This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R2Games vs Proficient City

I have seen a lot of people claiming that most of the reason R2 players get screwed over is because R2Games is leasing Wartune from Proficient City. I am wondering how much of this is actually true? Who is the real bad guy here, is it R2 or Proficient City? If Proficient City is making it so that R2Games cannot give its players what they want, then why can't R2 complain to Proficient City themselves and say their players are not happy and fear they might lose a large amount of player base due to recent unlimited events changes? For the record, i do remember when that unlimited events are a fairly recent thing. It used to be you bought a chest with 1 event piece AND 1 other bonus item, then it was changed to you buy a chest with a chance to get 1 event piece, 1 other item, or rare chance to get event prize. With this chest change came the ability to offer unlimited events as to allow players a better chance to get the event prize. I personally believe though, that either R2Games or Proficient City(whoever is the true enemy of players) did not realize how many SC's and Mount whips players had saved up or could save up. So with the unlimited events, many more players were getting the event prize than expected and obviously the revenue from these event items went down a lot. This is more than likely the reason that unlimited events now do not contain event pieces.

on proficent city there is a elite club that has direct live skype chat with the proficient city devs .. to enter this club you must have a huge amount of vip points.

most in this club have lvl 80 soul engraving and pretty much maxxed out stables. they whined how unfair it was for them that these events existed so they nerfed them to not offer event bits.
    Cyanide
    Server: R2Games S230 Cross Chasm (Oceanic)
    Guild: Sicario

Comment

Originally posted by R23224943 View Post
      on proficent city there is a elite club that has direct live skype chat with the proficient city devs .. to enter this club you must have a huge amount of vip points.

most in this club have lvl 80 soul engraving and pretty much maxxed out stables. they whined how unfair it was for them that these events existed so they nerfed them to not offer event bits.
      Ok, but then my question is why would Proficient City Devs care if R2 players get these event pieces. We should have no effect on ProC players anyway correct? Surely, there is a way to offer event pieces on R2 Servers and not on ProC servers?

Comment

exactly...

this game is ruined by Heavy Cashers (which I constantly talked about over the year...)

A game that's based on P2W will always turn into **** at the end. (which I also talked about how one company did a RMAH P2W game and it shut down in less than 2 month)

Non-Cashers have no place in these type of games, because no matter what they do, they can't do anything about anything.

Everything always tilt in favor of those that spend 5000+ USD players.

Comment

They say that this is a pay to win game - this just proves it, in this case MONEY TALKS

These people who decided to rush ahead and buy everything have manage to screw up the game for every1 else - I have no disrespect for some high level players, but there are just some that are the biggest complainers and whiners i have ever seen. "I have maxed everything u cant do that in the game"

Comment

If you think bout it non to low tier cashers would move from proc to r2 if things were better here, plus the contract between r2 and proc...
            East coast archer.

Comment

Not really. The majority is moderate cashers/people who don't know how to cash. HARD cashers on any publisher are merely the 1%ers. People keep talking like they know everything when it's not even close to true. You know how likely it is that SOME casher complained, with lv80 engraving/maxed out stats/etc.... 2-3% now what's the rest? Profits. There's NON-CASHERS, completely 100% not a penny spent on anything on my server alone that have gotten lv5-10 fate, lv3 stables, and many many mounts because of these unlimited events. Now consider how much of a profit loss that is that someone got it completely for free when someone else could have bought it all? Then you consider how many people have been doing this across all servers, not just my server and you get a hefty number of people (especially when its not even just non cashers but cashers also)

I've done BG with a great majority of the cross server people/the 1%ers and can say that the chances of it being one of them are incredibly low, and all this is just tossing the blame at the player base by a greedy af company.

And like I've said before ProC lost its biggest casher recently, all the more reason to cut corners and make an attempt at bleeding every single event dry.

Comment

Originally posted by Wraithraiser View Post
                Not really. The majority is moderate cashers/people who don't know how to cash. HARD cashers on any publisher are merely the 1%ers. People keep talking like they know everything when it's not even close to true. You know how likely it is that SOME casher complained, with lv80 engraving/maxed out stats/etc.... 2-3% now what's the rest? Profits. There's NON-CASHERS, completely 100% not a penny spent on anything on my server alone that have gotten lv5-10 fate, lv3 stables, and many many mounts because of these unlimited events. Now consider how much of a profit loss that is that someone got it completely for free when someone else could have bought it all? Then you consider how many people have been doing this across all servers, not just my server and you get a hefty number of people (especially when its not even just non cashers but cashers also)

I've done BG with a great majority of the cross server people/the 1%ers and can say that the chances of it being one of them are incredibly low, and all this is just tossing the blame at the player base by a greedy af company.

And like I've said before ProC lost its biggest casher recently, all the more reason to cut corners and make an attempt at bleeding every single event dry.
                Thats exactly my point. I think someone realized just how big of a profit loss they took by allowing all these f2p players have all these event prizes for free. But noone has really answered my true question. Who is it that is really the enemy? Can R2 really not do anything to try and help us or are they just as against free players as ProC is?

Comment

Originally posted by S0ulpuncH View Post
                  Thats exactly my point. I think someone realized just how big of a profit loss they took by allowing all these f2p players have all these event prizes for free. But noone has really answered my true question. Who is it that is really the enemy? Can R2 really not do anything to try and help us or are they just as against free players as ProC is?
                  Well the way I understand it is 7road owns the game - they gave the license for distribution on the NA market to Proficient City - they made their "official version" with the WT .com address and then proceeded to distribute to other people underneath them. Here we get R2 who then distributed to kong/kabam/armor and so on.

Is ProC really in charge or are they also under 7road's control? I don't know. Really it does seem weird that R2 has 0 say in things since they do own a license of their own, but yeah can't really know without an official actually clearing it up - rest is just mere speculation.

I think the main point though is. Both ProC and R2 milk far too much cash from idiots, and I'm not even talking about the 1%ers, but also the people who have spent massive amounts yet don't even have the BR to show for it. Using the VEC as an example I am a part of it, and even though I'm still far off from the 10k vip points mark there are people, on my server and in cross server events I've seen that have had EC membership (and 10k++++) vip points for a far longer time. It's people that spend without knowing and those that spend without caring that lines the pockets of both ProC and R2, so in the end why cater to people that can get free stuff when they can just hope some other idiot comes along that doesn't know/care how they spend their money and gets everything the same free/low casher could have gotten.

Comment

Well the way I understand it is 7road owns the game - they gave the license for distribution on the NA market to Proficient City - they made their "official version" with the WT .com address and then proceeded to distribute to other people underneath them. Here we get R2 who then distributed to kong/kabam/armor and so on.

Is ProC really in charge or are they also under 7road's control? I don't know. Really it does seem weird that R2 has 0 say in things since they do own a license of their own, but yeah can't really know without an official actually clearing it up - rest is just mere speculation.

I think the main point though is. Both ProC and R2 milk far too much cash from idiots, and I'm not even talking about the 1%ers, but also the people who have spent massive amounts yet don't even have the BR to show for it. Using the VEC as an example I am a part of it, and even though I'm still far off from the 10k vip points mark there are people, on my server and in cross server events I've seen that have had EC membership (and 10k++++) vip points for a far longer time. It's people that spend without knowing and those that spend without caring that lines the pockets of both ProC and R2, so in the end why cater to people that can get free stuff when they can just hope some other idiot comes along that doesn't know/care how they spend their money and gets everything the same free/low casher could have gotten.
                    What I think would be a good idea is that they could keep the SC/Whip events that still give the exchange items, but the amount of the exchange item is lowered or the thing to get it is increased. I just don't want it to go away completely.
                    Blood red, pale skin,
                    Moonlight draw me in.
                    Quench my thrist,
                    Coursing veins.
                    Let me body feel no pain...♥

Comment

Originally posted by LadyNephthys View Post
                      What I think would be a good idea is that they could keep the SC/Whip events that still give the exchange items, but the amount of the exchange item is lowered or the thing to get it is increased. I just don't want it to go away completely.
                      Well after a few months they might bring it back. Like many have said we didn't even have these kinds of events in the past, we went from NO events to limited events to unlimited events; now in a stage of unlimited no event piece events, after that cycle might repeat back to no events whatsoever and so on and so forth.

Right now many are complaining and it's mere speculation based on one SC and one whip event. Let's actually see how next few events go before we get the lynch mobs rioting lol

Comment

Well after a few months they might bring it back. Like many have said we didn't even have these kinds of events in the past, we went from NO events to limited events to unlimited events; now in a stage of unlimited no event piece events, after that cycle might repeat back to no events whatsoever and so on and so forth.

Right now many are complaining and it's mere speculation based on one SC and one whip event. Let's actually see how next few events go before we get the lynch mobs rioting lol
                        If they bring back unlimited events with event items, it probably won't be based in whips or sc.

Comment

That is not true, we had unlimited whip events already in Dec 2012 when I first started. it was a whip event and i got a mount 1 day after the event was released because i just turned 40 and didn't spend any of my whips yet.

Comment

wow ** them, so its ok for them to use those events until lvl 80 soul engraving but everyone else isnt allowed to? and they call that unfair? *** them

Comment

Haven't spend a penny on this game after getting a pair of wings & a set of clothing on sale back when I started playing.

Most of the other stuffs I bought were using bound balens.

IMO, no point wasting anymore money on wartune since there's no way you can compete with those heavy cashers without spending thousands of dollars.

Comment

Working...
                              X