Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

MPD / Spire / ToK - fastest times ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• winlord
    replied
    Originally posted by FarrelBrown View Post
    I've been following these forums for quite some time now. Not only do a LOT of the people who post on them present a negative attitude toward people who spend money on this game, they complain constantly about the fact that money can even be used to improve your characters' stats. I would think that somebody, like yourself, who has also been around for quite a while would recognize this. Unfortunately you are obviously so absorbed in your own little world that you refuse to see things for what they actually are outside of your own, narrow-minded, view.

A "logical" person would know that there are any number of factors that might motivate a person to post videos like these. You are not using logic when you come to the conclusion that he does it to show off. You are, in fact, using your own biased opinion. Now logic would dictate there are several possibilities. He COULD be posting to show off his wealth and purchased power. He could also be posting because he truly enjoys the game and wants to foster an environment of enjoyment for others. He could simply be bored and has aspirations of becoming famous for his videos on YouTube.

The fact is that you have chosen to cling to one possibility. This could be due to a general distaste you have for the pay to win aspect of the game. It could be that you had a couple bad experiences with specific cashers in the past that has caused you to stereotype them. It could just as easily be that you just truly enjoy arguing with people and don't even support the side you choose to take in these back and forth discussions on the forums. I am even willing to entertain the fact that you are correct in everything you have said about everything you have commented on but general common sense doesn't really support that hypothesis.
    You see it as people are hating the act of cashing itself, and yes, it can be interpreted as such, but in my opinion, that's not the case, but what I described earlier, so your point is moot as it's a matter of view.

I've played online game for many years now, and have been on countless forums, so I do believe I can sense an ulterior motive in one's posts, and Jacko's posts do strike me as such. There is no logic involved in that sense, it's merely a sense upon which my opinion of him is based. I never said that logic was involved in my opinion on him, I merely stated that most people whom I deem logical, share these views of him, so your whole second paragraph is senseless.

Your third paragraph is also senseless and shows no valid points as it's all your theories which are completely wrong as I'm considered a "heavy casher" myself, yet my attitude towards the game is completely different from the guys we usually see boasting here about themselves such as Condor the troll and Jacko the self-entitled brat.

I don't support wall-of-text fights over the internet, so you're free to keep posting, but you will not recieve an answer if you keep this up, I don't have the time or the will to write these long posts to prove that you're simply trying to sound like the smartest person around while infact you're far from it.

Leave a comment:

• FarrelBrown
    replied
    Originally posted by winlord View Post
    Hate whoever the new big casher is? Are you that thick? Most of the logical people on this forum are just tired of his relentless posts about useless things or his attempts to show himself as something great when it's all infact just cash. Very few on this forum actually hate cashers because of their cashing, the rest are just against their general attitude.
    I've been following these forums for quite some time now. Not only do a LOT of the people who post on them present a negative attitude toward people who spend money on this game, they complain constantly about the fact that money can even be used to improve your characters' stats. I would think that somebody, like yourself, who has also been around for quite a while would recognize this. Unfortunately you are obviously so absorbed in your own little world that you refuse to see things for what they actually are outside of your own, narrow-minded, view.

A "logical" person would know that there are any number of factors that might motivate a person to post videos like these. You are not using logic when you come to the conclusion that he does it to show off. You are, in fact, using your own biased opinion. Now logic would dictate there are several possibilities. He COULD be posting to show off his wealth and purchased power. He could also be posting because he truly enjoys the game and wants to foster an environment of enjoyment for others. He could simply be bored and has aspirations of becoming famous for his videos on YouTube.

The fact is that you have chosen to cling to one possibility. This could be due to a general distaste you have for the pay to win aspect of the game. It could be that you had a couple bad experiences with specific cashers in the past that has caused you to stereotype them. It could just as easily be that you just truly enjoy arguing with people and don't even support the side you choose to take in these back and forth discussions on the forums. I am even willing to entertain the fact that you are correct in everything you have said about everything you have commented on but general common sense doesn't really support that hypothesis.

Leave a comment:

• R22958483
    replied
    so u decide to sacrifice sylph exp from mp?seriously?

Leave a comment:

• Billy_McF
    replied
    ToK depends on whether I just enter (quest completion) or actually go through all 5 levels.

Usually about 9hrs for ToK nm with all the lag, without lag it usually takes aroun 6-10mins.

Spire - never bothered checking times as we always AFK till 3,4,5 then afk till 11 again, so doing other things.

LL NM - About 16mins with 1 mini boss. 6-20 mins otherwise.

Obviously this is all effected by people having to refresh a lot to stop the innate lag that always occurs for some.

Leave a comment:

• winlord
    replied
    Originally posted by Jackos24 View Post
    yep it does now thx. (i guess only people that agree with you are "logical")
    People on this forum rarely agree with me, so no, but those who oppose you are a fine group to begin the selection with.

Leave a comment:

• Jackos24
    replied
    Most of the people I deem logical, does that help you understand better?
    yep it does now thx. (i guess only people that agree with you are "logical")

Leave a comment:

• winlord
    replied
    No problem with you stating your opinion (your right). Just don't try and speak for others when you say.

When I get more positive feedback then negative from most people as shown on the forums, youtube comments, and blog comments.
    Most of the people I deem logical, does that help you understand better?

Leave a comment:

• Jackos24
    replied
    Yep, it feels to me like showing off or simply a useless post, like most of your posts and threads.
    Elected me for what? being logical? there's no election needed for that, it's easily seen when reading one's post.
    No problem with you stating your opinion (your right). Just don't try and speak for others when you say.

Most of the logical people on this forum are just tired of his relentless posts about useless things or his attempts to show himself as something great when it's all infact just cash. Very few on this forum actually hate cashers because of their cashing, the rest are just against their general attitude.
    When I get more positive feedback then negative from most people as shown on the forums, youtube comments, and blog comments.

Leave a comment:

• winlord
    replied
    There you go again, love speaking on behalf of "Most of the logical people". Didn't realize someone elected you ... :P. And most of my last posts have been guides / trying to get the community to share some info with eachother (but i guess thats "showing off"...)

IE. Casting Runes in Sylph form or Tank Trails Guild
    Yep, it feels to me like showing off or simply a useless post, like most of your posts and threads.
    Elected me for what? being logical? there's no election needed for that, it's easily seen when reading one's post.

Leave a comment:

• Jackos24
    replied
    Hate whoever the new big casher is? Are you that thick? Most of the logical people on this forum are just tired of his relentless posts about useless things or his attempts to show himself as something great when it's all infact just cash. Very few on this forum actually hate cashers because of their cashing, the rest are just against their general attitude.
    There you go again, love speaking on behalf of "Most of the logical people". Didn't realize someone elected you ... :P. And most of my last posts have been guides / trying to get the community to share some info with eachother (but i guess thats "showing off"...)

IE. Casting Runes in Sylph form or Tank's Guide
    Last edited by Jackos24; 02-08-2014, 02:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• winlord
    replied
    Lol. Classic response. So I'm a fanboy am I? I guess that's because I don't abjectly hate on people like you do? Here's a concept, try to look beyond your own cynicism and realize that maybe...just maybe...there are people out there who want to see these forums become a means for people to post what they are proud of. That includes everyone from non-cashers to Mega cashers. This place is so full of of pathetic pessimists, cynics, critics and trolls it's amazing. I applaud Jacko's enthusiasm for this game and his desire to create videos. You choose to hate on whoever the new big casher is which is ultimately your right but it also adds nothing constructive to the conversation and is therefore pointless.

Leave a comment:

• FarrelBrown
    replied
    Originally posted by mageheal50 View Post
    What's wrong being a fanboy, fanboy?
    URBAN DICTIONARY:

Fanboy - A passionate fan of various elements of geek culture (e.g. sci-fi, comics, Star Wars, video games, anime, hobbits, Magic: the Gathering, etc.), but who lets his passion override social graces.
    ex - At the mall I almost got mowed over by some Dragonball Z fanboy on his skateboard.

As this shows, and anyone who has any tiny bit of exposure to modern society knows, the term fanboy generally carries a negative connotation. Which, of course, makes it a very commonly used insult for people who otherwise have no ability to present a coherent point in a debate or argument. In the context which it was used for this instance ancev insinuates that I am infatuated with Jacko and therefore incapable of accepting anyone "bad mouthing" him. In fact I generally dislike people who spout pointless, nonconstructive babble.

In the context of your use of it...well you are just trolling so it really doesn't matter...

Leave a comment:

• mageheal50
    replied
    So I'm a fanboy am I?
    What's wrong being a fanboy, fanboy?

Leave a comment:

• FarrelBrown
    replied
    Originally posted by ancev View Post
    OK fanboy, chill.
    Lol. Classic response. So I'm a fanboy am I? I guess that's because I don't abjectly hate on people like you do? Here's a concept, try to look beyond your own cynicism and realize that maybe...just maybe...there are people out there who want to see these forums become a means for people to post what they are proud of. That includes everyone from non-cashers to Mega cashers. This place is so full of of pathetic pessimists, cynics, critics and trolls it's amazing. I applaud Jacko's enthusiasm for this game and his desire to create videos. You choose to hate on whoever the new big casher is which is ultimately your right but it also adds nothing constructive to the conversation and is therefore pointless.

Leave a comment:

• ancev
    replied
    Why does it have to be a race between anyone? Maybe it's just about personal goals. Jacko has posted a video of his group showing a "speed run" of these 3 activities and thus created a thread for others to do the same should they choose. There is literally no difference between this and the "Show your Mage/Archer/Knight" threads. It is a way for people to showcase accomplishments that they are proud of and maybe get some advice from other players on how to improve. Maybe people should stop jumping all over every thread Jacko puts up and shouting "YOU CASH THIS THREAD IS POINTLESS!!". Of course that's not going to happen because the people who do it quite literally have nothing better to do with their lives...
    OK fanboy, chill.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X