Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Mages and Sylphs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mages and Sylphs

I readily admit I am fairly ignorant when it comes to sylphs. The first step is admitting you have a problem. Anyhow, I am on my way to being a fresh faced 50 EWD mage and I need help. Yes, I admit it, I'm not the pinnacle of perfection I proclaim myself to be and I require some assistance from some of you fine and wonderful folks with alot more experience here than I have.

-What would be the best sylph (s) to acquire?
    -Should I concentrate on leveling just 1 at a time or level multiple sylphs at the same time?

I will happily take any advice on this matter that you may have. (unless you're an archer...I hate you )

Thanks peeps

u get iris n gaia ... simple
    we're the midle children of history ....
    no purpose or place.
    we have no great war,
    no great depression.
    our great war is a spiritual war
    our great depression is our lives.

Comment

gaia gives u +700 matk . iris gives beter def + 300 mdf + 300 pdf
      we're the midle children of history ....
      no purpose or place.
      we have no great war,
      no great depression.
      our great war is a spiritual war
      our great depression is our lives.

Comment

As a mage I consider gaia to be the best for me. It is a matk type and both archers and knights usually have lower mdef than pdef, archers focusing more on pdef because of cw. A mage doesnt need the extra aoe from apollo, and iris is curently incapable to outheal the damage of amazon/gaia, maybe when the guardian system shall be implemented iris will work better on mages. Iris is always used by me in pve aspects though and sylph arena, so is a nice sylph to have.
        In cw however you either take your main sylph or upgrade another sylph as well depending on your money.
        Since mages have lower pdef amazon is in my opinion the most effective in cw, hades is not much until its upgraded form aegis.
        I advice you to level at least 3 sylphs to your level for the sylph arena when you reach lvl 55, 1 as your main and 2 meditate
        Last edited by Draggyy; 03-07-2014, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Cool. Easy breezy. Thanks alot. I appreciate the help.

Comment

Lets start first with the ones you absolutly dont need: pan

For CW, you can go for amazon queen/ hades if you want patk.
            Both amazon as gaia give you matk, so prefer one of those.

Iris is a nice sylph for support if you want to pass tok, whihc you probably need since you're lv 50. But for iris to be useful you need to spend (bound) balens for rain dance to utilize it most.
            For a nice main sylph, amazon or gaia is a great option, not sure about hades since i dont have him.
            If you like bg and arena, you may tend to use gaia, roughly 2/3 of your opponents are archers or knights with lower mdef so you blast them away.
            Like i said for cw you want amazon or hades, if you dont want to wast any resources gaia is good too, with enough dmg patk or matk doesnt matter anymore.

you can try to go for hades or apollo, but those are cash sylphs (maybe free players can get em...)
            those are a bit stronger than normal sylphs and nice for sylph arena

In short: Iris (for spire/tok and other support), gaia (for dmg), one of your own choice (amazon/ hades for cw, apollo/hades for pvp and sylph arena)

Comment

I feel differently than the other posters.

As a Mage, I have an Iris strictly for specialized PvE purposes. It's invaluable in places like Tower of Kings when you're the only Mage and need to keep everyone up. You can throw a Resto & BL before Transforming and then get the Iris BL and Resto free of rage as well.

For PvP purposes, I'm using the Amazon Queen. As a Mage, you've already got the MAtk kill-shot from Thunderer. You want a PAtk Pet to allow you to be able to take on all comers. Yeah, it's not great vs. Knights, but it's awesome vs. Mages (which applies strongly to CW) and it's still very good vs. Archers. Usually a 2-shot kill on an equal BR Archer. The AQ also has the advantage of being the only Sylph w/ a 440%+ Delphic AND a Full AoE Attack (granted, not as strong) that also comes with a Bleed. This allows you to clear pesky troops or use it as a lead in for Group Arena after awakening. Also, the AQ Delphic hits up to 2 targets, another big bonus.

Also, AQ is, IMO, the best Spire pet for a non-tank. The Gaia requires getting hit to fuel it's attack bonus, and only applies to itself. The AQ's Infernal Inflammation puts a 10% Damage Increase on the target that everyone benefits from in the group, and it lasts for 3 rounds.

Gaia is still hands-down the best for World Boss though. No Question about that.

Comment

my choice was gaia to pump all mahra and sepulcrums in it ....good for wb spire and its great against 1 on 1 pvp,its matk sylph that counter 2 classes since low mdef and will counter even more and mages once transformation since abilty to lower 30% mdef

on other hand Apollo or iris is good in gb and arena (if u can afford Apollo,his high dmg aoe delph with critical character kills instantly all)

its very simple choose sylph for aspects of game which u find most rewarding for u

Comment

All the Sylphs have their strengths and weaknesses for a Mage.

Personally:

My general all purpose Sylph is Amazon Queen.

She superceded Pan. I keep Pan because he's high ish level and forms part of my core Sylph arena team.

I keep a Heal spec Iris on hand for those pesky Dryad Bombers in BG.

I also keep a Gaia on hand specifically for WB. However, when I decide to dapple in crit: She'll probably become my general purpose Sylph.
                  Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
                  You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
                  Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
                  Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

Originally posted by BaneLenta View Post
                    u get iris n gaia ... simple
                    Simply you are stupid.
                    Mage Sylphs =
                    Emperor Queen [PATK]
                    Hades [PATK]

Iris is only good for if your a solo mage healing in mpds.

Gaia is purely a PATK player sylph, sylphs aren't here for huge stats for us, they are here to do what we can't, and a mage with patk sylph is fun

Comment

Originally posted by Filfiljuma View Post
                      Simply you are stupid.
                      Mage Sylphs =
                      Emperor Queen [PATK]
                      Hades [PATK]

Iris is only good for if your a solo mage healing in mpds.

Gaia is purely a PATK player sylph, sylphs aren't here for huge stats for us, they are here to do what we can't, and a mage with patk sylph is fun
                      gaia is purely a patk sylph?
                      iris is only good for mpd?

wow didn't knew ur so intelligent

Comment

Mage- Gaia (WB), Amazon Queen/Hades (CW), Apollo (Arena/G.B)
                        Archer- Gaia (WB/CW), Hades (Vs. Mages), Iris/Apollo (Arena/G.B/B.G)
                        knight- Gaia (WB/CW), Hades (Vs. Mages), Iris/Apollo (Arena/G.B/B.G/CW)
                        Last edited by neoq8; 03-07-2014, 04:46 PM.

Comment

He's saying that Gaia is for PATK toons, such as archers and knights.
                          but yea he still have no clue, so don't listen to him

Comment

AQ for these reasons:
                            - Delphic equal to dmg to gaia but can hit two instead of one targets
                            - Has good bleed skill(not sure if it stacks w/ bleed rune)
                            - !0% dmg booster to target and also has skill that reduces ur enemy's attack to less than half for 3 turns
                            - BIGGEST REASON: gives a mage Patk so it can fight other mages w/out going into a dam 5min heal-a-thon match

Comment

There are 2 Physical attack toon vs 1. So most likely you would face a archer or a knight instead of a mage. Thats why i put AQ/hades as in Mage CW

Comment

Working...
                              X