not chose wartune, there are a lot of other games even better for it. The reason some one choose wartune to play is BG, Arenas, MPs. and sadly it ends there are no new updates regarding real stuff the makes wartune.

1a) After LD i bet no one enters BG unless they are lvl 9 VIP, nobody wants to lose a title.(Suggestions: Make a Honor buff after LD maybe 2k of 1.5k, so that people still enter BG, Make Battleground treasure chest reward a bit more desirable, i agree rewards are good but not good enough after recent patchs)

1b) Group Arenas: Fix the bug, no one likes meeting someone 15lvl higher/lower than them, and either die of kill one shot. Close matches are best matches and are fun to fight.

1c) Mps well thats nothing I can tell about atm.

2) Cashing balance: Yes cashing in game makes people stronger, cashing more makes stronger and is completely fair, but there must be a limit.

2a) If someone can MP solo or get 30/30 wins in arenas with 2 lowbies its fun but not for long, after sometime it gets boring and people want a close fight, someone who can actully hit them atleast. Ofc. someone who summoned cloudcaller is defiantly not quieting in next 2 months, but what after that, to add on it, if someone spends 50k balens on a wing month one, there should atleast not be another rare wing for 3 months, atleast giving them a time to recover. Yes, people will buy initially month 1-2-3 but after that, the option is to quit, because they cant live with not having something out there, on the other hand spending for same thing every month is something undigestable.

3) Quests : Circuit quests give good rewards, yes initially i thought so, but after doing 50 circuit quest (which included 15+ killing sylph at atoll quest, i figured it was not worth the time) additionally, when I started playing wartune, I started it to "fight monsters and be hero" as your advertisement tag line says, but I now find myself delivering messages to elisa or diana.

Suggestion: Please add content that makes wartune what wartune is about. and ofc. fix the lag.

Ps :- Please keep comments to present. All this is about what wartune is now at this very moment, not what is was an year ago, or what it will be an year from now.
    Sarcasm Intended

1) I like the rewards from Jewel hunt. Gives people a change to get things quicker without having to use $$$.
    1a) There are 2 new honor levels coming in a future patch
    1b) Yeah it sucks. I don't like meeting someone with 65k more BR than me, even if we are both lv79/80.
    2) Totally agree. Cash should give an advantage, but those willing to put time and effort should be able to achieve the same rewards.
    2a) You really think the mega cashers won't spend every month? I have been around over 1yr, and they ALWAYS buy, no matter how much it costs.
    3) Circuit quests are the biggest waste of time in wartune. Rewards are nowhere near compensating for the effort it takes.

You forgot the main problem with wartune, and that is Lagg.
    We all know it's the players fault. They never clear browser cache, delete history or keep their own computer running well. <----------SARCASM

Comment

The lag does not come from Wartune itself, it comes from players who are refusing to buy something better and stronger PC/Laptop. Players will keep on whining when they have lag because they refuse to upgrade/format or buy a new and fast PC/Laptop. There are alot of cahsers who are willing to spend. The cloudcaller mount which almost costs a lot means that definetly players will continue to quit the game. Nowadays, with players now less, getting helps in dungeons is not that easy. I agree with the Circuit Quests. The time a player spent is too much. The rewards are so small and have less value. which was why I posted in my previous thread that this be removed or decreased if they refuse to allow players buy Imperial Seal with gold.

Comment

Think about it, whining all day because of lag is becoming so aggravating. You refuse to buy a new PC when Wartune is running on a high graphic that requires alot of commit charge and updated files on your PC

Comment

op makes a lot of valid points but its easier said then done.

Originally posted by Alberteiny
          I agree with the Circuit Quests. The time a player spent is too much. The rewards are so small and have less value.
          R2 isnt forcing anybody to do the quests.

Originally posted by Alberteiny View Post
          Think about it, whining all day because of lag is becoming so aggravating. You refuse to buy a new PC when Wartune is running on a high graphic that requires alot of commit charge and updated files on your PC
          No idea what your talking about wartune isnt a hard game to run at all, i can even play it on my netbook if i wanted........the lag usually has something to do with the players connection or the usual server lag.(though i will not argue that sometimes it is a bad pc, but when my friend is lagging on an expensive gaming pc you cant really blame it on the computer)
          Last edited by Fallenkingzero; 01-25-2014, 05:14 PM.

Comment

I agree with JackDaniels.

And specially I want to play attention on Circuit quests and Amethyst mine.

1) Circuit quests: run there bring letter, kill 10 monsters on L3, kill 10 monsters on L4 .... I was riding all day from one point to another. And I am asking myself FOR WHAT? Is this Crystal Saga or Wartune? Thank you very much but I am not going to play this.

2) Amethyst mine - attacked by level 80 player without any chance to defense. Lost Amethyst. What was I doing there? Giving all my amethyst to bully.

I am playing more then 1 year. And I am ready to quit. As many of my friends already did. And be sure that Return pack will not work.

I have the same feeling like JackDaniels wrote: I started it to "fight monsters and be hero" as your advertisement tag line says, but I now find myself delivering messages to elisa or diana.

Thank you Jack for writing about this

Comment

I'd have to say that its really boiling down to ragequitting over BR, which is one of the things they need to fix in BG, make it BR based and not level based, because you can kill someone with 5k more BR than you after 1 or 2 rounds of blessing boosts, but once you hit the 65+ group unless your cashing, you're guaranteed to get slaughtered by the super-cashers.

Comment

I retire from the game after playing 14+ months, mainly because it's very very time-consuming. You need to be online in the game for at least 12 hours everyday. If you want to be one of the top dogs, you can't miss any single events. Now, with circuit quests, it's gonna be a worse time-eater.

Then there's also the cashing part. If you don't cash enough, you have no chance at being top 20.
                Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
                [No longer logging in]

Comment

Originally posted by Cephorus View Post
                  I'd have to say that its really boiling down to ragequitting over BR, which is one of the things they need to fix in BG, make it BR based and not level based, because you can kill someone with 5k more BR than you after 1 or 2 rounds of blessing boosts, but once you hit the 65+ group unless your cashing, you're guaranteed to get slaughtered by the super-cashers.
                  Sorry to burst your bubble.
                  BR-based BG is a very stupid idea.

What's stopping someone from stripping every gear and astral off, then join BG and then put back his gear.
                  Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
                  [No longer logging in]

Comment

1) there are 2 resources spent in this game, time and money. The ones wich does more receives more. If you don't have time or dont like them dont do it, for those that have enough time and wants some free stuff more they are welcomed. Jewelry is quick anyway
                    and they are both free
                    1a) I'll enter when i feel like. if I got the ld medallion that means I can take it back anytime. All I have to do is to recover it when I have to buy the medallion and since it lasts a week I can very well arrange to be in a gb day. you played bg unti now while sometimes you won sometimes you lost, you can continue that if you like it that much
                    1b) everyone says to fix them, but how? meeting same lvl people isnt fair either, they could have camped there for a long time and have much higher br and hs. By br a 100 k br player can easily kill 3 of 35 k br players, so again it isnt fair. By time spent in the game a player can speed up the process by cashing. Fix it how?
                    1c) they do lack creativity...just reached lvl 70 and i meet the same bosses and monsters I met before?monsters from lvl 11 campaigns?really?

2) wartune is a business for them, higher the gap in br people can gain by money, the more they will pay, so more profits. its already known that the money is what interests them , not our happiness
                    2a) is like telling someone who enjoyes buying stuff that they can;t do it daily but once 3 months... find such a person and ask him/her about it, try with females first, they love shopping

3) as stated in point 1) you can get things by either spending time or cash. Honestly, until now people were doing them without being rewarded just for sepulcrum, now they are being rewarded for it and the drop rate of getting essence without fighting increased. Atoll was always time consuming and never forced you to do it. Consider circuit as a second patch to the atoll, an upgrade that rewards you for it
                    Last edited by Draggyy; 01-25-2014, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cephorus View Post
                      besides what condor said, if there would be a way to not allow people to strip before bg and equip after and the bg would be acording to br, then I would just ignore bg completly up to a point, getting to a certain br where people are usually close to lord divine , And me (a private) will start attacking them. Since we all have about the same br I would win 1 out of 2 fights, losing 10 honor and gaining 200, so 190 honor for each 2 battles. all the higher honor people will simply quit bg
                      Last edited by Draggyy; 01-25-2014, 08:07 PM.

Comment

the sad and simple truth is that many people quit for many different reasons. I started 56 quite a bit after it started (I would say in the first month of it opening), and it was very active. There were plenty of people online and doing all the events and lots of active guilds. After a few weeks you notice all the vets stop visiting (they instead move to new servers). After this you end up with people that are really high and get bored from no competition and low ones get bored because they are getting no where. Some will move on to the new servers and become strong (since your best shot at being strong is starting when a new server opens and spend a few hundred on your character so you get the first person to get to this point rewards etc...). We have lots in the top spots that have already quit and were extremely high so it is a bit annoying to have to work hard to get above someone who hasnt logged on in months. A few will get tired of not being able to get in the top spots and buy stuff till they can get there and then after a short time quit as well. We are now down to just a few guilds that are active and while lots in them most don't play anymore. I've seen where some have asked for a merge and all they get back is a rude comment about it is up to the DP team. They should really pay more attention to the old servers as well and try to get something better going on lol. I recall when these hot events for combined gold spent on the server we would get all the rewards now its down to maybe 1/2 of them is all we can get because of the lack of people etc...I think at the current pace if they dont change something in the next month we may be down to just dozen(s) of players and most of them will be non payers.
                        S56 - Remcon

Comment

Originally posted by R29296591 View Post
                          As an online game, wartune needs to keep on adding contents every few months to keep the things fresh as well as interesting. But the question is what content should be added to game. We see many players, I mean a whole bunch quit every month both casher and free players. I think the ultimate reason behind this is game being uninteresting after every patch/update:

1)If someone wants to do fishing or play jewel hunt they will not chose wartune, there are a lot of other games even better for it. The reason some one choose wartune to play is BG, Arenas, MPs. and sadly it ends there are no new updates regarding real stuff the makes wartune.

1a) After LD i bet no one enters BG unless they are lvl 9 VIP, nobody wants to lose a title.(Suggestions: Make a Honor buff after LD maybe 2k of 1.5k, so that people still enter BG, Make Battleground treasure chest reward a bit more desirable, i agree rewards are good but not good enough after recent patchs)

1b) Group Arenas: Fix the bug, no one likes meeting someone 15lvl higher/lower than them, and either die of kill one shot. Close matches are best matches and are fun to fight.

1c) Mps well thats nothing I can tell about atm.

2) Cashing balance: Yes cashing in game makes people stronger, cashing more makes stronger and is completely fair, but there must be a limit.

2a) If someone can MP solo or get 30/30 wins in arenas with 2 lowbies its fun but not for long, after sometime it gets boring and people want a close fight, someone who can actully hit them atleast. Ofc. someone who summoned cloudcaller is defiantly not quieting in next 2 months, but what after that, to add on it, if someone spends 50k balens on a wing month one, there should atleast not be another rare wing for 3 months, atleast giving them a time to recover. Yes, people will buy initially month 1-2-3 but after that, the option is to quit, because they cant live with not having something out there, on the other hand spending for same thing every month is something undigestable.

3) Quests : Circuit quests give good rewards, yes initially i thought so, but after doing 50 circuit quest (which included 15+ killing sylph at atoll quest, i figured it was not worth the time) additionally, when I started playing wartune, I started it to "fight monsters and be hero" as your advertisement tag line says, but I now find myself delivering messages to elisa or diana.

Suggestion: Please add content that makes wartune what wartune is about. and ofc. fix the lag.

Ps :- Please keep comments to present. All this is about what wartune is now at this very moment, not what is was an year ago, or what it will be an year from now.
                          I Agree more content in the PvP whys like Wartune should be.

Arena is so boring now i do only 5 a day and are alredy bored after 2 attempts.

Teleport inside of atoll should not hurt so man can run frome lvl 1 to 4 direclty etc 1 2 3 4 one teleporter in echo lvl for teleport to echo one.

i joine BG for kill 2 a day rest of days i just cart if nobody attacks me.

Tank its totaly wortless to why even put tank to Wartune its not even close to wartune style if them wanna have instance for give runestones give it inside of Group Arena.

Say 15 Runestones for win and 5 for lose should problie make people more to play Arena.

is alredy many instance some can put content give dont need to make content some not match Wartune style for give Runestones just bettre put it into Group Arena and Solo Arena etc.

And relese more relevant content to the game instent latly i feel man pay more mony for balens for be strong for PvE only is no PvP content.
                          Last edited by dwmedia; 01-25-2014, 08:51 PM.
                          Character - Taggen
                          Server - S100 Goulpass Keep
                          Class - Archer
                          Battle Rating -2.4M BR
                          Slyph - Orange Electro, Light, Dark
                          Highest CW ranking - 26th

Comment

Originally posted by Draggyy View Post
                            1a) I'll enter when i feel like. if I got the ld medallion that means I can take it back anytime. All I have to do is to recover it when I have to buy the medallion and since it lasts a week I can very well arrange to be in a gb day. you played bg unti now while sometimes you won sometimes you lost, you can continue that if you like it that much
                            )
                            sure buddy thats what i thought but, once you get LD you will probably you will level up and go to next level bracket, eg: I got LD at lvl 64, I lvluped after that, entering bg at 65-68 is a suicide(thanks to holyseal) unless you are an ubercasher. If i enter bg say on saturday, I come out -200 honor i lose title, but worst is that i lost my med.(ie 100block 100 crit 10initial rage hp and troops over IC Med.) next GB is on Monday, whats my option, enter BG again or wait, whatever it is 2 days with a lower med. / no med. is not worth few battle ground shrades, is it?
                            now on the other hand if there was a buff of say 2k honor after LD, actully more people will enter in BG and those few battleground shrades will be worth collecting, because if 1 fight is lost you wont lose your med.) you wont lose your hard earned "insigias", you bought it with.
                            Sarcasm Intended

Comment

get vip 9 like everyone else who doesnt want to lose honor and problem solved

Comment

Working...
                              X