Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Limit the amount of tries to take part in events, and do away with the timeslots.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Limit the amount of tries to take part in events, and do away with the timeslots.

What I mean here is make all events(or most events) all day long. However, to stop exploitation of these events limit amount of times you can do it per day. This will allow everyone from any country to par take in all events with out being forced to be here at xx time to compete in it. People are working and right now is the school year. I can understand the limits due to the programing and you may not actually be able to do this. However, if you can not make these events run all day then add a bit more time slots for the events and limit the xx times you can do it per day then. I seen you did that with adding another arena time. So I know that is possible. Here are some examples.

World boss times. Make it so there are 9 World bosses through out the day,and limit the times you can partake in world boss to 3x per day 1x per boss. That way people can still only do 3 world bosses but are not able to exploit it.

Arena should be 24/7 or at least 12hrs per day. Either at day or night and insignias gained should be limited to say 200 a day. Another thing you can do is put another stamina feature for arena only(say 500) and have it tick down 10 or 15 each match you do. Once the stamina is gone you are unable to reap any awards. This will allow everyone to attend arena and not be able to take advantage. This will also allow balance so everyone gets the same amount of insignias per day. No one will be able to go higher than the set limit you put it on.

Battlegrounds same as arena and just put a limit on how much honor, points, treasure pieces you are able to get per day.

So as I already stated putting limits on the amount of times you can partake in events, or putting limits on how much rewards you can earn per day will allow everyone to attend them. I don't see a point in time slots for events since it forces the casual players to not do anything at there own times. It basically forces players to want to skip work/school so they can do these events as well. A game shouldn't force players out or in events as they should be available to everyone.

I can understand special few times awards received events like the things you have on the forum. Just don't understand the time slots for things that are permanently implemented in the game. In fact I don't really call these events as events are things that don't happen that often. These are the main features of the game and permanently implemented in it. So by these being the main features that players look forward to no one should be forced to be here at xx time to do these events.
    Last edited by Oxykotton; 09-14-2012, 12:22 PM.

i love this one but the problem is how to gather people to join that stuff?

Comment

+1 i support this. For example, its impossible for me to play Battleground because it starts at 5 AM my time. which means that i can never ever get lvl 45 PVP gear. which will make me get behind everyone else, even get dominated by people with that gear.

Comment

Bump! People need to read my suggestion. This is to help everyone out and devs really should look into something like this. We all have lives we can not be on this game 24/7. Not to mention people like to play other games as well and don't want to be forced into being on xx time to meet the time of the event. Do away with the time slots and just add limitations with most if not all events. Please take this into consideration. Remember the casual players and the players who are not in the same timezones.

Comment

bump bump bump

Comment

Lol dont keep bumping, youre gonna get in trouble by MemoryLane :P

Comment

Right. Bumping will lead to the thread being locked.

Open joining as opposed to set times won't work for any event that involves teams, fighting live people, or rewards for top people. There has to be some limits to that so that rewards are as fair as possible and so that you actually have people to play with/against.
              New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

this game is really killing me literally, the battlegrounds in my time is 4am the devs said that there will be two timeslot for arena, how about for the battleground? 4am is the battleground for us asians,

About the 2 timeslot but half reward, i would like to suggest that you can only enter arena 1 time per day with same reward, because it will be time consuming in our part specially for those who have work if there will be 2 arena time but half rewards.

for my concern, i would like to suggest to have 2 battleground time, you can place a timeslot for battleground before the arena starts, the arena time for asian players is 9pm so that will be perfect.

P.S
                my server is Worg Lair (GMT)
                Last edited by JamesXIV; 09-14-2012, 10:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesXIV View Post
                  About the 2 timeslot but half reward, i would like to suggest that you can only enter arena 1 time per day with same reward, because it will be time consuming in our part specially for those who have work if there will be 2 arena time but half rewards.
                  Stormaggedon already said they weren't able to do that right now. Game is still new, so give it time and things will change as needed.

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Comment

Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post
                    Stormaggedon already said they weren't able to do that right now. Game is still new, so give it time and things will change as needed.
                    yeah, by that time ill be dead

Comment

Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post
                      Right. Bumping will lead to the thread being locked.

Open joining as opposed to set times won't work for any event that involves teams, fighting live people, or rewards for top people. There has to be some limits to that so that rewards are as fair as possible and so that you actually have people to play with/against.
                      Hello. I am not sure if you read my thread correctly. Ofc I know there has to be limits. Which is why I stated limits on rewards. We do not need timeslots just limits on rewards. Put a limit on how many insignas, honor, etc and after you reach that limit you can't get anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Oxykotton View Post
                        Hello. I am not sure if you read my thread correctly. Ofc I know there has to be limits. Which is why I stated limits on rewards. We do not need timeslots just limits on rewards. Put a limit on how many insignas, honor, etc and after you reach that limit you can't get anymore.
                        I read it. If you read the thread about the second arena time that's coming soon, you'll see how the community feels about reduced rewards for splitting up the times of events.

Point I was trying to make is, when you have multiplayer events, it needs to be at a set time. Using the arena as an example, letting everyone pick what time they enter means less teams to match up with. There also may be times were you are waiting minutes instead of seconds for a new match. People trying to fit in arena time during a world boss, since they did their world boss attempts already, may find themselves waiting the entire boss fight until there's a new match. It will just lead to people complaining about how long it takes to get the maximum reward. Not even going to mention that having a maximum daily reward means there would be zero point to competition in the arena. Might as well just make the fights be against npcs at that point.

Battlegrounds are a team versus team event. Letting people in whenever they wish means there will rarely be a full team, or people who enter will need to sit and wait however long it takes to make a full team.

I understand what you are trying to suggest, and in theory it sounds like a good idea. However, in practice, it won't work as you think it will. It will be like trying to complete dungeon runs after everyone you know has already done them.

Comment

Working...
                        X