Whats the best way to build a knight ??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kane24uk
    started a topic Whats the best way to build a knight ??

Whats the best way to build a knight ??

Hi all

Have been looking around the forums for abit now, and i keep reading different things about knights. i.e to crit or not to crit, which astrals and sylph to use.

So some main questions really !

1 = Do knights need crit gems ? And best gems to have ?

2 = Best Astral setup once your past lvl 40

3 = Iris, Pan, Gaia or Amazon

4 = Best Stats to refine

5 = More pdef, mdef or block

And anything else you can think of. Would be great to have lots of input from various high level knights or just people in the know

many thanks

• SirKILi
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	joe.png
Views:	1
Size:	888.2 KB
ID:	1682167

server 61 east side .. knights rule rest droll . kilivally

Leave a comment:

• Tharlyci
    replied
    Originally posted by kane24uk View Post
    Hi all

1 = Do knights need crit gems ? And best gems to have ?
    World boss wants 8 crit gems and 8 PATK gems. The crit gems can be swap gems if your normal build is will destroyer.

Unless you are intentionally slow leveling, schedule a daily catacombs run. The base stock for synthing gems is well worth the xp, unlike some other things (e.g, bounty quests' gold....)

2 = Best Astral setup once your past lvl 40
    There are not-so-powerful astral classes (Deflection, Brutality, etc.) that are mainly useful for releplaying rather than power, but generally if everything's gold or red and the basics (PATK,MDEF,PDEF, possibly HP) are covered mistakes won't matter too much. Personally, I like Golden Goddess Blessing as slot #5.

Tharlyci switched from Enhanced Illusion 6 to Golden Will Destroyer 3 as her 6th slot once her PATK got large enough (about 10k). That was the breakpoint for which one was better in solo arena. As a critical knight, Xaichazarai uses a Holy Sniper's edge as #6.

3 = Iris, Pan, Gaia or Amazon
    All of Iris (healing for spire and ToK), Gaia (best world boss sylph) and Amazon (the other *ATK boosting sylph) are good choices for the inexperienced. Pan takes more expertise to figure out how to use correctly.

4 = Best Stats to refine
    The best power secondary stats (you did remember to go for Defense, Endurance, and Strength for the first three of five) are arguably PATK followed by Block (or critical for a critical knight). Other cases can be made.

5 = More pdef, mdef or block
    You will have a much easier time if you prioritize pdef and mdef over block in the early game (L66 and earlier). Tharlyci is weak compared to an optimal power build due to her stack of 8 block gems.

Leave a comment:

• Yuri54
    replied
    LvL 70 was the key for me on my tank build knight...once I hit 70, I started working on power and offense more and now I kick butt and still take a lot of damage. I'm still flip flopping between the WD and Crit astrials...but when I hit 80, I think its going to be crit for good.

Leave a comment:

• R27355993
    replied
    1. Ability for knights to absorb damage is a big plus now that syphs are upgradble
    2. Oxy is correct, EDW for the win at the start, later go with crit with gaia
    3. Troops matter less when you lvl, but really hurt at the lower levels ..so be patient
    4. There's so many variables now, nobody can say for sure what class is better and there's no 'equal' battle between classes
    5. Knights get a bad wrap because they are certainly weaker at the start ..
    6. People will always troll knight threads since knights weakness at beginning of game is excellent fodder and they can brag how good they are etc
    7. You'll need to be patient, you'll be rewarded

Leave a comment:

• R2698171
    replied
    pretty sure 6.3k block > any of ur none sense mdef ****

Leave a comment:

• R2698171
    replied
    chinese is 100 yuan 15 usd for 700 balens. Chinese currency r more expensive

Leave a comment:

• 0xykotton
    replied
    Originally posted by mageheal50 View Post
    how strong are lvl 80 templars with lvl 60 academy skills and 200% wheel? hp/pdef

are those things not a problem for the lack of aoe of knights?
    Troops aren't as much of a problem at 70+ by then if you have amount of patk 30-35k or so. Especially if you are crit build knight you will have a much easier time dealing with troops. Plus puncture talent as high as possible you should be able to take out the troops in 2-3 hits. in the Chinese server the knights are so strong that they can one hit troops with ult slasher or one WW. Troops aren't much as a pain as they are when you are lower level. So a well built knight will be able to sustain longer in battle. He/she will still have a hard time against mages due to the weak mdef but they won't die on one shot like Kat is stating. Archers aren't a problem either as troops won't be that hard to get away and if you are a crit knight you be able to do a lot more dmg with your EDD or can possibly one hit archers with Gaia delph as well.

I never had much of a problem with archers except the godly OP casher archers. Mages are troublesome which is why I try to avoid them as much as possible. At least for now idk how the game will be later on when we get all the updates that China has. Point is though if you build a knight correctly he won't suck. He will be worse than mages and will have a hard time against mages but that's a given. Archers and other knights you go up against unless they are uber cashers shouldn't be much of a problem. Especially if you are crit knight and use gaia. Iris for GA purposes and maybe tok.

Leave a comment:

• Kingryan
    replied
    Originally posted by mageheal50 View Post
    how strong are lvl 80 templars with lvl 60 academy skills and 200% wheel? hp/pdef

A high level Puncture would make WW have low cd, so it will be spammable, just like the lunatic fire of archers.
    Anyways, with the introduction of sylph, defeating troops have been easy..
    Maybe this is the reason why still most knights use Iris, since it has a aoe delphic, as well as heal in one package, even though there is now Gaia.

Archers also only have 1 aoe skills, but then most of their skills are random and back row targets, which means it will also be hard for them to defeat knights with level 80 templas with level 60 academy skills and 200% wheel.

I just want to say that if mages and archers can have strong troops, then knights can also have strong troops. Some of those who whine about knights say that having a strong troops will be trouble for knights, when they do not think that knights with strong troops will also be a trouble for archers (and some mages)...

Leave a comment:

• mageheal50
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Kingryan
    replied
    Originally posted by kattuktk View Post
    Your post has really brought the ignorance out for everyone to see...
    1) Archers have higher crit stats and also higher crit chance thanks to their passive crit boosts so they will always crit more and harder than any knight, also their MDEF is higher than knights' so I really don't know how gaia can one shot them. FYI I have played a really OP knight with 7k(yes 7k!) crit and even he really occasionally critted, maybe 1 out of 3 turns, so it's really a big gamble.
    2) This point is just hilarious, I very rarely see any knight taking amazon queen, it's a definite loss if you take anything except gaia for the class wars, knights always take MATK sylphs.
    1. Lol. You think an little increase in defense matters if you use sylph delph? Archers have only 2-3k increase in mdef compared to knights, so they could be one-shot by knight's gaia delphic. Another thing is how to you define OP??? Is a toon with over 100k br already OP??? Duh.

2. Lol. You are blinded by your own biased imaginations. You say that "Knights ALWAYS take MATK sylphs"... Duh, I have seen lots of knights taking patk sylphs.

The reason most players get Iris (a matk sylph) is not because it is a MATK sylph, but because it has healing techniques. So basically, most knights get this matk sylph to take advantage... I do believe that if Iris is just a PATK sylph, they would also get it because of the healing techniques.. Right now, most knights still use Iris over Gaia.. (Though they use Gaia at wb for larger damage)....

To the OP: Bro take my advice and don't pick up knights, pick mages / archers( I prefer archer). Good luck with your char , leaving the thread, see you guys
    He's leaving the thread because he knows our arguments are making sense, which makes his arguments no sense at all... He even started using words like "retard", cause he do not know any more good arguments...

Leave a comment:

• t8912
    replied
    Your ignorant, play against any archer and good luck beating him now, gaia "ONE SHOTS ANY KNIGHT OF EQUAL BR" if it crits, basically all archers have to do now is to wake up gaia and use delphic, it's game over if it crits, your a newbie so you don't know it yet as you ahve never faced high level high BR archers with purple gaia
    so what? you go without troops and keep doing auto attacks and wait unless the archer awakens and delphs you? very nice "oldbie". when you gonna stop playing mage and make an archer? i am sure you will upgrade matk there too.

Leave a comment:

• 0xykotton
    replied
    To the OP: Bro take my advice and don't pick up knights, pick mages / archers( I prefer archer). Good luck with your char , leaving the thread, see you guys
    Just let people play what the hell they want to. Damn stop trolling the freaking knight threads. If you don't like knights then fine. Get out of here and stop trolling or trying to force other players not to play a class just bc you feel it sucks. yet you have no clue about anything. You only say things based off what you thihk. You don't know how strong knights can be . Especially high crit and block knights like how most people are going now and how the Chinese version is like. Again quit being a jerk and just get off these knight threads. It's a public forum and you do have a right to post what to but that doesn't give you a right to troll the forums with your garbage. Then you resort to cussing at people just because others prefer knights and have different views than you do. Such a child.

Lmao! Now you say you prefer archer? HAHAH that just shows you jump to any class that is considered "OP". I bet you anything if they updated knights in 7roads to become more Op or you really saw how OP they can be. You hop right back on the bandwagon. Since you are a class hopper that only goes for what's OP at the time. Pathetic.

No one should ever listen to this person. This is the same person that claims 55 set is better than 50 leg set. This is the same person which says he knows everything about the Chinese version yet he doesn't back up anything and just goes by what he sees in this game. I don't know much either about the Chinese version since I only played till like lvl 20 there but I don't go saying statements like they are "facts". No matter what if you disagree with this person he will say you are wrong and he is right. He thinks he some God or something.
    Last edited by 0xykotton; 02-12-2014, 12:07 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Alinshinoby
    replied
    This thread is a public thread and I can post as much *** as I want here, don't need you retards to tell me what to do, create a private thread or a group and chat as much as you want.
    we dont wanna hide from you , we want you to leave us alone. and i dont think you have any right to call us retards(srr for the used word). i dont know if mods permit or not the use of those words, but i dont think its good taste and nice to call people like that just because you disagree with em

Leave a comment:

• kattuktk
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X