Gem Swap

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gem Swap

Hello everyone. So, from what I usually see when checking Cross-Server Top Mages, most of them have switched their PDEF Gem for a Critical one.
    These are my current stats and my current astrals:

Click image for larger version

Name:	aaa.png
Views:	1
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	1744361 Click image for larger version

Name:	aab.png
Size:	297.5 KB
ID:	1744362

And these and the Gems (all lvl 6) I use in every equipment I have:

Name:	952da60f475ca0a6b8357f97a588b7fd.png
Size:	121.0 KB
ID:	1744363

My question is, is this a good time to change my Lvl. 6 PDEF Gems into Critical?

Acredito que irá perder muito pdef , no meu ponto de vista creio que deveria ir para will destroyer e esquecer GAIA como sylph , Amazon queen é otima para magos e não apresenta desvantagem alguma em relação as outras sylphs
    " You shall not pass !! " - Gandalf

"The Lich King has given me true power." - Death knight

Comment

archers/knights will own u badly....don't change unless u can cash heavy for survivability like fate lvl for more hp,good thing would be to get 70 leg set (and many ppl change 4pdef/mdef to crit...not all 8 pdef)might be even good to change all mdef gems since u got passive mdef boost and much more gain mdef from items

my advice stick to ewd(u will need to refine items for crit also and lose extra astral slot due to critical going with ED,your defense will suffer great and on 80lvl u will need 7000 crit stat just to have good chance to crit)
      Also worth mention that there is GA astral which can hinder u greatly

Comment

I would suggest sticking with pdef gems. I plan to swap out my HP gems for crit once my engraving gets a little higher. I plan to stack PDef with my refinements as well.. once the refinement crystals go on sale in the shop again...whenever that will be..

Here is my mage at the moment. PDef is rather low for what I'd like to be at right now. I would prefer to be above 20k pdef

Name:	FinalStats.png
Size:	369.6 KB
ID:	1680202
        FinalHC
        Kabam - S39/S6
        (Mage lvl.80 ~172k BR)

Comment

no, crit really isnt that important if you arent an archer, even then its debatable whether its better than pdef, id stick with what ya got

Comment

The biggest factors for swapping to crit are first having Imperial Commander or Lord Divine medallion. The base crit stats on these two medallions are a HUGE step toward maximizing your crit as a mage. Having at least a level 6 or 7 red crit astral and a minimum level 6 Orange Determination are essential if you intend on doing a permanent swap that will include PvP outside of Class Wars. The people that you see swapping out Pdef gems likely do NOT do BGs anymore and Group Arena you can hide from some of the patk damage coming your way.

Crit builds at about 100k BR require over 5k crit to be effective and once you reach the 120k+ mark you are going to want 6.5k minimum preferably 7k to really make things work.

So in conclusion:

1. Have IC or LD medallion
            2. level 7 Snipers Edge + level 7 Determination
            3. AT LEAST full legendary 60 set or partial legendary 70 set so when you do swap your gems out your Pdef doesn't end up ridiculously low
            4. Minimum 5k crit needs to be easily attainable before you make the switch and your top end goal will be 7-8k
            5. Remember to have a Will Destroyer on standby in case you decide crit is not for you.
            Patryn
            Twisted
            S130 Dragonmar

"If you can't take brutal honesty then you are speaking to the wrong person"
            "Touring S130....one guild at a time"

Comment

Originally posted by FarrelBrown View Post
              The biggest factors for swapping to crit are first having Imperial Commander or Lord Divine medallion. The base crit stats on these two medallions are a HUGE step toward maximizing your crit as a mage. Having at least a level 6 or 7 red crit astral and a minimum level 6 Orange Determination are essential if you intend on doing a permanent swap that will include PvP outside of Class Wars. The people that you see swapping out Pdef gems likely do NOT do BGs anymore and Group Arena you can hide from some of the patk damage coming your way.

Crit builds at about 100k BR require over 5k crit to be effective and once you reach the 120k+ mark you are going to want 6.5k minimum preferably 7k to really make things work.

So in conclusion:

1. Have IC or LD medallion
              2. level 7 Snipers Edge + level 7 Determination
              3. AT LEAST full legendary 60 set or partial legendary 70 set so when you do swap your gems out your Pdef doesn't end up ridiculously low
              4. Minimum 5k crit needs to be easily attainable before you make the switch and your top end goal will be 7-8k
              5. Remember to have a Will Destroyer on standby in case you decide crit is not for you.
              How about for archer? Lvl 64 archer with 72k br with 5.5k crit? is enough?
              and for changing gems is it advisable to change mdef gems into crit?
              Class:ARCHER (Playing on US West Coast)
              IGN:BrokenArrow
              Level:64 (Camping)
              RFCamping: Dont have much time
              Battle Rating:100k+ and counting
              Sylph:Purple Gaia

Comment

Originally posted by wartunekramevets View Post
                How about for archer? Lvl 64 archer with 72k br with 5.5k crit? is enough?
                and for changing gems is it advisable to change mdef gems into crit?
                I don't play an archer. I am a crit build mage and was speaking solely of mages. Archers are a completely different story and I cannot speak on what a good crit amount for your level or BR should be. I do know that archers don't suffer from the same limitations that the other classes do with crit because they have skills which have increased crit chance.
                Patryn
                Twisted
                S130 Dragonmar

"If you can't take brutal honesty then you are speaking to the wrong person"
                "Touring S130....one guild at a time"

Comment

Working...
                X