Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Astral choice question.

Hello people,

Just a curious question, which astral should be used, block (enshieldment) or dodge (Illusion)?

I think most go block because of the extra BR it gives, but which is better? After reading some points on either, I believe Illusion is better due to the chance of doing 1 damage.
    Now I won't remove my enshieldment astral, and what I also wonder is, as my last astral when I get to 80, should I get Illusion?

(2 questions really )
    Player Class: Archer
    Battle Rating : 162k+

^ Manly purple!

you like to play game safe,get block

Comment

Originally posted by IggyBousse View Post
      Hello people,

Just a curious question, which astral should be used, block (enshieldment) or dodge (Illusion)?

I think most go block because of the extra BR it gives, but which is better? After reading some points on either, I believe Illusion is better due to the chance of doing 1 damage.
      Now I won't remove my enshieldment astral, and what I also wonder is, as my last astral when I get to 80, should I get Illusion?

(2 questions really )
      I will start with the disclaimer that I really am biased against all the % chance astrals. While Deflection and Illusion are the best of that group my opinion is that it's like saying the least rotten apple in the bunch. Deflection and Illusion both have an amazing payoff when they DO activate but the % chance is so low it really makes no sense to rely on them as a full time astral slot. Block on the other hand, if you stack enough of it, can greatly reduce your overall damage taken.

I think the only way to really answer your questions is to know what astrals you have now. Being a level 74 Archer I would assume Pdef/Mdef/Patk/Crit/Determination/Goddess Blessing and Block. If this is the case then my suggestion would be use that 80 slot for an HP astral. With the +20% HP passive that you have it fits nicely.

Also keep in mind that there are some conditionals. CW may change your setup a bit. I know people insist that you need to keep both defenses high because of sylphs but realistically when sylphs are in play the damage is so overblown that 2-3k of either defense isn't going to play THAT much of a role so maybe you want to swap out your Mdef astral for Illusion to increase your chances of a lucky victory. You could say the same for Deflection also or you could go a little more traditional and save that slot for a Guardian Angel.

Trying to go farther in Necropolis? Have a Charm astral on the side so your meat shields stay up just a tiny bit longer. There are really any number of situations which call for their own specific tweak to your set-up.
      Patryn
      Twisted
      S130 Dragonmar

"If you can't take brutal honesty then you are speaking to the wrong person"
      "Touring S130....one guild at a time"

Comment

Originally posted by FarrelBrown View Post
        I will start with the disclaimer that I really am biased against all the % chance astrals. While Deflection and Illusion are the best of that group my opinion is that it's like saying the least rotten apple in the bunch. Deflection and Illusion both have an amazing payoff when they DO activate but the % chance is so low it really makes no sense to rely on them as a full time astral slot. Block on the other hand, if you stack enough of it, can greatly reduce your overall damage taken.

I think the only way to really answer your questions is to know what astrals you have now. Being a level 74 Archer I would assume Pdef/Mdef/Patk/Crit/Determination/Goddess Blessing and Block. If this is the case then my suggestion would be use that 80 slot for an HP astral. With the +20% HP passive that you have it fits nicely.

Also keep in mind that there are some conditionals. CW may change your setup a bit. I know people insist that you need to keep both defenses high because of sylphs but realistically when sylphs are in play the damage is so overblown that 2-3k of either defense isn't going to play THAT much of a role so maybe you want to swap out your Mdef astral for Illusion to increase your chances of a lucky victory. You could say the same for Deflection also or you could go a little more traditional and save that slot for a Guardian Angel.

Trying to go farther in Necropolis? Have a Charm astral on the side so your meat shields stay up just a tiny bit longer. There are really any number of situations which call for their own specific tweak to your set-up.
        That's a perfect answer to my question, cheers (never even bothered wondering about Necro + charm, but you do mention a very valid point there).

^ Manly purple!

Comment

Hello people,

(2 questions really )
          I drafted up some plans for the future (that was before my retirement).
          My gems in my 4 sockets are the typical: MDEF, PDEF, HP, MATK.

I did have plans to replace 4 of the HP gems with 4 Block Gems eventually.This is because block gems are affected by Soul engraving level.

As for astrals, I had enshieldment, deflection and HP on.
          I had plans to replace HP with illusion.

If you manage to get to level 10 illusion, it's a whooping 20% dodge. It synergizes with Deflection (10%).
          You could dodge an attack while deflecting the same attack away.

That was a long answer to your short question.

TL;DR
          If you can get to level 10 Illusion, use it in place of enshieldment. Otherwise, keep enshieldment while leveling your illusion.

Charm doesn't work very well at level 15 and level 19 of Necro.

The increased troop count won't help much. You actually need very high attack to kill the boss before it buffs.
          The boss at level 19 has speed buff, so high attack means a lot.
          Last edited by EsmeWeatherwax; 01-26-2014, 06:18 AM. Reason: Merge double post
          Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
          [No longer logging in]

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
            I drafted up some plans for the future (that was before my retirement).
            My gems in my 4 sockets are the typical: MDEF, PDEF, HP, MATK.

I did have plans to replace 4 of the HP gems with 4 Block Gems eventually.This is because block gems are affected by Soul engraving level.

As for astrals, I had enshieldment, deflection and HP on.
            I had plans to replace HP with illusion.

If you manage to get to level 10 illusion, it's a whooping 20% dodge. It synergizes with Deflection (10%).
            You could dodge an attack while deflecting the same attack away.

That was a long answer to your short question.

TL;DR
            If you can get to level 10 Illusion, use it in place of enshieldment. Otherwise, keep enshieldment while leveling your illusion.
            Yes, I'll keep Enshieldment and since I still need over 1200 70 loids, I have a long time to camp at 74. I'll get the Illusion astral and level it by the time I reach 80.

^ Manly purple!

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero
              Charm doesn't work very well at level 15 and level 19 of Necro.

The increased troop count won't help much. You actually need very high attack to kill the boss before it buffs.
              The boss at level 19 has speed buff, so high attack means a lot.
              Great point but I was really just stating options. Basically all of Necro is about how fast you can do damage but more troop count combined with maxed Academy + decent Advanced Academy + Blessing Wheel can mean the difference between victory and defeat if it keeps that last Templar up the one extra round you need. Of course stage 21 is currently hitting my Temps for an average of 65k per round so it's a moot point NOW.
              Patryn
              Twisted
              S130 Dragonmar

"If you can't take brutal honesty then you are speaking to the wrong person"
              "Touring S130....one guild at a time"

Comment

Dont go for ilusion
                My friend archer was walk with this astro many months, even v9 dont give close to good rate, so 90% of time u will waste this astro slotI sugest go for deflection or hp astro, both can be usefull . Archer dont have high def so take more dmg - with reflect this can be great bonus
                As archer u have 20% more hp so nice profit too...
                And off topic, about charm astro in necro - china allready have new troops so we get big wall bost So charisma astro will be usefull for sure

_________

Crit Mage 80v
                ~135k Br

_________

Comment

Originally posted by AnataOFAkku View Post
                  china allready have new troops so we get big wall bost So charisma astro will be usefull for sure
                  Excuse me, they have new troops? Link plz ^^.

^ Manly purple!

Comment

Br-giving astral would make your crit rate go down, as the popular theory says.

So it is still better to have astrals that do not give br, like illusion, so your crit rate will remain high.

So I think Illusion is better.

But I agree with Condor... I tried testing a level 7 illusion (14%), it didn't proc in 5 consecutive garena battles.

Better to have a level 10 illusion, or not at all. Block would do more good here.

Comment

illusion 10, is this really 20%?

Comment

Excuse me, they have new troops? Link plz ^^.
                        I'm out of my pc this weekend so u must w8but on our guild fb page friend post ss from china barracs, they have 2 next after temps and warlocks

_________

Crit Mage 80v
                        ~135k Br

_________

Comment

I'm out of my pc this weekend so u must w8but on our guild fb page friend post ss from china barracs, they have 2 next after temps and warlocks
                          you better make sure that ss reaches to us or else!

Comment

Originally posted by Draggyy View Post
                            you better make sure that ss reaches to us or else!
                            This is new update so will be even later then wartune 2/revolution so long time till we get it
                            But this is not suprise 7r finaly add new troops, this which we have atm are just weak even on v80

_________

Crit Mage 80v
                            ~135k Br

_________

Comment

This is new update so will be even later then wartune 2/revolution so long time till we get it
                              But this is not suprise 7r finaly add new troops, this which we have atm are just weak even on v80
                              yes indeed, this is no surprise, and it wont be a surprise if 100 threads are opened about how mages are to op because of the new troops either lol. Hopelly we'll get them this year....lvl 50 tier troops are just to weak

Edit so that iggy wont get upset for the offtopic lol. I didn't test them yet but when i researched about them a few months ago i did find a comparison between the 2 orange versions of them with a lot of math formula and the block one seemed slightly better even in orange version after that person math. Block has a really high chance to proc and it should proc plenty of times in each battle which makes me believe block is better :P
                              Last edited by Draggyy; 01-26-2014, 06:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X