X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zorich View Post
    Actually, you can't per the ToS:

Chat

Rules Related to "Chat" and Interaction With Other Users. Communicating in-game with other Users and R2Games representatives by text or any other method, is an integral part of the Game and the Service and is referred to here as "Chat." When engaging in Chat, you may not:
    1) Transmit or post any content or language which, in the sole and absolute discretion of R2games, is deemed to be offensive, including without limitation content or language that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, hateful, sexually explicit, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable, nor may you use a misspelling or an alternative spelling to circumvent the content and language restrictions listed above.

It's pretty well laid out.

Also, I don't consider this bullying. I just consider it offensive and inappropriate.
    If that is the case then I'm sorry to tell you but you crack too easily, all anyone has to do is make an account and start talking ***. You see almost everyone has seen this so called "harassment" and if they were to ban everyone it would actually mean banning 90% of the people. It's just internet bullying nothing else bro, yes it "should not happen" but it "does " and you should live with it.
    Besides, you have plenty of options(assuming it's just this one guy and not a whole guild harassing you), If I was in your place I would also start talking *** just for the fun of it, if you're not that kind of a person just ignore him, you don't need to feed him your frustration, the more you get frustrated the more he will enjoys harassing you. Just stop answering at all and see him starve and look for another victim.
    Plus let me tell you that some of the so called "rules" are just there to make the rulebook look complete, they are not implemented and it happens with "every" single game out there, they have some "rules" which are never actually implemented but it just makes it look good to be there.
    Also only sexual content is not the reason why there is an age restriction on almost every game on the internet, the other reason is that above a certain age, people are expected to take any form as harassment as just a joke or to avoid it completely.

Comment

hmmm...I enjoy a good verbal debate every now and then so what I'd do is get the kid out of the way before I start any debate to avoid him picking up unhealthy language. Then I'd verbal spar the noob that attempted it and end with a verbal warning to discontinue their actions. If that person is not a heavy casher, then its easy to gather a large bunch of ppl to harass him in every way possible (steal his mines, daily plunders, attack him in gold rush, if his guild leader and officers hate his actions enough they can kick him (unless he is the guild leader, then you need to find alternatives)).
      IGN: Athena
      Guild: Warriors
      Server: S5 - Roaring Wetlands
      Class: Archer
      Difficulty Level: Noob
      BR: 176k / 180k (with block and hp astral instead of illusion and deflect =P)

Comment

They will not do a thing. We have players like that on my server and they just say they will investigate. Even if they do send someone chances are you will also be yelled at because the guy will said you were fighting with him. Best thing you can probably do is apply for the vet program so you can get someone to silence him when he acts that way.

Comment

Lol bringing that to the community what do you expect to solve your problem for u ?And I couldnt even call this problem how old are you to get offended by someone in a game lmao.Get real there`always gonna be trolls and ppl who will say **** about you but you shouldnt care after all you cant make everyone likes u xD thats illusion.

Comment

It's the internet. Learn to ignore them or don't give out such personal information to strangers.

Comment

One would think with how long the internet has been around for that the need and desire to be verbally offensive in a game would have been outgrown and be viewed as socially unacceptable. I'm an adult, I find it completely unnecessary to swear online at all. It's not like you can slip as you would when speaking (I tend to have a pretty bad mouth, time and a place for everything), because you're consciously typing out words and there's a backspace button waiting there to be used. I also find it disturbing that parents can't have their kids with them when playing a game that's suppose to be enjoyable.

It's one thing to argue and dislike people, it's another matter entirely to be verbally offensive on purpose for no reason at all. It's sad. It's sadder that the community blames the targets of the offensive chat for it. Yes, there's ways to avoid seeing it at all, but why should we have to? Why do we have to hide chats just because a child is near the computer? Isn't it our responsibility as a community to look out for each other? Why are we trying to run everyone off all the time? Perhaps instead of laughing at people who are being targeted in this way, we should stand up for them and let everyone know it's not okay, it's not what we expect to see when we sit down to play a game, and we're not going to just sit there an allow it to happen.

Games are a dime a dozen, it's the community that makes it good or bad.

Zorich, pm me your ticket number, please.
              New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

Dear Zorich,

if the player harassing you is a bigger spender, then you have no chance of getting justice.

Comment

Originally posted by mageheal50 View Post
                  Dear Zorich,

if the player harassing you is a bigger spender, then you have no chance of getting justice.
                  This statement completely nukes the argument, well said

Comment

my only thought is trying to avoid world/current chat. Most of the time I'm clicked on either guild or party, mostly to avoid the spam bantering of the young children and immature adults. and if enough people simply ignore him, hopefully he will eventually get bored and either stop or go away. for the most part i can assume any MP run you require can be filled with people from your guild alone, or asking people from your friends list privately. No the problem certainly won't go away until he goes away. But since there is likely no real solution, such as a ban, going to happen, all we can do is ignore him. He will alienate himself soon enough.

Comment

Addressing a few points.

1. It shouldn't matter who's the bigger spender or not, it's just a simple matter of existing within the guidelines of the community. However, in this case the person doing the harassment (and it's not just of me - it's anyone he can get under the skin of), is a non-VIP free player.

2. Regarding how his guild is handling it - their GM contacted me directly to get the whole story, then apologize and indicated he was going to kick the dude.

3. Having to avoid current / world chat channels is not the right solution here. Regardless of whether or not I've got friends outside the guild (I do - we have 2 guilds because of member spill over from the last merge and not enough room in one), one shouldn't be forced to avoid aspects of the game due to inappropriate behavior.

And a few quotes...

You see almost everyone has seen this so called "harassment" and if they were to ban everyone it would actually mean banning 90% of the people. It's just internet bullying nothing else bro, yes it "should not happen" but it "does " and you should live with it.
                      And that opinion is the exact reason why it flourishes. That's the exact mentality that allows people to e-bully other people to the point suicide - and let me tell you, those people aren't "living with it" anymore.

Lol bringing that to the community what do you expect to solve your problem for u ?And I couldnt even call this problem how old are you to get offended by someone in a game lmao.Get real there`always gonna be trolls and ppl who will say **** about you but you shouldnt care after all you cant make everyone likes u xD thats illusion.
                      And this is another one. Because someone will voice that it's happening, they're asking for someone to fix their problem? Why do people feel the need to join in and defend the harassment? It's like the old "boys will be boys" mentality until one of those boys winds up behind bars.

It's not about people liking me - I couldn't really care. It's about acceptable behavior in any public forum. What would you do if someone stood outside your house, in the public street with a bullhorn and shouted "[Insert Name] is a pedophile." Would one then be justified in acting because it's not just being communicated electronically? Because one's neighbors can now hear it? And one's children, asking "Daddy, what's a pedophile?" Tell me - where's the line drawn in your world?

Comment

1. It shouldn't matter who's the bigger spender or not, it's just a simple matter of existing within the guidelines of the community.
                        Donno... I wonder what'll happen if the harasser was someone with Zebq/Pipster's spending size...

what would happen? will R2 ban those guys? lol

where's the line drawn in your world?
                        my line is drawn on Game and Real Life.

Comment

I am completely sorry this is happening to you. What I would do is mute/ban the player. It is totally unacceptable behavior he is displaying.
                          It does not matter about how much money you spend or just a free player. You will still get punished for such actions. The quotes you gave about people saying "Just get over it/ignore it" are ignorant. No one deserves that kind of behavior going on.
                          @anichaos, yes, they could even ban them if they started this kind of inappropriate behavior. R2 does care for these kind of things.
                          “In beauty of face no maiden ever equaled her.
                          It was the radiance of an opium-dream - an airy and spirit-
                          lifting vision more wildly divine than the fantasies,
                          which hovered about the slumbering souls of the daughters of Delos.”

Comment

First i want to say i feel sorry for you and can understand how you must feel.

Thing is, it happens a lot and there is no, i repeat NO consequence for the other player.
                            I filed a ticket for a similar affair.

Ticket 38674 "Defamation, inpropper behaviour and lies"

This is the unacceptable (by any common sense) behavior of a player on my server against me and
                            my (18 year old) daughter. After i block this person this bully starts to tell lies to guildmates
                            and uses unacceptable language against my daughter.

In real life this would be enough for an arrest (and depending on how bad his childhood was jailtime or not)
                            In game life it doesn't do him any damage. Why?

i filed a ticket and waited a few days for an answer, nothing happened
                            i asked for a status update and got a kind of autoanswer/template answer back
                            that asked me to have patience and that it would be relayed to someone else.

12 days after filing the ticket there is still no answer.

I reason that if i dont get any answer, the bully didnt get questioned or investigated yet.
                            So as long as there is no action taken the bully will have all freedom to continue.
                            after a few weeks the ticket will be closed and no one will ever hear from it again.

and ofcourse... the bully feels proud and we are the crybaby's

And.. i have the feeling that if we ask the reallife information from this player (names, adres, birthdate, chatlogs, ip adresses)
                            we wont get it from R2 without any laywer.. so they are protected!!

Maybe we should all collect them screenshots and post them everyday on forum.. not to bully ofcourse, but to warn others

Comment

1. It shouldn't matter who's the bigger spender or not, it's just a simple matter of existing within the guidelines of the community. However, in this case the person doing the harassment (and it's not just of me - it's anyone he can get under the skin of), is a non-VIP free player.
                              This line somehow tells me that you live in a virtual ideal world, let's face it bro.. If the person is a bigger spender he would not get banned, the company can not withstand a financial loss just for your sake or to make you feel comfortable.

And that opinion is the exact reason why it flourishes. That's the exact mentality that allows people to e-bully other people to the point suicide - and let me tell you, those people aren't "living with it" anymore.
                              What do you know about e-bullying exactly?? Almost everyone who commits suicide over e-bullying is a kid who is bullied by multiple people, I played Quake live for years and people used to bully over the mic, phrases like "the world will be better without you" and "go die you sissy wimp" etc etc were heard almost every minute. People are actually meant to enjoy the frustration which the bully is experiencing, normally bullies are the ones whom everyone makes fun of. As I said earlier, unless it's a group bullying you( which can be painful) it's nothing to worry about.
                              I can't understand why you are co-relating real life bullying with e-bullying, e-bullying is impossible to stop and is not serious. If you are getting sad by just one guy bullying you then you are not setting a good example.

Comment

Working...
                              X