Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Cashing and Cashers:

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by qphantom View Post
    not sure why you equate pushing the body to the limits = pushing the wallet to the limits

unless of course you allow or offer "character" enhancements like genetic modifications, steroids, and incorporate cyborgs/bionics into the olympics as "legal" (ie; legalized cheating)
    Same thing, different context. People would go for a moment of glory (via pushing their bodies to the limit) in Sports. Years later, their world record gets beaten by another athlete.
    In game, people go for a moment of glory (by pushing their wallets). Win class wars in Month #1 by spending $500000. 2 months later, someone outspent you.

Either way, you really lose.
    Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
    [No longer logging in]

Comment

• Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
      people are deluded if they think the world is fair.

Even the Olympics/sports isn't competed on fair terms. The richer nations hire topnotch coaches, gave the athletes topnotch diet with topnotch training, top class facilities + topnotch drugs.

"fair competitive spirit" my <3
      nothing is fair. The imbalance in wartune is so much bigger compared to Olympics.

Comment

• Originally posted by mageheal50 View Post
        nothing is fair. The imbalance in wartune is so much bigger compared to Olympics.
        I'm afraid you're mistaken. Have you seen India winning the Athletics?
        Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
        [No longer logging in]

Comment

pay = significant advantage/cheat

gold alchemy = gold hack
          gem "shop" = gem dupe

ie..."legalized" cheating. the fair competitive spirit is long gone
          Since when is anything in life fair?

The economics behind pay2win games is quite interesting though. Many aspects of real life is "pay2win". In most cases, people who have more money are "VIPs". They can afford nicer restaurants, bigger homes, and faster cars. People then come to the virtual world with the expectation that everyone is equal. Then along comes pay2win games where it is reflective of real life and everyone complains.

Comment

• ok now now hold on here a second. If a casher is called out for putting money into the game, it is a bad thing? If said casher points out that if said cashers didn't exist neither would the game since the lights aren't cheap in the dark corridors holding server info that is a bad response? I look at the reality of the game, cashers pay the bills by buying things now, even though they can be earned over time, the only thing the are serving is the right not to wait. There isn't a single piece of equipment, mount or other thing on this game that CAN'T be earned through hard diligent work by a non casher. Each year the events are the same, using the same pieces as the year before. So the end of the story is, Cashers keep the lights on so that everyone has a place to go and whine and complain at each other since in Real Life, most game zombies don't yell at each other, since it would involve going out in the light, and their eyes would explode and they would get instant heat stroke from the sun.
            Last edited by goordo111; 02-18-2014, 02:00 AM. Reason: sentence didn't make sense when proofed it on forum.

Comment

• Originally posted by goordo111 View Post
              There isn't a single piece of equipment, mount or other thing on this game that CAN'T be earned through hard diligent work by a non casher.
              phantom yeti, vip, spirit covenant, valentine box

Comment

• Originally posted by FarrelBrown View Post
                Most of us work extremely hard to earn a living and have chosen to spend money on our hobby because it makes us happy.
                i dunno if it makes anyone happy to spend $300 or more to get a "virtual" mount. probably more so cashing masking itself as the "competition" that drives the endless cycle. hate to see hard earned money scammed

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
                Same thing, different context. People would go for a moment of glory (via pushing their bodies to the limit) in Sports. Years later, their world record gets beaten by another athlete.
                In game, people go for a moment of glory (by pushing their wallets). Win class wars in Month #1 by spending $500000. 2 months later, someone outspent you.

Either way, you really lose.
                there's quite a distinction between the two. for starters, one garners the world's respect.

Originally posted by Tranc3motion View Post
                Since when is anything in life fair?
                not sure what's the intent or point in these kinds of obvious comments - does one ENJOY making life unfair? does one fancy being the perpetrator?

The economics behind pay2win games is quite interesting though. Many aspects of real life is "pay2win". In most cases, people who have more money are "VIPs". They can afford nicer restaurants, bigger homes, and faster cars. People then come to the virtual world with the expectation that everyone is equal. Then along comes pay2win games where it is reflective of real life and everyone complains.
                sorry, P2W as a reflection on real life is pure cow manure. don't even go there
                Last edited by qphantom; 02-18-2014, 02:29 AM.
                Wartune Tips and Guides:

Comment

• Going to add my 2 cents. I have nothing against cashers. I just think the amount of money some players spend in this game is insane. If someone spend 50$ each month to build a better toon, I can understand. But I can't understand why someone would spend 1000$ each month. It's not the fact that players cash but the amount.

About freeloading... You guys honestly think that out of the 1000$ someone spend in this game, that like 90% of it goes to better customers service, buying good servers, working on lag and fixing bugs and glitches, etc...? I mean, out of each 1000$ spent, I think maybe like 10% goes to improving the game and services, everything else is pure profit to R2.

Just saying, if you think Zebq spending 100K $ help all players getting a better gaming experience, you are dead wrong. If at least they would fix some things and constantly improve the game I could say, yes all those dollars spent help everyone. It's not the case. All those dollars spent help R2 pocket.

I mean, they could lower prices and do some 50/100$ recharge or spending events (100$ being maximum you can spend in one event) and it would be enough to have good servers and customers service. No, people spend thousands and thousands of dollars and nothing ever improve. Even if people spent 1000 times more, R2 would still give us ****. Just saying, better management and vision would be enough for R2 to make profits and make this game a lot better than what it is now. No, it's just about short term profit. Not saying it's a bad or good strategy, it's how R2 work.
                  Last edited by Eskendal; 02-18-2014, 02:32 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eskendal View Post
                    Going to add my 2 cents. I have nothing against cashers. I just think the amount of money some players spend in this game is insane. If someone spend 50$ each month to build a better toon, I can understand. But I can't understand why someone would spend 1000$ each month. It's not the fact that players cash but the amount.

About freeloading... You guys honestly think that out of the 1000$ someone spend in this game, that like 90% of it goes to better customers service, buying good servers, working on lag and fixing bugs and glitches, etc...? I mean, out of each 1000$ spent, I think maybe like 10% goes to improving the game and services, everything else is pure profit to R2.

Just saying, if you think Zebq spending 100K $ help all players getting a better gaming experience, you are dead wrong. If at least they would fix some things and constantly improve the game I could say, yes all those dollars spent help everyone. It's not the case. All those dollars spent help R2 pocket.

I mean, they could lower prices and do some 50/100$ recharge or spending events (100$ being maximum you can spend in one event) and it would be enough to have good servers and customers service. No, people spend thousands and thousands of dollars and nothing ever improve. Even if people spent 1000 times more, R2 would still give us ****. Just saying, better management and vision would be enough for R2 to make profits and make this game a lot better than what it is now. No, it's just about short term profit. Not saying it's a bad or good strategy, it's how R2 work.
                    totally agree 200% advance academy blessing. $30-50/mo understandable with unlimited cosmetic clowns
                    Wartune Tips and Guides:

Comment

sorry, P2W as a reflection on real life is pure cow manure. don't even go there
                      Prove it wrong. EVERYTHING in life is P2W. Not sure which planet you're from.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eskendal View Post
                        Going to add my 2 cents. I have nothing against cashers. I just think the amount of money some players spend in this game is insane. If someone spend 50$ each month to build a better toon, I can understand. But I can't understand why someone would spend 1000$ each month. It's not the fact that players cash but the amount.
                        This may surprise you, but $1,000 a month may be cheap to some people. $1,000 may be dinner for two or one bottle service at a club in Manhattan.

No one thinks that. It's a business. It exists to make profit, which is above cost. Most online company has a huge profit margin and anyone who has studied business/finance would know. The freeloading part is, if they make less than that high %, they would shut down the game. ie: If R2 profits less than $900 of $1,000 revenue, then the game is not good enough to continue hosting.

He's spending the money, so he can dominate other players, it's as simple as that.

The entire flash browser game industry is about short term profit. Their goal is to recover the cost of a new server within one week of launching it. You already know what this game will be like 4-6 months from now. All you need to do is look at the Chinese servers. R2 is just a supplier of WT from 7roads.

Comment

• I have nothing against cashing, but I have issues with alot of cashers, especially the big ones and their attitudes, people usually confuse the two.

Comment

• time r2 bring some new update since they wont fix bugs anyways to keep the players busy^^ . The threads on this forum getting more stupid each day.

Comment

• Originally posted by mageheal50 View Post
                              phantom yeti, vip, spirit covenant, valentine box
                              Phantom Yeti was acquirable during Novermber event (along with the Gentle mount) for non-casher... Phantom Yeti and Gentle Beast both have same amount event item to exchange... But I had chosen Gentle Beast thinking that Phantom Yeti will be free in the coming month.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tranc3motion View Post
                                This may surprise you, but $1,000 a month may be cheap to some people. $1,000 may be dinner for two or one bottle service at a club in Manhattan.

No one thinks that. It's a business. It exists to make profit, which is above cost. Most online company has a huge profit margin and anyone who has studied business/finance would know. The freeloading part is, if they make less than that high %, they would shut down the game. ie: If R2 profits less than $900 of $1,000 revenue, then the game is not good enough to continue hosting.

He's spending the money, so he can dominate other players, it's as simple as that.

The entire flash browser game industry is about short term profit. Their goal is to recover the cost of a new server within one week of launching it. You already know what this game will be like 4-6 months from now. All you need to do is look at the Chinese servers. R2 is just a supplier of WT from 7roads.
                                1. Spending 1000$ on a game or a bottle of champagne is still a luxury. I know some people earn a lot of money. But, you can't blame 95% of the players who can't understand why anyone would spend that kind of money on a game. But again, it's their money.

2. I think Wartune need free players and cashers. I know they have to make a certain profit, but, some company try to keep their customers happy by giving good services, good products etc... They think long term, not the case with R2. I just feel they give us a bad product (even if I like the game) because of that short term mentality. No maintenance in 3 weeks, 3 small updates in the last 3 months, a lot of bugs (arena button, linking items, GB list, etc...), insane prices.

3. Zebq can do what he want. I just said it's not like all the money he spent really help improve our game. We can say he help keep R2 profit high enough so we can keep playing lol. (Still they won't fix a lot of problems this game has with their profits)

4. I understand why flash browser game industry is the way it is. Internet is so unpredictable. So make as much profit as fast as you can. But, when you enjoy playing a game and you see how R2 doesn't care about their customers base, I really wonder why people keep spending/playing as much as they do. Good product and services = happy customers, happy customers = more profits. Just check how many huge cashers quit because of the way R2 treat them. Maybe they would still be playing.
                                Last edited by Eskendal; 02-18-2014, 06:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X