Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toon Names? Offensive or Not? Violates TOS?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by winlord View Post
    Ok, I find it BrotherVT offensive, change it NOW.
    I also find winlord offensive, you better change it too!
    The King doesn't fall so easily boys

Comment

Originally posted by BrotherVT View Post
      I also find winlord offensive, you better change it too!
      You first! do you even realize how stupid your original argument was? If it's up to personal view, ANY name can be offensive.

Comment

You first! do you even realize how stupid your original argument was? If it's up to personal view, ANY name can be offensive.
        Maybe you need to re-read what I was implying because my argument was originally for the name "LickMyCrit" and why it was offensive. Then by using "DigBick" to replace "Peter" as an example was the second point. Having quoted the Terms of Use should have made the point come through in full.
        Instead of skimming, you should fully read it.

Comment

Originally posted by BrotherVT View Post
          Maybe you need to re-read what I was implying because my argument was originally for the name "LickMyCrit" and why it was offensive. Then by using "DigBick" to replace "Peter" as an example was the second point. Having quoted the Terms of Use should have made the point come through in full.
          Instead of skimming, you should fully read it.
          I have read the whole thing before replying and I still stand by my post. You basically said that any name can be found offensive, and if it's reported multiple times, the player will be required to change it. I won't reapet my earlier statement, but I will say this: The R2Vet that came to our server to force LickMyCrit to change her name said that ONE, yes, ONE! person reported her and therefore, she has to change her name. I find that absurd.

Comment

I have read the whole thing before replying and I still stand by my post. You basically said that any name can be found offensive, and if it's reported multiple times, the player will be required to change it. I won't reapet my earlier statement, but I will say this: The R2Vet that came to our server to force LickMyCrit to change her name said that ONE, yes, ONE! person reported her and therefore, she has to change her name. I find that absurd.
            If just one then sure, I find that absurd as well. When did I state "any name"? Like I said in my previous statement that I used only LickMyCrit to argue with and not any other names besides DigBick. Even then, LickMyCrit? Who cares about that name. I don't see any reason for people to find it offensive to begin with. I've seen worse during my time here.
            Absurd from one report, indeed. How do you want to deal with it? Go deal with the support team then. My point is valid through the argument of an offensive name, not EVERY name in the world.

Comment

Oh well, being an archer and critical hits being a focus, I figured the name was witty and fun for a change.

Oh Well, if you were thinking LickMyCrit was offensive, then I guess my new name of QueenCrit is just as offensive.

I have a screenshot of the R2Vet saying the name was approved and he free changed it to be. So, now if tomorrow someone complains, I get to change my new again?

Hurts2PVP was also approved by R2Vet as an acceptable name. Now wouldn't someone find that just offensive as well; depending on your interpretation?

I do realize it's just a name and by all means I planned on changing it shortly anyways. But just seems a little over the top to force a name change on my, while on the same server we have WAY WAY more offensive names and OMG the sylph names are totally over the top.

Does this mean the other toon with my old name will also be forced to change? I know there was another toon out there with the same name... Wonders how long till that toon has to change names...
              Last edited by EsmeWeatherwax; 02-21-2014, 05:07 AM. Reason: Merge double post

Comment

Working...
              X