Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Mages and Sylphs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yea i personal keep 3 silph now. got gaia, iris n hades .. can't drop under 25 in silph arena.. all usefool
    we're the midle children of history ....
    no purpose or place.
    we have no great war,
    no great depression.
    our great war is a spiritual war
    our great depression is our lives.

Comment

all are blue.. but now i gonna focus on hades . think hades realy good choise ..
      no purpose or place.
      we have no great war,
      no great depression.

Comment

Originally posted by bakuryuuha View Post
        Since when is AQ delphic dmg equal to Gaia? I don't recall 440% = 470% ....am I missing something here?
        since when mages have more mdef then pdef maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by Filfiljuma View Post
          Simply you are stupid.
          Mage Sylphs =
          Emperor Queen [PATK]
          Hades [PATK]

Iris is only good for if your a solo mage healing in mpds.

Gaia is purely a PATK player sylph, sylphs aren't here for huge stats for us, they are here to do what we can't, and a mage with patk sylph is fun
          yea whell i try aq n hades on WB but no good- Gaia gives me 2 mil gold without mail .. and iris all players should have it
          no purpose or place.
          we have no great war,
          no great depression.

Comment

I may be missing something, but how does it make sense for a mage to acquire/use a sylph whose effectiveness depends on you to boosting your PATK skill? To me that sounds like it is ideal for archers/knights. Mages don't waste time with PATK, so this doesn't add up for me. I'm not saying I have all the answers on this. I'm still trying to decide whether or not to go after Apollo or Hades. My Iris has proven quite useful in boosting my HP and healing skills, so the people saying it is useless don't know what they're talking about. I am willing to concede that it may not be the best for a mage, but definitely not useless.

Comment

Originally posted by R244903261 View Post
              I may be missing something, but how does it make sense for a mage to acquire/use a sylph whose effectiveness depends on you to boosting your PATK skill? To me that sounds like it is ideal for archers/knights. Mages don't waste time with PATK, so this doesn't add up for me. I'm not saying I have all the answers on this. I'm still trying to decide whether or not to go after Apollo or Hades. My Iris has proven quite useful in boosting my HP and healing skills, so the people saying it is useless don't know what they're talking about. I am willing to concede that it may not be the best for a mage, but definitely not useless.
              Gaia and Amazon give atk as stat boost, that means both PATK as MATK, so Amazon gives both matk as patk (5%), and gaia gives both matk and patk as well.

Wether apollo or hades, both are well (from what ive heaerd). but Hades is new, meaning he's more expensive now than apollo. the next events they should be equally priced. therefore making apollo a cheaper, and somewhat better option to buy on short term. like i said, both are good and it depends who you want, but atm hades is overpriced cz its new, if you want him i suggest you wait few events

Comment

I may be missing something
                i'd say you're missing a BIG THING

Comment

Regardless of the type of damage a sylph does (Magic or Physical) it's stats are based on the USER. This means when a mage uses Amazon Queen the BASE damage formula [(Atk-Def)/2]+/-10% Uses their Matk stat and the PDef stat of their opponent since it coincides with the DAMAGE type of the attack.
                  Patryn
                  Twisted
                  S130 Dragonmar

"If you can't take brutal honesty then you are speaking to the wrong person"
                  "Touring S130....one guild at a time"

Comment

Well if u want to be good against mage choose patk sylph like aq hades or pan,if u want to be good against knights/archers choose matk sylph like iris,gaia or Apollo

knights/archer low mdef while mages low pdef

clearly better to counter 2 classes than 1

I have taken gaia later when transformation comes have skill that can lower mdef 30% so mages will be vulnerable,also very promising in spire,wb,necro because of high dmg(fast clear of spire/necro bosses)

Comment

Originally posted by senadbasic View Post
                      Well if u want to be good against mage choose patk sylph like aq hades or pan,if u want to be good against knights/archers choose matk sylph like iris,gaia or Apollo

knights/archer low mdef while mages low pdef

clearly better to counter 2 classes than 1

I have taken gaia later when transformation comes have skill that can lower mdef 30% so mages will be vulnerable,also very promising in spire,wb,necro because of high dmg(fast clear of spire/necro bosses)
                      Archer have balanced pdef and mdef, so if you use a patk sylph, you also counter 2 classes - archers and mages.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingryan View Post
                        Archer have balanced pdef and mdef, so if you use a patk sylph, you also counter 2 classes - archers and mages.
                        I've never seen an archer with higher MDEF than PDEF
                        [US West S6 Duskin Arena] [Moloch] [Level 70] [Battle Rating 105k] [Lord Divine] [Critical Mage] [Guild: United Soul]
                        [60 Armor] [70 jewels] [60 rings]

Miracles Do Happen

Comment

What happened to sylph damage ignoring defenses and being undodgeable? Shouldn't sylph damage just pass through any kind of defense and deal full dmg directly to the HP of the enemy?

Comment

Originally posted by MolochMage View Post
                            I've never seen an archer with higher MDEF than PDEF
                            you dont meet many archers i guess

Comment

Originally posted by Kingryan View Post
                              almost true when I look archer at rankings every single one of em have higher pdef than mdef,if u think I lie look at server 163 where I am all have higher pdef 2k+

Comment

Working...
                              X