should archer get block astral?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by R24675921 View Post
    Let me explain it to you again, I must be too stupid to know what this means:
    Enhanced Guardian Angel(astral) - "CHANCE" of receiving crit reduced by -x %.

It clearly states you have a "CHANCE" of getting it reduced "ONLY". It does not imply that you will get 50% chance reduced instantly.... I must be too stupid to understand their typo?
    well you misunderstood

it is "chance of receiving crit" that will be reduced.

now, let's define "chance of receiving crit". "chance of receiving crit" = 100% if enemy uses multishot. "chance of receiving crit" = 0% if enemy has EWD. "chance of receiving crit" = something, depending on a formula unknown to everyone
    Last edited by mageheal50; 02-11-2014, 05:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mageheal50 View Post
      well you misunderstood

it is "chance of receiving crit" that will be reduced.

now, let's define "chance of receiving crit". "chance of receiving crit" = 100% if enemy uses multishot. "chance of receiving crit" = 0% if enemy has EWD. "chance of receiving crit" = something, depending on a formula unknown everyone
      I certainly am sure I am not mistaken with its meaning...... English must be too hard to understand in its meanings...

Chance being introduced at start of the sentence refers to a possibility that the formula will take affect, but if the % came first before chance was introduced, it'd make a lot of sense, and in this case, it certainly does not make any sense........
      Last edited by R24675921; 02-11-2014, 05:50 AM.

Comment

I certainly am sure I am not mistaken with its meaning...... English must be too hard to understand in its meanings...

Chance being introduced at start of the sentence refers to a possibility that the formula will take affect, but if the % came first before chance was introduced, it'd make a lot of sense, and in this case, it certainly does not make any sense........
        i think i understand what u are reading, but to me it's pretty obvious they mean it in another way.
        its not a "chance to" reduce something but the "chance of receiving crit" that gets reduced.
        Last edited by Setsuna88; 02-11-2014, 06:15 AM.

Comment

it can be understood in both ways since it is very ambiguos as usually...

Comment

block + illusion is probably the best option as long as the illusion is at a high level. for class wars GA is probably better though as it will probably proc a whole lot more even though u dont see it, but 1 illlusion can nullify so much damage and block is just good for anybody. Preferably you have a Imperial Commander or Lord Divine medallion. Illusion level 8 and Block level 8 at least. I am a crit mage and I do notice a big difference in the amount of crits I receive with GA, albeit mine is purple and puny. Watching an archer delph me and fail crit = HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
            Death comes when you hear the Banshee.....

Comment

Originally posted by Setsuna88 View Post
              i think i understand what u are reading, but to me it's pretty obvious they mean it in another way.
              its not a "chance to" reduce something but the "chance of receiving crit" that gets reduced.

Chance of receiving crit = whatever percentage..... they throw their damage at you, there is a certain percentage of chance it will crit. That percentage is reduced by x%. End of story.
              Death comes when you hear the Banshee.....

Comment

why must u keep arguing for the sake of it?
                'chance of receiving crit' in ENGLISH in this phrase are together so it just mean a lower chance of getting crit.
                and it is NOT ambiguous except for maybe your standard of english, there is much more ambiguity in other phrases in the game,
                S204 royal basin (Oceanic Server)
                IGN : Neggy

Comment

Originally posted by MrPunkinHead View Post
                  Wrong idiom to use here.
                  You're an idiom
                  IGN: AncientEvil
                  Server: EU-271+merged
                  Class: Archer
                  Getting less Evil and more Ancient every day.

Comment

Do not use GA if the description is ambiguous to you. Simple as that.

Like people not using ruthlessness because the "floating damage" is ambiguous to them. LoL

Comment

Chance means it can proc or not, what we dont know is the %chance of it, maybe if it said: 10% chance to reduce -50% crit from enemy it would be more clear.

I personally use deflection + block for PVE right now, thinking on either using deflec/ilu for next cw or deflec/GA, leaning towards the first combo because not many
                      mages to crit to the CWs but we will see (im crit mage atm).

Comment

Originally posted by ancev View Post
                        You're an idiom
                        No, you're a paraphrase
                        "… Stupid people do stupid things.
                        Smart people outsmart each other.
                        Then themselves! Then themselves! …"

CondorHero status: ██
                        TheGuardingDark status: ██
                        senadbasic status: ██
                        oxykotton status: ██

Comment

Originally posted by MrPunkinHead View Post
                          No, you're a paraphrase
                          No, you're an oximoron
                          IGN: AncientEvil
                          Server: EU-271+merged
                          Class: Archer
                          Getting less Evil and more Ancient every day.

Comment

Originally posted by ancev View Post
                            No, you're an oximoron
                            Oh yeah?!
                            Well ...
                            You spell funny

Comment

Why do you guys even talk about using guardian angel? Correct me if im wrong or my english must be broken, but it clearly says "CHANCE of recieving crit reduced by -x%(amount)". Clearly it does not state it being an instant impact.
                              Yea its -x% chance of receiving critical dmg not "chance to reduce received dmg by x%". You do not nerf enemy dmg, but his critical rate and its basis value.
                              If your oponnet has 50% chance to put critical dmg on you, you can lower it for example by 40% (with lvl 8 astral), so in the end he will have 20% chance.
                              In long battles and especially against critical users, this astral is very good, and very underestimated by many players.
                              The naked thruth is the fact, that most of the archers takes block or hp astral just for BR stat - "best indicator of strenght" )...

Comment

Originally posted by TAYNIAK View Post
                                Yea its -x% chance of receiving critical dmg not "chance to reduce received dmg by x%". You do not nerf enemy dmg, but his critical rate and its basis value.
                                If your oponnet has 50% chance to put critical dmg on you, you can lower it for example by 40% (with lvl 8 astral), so in the end he will have 20% chance.
                                In long battles and especially against critical users, this astral is very good, and very underestimated by many players.
                                The naked thruth is the fact, that most of the archers takes block or hp astral just for BR stat - "best indicator of strenght" )...
                                He wasn't implying that at all...
                                If you actually read his posts he stated there was a chance to reduce the critical rate by x% amount.

Also 40% reduction of 50 would be 30. L2Fraction.
                                He's saying that the description being used would imply that there is a trigger for the astral to work. So there's a chance to reduce an opponent's critical rate by 40%.

Comment

Working...
                                X