Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Fix the word filter.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anikai
    started a topic Fix the word filter.

Fix the word filter.

The word filter of Wartune is hanging on a narrow edge. It filters out words/acronyms which stand for (almost globally) known producers of products. For example "GM" is filtered out, which stands for stuff like Game Master, Guild Master, and in global industry, General Motors. Filtering that, for example is like giving an advertisement edge for Toyota. Fix the stuff before some nitpick notices your product preferences, for such in court of law is seen as infringement of one or other sort.
    Last edited by Anikai; 03-07-2014, 04:53 AM.

• R231491274
    replied
    the filters are too rough. If a word has a G and M next to eachother, then the that part of the word is cencored. That makes NO sense! Like, Fragments (its IN THE GAME and NOT filtered, but when you use the same word in chat, its filtered.) Be consistant atleast.

Leave a comment:

• Arlad
    replied
    Originally posted by EsmeWeatherwax View Post
    W.h.i.c.h. o.f.f.i.c.i.a.l.l.y. i.s. n.o.t. a.l.l.o.w.e.d. ;.).
    i.t.s. n.o.t. a. c.r.i.m.e. i.f. y.o.u. d.o.n.',t. g.e.t. c.a.u.g.h.t.

Leave a comment:

• Nk412
    replied
    Ah, so you know why it's filtered then? Do tell, I'm sure everybody is wondering.

Leave a comment:

• EsmeWeatherwax
    replied
    Originally posted by B4nsh33 View Post
    y.o.u. c.a.n. g.e.t a.r.o.u.n.d t.h.e w.o.r.d f.i.l.t.e.r
    W.h.i.c.h. o.f.f.i.c.i.a.l.l.y. i.s. n.o.t. a.l.l.o.w.e.d. ;.).

Leave a comment:

• B4nsh33
    replied
    y.o.u. c.a.n. g.e.t a.r.o.u.n.d t.h.e w.o.r.d f.i.l.t.e.r

Leave a comment:

• Anikai
    replied
    True. However, that's not how people in fancy suits see the world.

Addendum: besides, the filter cuts out a number of words which are narrow "swear words" in some languages, but completely different (non-swear ones) in others.
    Last edited by Anikai; 03-07-2014, 05:13 AM.

Leave a comment:

• EsmeWeatherwax
    replied
    Since advertising in game is not allowed, I think we're good... Especially since the GM filtering has got nothing to do with Gen.Motors. This is no global industry, it's a game, after all. And not one about cars, either.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X