Gaia - Jupiter's Wrath / Flash Storm?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gaia - Jupiter's Wrath / Flash Storm?

Fairly self explanatory. Hesitating between these two skills; leaning towards flash storm but not 100% sure.

I use Gaia for almost everything at the moment, except in Spire, ToK & CW. Will have the balens for either skill in a new slot, but not both skills.

I am a mage.

I would appreciate your input based on all this.
    Mage
    L80 DSW
    IMDE

I haven't tested Flash Storm yet, as it seems completely useless to me. Jupiter's Wrath however is an amazing skill, especially in PvP. The amnesia ability it has can turn a losing battle in your favor in an instance.
    Player Class: Archer
    Battle Rating : 162k+

^ Manly purple!

Comment

i had enough bbalens saved to buy both skills. they are very good, and not only in pvp, but pve to, like spire or mpd. the flash storm skill in pvp its 100% sure to hit the back row, and in bg its dose a certain damage from 20k+ for troops to, so both are preaty nicce skills

Comment

they both prioritize the players, flash storm is very good if you usually cant clear the opponents troops in time for your awaken. While jupiter has the amnesia effect, same as one of the best runes in this game which as iggy said, if you get lucky it can distrupt the opponents combo and change the battle in your favor. The are both very good, and they do nice damage, but it depends on your ability to take out the troops fast. If you can do that in time, I believe jupiter is better

Comment

Originally posted by Draggyy View Post
          they both prioritize the players, flash storm is very good if you usually cant clear the opponents troops in time for your awaken. While jupiter has the amnesia effect, same as one of the best runes in this game which as iggy said, if you get lucky it can distrupt the opponents combo and change the battle in your favor. The are both very good, and they do nice damage, but it depends on your ability to take out the troops fast. If you can do that in time, I believe jupiter is better
          Actually if they already casted the skill and just waiting for the cast time delay, the amnesia effect is kinda useless. I'd pick flash storm since it does better dmg which is good in both PVP and PVE.
          IGN: Athena
          Guild: Warriors
          Server: S5 - Roaring Wetlands
          Class: Archer
          Difficulty Level: Noob
          BR: 176k / 180k (with block and hp astral instead of illusion and deflect =P)

Comment

Isn't the description in Jupiter's wrath "attack enemy in back row"? So in that case, you do not need to clear out troops if the player is on the back row... Which make Jupiter's Wrath good too...

Originally posted by bakuryuuha View Post
            Actually if they already casted the skill and just waiting for the cast time delay, the amnesia effect is kinda useless. I'd pick flash storm since it does better dmg which is good in both PVP and PVE.
            But a 1 round of amnesia is already terrible... Plus, Jupiter's wrath is cheaper than Flash storm by 100 bb/balens...

Comment

Originally posted by Kingryan View Post
              Isn't the description in Jupiter's wrath "attack enemy in back row"? So in that case, you do not need to clear out troops if the player is on the back row... Which make Jupiter's Wrath good too...

But a 1 round of amnesia is already terrible... Plus, Jupiter's wrath is cheaper than Flash storm by 100 bb/balens...
              Actually a 1 round amnesia is quite useless. I've been hit by it many times in arena and not a single time has it disrupted my combo at all. In fact the Iris passive that has chance to bind target is more useful than Gaia's amnesia like effect. I do have that skill but I got it for the dmg rather than the amnesia effect. To me unless it locks the skills for 3 rounds, its pretty useless and since its only 1 skill, chances of you blocking something useful/painful is extremely low. For non-cashers, it'll be better to get the more painful skill rather than a skill that is weaker in dmg and doesn't help lock any skills that has already been selected by opponent which kind of wastes the 1 turn lock.
              IGN: Athena
              Guild: Warriors
              Server: S5 - Roaring Wetlands
              Class: Archer
              Difficulty Level: Noob
              BR: 176k / 180k (with block and hp astral instead of illusion and deflect =P)

Comment

you need to clear troops to make sure your delph and short circuits hits the correct target.

Comment

back row but it also says that it prioritizes the players, doesnt that means it shall always hit the player even when in front? I'll have to test it.

Amnesia is based on everyones choise. For example I simply can't understand why jacko loves that amnesia rune so much, its usually useless and I consider the chaos rune a lot better than amnesia. So for the amnesia lovers this skill is nice, for the chaos lovers the dark sylph shall bring that chance to cast chaos on an opponent :P

Comment

Originally posted by bakuryuuha View Post
                    Actually a 1 round amnesia is quite useless. I've been hit by it many times in arena and not a single time has it disrupted my combo at all. In fact the Iris passive that has chance to bind target is more useful than Gaia's amnesia like effect. I do have that skill but I got it for the dmg rather than the amnesia effect. To me unless it locks the skills for 3 rounds, its pretty useless and since its only 1 skill, chances of you blocking something useful/painful is extremely low. For non-cashers, it'll be better to get the more painful skill rather than a skill that is weaker in dmg and doesn't help lock any skills that has already been selected by opponent which kind of wastes the 1 turn lock.
                    I thought Jupiter's Wrath blocks more than 1 skill... I'm really not sure... And I'm just commenting based on the description.. I will never buy those skills... The skills I have in mind that I will buy in future will only be Rain Dance and Unstable Voltage.

Originally posted by mageheal50 View Post
                    you need to clear troops to make sure your delph and short circuits hits the correct target.
                    I'm talking about the Jupiter's wrath, which says it attack a target on back row... So meaning, if your player target is placed on the back row, you do not need to clear the troops first before casting JW, since it will hit the back row target.
                    back row but it also says that it prioritizes the players, doesnt that means it shall always hit the player even when in front? I'll have to test it.

Amnesia is based on everyones choise. For example I simply can't understand why jacko loves that amnesia rune so much, its usually useless and I consider the chaos rune a lot better than amnesia. So for the amnesia lovers this skill is nice, for the chaos lovers the dark sylph shall bring that chance to cast chaos on an opponent :P
                    I was being hit by amnesia rune one time.. It blocked me 2 skills... I wasn't able to cast whirlwind and ulti slash, and the slasher is on cd, since I just used it... No rage for delphic yet, and it left me with agoran shield (which is pretty useless for me at the moment, since it is just level 1, lasts 3 rounds, and using a rune costs 1 round, shield is gone not by damage, but by the number of turns)...

So that time I say that Amnesia rune was also awesome.

Comment

I'm talking about the Jupiter's wrath, which says it attack a target on back row... So meaning, if your player target is placed on the back row, you do not need to clear the troops first before casting JW, since it will hit the back row target.
                      i thought we talking about the need to kill troops. J wrath hit back target, but flash storm hit troops and player. If troops arent dead, and your next move is to use short circ or thund wave, there is chance those will hit troops. But if you can wipe troop with flash storm, your thund wave + short circ can hit player for sure. That would be so much damage in 3 moves. If you use awaken in 22s left. Then do flash storm, short circ, thund wave. You will surely get the 50% bonus on thunder wave.

Comment

you need to kill the troop at least on awekening mode shift if you dont have flash storm, or ur in a trouble when your S skill hit wrong target
                        -West Coast S115

Comment

I have both Flash storm and Jupiter's Wrath. Both are player priority attacking skills. Which i find makes them invaluable sometimes.
                          FinalHC
                          Kabam - S39/S6
                          (Mage lvl.80 ~172k BR)

Comment

can i use Flast Storm in WB?

Comment

Jupiter's Wrath is far better since it has a lot less Cooldown.
                              [US West S6 Duskin Arena] [Moloch] [Level 70] [Battle Rating 105k] [Lord Divine] [Critical Mage] [Guild: United Soul]
                              [60 Armor] [70 jewels] [60 rings]

Miracles Do Happen

Comment

Working...
                              X