Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Toon Names? Offensive or Not? Violates TOS?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toon Names? Offensive or Not? Violates TOS?

Watcha all you think about these toon names, someone said they violate TOS and others say they are offensive.. Whats your opinion?

Hurts2PVP <-- rofl
    CritQueen or QueenCrit <-- meh
    LickMyCrit <-- pretty funny

What other names have you seen that are ''borderline'' ?

None of them violate the ToS or are offensive.
    Last edited by winlord; 02-20-2014, 09:03 AM.

Comment

I've seen interesting names like SickMyDuck and MadafakaJones.
      Originally posted by Wraithraiser
      Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

Who cares? In a game where words as: adult, gmt,cucumber, and some other plethora of common used english words are banned and considered offensive (to some who translated this game), who cares about one or 2 weird sylphs or toons names.
        I got used to see a guy named Naggot Figgers every day. And?....life goes on, everyone is happy.

You can add CritMyPants there too.

Comment

On my server one player used r2 in his sylphs name, within 24 hours a mod showed up and it was either you change the name or we ban you, it was pretty funny XD
          Redemption

Comment

There is a character that has 2 swastika-crosses on her name, yet, she still plays and has no issues from any mod/dev/whatever.
            My guess she isnt reported for it, yet I do find it offensive, due of the history that sign has.
            Tbh I wont bother to report it, since its just a name and not a real matter, like a bug in the game....
            âœ* S3 Worg's Lair
            âœ* Prizzly
            âœ* Knight
            âœ* Guild Queen of HERMES

Comment

Originally posted by Prizzly View Post
              There is a character that has 2 swastika-crosses on her name, yet, she still plays and has no issues from any mod/dev/whatever.
              My guess she isnt reported for it, yet I do find it offensive, due of the history that sign has.
              Tbh I wont bother to report it, since its just a name and not a real matter, like a bug in the game....
              The swastika was around long before hitler adopted it for nazi germany..infact its a religious symbol in many countries,also it was a symbol of good luck in europe,long before Adolf came along

Comment

Just so you know where this all stems from, R2VET1a on US-WEST s26, pm'd me today and forced upon me a name change.

I did ask if other names; Hurts2PVP or CritQueen and he said they were not.

But my orginal name; LickMyCrit was offensive.

Wish someone could show me where in the TOS is mentions what is offensive. The explanation I got was ''Someone complained and he had to take action.''

Does this mean if I complain about the name of Peter being used, everyone has to change there name?
                Last edited by R24034269; 02-20-2014, 03:15 PM.

Comment

a free name change?

Comment

Originally posted by R24034269 View Post
                    Just so you know where this all stems from, R@VET1a on US-WEST s26, pm'd me today and forced upon me a name change.

Wish someone could show me where in the TOS is mentions what is offensive. The explanation I got was ''Someone complained and he had to take action.''

Does this mean if I complain about the name of Peter being used, everyone has to change there name?
                    Someone on eastern server top 100 is named "Vaginos". I'm not really the kind of person to complain about that but, first time I saw
                    it, I was baffled R2 didn't take any action. Your name is far less offensive so someone will get a name change soon if R2 is coherent...
                    Last edited by Eskendal; 02-20-2014, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eskendal View Post
                      Someone on eastern server top 100 is named "Vaginos". I'm not really the kind of person to complain about that but, first time I saw
                      it, I was baffled R2 didn't take any action. Your name is far less offensive so someone will get a name change soon if R2 is coherent...
                      Vaginos is actually a surname. In Sweedish I believe it's the translation of Vaginosis, which is a medical condition, but I hardly think that should warrant it being offensive, since we're talking US East servers here.

Comment

there is a character name floating around named [something that should be reported]
                        Last edited by MemoryLane; 02-20-2014, 05:03 PM.

Comment

My pan is named BlowMyWhitsl (not enough characters available for the last e ).

Could be seen as offensive, yet the fact is pan has a whistle aka flute and yes, it is blown to play it.
                          Haven't had any grief over it yet though.

This stuff is just so plain arbitrary. If someone that cashed enough complains they'll take action, if not they'll tell you to live with it.

Comment

Originally posted by R24034269 View Post
                            Just so you know where this all stems from, R2VET1a on US-WEST s26, pm'd me today and forced upon me a name change.

Let's just be realistic about the name here. What was the original intention of the name when you created it?
                            Maybe how you interpreted the name to be is something different to what others may have interpreted to be.
                            Because of that different view of interpretation, it lead to the name being forced to change.

Under Miscellaneous of the Terms of Use:
                            MISCELLANEOUS

You may not use any name that
                            1. Belongs to another person with the intent to impersonate that person, including without limitation a “Game Master” or any other employee or agent of R2Games.
                            2. Incorporates vulgar language or which are otherwise offensive, defamatory, obscene, hateful, or racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable.
                            3. Is Comprised of gibberish (e.g., "Sdfasdf", "Jjxcmi", "Hvldrm");
                            4. You may not select as your Account Name any name that R2Games determines may cause deception or confusion
                            Using Peter as an example was terrible as it was not realistically used in other peoples' perspective. Let's use this as a real example: DigBick - Would you consider that offensive? Names like this, I wouldn't really care about to be honest. In-game issues are out of my league. Anyway, back on point - if you consider this name offensive, you would probably report it. If enough people report the name being offensive, that's when we come into play to request a name change. If you didn't find the name offensive, then there will always be others that will.

It's all about personal perspective and other peoples' point of views regarding the matter. Just because you didn't find the name offensive, it didn't prevent others from thinking it was offensive.
                            The King doesn't fall so easily boys

Comment

Originally posted by BrotherVT View Post
                              Let's just be realistic about the name here. What was the original intention of the name when you created it?
                              Maybe how you interpreted the name to be is something different to what others may have interpreted to be.
                              Because of that different view of interpretation, it lead to the name being forced to change.

Under Miscellaneous of the Terms of Use:

Using Peter as an example was terrible as it was not realistically used in other peoples' perspective. Let's use this as a real example: DigBick - Would you consider that offensive? Names like this, I wouldn't really care about to be honest. In-game issues are out of my league. Anyway, back on point - if you consider this name offensive, you would probably report it. If enough people report the name being offensive, that's when we come into play to request a name change. If you didn't find the name offensive, then there will always be others that will.

It's all about personal perspective and other peoples' point of views regarding the matter. Just because you didn't find the name offensive, it didn't prevent others from thinking it was offensive.
                              Ok, I find it BrotherVT offensive, change it NOW.

Comment

Working...
                              X