Benefits to not leveling?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Benefits to not leveling?

So I am at level 54 and have been told by many that I should not level to 55 until I have a much higher BR (currently around 31.5k). I understand that of course the higher I am in level the stronger I need to be but is there a certain BR I should try to have before making the jump?

I was around 50k br before I hit 55. You get introduced into a whole new Bg bracket so u need to beef up for 55-64 bracket

Comment

not leveling..

meaning, staying on a certain bracket

Whats the importance of staying on a certain bracket?

arena..
      BG..

whats the importance of arena?
      insignia
      cross server pvp points

whats the importance of BG?
      BG shards
      Honor
      cross server pvp points

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnywop View Post
        So I am at level 54 and have been told by many that I should not level to 55 until I have a much higher BR (currently around 31.5k). I understand that of course the higher I am in level the stronger I need to be but is there a certain BR I should try to have before making the jump?
        Actually staying at 39 is safest
        no mount
        no sylph.
        Five Sylphs for the Heros in wartune,
        Two for the Whales in their deep blue ocean,
        Three for Mortal Men doomed to die,
        One for the Big Whales on their dark throne
        In the Land of Wartune where the heroes lie.
        One sylph to crush them all, One sylph to kill mobs,
        One sylph to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
        In the Land of Wartune where the Moby duck lie."

Comment

Originally posted by R21577189 View Post
          no mount
          no sylph.
          no staying at 1 is safest, no mount, no sylph, no plunder, no arena, no farm stealing.
          Server: East Coast Server 300+
          Class: Mage
          Level: 70+
          Battle Rating: 90+k
          Honor: Lord Divine

Comment

Originally posted by R21577189 View Post
            no mount
            no sylph.
            And you also lose out on fate progression, catacomb gems(no room for xp), low honor cap, can not participate in mount events...etc etc...i'd think staying at 39 is one of the dumber choices you can make long term for your char

Comment

Originally posted by gruntar View Post
              And you also lose out on fate progression, catacomb gems(no room for xp), low honor cap, can not participate in mount events...etc etc...i'd think staying at 39 is one of the dumber choices you can make long term for your char
              im lv39 and i dont miss gems,can easly get lots of shards from bg carts since rarely anyone atacks,and which slow leveler thinks in long term for their char??lol you can participate in mount events,you just cant get stufs as a non-casher unless unlimtied sc event andyou have the sc needed,oh andmounts will be unlocked on lv 16 on wartune II

Comment

slow leveler thinks in long term for their char.

camper dont. Forever 39, a must have account

Comment

slow leveling is the key unless u have b utt loads of money then level right along and spend ur money

Comment

some one said slow leveling?
                    level 39-up to 25k
                    level 44 up to 35k
                    level 49 up to 45k
                    level 54 up to 55k
                    level 59 up to 65k
                    level 64 up to 80k
                    level 69 up to 95k
                    level 70+ up to infinity
                    server : Wartune S137
                    class : Archer : since October 2013
                    level : ->50
                    br : 36,000
                    spend so far : $30

Comment

Originally posted by mageheal50 View Post

whats the importance of arena?
                      insignia
                      cross server pvp points

whats the importance of BG?
                      BG shards
                      Honor
                      cross server pvp points
                      That's it in a nutshell, if you don't like pvp though you can ignore slow leveling.
                      Slow leveling is just for ppl who want to dominate, or not get beaten to death, at pvp.

Downside of slow leveling:
                      You fall behind your server, making doing dungeons and team arena hard and server pvp like gb and normal arena hard to impossible...
                      Lower chance at class wars
                      "wasting time" at farming low level gear which might not be needed for higher level dungeons
                      Some compensation packs require lv 50 (in your case doesnt count)
                      When you get higher level you lose tons of honor if you dont have high level vip

Comment

Thanks for all the input - I have all of my level 55 gear ready to go and maxed out as far as enchanting. I also will have them socketed with extras as well as new Titan rings. I will work on getting all of my guild skills maxed out which I should be able to do in a week or 2 I am hoping and then I may be moving up - tired of not being able to do quests or catacombs - along with all of the other fun things. I assume I will need to get Astral much better after guild skills - have been told that these are best ways to increase BR at this point before leveling up. Thanks to all again!!

Comment

Slow leveling is fun because with no cashing or very light cashin, u can dominate really easy on the early BR brackets for example, imo the best level to slow level
                          is 54, you can start upgrading basically everything, work on your sylphs and also get good supply of gems @ the gem event which unlocks at 45, the downsides
                          are holy seal levels and falling behind in terms of required people to make item sets but if u dont like to rush, its the way to go really.

Comment

You're always falling behind, slow leveling or not.

There is always a bigger casher.

There is always someone stronger.

As a player I play at my own pace. Telling me I am falling behind players who are burning out, just wants me to play slower so I last even longer and get to the fabled burn out even slower.
                            Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
                            You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
                            Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
                            Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

Camp at level 50 and get your HS to level 10 (will have to lvl to 51 to do it, this will help in BG) slowly make your way to 55 build your slyph lvl and strength as you go getting it ready for arena....stock pile daru and kyanite. you should make crusader by lvl 54ish, get the medal but not the mount as youll need insig for either 50 or 55 set.

Comment

Working...
                              X