Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

farm levels; talent upgrade; astral choices

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK.so in either case I have a good plan for saving for 3 astrals: goddess blessing, orange sniper's edge, and enhanced determination.

That's a LOT of star points.

So back to the astrals I have right now, for the times I'm not doing WB, is the setup I have right now OK, or should I put pristine willpower and/or enhanced guardian angel for 1 of these? Ideally I'd rather have the higher br, which is why I kept holy willpower in use.

Comment

you need an enhanced Determination for WB. I dunno if 1200 crit + 12% purple determination will be better than 25% EWD.

Also try and get pve set. Your farm is lvl 51, you must be a 7-week player. But why is your BR so bad? Your MATK is awful. get some gems, buy lvl 50 jewels. Damn, find a good guild and get some guild skills. Refine your gears to get Intel and MATK at least. Do buradoth runs daily!

EDIT: and why you have 1142 PATK? OMGEEEEE
      Last edited by mageheal50; 02-04-2014, 12:21 PM.

Comment

hey mageheal..thanks. I know not to look for PATK..but I've got some anyway via the sylph. I've played for 13 weeks, and I'm slow-leveling 51 to build on the talents which are at level 10. Maybe up to level 15 then go forward. My other big plan is to get the legend status for 2 level 40 jewels I maxed out. Where are the level 50 jewels? I just joined, I mean, just joined, the best guild on the server last week.. I know that I should refine, and I haven't done that.
        So you believe I should save up for enhanced determination? Fine but what do I do with the astrals I have now?

Comment

Like many said before, get goddess blessing instead of regeneration.

Crit astrals and determination are good, but if you don't focus on wb, you can ignore them.

More important are you stat astrals, try to get red ones first.
          Prefer to get red matk first. DMG is always awesome.
          since you have purple pdef, try upgrade that one after to a red pdef

If you do focus on wb, you can get them now, or later. Personally i think your current astrals could still be upgraded so i would do that first

Comment

fenrir67, if you see the image, I already have enhanced regeneration level 4. So are you suggesting I eventually replace this with the red MATK? What's the name of that astral? It will take a while, as I have nearly 9000 points.

Comment

These are the main stat astrals you would want as a mage.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	3.png
Views:	1
Size:	195.4 KB
ID:	1681212

For wb, you might want these astral. (These are not important if you don't want to focus on wb as much right now but they do help a lot when you need millions of gold just to lv one astral in higher levels.)

Name:	6.png
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	1681213

Now these astrals depends on whether you want to be a crit mage or a will destroyer mage.

For a crit mage,

Name:	6.png
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	1681213

For WD mage (NO CRIT),

Name:	4.png
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	1681214

I know that these astral needs a lot of star points to get but ultimately you will need those astrals. As many has pointed above, I would focus on replacing Enhanced Regeneration with Goddess Blessing (DMG reduction) astral first. Work on other astrals starting from MATK after that.
              Last edited by Lorisnor; 02-06-2014, 08:46 AM. Reason: Clearing up stuffs.
              :o Bacon FTW :o
              Kabam s1- Mage
              Guild-Derpicorns

Comment

Here's an update. I just found 2 more orange astrals (enhanced determination, and refined blessed health), along with the purple Refined Mysticality, and my star points are now about 10200. Now what?

Name:	ScreenHunter_14 Feb. 11 20.57.jpg
Size:	101.3 KB
ID:	1681330

Comment

get a sniper's edge and feed it with xp from orange willpower, refined force,blessed health,refined mysticality until level 3 at least

then feed your enhanced determination with regeneration

now u will have lvl4 enhanced det, and lvl 3 sniper edge purple or blue. Keep leveling the sniper edge. Use both sniper and deter for WB.

keep all your currently equipped astrals

keep your guardian angel but dont level it

keep sniper/determ

5 astral equipped, 3 in bag

Comment

mageheal50, when you say feed it, do you mean i should add xp from those astrals or do I synthesize them?
                    I'm not a crit mage, btw.

Comment

you drag your astral to the other, thats how you feed 1 astral with another.

well if you arent a crit mage, and wanna focus on leveling your current equipped astrals, then feed everything to your equipped astrals. Keep the Guardian angel cuz it can be useful later.

if you level up crit/det astral, you will use some xp to level them up. Astral xp cost gold, and using crit/det gives more gold. So i can't really say what is the best choice for WB. What i can say, is that you should try it, then see for yourself if the gold you get is getting better. If not so good, then feed your crit/det to your main astrals
                      Last edited by mageheal50; 02-11-2014, 11:44 PM.

Comment

OK I took your advice. No time to get to WB until overnight tomorrow but I'll try it out. I followed your instructions so I have enhanced guardian angel lvl 2, enhanced determination level 4, enhanced sniper's edge (blue) level 3 all in the bag. Which do I swap out when I do WB? Do I use my present setup for everything else?

Comment

you will replace EWD. Replace pdef or mdef also depending on the WB. If you can tank the WB maybe you could go front, so keep the goddess blessing.

then just use the present setup for most part of the game. The crit setup is good in GB also, if u are hitting ward towers.

Comment

Here's a further update. I've become level 54, and gathered a few more astrals. I'm at 13000+ star points:

Name:	ScreenHunter_15 Feb. 15 21.21.jpg
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	1681494

Comment

you don't need that enhanced regenr astral. Replace it with willpower or crit astrals for wb.
                              S404 Jade River
                              Wiseman
                              Founder of Fairy Tail
                              View My Blog:

We Don't Give Up Until the Bitter End. That's What It Means to Be in Fairy Tail

Comment

I've done it! 15000 points. Now time to shop for the red. And now....to figure which one is best. I'm thinking either Holy Mysticality (current orange) or Holy Fortitude (current purple level 6..sorry it's hidden in the capture). Let me know your thoughts.

Name:	ScreenHunter_16 Feb. 17 15.50.jpg
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	1681534

Since the last image I've upped Pristine Sniper's Edge to level 4. In the bag I've got more oranges and purples.
                                Reminding you i'm a non-cashing mage, not really focusing on crit that much. I've just attained level 55.

Comment

Working...
                                X