Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

how block works?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how block works?

hi guys i just want to know if how block works for knight since they have this passive for block, i read from other post that archer and mage need around 3k block, and i see most top players have around 3k block only.. but for knight why they have soo much block? i see around 6-7k block?

can someone with good understanding can xplain this?
    tnx a lot

knights have a passive skill which makes them heal 4% of their max hp every time they block, so its much more valuable to them than to other classes and some knights decide to refine for block or use block gems instead of mdef or pdef. for other classes its not worth that much so most only get the block from astral and pvp medal.
    the passive skill for knights might get nerfed in a future patch to be capped a 3k hp heal so it will be less useful for high br players then.
    Last edited by Setsuna88; 02-15-2014, 06:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Setsuna88 View Post
      knights have a passive skill which makes them heal 4% of their max hp every time they block, so its much more valuable to them than to other classes and some knights decide to refine for block or use block gems instead of mdef or pdef. for other classes its not worth that much so most only get the block from astral and pvp medal.
      the passive skill for knights might get nerfed in a future patch to be capped a 3k hp heal so it will be less useful for high br players then.
      The healing part will be less useful but keep in mind block is still essentially to have since it gives dmg reduction.

Comment

Reduces up to 25% of damage recived. The probablity in % is (1-0.9995^(block value))*100.
        Last edited by R26991997; 02-16-2014, 04:30 PM.

Comment

I was wondering if knight do all refine to have block(70leg gear) all gems block lvl 8+ red astral block,LD...lets say 7000+ block does it means he will block almost every round and how much dmg would he block

also if equipped lvl 10 GA astral and knight passive does it mean crit ppl wont be able to do crits since its GA -50% chance,passive -5% chance and if jewel set passive - 10% works that is to much chance reduced and block is to much higher than critical than

block can be raised same as critical except archer where they gain passive critical but even that can be to much reduced to be much lower than block

Comment

Pretty sure block, blocks things!
            - Very helpful site for new players

Comment

Originally posted by R26991997 View Post
              Reduces up to 25% of damage recived. The probablity in % is (1-0.9995^(block value))*100.
              are u sure about it? for 3k block gives 77%? or its more like this: block chance= 0.0104(aprox) X block value
              Last edited by R236965258; 02-17-2014, 12:55 AM.

Comment

its probably like crit and depends on other values like player/enemy br or lvl too. no one knows exactly

Comment

Originally posted by Setsuna88 View Post
                  its probably like crit and depends on other values like player/enemy br or lvl too. no one knows exactly
                  i guess evry char has a certain base block rate. the additional block get increase the base block value by x %

Comment

I am pretty sure that crit, block and magnets work in a similar way.
                    IGN: AncientEvil
                    Server: EU-271+merged
                    Class: Archer
                    Getting less Evil and more Ancient every day.

Comment

Originally posted by ancev View Post
                      I am pretty sure that crit, block and magnets work in a similar way.
                      LOL. i've been wanted to say this for a long time but never found the right word.

+1
                      Originally posted by Wraithraiser
                      Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

Working...
                      X