should archer get block astral?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darrylch View Post
    So were you comparing GA with block or illusion? I assume illusion since you said 1 dmg. Well, in my case GA would still help more than illusion. Or if you could just use both.
    I was talking about 3 of them. Reducing crit rate with chance doesn't add anything special when they're still dealing dmg. Blocking; you get your dmg reduced more than when they just didnt crit. Dodging and receiving 1 dmg is better than a chance of doing a regular base dmg...... So again how is reducing crit rate and dodge any better than having illusion + block?

On the other note, most high cashers use deflect so GA again doesnt say much...
    Last edited by R24675921; 02-11-2014, 03:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by R24675921 View Post
      I was talking about 3 of them. Reducing crit rate with chance doesn't add anything special when they're still dealing dmg. Blocking; you get your dmg reduced more than when they just didnt crit. Dodging and receiving 1 dmg is better than a chance of doing a regular base dmg...... So again how is reducing crit rate and dodge any better than having illusion + dodge?

I'm well aware of how much does a 16% illu procs compare to GA's crit reduce. I'd rather rely on GA's higher % chance to proc which half their dmg w/o crit than illu's 16% which rarely happens. Like anata friend, i have a guildie using lv9 for a long time which also don't proc much. Well.. everyone have their own preference. Just use which you think works best for you.

Comment

I was talking about 3 of them. Reducing crit rate with chance doesn't add anything special when they're still dealing dmg. Blocking; you get your dmg reduced more than when they just didnt crit. Dodging and receiving 1 dmg is better than a chance of doing a regular base dmg...... So again how is reducing crit rate and dodge any better than having illusion + dodge?

Block is very difficult for archers to maintain at high lvls because the amount you need increases with your BR(same as crit). You need to sacrifice other stats to achieve a decent block rate. I would rather use GA(max lvl 50% chance), Illusion(max 20%), or deflection(flat 10%).

Comment

Originally posted by darrylch View Post
          I'm well aware of how much does a 16% illu procs compare to GA's crit reduce. I'd rather rely on GA's higher % chance to proc which half their dmg w/o crit than illu's 16% which rarely happens. Like anata friend, i have a guildie using lv9 for a long time which also don't proc much. Well.. everyone have their own preference. Just use which you think works best for you.
          In any event, they're all chances; when it comes to wartune, I believe all their % rate and chances are **** up. I have a very bad experience with GA and very much prefer block and illusion, as it helps me more in mpd and pvp; as I do not like to save up astrals and having to swap them, I don't do enough wb or cash enough to get enough astrals to where I want them.

Comment

Originally posted by ZSleepingDragonZ View Post
            Block is very difficult for archers to maintain at high lvls because the amount you need increases with your BR(same as crit). You need to sacrifice other stats to achieve a decent block rate. I would rather use GA(max lvl 50% chance), Illusion(max 20%), or deflection(flat 10%).
            \

How do you even know GA is 50% chance? I have 2.5k block and am blocking just fine......

Comment

\

How do you even know GA is 50% chance? I have 2.5k block and am blocking just fine......
              5% each level, level 10 GA astral = 50% chance.

Other than the Holy Enshieldment astral which gives you about 2k block at level 7, everywhere else you gain block by sacrificing other stats. No such problem with GA.
              Oh, and you don't heal on successful blocks like a knight, just 30% in reduced damage.

It's a toss up between GA vs Illusion vs Deflection, but I would choose those 3 above block as an archer.
              Last edited by ZSleepingDragonZ; 02-11-2014, 04:40 AM.

Comment

5% each level, level 10 GA astral = 50% chance.
                Let me explain it to you again, I must be too stupid to know what this means:
                Enhanced Guardian Angel(astral) - "CHANCE" of receiving crit reduced by -x %.

It clearly states you have a "CHANCE" of getting it reduced "ONLY". It does not imply that you will get 50% chance reduced instantly.... I must be too stupid to understand their typo?

Other than the Holy Enshieldment astral which gives you about 2k block at level 7, everywhere else you gain block by sacrificing other stats. No such problem with GA.
                Oh, and you don't heal on successful blocks like a knight, just 30% in reduced damage.

It's a toss up between GA vs Illusion vs Deflection, but I would choose those 3 above block.
                That's your choice, but I don't care about healing while blocking, I care more about everything i can do without having to swap out astrals for pvp and mpd. I still find it more effective with block no matter what anyone says and everyones got their own opinions.
                Last edited by R24675921; 02-11-2014, 04:45 AM.

Comment

It clearly states you have a "CHANCE" of getting it reduced "ONLY". It does not imply that you will get 50% chance reduced instantly.... I must be too stupid to understand their typo?

That's your choice, but I don't care about healing while blocking, I care more about everything i can do without having to swap out astrals for pvp and mpd. I still find it more effective with block no matter what anyone says and everyones got their own opinions.
                  What's so hard to understand? If you have a level 10 GA astral, it's 50% less likely your opponent will land a crit on you.

What you use is up to you, no one is advising you. We're just giving our opinions to the topic creator, not you.
                  Last edited by ZSleepingDragonZ; 02-11-2014, 04:50 AM.

Comment

What's so hard to understand? If you have a level 10 GA astral, it's 50% less likely your opponent will land a crit on you.
                    Guess you really don't understand what chance means....... I'll ignore, as there is no point in explaining any further.....

Comment

they are talking about the chance that ur enemy crits you. it depends on their crit value (and probably some other stuff like lvl, br ...) the astral says that this chance (whatever it is) gets reduced by 5% each lvl. now lets assume your enemy has a 50% crit chance and you are using this astral at lvl 10 (-50% crit). now you could think it means 50% crit gets reduced to 0%, but thats obviously not the case (everyone who used the astral before should know).
                      what i believe is, that instead it cuts his critchance in half. in other words its not critchance - 50% but critchance * 0,5. so in this example his chance to crit would be reduced to 25%. i did some fights with and without GA against a friend and it really looked like he crit me only half as often.. but to be sure of that a lot more testing would have to be done.

Comment

Getting GA in archer CW is like bringing a knife to a gun fight, just my 2 cents.
                        IGN: AncientEvil
                        Server: EU-271+merged
                        Class: Archer
                        Getting less Evil and more Ancient every day.

Comment

Originally posted by ancev View Post
                          Getting GA in archer CW is like bringing a knife to a gun fight, just my 2 cents.
                          Wrong idiom to use here.
                          "… Stupid people do stupid things.
                          Smart people outsmart each other.
                          Then themselves! Then themselves! …"

CondorHero status: ██
                          TheGuardingDark status: ██
                          senadbasic status: ██
                          oxykotton status: ██

Comment

Originally posted by Setsuna88 View Post
                            they are talking about the chance that ur enemy crits you. it depends on their crit value (and probably some other stuff like lvl, br ...) the astral says that this chance (whatever it is) gets reduced by 5% each lvl. now lets assume your enemy has a 50% crit chance and you are using this astral at lvl 10 (-50% crit). now you could think it means 50% crit gets reduced to 0%, but thats obviously not the case (everyone who used the astral before should know).
                            what i believe is, that instead it cuts his critchance in half. in other words its not critchance - 50% but critchance * 0,5. so in this example his chance to crit would be reduced to 25%. i did some fights with and without GA against a friend and it really looked like he crit me only half as often.. but to be sure of that a lot more testing would have to be done.
                            I know what it means........ But are you reading correctly or am i reading wrong?

If it stated :
                            -x% chance of reducing crit rate, I would understand completely

BUT, it says chance of receiving crit reduced by -x%, it must mean that you have a chance of getting it reduced by -x%

For example, the rings:
                            Chance to reduce rage consumption of a skill by 50%, does it mean we have 50% chance of having rage reduced? No, it doesnt
                            Last edited by R24675921; 02-11-2014, 05:08 AM.

Comment

Guess you really don't understand what chance means....... I'll ignore, as there is no point in explaining any further.....
                              No one said it's a flat reduction, I said 50% less likely(half) your opponent will land a crit on you. So if his chance to land a crit on you is 60%, you having a max level GA astral will make his crit chance on you drop down to 30%.

Comment

I know what it means........ But are you reading correctly or am i reading wrong?

If it stated :
                                -x% chance of reducing crit rate, I would understand completely

BUT, it says chance of receiving crit reduced by -x%, it must mean that you have a chance of getting it reduced by -x%

For example, the rings:
                                Chance to reduce rage consumption of a skill by 50%, does it mean we have 50% chance of having rage reduced? No, it doesnt
                                Mind = blown

Wartune is very unclear descriptively. Highly likely your reasoning is correct now that I think about it.
                                "… Stupid people do stupid things.
                                Smart people outsmart each other.
                                Then themselves! Then themselves! …"

CondorHero status: ██
                                TheGuardingDark status: ██
                                senadbasic status: ██
                                oxykotton status: ██

Comment

Working...
                                X