Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Gaia Or Hades

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with zorich, hades is not that great but his upgraded form aegis. Aegis's skills are very nice but until then....

Comment

personally i prefer gaia she ahs huge atk for a mage....but lack of aoe is bad...
      Check out my awesome guide

715k br sorcerer
      17k dodge 15k hit
      Claw 400k
      Ner 160k
      ac 130k
      valk 130k
      djinni 70k
      serrin lvl 70 160k br
      Blazing arrow/sands of time /Flame dash
      Beat pisces hell yea 3/24/15 1:25pm

Comment

Smart players will make dark sylph win over amazon every time. Damage while healing yourself is something amazon cannot do. Destroying the opponents ability to heal right, and taking Sunto out of the picture is all things that make lack of damage not as important.

Comment

Originally posted by IcarS69 View Post
          Smart players will make dark sylph win over amazon every time. Damage while healing yourself is something amazon cannot do. Destroying the opponents ability to heal right, and taking Sunto out of the picture is all things that make lack of damage not as important.
          Smart and RICH players, for a non-casher(from now on) like me, I'll stick with Amazon Queen.

Comment

Originally posted by Zorich View Post
            You're talking about what R2 might give us 6-8 months from now. I'm talking about the immediate future with Hades being available this week. Until Sylph Evolution comes out, AQ will be the best pet for a Mage in CW.

Why go crazy now spending hundreds of $ to get the Hades when we all know that it will be available far cheaper in the future, and won't really come into it's own for another 6 months when/if we get Sylph Evolution.
            Same reasons people waste $500 for a wing that has a valvue of $20 and it lvl 1...
            Same resons they also waste hundreds on the special clothing which will be obtained all 3 for 899 balens.
            There's brains..and...there's excessive spending...

I...I love you like a love song baby...
            I.. I love you like a love song baby...
            I...I love you like a love song baby...
            And I keep hitting repe-pe-pe-pe-peat.
            :o:o:o:o

Comment

Originally posted by IcarS69 View Post
              You're not aware of the Evolved AQ (Cerebus) are you? Everyone is basing the strength of Hades + Aegis vs. that of just the AQ. Here's the AQ Evolved skills:

Magma Eater
              CD: 15s
              Effect: Causes 265%+700 physical fire damage to all front-row enemies, and reduces targets' physical defense by 10%.

Burning Flame
              CD: 8s
              Effect: Causes 225%+875 physical fire damage to a single random enemy, and target loses 2% of total HP per round. Maximum of 8000 HP, lasts 3 rounds, effects can stack.

Styx Song
              CD: 60s
              Effect: Consumes 500 Awakening points. Restores 15% of total HP, and increases damage dealt by 15%, lasts 3 rounds.

Not only does the Cerebus and Aegis have the same self-targeted Heal of 15%, but the AQ gets a boost of +15% Damage as well, while the Aegis gets a useless Slow that doesn't work on players. Again - A win for the AQ/Cerebus.

Now you also mention Dispelling Sunto and the Healing Debuff. Yeah, those are nice - but NOT suited to class wars. The match is very often over with the victor still in their Awakened form having dealt obscene damage. If you're giving me an extra round to hit you with a 220% + attack at 50% Damage just to get rid of a Sunto, you're not playing it right.

The Hades / Aegis will have a moderately higher BR (Just as the Apollo does over Gaia), but it's not so much that it invalidates the significantly superior attack numbers the AQ / Cerebus has, not to mention the damage buffs and enemy debuffs.

Comment

i dont know if anyone has mentioned.... but resistances come into play here. Well.... Hades has awesome resistances to well everything it seems even apollo. So could be contender. Guess we shall see at coming CW

Comment

Originally posted by chrisarnold94 View Post
                  i dont know if anyone has mentioned.... but resistances come into play here. Well.... Hades has awesome resistances to well everything it seems even apollo. So could be contender. Guess we shall see at coming CW
                  You are correct, but no one seems to know what the Resists mean at this point. There's a lot of speculation, but nothing seems reasonable: For example:

Gaia Resistances are Fire (25), Wind (-85), Water (55), Elec (125), Dark (-45), Light (-45)

So it seems pretty reasonable that the Gaia will be more vulnerable to Wind, Dark and Light, with a lesser resistance to Fire, better Resistance to Water and High Resistance to Electricity (her own type). Now some are arguing that there are % reductions / increases which I just cannot possibly see as being true. A 125% Resistance means taking 0 Damage no matter what. Period.

But here's the interesting part, Dark has a Dark resist of 55, and Fire resist of 25. So Fire will do more of it's base damage to a Dark Sylph than a Dark will do to a Dark . Fire does have a Negative Resist to Dark, but until we know what those numbers represent, there's no way of telling if it's going to make any significant impact on Awakening Damage - or if it's just a Sylph Arena thing...

Comment

he didnt mention aegis skill.

You're not aware of the Evolved AQ (Cerebus) are you? Everyone is basing the strength of Hades + Aegis vs. that of just the AQ. Here's the AQ Evolved skills:

Magma Eater
                    CD: 15s
                    Effect: Causes 265%+700 physical fire damage to all front-row enemies, and reduces targets' physical defense by 10%.

Burning Flame
                    CD: 8s
                    Effect: Causes 225%+875 physical fire damage to a single random enemy, and target loses 2% of total HP per round. Maximum of 8000 HP, lasts 3 rounds, effects can stack.

Styx Song
                    CD: 60s
                    Effect: Consumes 500 Awakening points. Restores 15% of total HP, and increases damage dealt by 15%, lasts 3 rounds.

Not only does the Cerebus and Aegis have the same self-targeted Heal of 15%, but the AQ gets a boost of +15% Damage as well, while the Aegis gets a useless Slow that doesn't work on players. Again - A win for the AQ/Cerebus.

Now you also mention Dispelling Sunto and the Healing Debuff. Yeah, those are nice - but NOT suited to class wars. The match is very often over with the victor still in their Awakened form having dealt obscene damage. If you're giving me an extra round to hit you with a 220% + attack at 50% Damage just to get rid of a Sunto, you're not playing it right.

The Hades / Aegis will have a moderately higher BR (Just as the Apollo does over Gaia), but it's not so much that it invalidates the significantly superior attack numbers the AQ / Cerebus has, not to mention the damage buffs and enemy debuffs.
                    You're talking about what R2 might give us 6-8 months from now. I'm talking about the immediate future with Hades being available this week. Until Sylph Evolution comes out, AQ will be the best pet for a Mage in CW.

Why go crazy now spending hundreds of $ to get the Hades when we all know that it will be available far cheaper in the future, and won't really come into it's own for another 6 months when/if we get Sylph Evolution.
                    you made me confused
                    Last edited by ball0n; 03-03-2014, 05:40 PM.
                    Server: East Coast Server 300+
                    Class: Mage
                    Level: 70+
                    Battle Rating: 90+k
                    Honor: Lord Divine

Comment

Originally posted by R226935530 View Post
                      evolved apollo /athena is strongest tank , hades /aegis is more on damage just look passives and skills. archer vs archer with hades very strong . evovled hades /aegis will have a skill what can drop attack of enemy by 30% and another skill drop hp by 30% with 50% chance that will be huge. So archer with hades/aegis good against mage and other archer in my opinion. Plus u got 1 good aoe delphic for gb or group arena /crosserver gb later and with aegis get another aoe with aoe debuff drop attack by 30%. So sure hades also good for archer. Just depends what u prefer most. But since gaia/hercules good in all aspects for archer i pick it for myself as main sylph.
                      Pft...more patk against a class that focuses more on pdef than mdef during cw? few archers choose to boost their mdef more than their pdef in case you didn't know since boosting mdef just to fight against 1/3 of the char po pu lation is just bad investment. Against classes who tend to build more on pdef and lag behind on their mdef, its always better to get matk. Gaia/Apollo or me the evolved apollo =P (just kidding), but these 2 sylphs remain the most useful out of the bunch of sylphs. Hades/AQ only gd for mages in CW and pretty much useless elsewhere.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]74999[/ATTACH]

and just see top archer with evolved amazon queen /cheberus. Also see one 400k + br archer with evovled pan so what u say to that.
                      You should've posted a screenshot of that person's ranking as well as the top few players and their sylphs. Just because there's one or 2 exception doesn't automatically make them good choices as sylphs. There are always few reasons for exceptions. Mega cashers who just somehow like those sylphs and prefer to use them and still survive since they can make their char so strong that the sylph's dmg will be equally painful since its based on a player's strength. Another reason will be they're intellectually challenged and choose to get a sylph that gives more patk because they believe aside from being able to kill paper mages easier, they'll somehow overcome the high pdef of archer and knights only to find out they're adding 19k patk to their 30 - 40k patk against an opponent with 30+k pdef instead of getting 19k matk boosted by their 30 - 40k patk converted to matk vs that same player's 20k mdef. Wonder which gap will deal more dmg in a fight and considering the 2nd situation will generally happen 67% of the time based on statistical probability....last reason I could think of is that they're so skilled with those exceptional sylphs that they can somehow defeat a heavier casher than them based on their skills (which I highly doubt this to be the case).

hmm....your theory is to spend all ur limited resources to boost AQ more until we get evolution and then switch to hades and then try to somehow upgrade it with mahra and sepulchrums that you didn't save up since they were spent on AQ while waiting for evolution.

Then there are the long term planner theory which is to spend more to get it now (may not cost much if u have luck since the 39 balen chest has chance to drop the same thing which u need 480 event pieces to exchange for), save $$$ till evolution by not spending and just using limited resources to get mahra n sepulchrum to strengthen their hades. Once evolution is unlocked, they'll have a strong hades vs converters with weak hades and evolved hades will be staying around for a long time after that.

Just cause you want to win in the 6 - 8 mths as u mentioned, u'll choose to forgo your winnings and move to the bottom of the ladder until u get bored of losing and quit or spend more to overcome the weakness. But of course, there's also no guarantee u'll even be playing this game 8 months from now. So in fact, it all depends on what kind of player and situation u find urself in. If you want to spend less and tend to stay long term in a game, there's no harm in trying ur luck with a few chests now to get it cheap and if you didn't get it, hope a future event will drop it for cheaper. Then spend all ur limited resources on hades (unless u plan to stick with AQ all the way). If ur the short term player, just stick with AQ. Its 100% cheaper and u'll be winning till u quit.
                      IGN: Athena
                      Guild: Warriors
                      Server: S5 - Roaring Wetlands
                      Class: Archer
                      Difficulty Level: Noob
                      BR: 176k / 180k (with block and hp astral instead of illusion and deflect =P)

Comment

evovled hades (aegis) gonna be very strong in all aspects of pvp not because its pattack but because of the skills. Ok archer will have at most about 10k more pdef then mdef u see it in cn version to with 400k + br archers. And if they got 600k hp as on the screenshot i posted and aegis can drop hp by 30% well guess what u can drop his hp by 180k for 3 rounds how huge is that? he will only have 420k of 600k hp + u got a skill reduce his attack by 30%. ok if other archer take gaia he get matk but that gets reduced by 30%. Now who is gonna deal more damage patack aegis or matck hercules with 30% reduced hp and attack.

Comment

I can imagine many pip who dream of dark sylph will come back to forum to complain how weak it is , people always afraid to face the fact that chinese players already show us which sylph is most useful/powerful by checking their leaderboard.

Monkey King [S3] US EAST
                          Character Name: Ghang

Wartune [S67] US EAST
                          Character Name: Halifax

Comment

Originally posted by Halifax View Post
                            I can imagine many pip who dream of dark sylph will come back to forum to complain how weak it is , people always afraid to face the fact that chinese players already show us which sylph is most useful/powerful by checking their leaderboard.
                            ye would be good if u check lol. Just cause alot have gaia equipped it does not mean they use it in pvp evrywhere. I see alot top players if u look on different servers in sylph rankings they have 2 or 3 different evolved sylphs all max stats.

However im only going with gaia as main sylph since i by no means can afford upgrading multiple sylphs. And fact is the sylphs start to shine once u got them on max br. If i compare 20k sylph with 40k br sylph already with 20k br one u do almost no damage in sylph mode to the 40k one, even if u got 10k higher br then the one with 40k br sylph wont change alot.

Comment

so theoretically you debated me, but realistically you still by my side.

ye would be good if u check lol. Just cause alot have gaia equipped it does not mean they use it in pvp evrywhere. I see alot top players if u look on different servers in sylph rankings they have 2 or 3 different evolved sylphs all max stats.

However im only going with gaia as main sylph since i by no means can afford upgrading multiple sylphs. And fact is the sylphs start to shine once u got them on max br. If i compare 20k sylph with 40k br sylph already with 20k br one u do almost no damage in sylph mode to the 40k one, even if u got 10k higher br then the one with 40k br sylph wont change alot.

Monkey King [S3] US EAST
                              Character Name: Ghang

Wartune [S67] US EAST
                              Character Name: Halifax

Comment

The resistances are just a sylph arena thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X