Gaia passive

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gaia passive

I do not cash, so I have limited bound balens. I already have jupiter's and flash storm. Since it costs 300 balens to open a slot, I was thinking of sacrificing the default passive with unstable voltage. Is it worth it? Is the chance to prevent crit the next round worth giving up for the stacking damage?

be patient
    -West Coast S115

Comment

no it doesnt, save the balens for it

Comment

preventing opponent from criting is quite damn useful T_T

Comment

yeah i agree if you are 64+ cos all players focuses now on crit

Comment

On the other hand I would sacrifice that crit reduction passive.

You only get a chance of reducing an opponent's crit. Doesn't even tell you what the CHANCE is.

However if you have unstable voltage, every time your attacked in Sylph form you gain 5% on attack.

It's personal choice really, work out what you think would work best for your character's stats and go for that option.

Edit:- Also the extra attack comes in mighty handy for WB, where you can boost your attack by around 25-30% if you time it right. I have seen my own delphic doing over 450k damage on the WB
            Maybe look at equipping Guardian angel astral if your that worried about your opponent critting against you.
            Last edited by Billy_McF; 02-02-2014, 01:00 PM.

Comment

You are sacrificing that skill, and you only saved 300 bound balens. Think about it carefully. Can you not wait a month or so?

Comment

Originally posted by Billy_McF View Post
                On the other hand I would sacrifice that crit reduction passive.

You only get a chance of reducing an opponent's crit. Doesn't even tell you what the CHANCE is.

However if you have unstable voltage, every time your attacked in Sylph form you gain 5% on attack.

It's personal choice really, work out what you think would work best for your character's stats and go for that option.

Edit:- Also the extra attack comes in mighty handy for WB, where you can boost your attack by around 25-30% if you time it right. I have seen my own delphic doing over 450k damage on the WB
                Maybe look at equipping Guardian angel astral if your that worried about your opponent critting against you.
                Hello??!? The free passive skill of Gaia is NOT (NOT, repeat, NOT) a crit REDUCTION, but it is a "STOP CRIT" (Unable to crit), so it IS very useful. The enemy will NOT crit on the next turn... The debuff on enemy says "0% chance to crit", meaning, he/she will NOT crit on the next turn... Now you know how powerful is that. (Though I am not sure if it work to Multishot skill of archers, lol).

And the trigger rate is not very low... I usually see it trigger, like 40% of the time on pve, and 30% on pvp, something like that.

Unstable Voltage, I think, is very useful in wb, but in other cases, I do not see its "so very much usefulnees".. Reasons:

1. The time you remain to be awaken is very short.
                2. Archers and mages are not tanks (so they do not "oftenly" get hit)...

So if you're a knight, or a tank mage or tank archer, and as well as you always do wb, then go buy Unstable Voltage.
                But I do not really suggest to replace the Static Field as it is useful... Just recharge, or wait to earn 300 bound balens.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingryan View Post
                  Hello??!? The free passive skill of Gaia is NOT (NOT, repeat, NOT) a crit REDUCTION, but it is a "STOP CRIT" (Unable to crit), so it IS very useful. The enemy will NOT crit on the next turn... The debuff on enemy says "0% chance to crit", meaning, he/she will NOT crit on the next turn... Now you know how powerful is that. (Though I am not sure if it work to Multishot skill of archers, lol).

And the trigger rate is not very low... I usually see it trigger, like 40% of the time on pve, and 30% on pvp, something like that.

Unstable Voltage, I think, is very useful in wb, but in other cases, I do not see its "so very much usefulnees".. Reasons:

So if you're a knight, or a tank mage or tank archer, and as well as you always do wb, then go buy Unstable Voltage.
                  But I do not really suggest to replace the Static Field as it is useful... Just recharge, or wait to earn 300 bound balens.
                  Actually u still have to wait 10s before you can use thunder wave in awaken mode. In that time, even if you're not the tanker, in PVP/PVE the enemy also has AOE attacks. Having 1 or 2 stacks of unstable voltage is good enough to make a significant difference in your crit dmg. So its not just useful in WB only. Also, if u ever get a purple/orange gaia with maxed out enchant, you'll have the hp to be the tank for a short while...
                  IGN: Athena
                  Guild: Warriors
                  Server: S5 - Roaring Wetlands
                  Class: Archer
                  Difficulty Level: Noob
                  BR: 176k / 180k (with block and hp astral instead of illusion and deflect =P)

Comment

Originally posted by Kingryan View Post

I stand corrected with the point of REDUCING the crit, as it does actually say PREVENT a crit. So indeed it will stop crit altogether if it actually triggers, as it is still only a chance to prevent it

Just to address your points.

1. I manage to stay awake for quite a while in the spire, by not casting expensive skills, just using the 1st or 2nd skill. Then when I have built up a decent amount of bonus attack, I will unleash Thunder Wave for MASSIVE damage compared to any other attack available to me. This also works in the WB, giving me on AVERAGE and extra 60-80K gold/daru per TURN.
                    2. Never heard of AoE attacks? I seem to get hit quite a bit by mages. Archers and knights not so much, but still enough to make it worthwhile. As for PvE, most higher level bosses actually utilize an AoE attack every 2nd or 3rd turn. Therefore as an Archer I don't need to tank to gain the extra attack
                    Last edited by Billy_McF; 02-03-2014, 12:47 AM.

Comment

I forgot to mention that the Gaia is my secondary sylph, as I usually use an Apollo. Gaia is used for WB, spire and most other PvE episodes. My apollo (due to insane AoE) is used in PvP, to increase my chances of winning

Comment

that crit perverter is very usefull for pve..
                        -West Coast S115

Comment

Originally posted by Billy_McF View Post
                          I forgot to mention that the Gaia is my secondary sylph, as I usually use an Apollo. Gaia is used for WB, spire and most other PvE episodes. My apollo (due to insane AoE) is used in PvP, to increase my chances of winning
                          We should battle it out in arena then XD provided ur on EU servers that is...I usually alternate between my gaia n apollo. Gaia gives me about 2k+ patk which makes my aoe that much more painful along with the delphic that I always throw in just before I can awaken sylph. Usually helps me to kill 1 or 2 medium cashers by then allowing my gaia to easily crit kill the last 1 or 2 opponents. Although apollo does make it easier to kill an entire team by myself =P Now that I maxed both lvl n stats...only difference is my gaia short of 1 star+ to orange so I'm short about 10k+ hp if I use Gaia...but I suppose having 180k or 190k hp doesn't make much diff...=P unless onimad loans me his 700+ additional mount stats to distribute among my hp n patk =P then maybe i'll have 200k hp even with a purple sylph XD. Fun thing is ppl will slap me with a bleed rune and if my team's noob mage had suntoria casted, suntoria always heals me much more than the bleed can dmg me. But either way, having a strong sylph on top of a strong char makes PVP that much easier for sure...and having lots of HP helps if you're gonna be fighting solo so best to have lvl 7 hp gems and high grade sylph on top of endurance mount stats for hp =P This way u can get to enjoy the unstable voltage buff stacking to 3 or 4 before you cast thunder wave and see it hit a mage and crit for 272k (mage was around 110 - 130k br, can't remember.). I expect that he must've felt demoralized seeing the numbers even though his mdef is probably on the high 20+k end...
                          IGN: Athena
                          Guild: Warriors
                          Server: S5 - Roaring Wetlands
                          Class: Archer
                          Difficulty Level: Noob
                          BR: 176k / 180k (with block and hp astral instead of illusion and deflect =P)

Comment

Originally posted by bakuryuuha View Post
                            We should battle it out in arena then XD provided ur on EU servers that is...
                            Think I would last all of about 2 round's against you Athena

Your waaaayyy out of my league with BR, sylphs, equip and mount, not to mention astrals which I can't see on x-server as your usually naked for ToK reasons which I must thank you for as it is nice to be able to clear those ToK levels

Comment

Working...
                            X