Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

critical

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pickapath View Post
    I dont know why people think having a high crit damage value increases your crit rate. All the crit value is, is added damage when you do a crit strike. So what determines whether you crit or not??..penetration.... your armor value vs opponents armor value...well thats what i have come to understand. My crit rate and patk has stayed the same for a while but my crit rate has increased..all i have done is up my br via increasing pdef, mdef and HP. So what I see is my crit rate increased from those 3 stats going up in value .

You playing another version of Wartune?
    Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
    [No longer logging in]

Comment

Originally posted by FaeLRoX View Post
      Never heard about that ? anybody can confirm that ?
      Its total bullshiet.
      I made few tests as an archer and i only noticed, that higher BR and lvl needs more critical stat. I think the reason is simple, in higher lvls its easier to have better gems and engravings.
      The only thing i can confirm, is the level influence. Somehow if you fight an oponnet with higher lvl than you, it is very hard to place crit.
      Ofc it works in both ways, lower lvls will die instantly.

Comment

I dont know why people think having a high crit damage value increases your crit rate. All the crit value is, is added damage when you do a crit strike. So what determines whether you crit or not??..penetration.... your armor value vs opponents armor value...well thats what i have come to understand. My crit rate and patk has stayed the same for a while but my crit rate has increased..all i have done is up my br via increasing pdef, mdef and HP. So what I see is my crit rate increased from those 3 stats going up in value .
        crit rate or crit value?

Why do we crit alot on world bosses?
        simple. it has 0 defense. BR of WB is kinda big, cuz of its high atk. So it is not a BR difference anymore.

2 things i can say for sure that helps crit chance.
        1. Crit value
        2. "Something" minus target's defense

This "something" is hard to confirm. It could possibly be "Crit value * a certain constant". According to your tests, this "something" is your Defense?

Comment

Originally posted by TAYNIAK View Post
          Its total bullshiet.
          I made few tests as an archer and i only noticed, that higher BR and lvl needs more critical stat. I think the reason is simple, in higher lvls its easier to have better gems and engravings.
          The only thing i can confirm, is the level influence. Somehow if you fight an oponnet with higher lvl than you, it is very hard to place crit.
          Ofc it works in both ways, lower lvls will die instantly.
          Nopes just relaying what I have noticed. Why else would I be criting more if the only changes i have made are to armor and hp values?? There must be a relation there . Since the armor stat increase my apollo crits at around 99.7% on wb and most NPC bosses as well, yes i have counted the crit strikes (funny because I hear alot of complaints about the lack of crits on WB XD) . I was told at 60 k BR i needed 3 k crit, so i did it and found I critted less... till I uped defenses...go figure. Everyone has their own ideas about it, im sticking to my guns on this and will build my stats around the patk/mdef/pdef/crit/hp equation I think ive found for archer ...cos it works for me .

Oh and you notice less crit on lvl difference...ummmmm maybe because they have a higher armor value than you??? naaa must be total ** huh lol.

Comment

Pickapath, you are gonna get flamed here. It is expected. Some of these guys sacrificed their defenses to get more crit. Well, all i can say is: sux for them.

Soon to be a hate thread

Comment

Originally posted by mageheal50 View Post
              crit rate or crit value?

Why do we crit alot on world bosses?
              simple. it has 0 defense. BR of WB is kinda big, cuz of its high atk. So it is not a BR difference anymore.

2 things i can say for sure that helps crit chance.
              1. Crit value
              2. "Something" minus target's defense

This "something" is hard to confirm. It could possibly be "Crit value * a certain constant". According to your tests, this "something" is your Defense?
              Its hard to nail, what Im saying is your defense affects your offense..which includes critical strikes. If your attack outweighs your defense by too much...it has an overall effect on performance, you cant dish out to much more than you can take, maybe the case in a sense. Our armor sets work as a unit and there for each stat or aspect affects everything else including crit %...kinda makes sense dont you think?. Two box's fight..1 has a real hard punch but he cant take a hit, the other hits fairly well but can take hard hits..who do you think is going to win or get a crit strike and win? Maybe the secret something is as simple as balance??. Im not saying this is what it is..Im saying this seems to be a factor in the crit strike %..there will be alot more to it though.

Anyway have fun all!

Comment

Originally posted by mageheal50 View Post
                Pickapath, you are gonna get flamed here. It is expected. Some of these guys sacrificed their defenses to get more crit. Well, all i can say is: sux for them.

Soon to be a hate thread
                Sure some wont like what im saying...lol just experiment and do what works for you. Ima shut it now.

Comment

Oh and you notice less crit on lvl difference...ummmmm maybe because they have a higher armor value than you??? naaa must be total ** huh lol.
                  If it was like that I would agreed with you.
                  Problem is that those ppl usually have lower defence - i was sticked to lvl 68, when my oponnets hit 70 lvl, suddenly i started to have huge problems to defeat them even much better medallion doesn't really help much.
                  Thats why i think that the real and biggest factor is lvl difference. In my opinion every 10 lvl difference (new astral slot) like 1x-2x-3x-4x-5x-6x-7x-8x gives you very huge advantage over other players against their % atrals.

And btw bro, i have almost 100% criticals at WB now with 6k+ critical. At 4k+ critical it wasn't so nice.

If you still belive that it works like you think it does, please remove all your critical gems, astral and refinements, and in that plave improve your BR (maximize it) and then make the test.
                  According to your theory, because of higher stats you should start to place critical dmgs even more often !

But you know what is strange ? Such omnimad wrote many times, that his critical rate keep getting worse and we are know that his stats are simply huge.

Imo you are mistaken, and you will realize it sooner or later. And its not a hate/flame like some people trying to persuade here.

And last thing for your info, critical stat does not increase critical dmg value, so what in your opinion it does anyway ??

Comment

This guy have his own world and toys
                    Each player will tell u, higher lvl and br - more crit u need .

_________

Crit Mage 80v
                    ~135k Br

_________

Comment

Nobody found any formula to calculate the critical rate?

Comment

Originally posted by SirOscar View Post
                        Nobody found any formula to calculate the critical rate?
                        Nobody knows.
                        Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
                        [No longer logging in]

Comment

Wow.. Pickapath says something interesting... I think what he says makes sense...

I think I'm gonna test it

Comment

Nobody has an accurate measurement of crit rate.

One thing for sure, more crit value = more crit rate

Comment

I'm a crit mage level 77. My overall br increased while my crit value stayed the same. At one point the % of critical hits coming out decreased dramaticly to the point of considering going back to will destroyer set up.
                              I increased my Crit from 4.8k to 5.4 and obviously some improvement showed.
                              I ditched my 3.5k of block and yes my critical hit % came back to what it was before.
                              Critical chance is definitely attached to your br, Higher br more crit needed for the same chance %.

JBird
                              Boas Tetas, S60 Leaves Fort
                              Mage lvl.80 ~8M BR, 5xCW Sorceror EU zone
                              One Swallow doensn't make a summer but a Bird crafts a victory

Comment

Well i experimented a little with critical and this is what i see:
                                Mage lvl 59, 64k BR, 2530 Critical
                                * 80-90% chance against world boss
                                * 50-60% chance against Sylphs in atoll, MP dungeon and solo dungeon

Non tested enough against players but i guess it will be lesser than the others

Comment

Working...
                                X