Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

A thing about sylphs.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brani2323 View Post
    the true is that gaia is overpowerd.sunshine is strong but how to survive against 440% damage...now player with 10-15-20000 less br can kill u easy only need to start gaia first
    89k and 95k is not much of a difference, 6k absolute and merely 6% if you take relative%. [Leaving aside %astrals.]
    Secondly, there is a way to survive against 440%, but you have to figure it out yourself.
    Lastly, although you may hate sylph system, but on a contrary sylph sylph system helped me a lot in clearing LL NM, [10k bonus HP, good damage, 5% passive damage boost], its a strategy game things will keep changing, it will not wait for you to get Lord Divine title or to accomplish your targets before a change is introduced.

There is a lot to whine about in this game, starting from lags, bugs to lack of support, just don't pile on the other useless complains.

Originally posted by Belhor1993 View Post
    I used to fight against gaia by standing front and using apollo shield, i'm with iris also so i just heal my troops. It worked for me at 2 class warses and many battlegrounds.
    one of the probable ways
    Last edited by Hot Shot; 03-13-2014, 03:20 AM.
    Sarcasm Intended

Comment

Originally posted by sunshinε View Post
      Due to Amazon`s PATK, archers and knights are psihical chars.. personally i upgraded her due to bleeding skills but even tho she does 60k 70k on a knight/archer thats what they dont know
      Bleeding is pretty much useless against high lvls tbh. When you fight against someone with 130k hp or more and they have a mage that can cast suntoria, the bleed isn't going to bother them at all. Even if u stack shadow thrasher, puncture, bleed rune and the bleeding effect from AQ skill it still won't matter. Most arena fights are made with the objective to finish the fight in shortest possible time. Not drag the fight to infinity time to let them bleed to death. Apollo, gaia, many other things can do this easily. Having an AQ for such effects that requires u to drag the fight is just plain bad strategy. Bleed effect aside, you're doing less dmg than you should in sylph mode against 67% of the WT population in general. That is even worse when you look at the statistics. Also if you're against a mage, they can easily heal all the bleed dmg which only leaves u with taking them down using your patk. If you want more mdef against mages, having a matk sylph and awakening actually gives u more mdef since sylphs have both pdef n mdef and they get added to ur pdef n mdef rather than their attack since they only have 1 atk type, thus, your patk gets added to their only form of atk. As for fighting gaia, only way now is to kill them before they kill you. So rather than whine about things which can't be changed, wouldn't ur time be better spent trying to think of how to counter them?

Originally posted by LAO998 View Post
      PAN says it all! it is the forgotten slyth that just kills the electro bad. I have a green one and it killed a 2 star blue electro in bg. Electricity has not much effect on PAN.
      I haven't seen an orange pan yet sadly. My gaia kills all the pan users I came across from purple pan and below. Maybe you fought against a noob electro?

Originally posted by sunshinε View Post
      Doesnt matter, with apollo i killed him easily in the early bg lol. Yet i must repeat, i`m not upset he killed me or how he did, this doesnt matter afterall i`m not Hercules and cannot be killed, just i hate that every few months they bring other sylphs and eventually it will be a sylph war and they will completely forget about players ( look at tanks, wheel of fate, are coming soon since forever and more others ).
      like another user stated, all the possible sylphs have already been released. Only new sylphs are the evolved forms which won't come until v2.4 which will be at least 2 yrs later. Any changes will only be implemented by 7roads (the Devs) in new patchs (they're already on WT 2, while we're still on WT 1 v 2.1.). Better that you think of ways around your situation than to ask for changes which will only appear 3 or more yrs later if they even get accepted by the Devs. unless you plan to stick around for 3 yrs+.

Originally posted by BawlsofSteel View Post
      Well i completely understand what you mean, I am a 121k br knight (built properly) with 130k hp and i also got a one hit kill vs a gaia, but as others have stated further along there will be add ons that will counter sylphs. I also am not a fan of them bringing such powerful **** into the game it takes away from the skill aspect but oh well we must all adapt.
      There is almost no skill component in this game actually. Its all a matter of how well you time your casts and what combo of casts you line up based on your opponent. Other than timing, it also depends on what resources you have available. They probably could've killed u even without Gaia but with other matk sylphs. As knights, being susceptible to matk dmg is just part of the game. If you want to be almighty against every class, just cash more. it'll eliminate all weakness no matter your class.

the true is that gaia is overpowerd.sunshine is strong but how to survive against 440% damage...now player with 10-15-20000 less br can kill u easy only need to start gaia first
      Gaia is 470% dmg delphic...440% is AQ delphic. Surviving against 440% is easy if you're an archer or knight. Unless you scr ewed up on your char and somehow got more mdef than pdef....
      IGN: Athena
      Guild: Warriors
      Server: S5 - Roaring Wetlands
      Class: Archer
      Difficulty Level: Noob
      BR: 176k / 180k (with block and hp astral instead of illusion and deflect =P)

Comment

Originally posted by Hot*Shot View Post
        89k and 95k is not much of a difference, 6k absolute and merely 6% if you take relative%. [Leaving aside %astrals.]
        Secondly, there is a way to survive against 440%, but you have to figure it out yourself.
        Lastly, although you may hate sylph system, but on a contrary sylph sylph system helped me a lot in clearing LL NM, [10k bonus HP, good damage, 5% passive damage boost], its a strategy game things will keep changing, it will not wait for you to get Lord Divine title or to accomplish your targets before a change is introduced.

There is a lot to whine about in this game, starting from lags, bugs to lack of support, just don't pile on the other useless complains.

one of the probable ways
        It's an impossible request. If everyone knew how the game works and know what is useless, there won't be anyone scr ewing up on their builds or wasting resources on unnecessary stuff. There won't even be whiners in the forums.

Surviving the gaia crit only possible if you have more resources than the other person. If all else equal, there's actually very little ways to survive it.

Comment

bakuryuuha i know what im talking... gaia is just overpowerd. im lv63 88000 br knight and archer same lv 75000 br kill me with gaia cause he start gaia first and hit whit delfic first.same problems like sunshine...

Comment

to fight gaia,try to let your troops survive abit longer
            -West Coast S115

Comment

bakuryuuha i know what im talking... gaia is just overpowerd. im lv63 88000 br knight and archer same lv 75000 br kill me with gaia cause he start gaia first and hit whit delfic first.same problems like sunshine...
              I am not sure if you understand what are the disadvantages of gaia. First of all his delph, it hits 1 target (you must kill troops to make sure you will hit your opponent), second it depends on if you crit or not. If you're with gaia on will destroyer you may NOT 1 shot your opponent. Gaia is sylph based on luck, about what you said your opponent just got lucky. I've been fighting with a knight from my server 10k battle rating highter than mine (on gaia) and it was like once i win once he win. So gaia is not so imbalanced sylph as everybody says.
              Server: 110 Providence
              Class: Knight
              Guild: Phoenix
              Nickname: Belhor
              Level: 80
              Battle rating: 190588

Comment

read my post above yours....the sylphs are all designed with certain fighting models in mind. Gaia is the high burst dmg in few hits type of sylph. Pan is the patk, debuffer kind against small teams. Iris is the healer support class. AQ is the patk high dmg + Dot hybrid class. Hades is the pure Dot class. Apollo is the AOE class. The whole point of Gaia being able to kill in 1 hit is done on purpose. Its supposed to be the perfect counter to Iris since Iris crit heals can heal for ridiculous amounts. So only way to stop those healing is to have dmg that exceeds the player's max hp. After all, no matter how good you are at healing, you have no skill that can revive a dead player (outside of spire) and heals don't affect dead players. If they didn't have Gaia, Iris will be pretty much OP if one can find a way to survive AQ delphic (one and only skill among all sylphs that does dmg close to Gaia's delphic).

Comment

I dunno but i feel with the introduction of sylphs, all forms of defense got more important than they really are to pre-sylph days.

Knights and Archers need mdef gems as well as pdef gems rather than plonking all into hp gems as i see it.

As to fight GAIA or rather specifically crit-based players, surely the use of GA astral will be much more meaningful these days considering the increasing number of these players running around.

Eili
                  S144
                  Guild: 'Nightmare
                  Level 80 Archer

Comment

Originally posted by Belhor1993 View Post
                    I am not sure if you understand what are the disadvantages of gaia. First of all his delph, it hits 1 target (you must kill troops to make sure you will hit your opponent), second it depends on if you crit or not. If you're with gaia on will destroyer you may NOT 1 shot your opponent. Gaia is sylph based on luck, about what you said your opponent just got lucky. I've been fighting with a knight from my server 10k battle rating highter than mine (on gaia) and it was like once i win once he win. So gaia is not so imbalanced sylph as everybody says.
                    Killing troops is easy for anyone unless you're picking a fight with someone you shouldn't. Gaia has many high dmg skills not just its delphic (provided you have the cash to buy it). Even if it doesn't 1 shot them, the dmg is significant enough that they need to spend a turn or 2 healing or risk dying from your next hit or 2 or even from their own deflected dmg. As for WD vs crit, it doesn't just apply to Gaia. Crit build will always deal more dmg/heal more hp than WD build on crit turns since crit itself is already a boost on top of the determination astral used in crit build. WD is just taking a crit (crit boost + astral) and dividing it by 2 to get the average boost to add to all attacks. Apply it to iris heals, AQ delphic (or any other sylph delphic) bring out the same result. A crit delphic vs a WD delphic is really no comparison at all. Crit is basically a gamble with higher risk. If you researched and tested your char right, you could have quite consistent crits vs all opponents unless they have lv 10 guardian angel and have high block and dodge ratings. Besides, Gaia was meant to counter Iris...ppl just don't understand that point and think only about the unfair dmg =P

Comment

Originally posted by -Eilistraee- View Post
                      I dunno but i feel with the introduction of sylphs, all forms of defense got more important than they really are to pre-sylph days.

Knights and Archers need mdef gems as well as pdef gems rather than plonking all into hp gems as i see it.

As to fight GAIA or rather specifically crit-based players, surely the use of GA astral will be much more meaningful these days considering the increasing number of these players running around.

Eili
                      Not really. My mdef is still the same as pre-sylph era and I'm still doing fine against mages or ppl with matk sylphs. As they say, best defence is to launch an offense. So I made sure my dmg increased significantly so that against ppl who wasted time and resources to build up their secondary def and not growing on their main def as fast as they could had they focused their resources on it, my dmg potential against them will just increase more than any reduction they get from building both def. But of course, you need to have a certain amount of secondary def to not die in 1 hit to even weak players who just happen to be of the atk type you're weak against...

Comment

Totally agree baku, my primary emphasis is still attack, i will always max out my possible patk before defense.

But for archers and knights, we will always have a secondary concern on the choice of mdef or hp for slottings and also our gear. This is where my opinion of going balanced and not loop sided comes in.

Eili
                        S144
                        Guild: 'Nightmare
                        Level 80 Archer

Comment

Work on mdef and u will be still 1shoted by gaia eili,unless u will cash like zebq

_________

Crit Mage 80v
                          ~135k Br

_________

Comment

Working...
                          X