The death of a great game; or ; Who your greed killed wartunes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The death of a great game; or ; Who your greed killed wartunes

I have been a long time gamer and I see this over and over. You create a good game, people start playing, you find ways to make money off players, players pay, you want more money, you find new ways to get money off players, players pay, successful increase in revenue leads to ever spiraling cost to be competitive in game. Free players quit because they cannot compete. You see dwindling numbers of players and figure you need to get more cash from the people playing so you create more ways to get people to spend. The casual cashers quit as they cannot afford to compete. Now you see less money coming in. You wrongly assume people need more to spend on, so you find even more ways to get people to spend. Now the moderate cashers are feeling the pinch and start to drop from the game. Player base and cash base is eroding fast and you have no idea how to fix it. You cut costs buy getting rid of programers and developers, new editions to the game suck, All but the big spenders are gone and with no competition they quit too and find a better game.

In my merged server 85, 87, 91 There were over 1k active players when the server merged. No 4 months later we are down to a little over 300. All but a few of the moderate cashers are gone, casual spenders, and free players are long gone. Most of the top players here are leaving in April when Elder Scrolls online comes out. Why are they all leaving. See you business model explained above.

You want to save the game?

Bring back events like the soul chrystal and whip events that let non through moderate cashers have some success in monthly events! Get rid of the ** pay to open chests. Restore the balance in the game by limiting the power the cashers can buy ( Sylphs are rediculous : 4 thousand American dollars takes your purple sylph to orange and makes you nearly unbeatable to anyone without a legendary sylph) Increase honor won and decrease honor lost in battle grounds. Bring back the worl boss you removed. Add a third tank time, and a ssecond and third amethyst time. reduce the number of arena attempts by half and double rewards. Re-adjust some of your prices like resetting skills or opening inventory slots. Increase levels for guild skills. Create new mounts for Tower of Kings tokens, and pvp tokens. Institute an auction ability.They have it on the ******** version of the game why not the wartunes version?

You might also think about actually answering forum threads and elite players club messages.

I think its their fault for starting the unlimited quests with event items.
    Now all got a " taste " of it and want it to be a permanent one.
    Wake up guys, its a p2w game, if you don't pay, you won't ever win. You can play as a free player too, reach all max stats that a casher can too ( not boosts like wings,clothes/mount events ) but still.
    Before unlimited events appeared, people were talking about other stuff, and to be honest, this is their fault ( r2 ) for startin the unlimited quests. Either keep it with event items and " close " this unlimited quest war ( being sick of it. ), or was better to never ever started one, and all weren't even thinking about it.
    Being the best isn't all it's made out to be. When you're strong, you become arrogant and withdrawn. Even if what you sought after was your dream.
    Those who can't acknowledge their real selves are bound to fail.
    That imitating someone you respect is something you do in order to grow. You can't use it as a disguise to pretend to be someone you are not.

Comment

It's definitely their fault.

1. They should have never started with unlimited events.
      2. I agree that chest should not be pay to open

Other than that, I think it's okay that the best prizes are reserved for those who spent a lot.
      After all, this is an extreme pay-2-win game. Don't want to pay? Then don't hope to win. Easy.

If you don't want to pay and you want to as strong as extreme cashers, you'd be better off sleeping and do that in your dreams.
      Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
      [No longer logging in]

Comment

Originally posted by Counterpunch View Post
        1. Bring back events like the soul chrystal and whip events that let non through moderate cashers have some success in monthly events!
        2. Get rid of the ** pay to open chests.
        3. Restore the balance in the game by limiting the power the cashers can buy ( Sylphs are rediculous : 4 thousand American dollars takes your purple sylph to orange and makes you nearly unbeatable to anyone without a legendary sylph)
        4. Increase honor won and decrease honor lost in battle grounds.
        5. Bring back the worl boss you removed.
        6. Add a third tank time, and a ssecond and third amethyst time.
        7. reduce the number of arena attempts by half and double rewards.
        8. Re-adjust some of your prices like resetting skills or opening inventory slots.
        9. Increase levels for guild skills.
        10. Create new mounts for Tower of Kings tokens, and pvp tokens.
        11. Institute an auction ability.They have it on the ******** version of the game why not the wartunes version?
        1. No
        2. Yes
        3. No
        4. No
        5. Indifferent
        6. Yes
        7. Yes
        8. Yes
        9. Indifferent
        10. Yes
        11. No

Out of all the points you listed, only a few is about the "Greed". The rest aren't
        [No longer logging in]

Comment

Originally posted by po1NNNt View Post
          I think its their fault for starting the unlimited quests with event items.
          Now all got a " taste " of it and want it to be a permanent one.
          Wake up guys, its a p2w game, if you don't pay, you won't ever win. You can play as a free player too, reach all max stats that a casher can too ( not boosts like wings,clothes/mount events ) but still.
          Before unlimited events appeared, people were talking about other stuff, and to be honest, this is their fault ( r2 ) for startin the unlimited quests. Either keep it with event items and " close " this unlimited quest war ( being sick of it. ), or was better to never ever started one, and all weren't even thinking about it.
          I am not talking the unlimited events, i am talking the ones where you turned 20 for a prize, 100 for a prize and 500 for a prize once a day.

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
            1. No
            2. Yes
            3. No
            4. No
            5. Indifferent
            6. Yes
            7. Yes
            8. Yes
            9. Indifferent
            10. Yes
            11. No

Out of all the points you listed, only a few is about the "Greed". The rest aren't
            Wow Think this is first time i have agreed with all you said!!

Comment

maybe a reward (wings) for a player. for fans that dont have enough money for the game to spend but loyal to wartune must be rewarded by wings of loyalty. this is just an idea. im a loyal fan of wartune but i dont have enough money to buy wings and other items. also i need to work hard for my family..but still i like the game...so i play after office hours.

Comment

They are already going to be lowering the arena attempts to 15 and doubling rewards. All you have to do is google the future patches.

Comment

Originally posted by R25786021 View Post
                  maybe a reward (wings) for a player. for fans that dont have enough money for the game to spend but loyal to wartune must be rewarded by wings of loyalty. this is just an idea. im a loyal fan of wartune but i dont have enough money to buy wings and other items. also i need to work hard for my family..but still i like the game...so i play after office hours.
                  there is something that called "hall of fame" event. you can get free wings from it.
                  Originally posted by Wraithraiser
                  Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

Your whole concept of the game is wrong. The posted to make money not to after it was posted they wanted money.

Comment

I don't know what to say cept. It really is time to find another game.
                      The money I've spent here and time and effort I could have a killer toon on WOW by now.

Don't know why I got started here in the first place.

Anyone wanna buy a slightly used archer?

Comment

Originally posted by thisdude157 View Post

Sure. What is your rank on your server?
                        Please post a screenshot of your toon and server number.
                        [No longer logging in]

Comment

Originally posted by thisdude157 View Post
                          I don't know what to say cept. It really is time to find another game.
                          The money I've spent here and time and effort I could have a killer toon on WOW by now.

Don't know why I got started here in the first place.

This post just leaks stupidity and ignorance of ToS
                          Wartune's Cookie is retired. In game drama and Cashing is outrageous. Enjoy peeps!

Server: [S242] Whitecrown- IGN: Cookie - Guild: DevilsGate - Class: Sorcerer - VIP: level 7 - Set: Heroic/Imperial - level: 71 - BR: 2.06 mil - Angel: lvl 80 Eostre

Comment

Honestly I agree with some of what has been said, my problem I have noticed is that there should be a cap in casher players in guilds. Having all your cashers in one guild to win all the GBs they want with minimal players and then taking out a healthy lvl of competition for all the other guilds to even have a shot at the number 1 ranking is a ** move. I have people quitting daily over losing the drive to go to GBs and to fight in them due to not being able to beat the top guild. When you have over 30 of 50 playing on a 385+ server where most are lucky to be at say 75k br by lvl 66 and you have those at lvl 55 as cashers with 70k br plus as a guild and a main oh say twelve people that are their top with 80k+ br, where in one is over 100k br at lvl 68, its a bit unfair and detracts people from wanting to play. Those large brs are 9 out of 10 times due to those people cashing in. There needs to be some type of balancer in the game to make it more equally distributed among players. Soo why not make it were certain events for non cashers only, like there are ones specifically for big spenders? To me that is a bit more fair then. Put a cap on number of cashers in a guild as well as br allowed per lvl since things are that much more "unfair". I have been both sides of the fence but see no way to keep numbers unless there is a happy medium. There are many ways to cut this and try new things to avoid losses, heck it could even be merging more closing to the server numbers there are or one low server like say s80 to a s250 and a s390? spread them out and then have all the guilds liquidated and everyone reforms their "groups". If R2 wants to just let the game die, let it. Just make sure to find someway to enjoy it until then or leave. Complaining about it to those that have or want money, is like hitting your head against a wall. You get nowhere quick and will more than likely bleed from it.

Character: Minx
                            Server: 391, Snow Fortress
                            Battle Rating: 62.9k br
                            Class: Mage
                            Guild: Pride
                            Server 391-Snow Fortress
                            Minx Lvl 80
                            Guild: Eternity, Guild Master

Comment

Originally posted by AlistricShaman13 View Post
                              Honestly I agree with some of what has been said, my problem I have noticed is that there should be a cap in casher players in guilds. Having all your cashers in one guild to win all the GBs they want with minimal players and then taking out a healthy lvl of competition for all the other guilds to even have a shot at the number 1 ranking is a ** move. I have people quitting daily over losing the drive to go to GBs and to fight in them due to not being able to beat the top guild. When you have over 30 of 50 playing on a 385+ server where most are lucky to be at say 75k br by lvl 66 and you have those at lvl 55 as cashers with 70k br plus as a guild and a main oh say twelve people that are their top with 80k+ br, where in one is over 100k br at lvl 68, its a bit unfair and detracts people from wanting to play. Those large brs are 9 out of 10 times due to those people cashing in. There needs to be some type of balancer in the game to make it more equally distributed among players. Soo why not make it were certain events for non cashers only, like there are ones specifically for big spenders? To me that is a bit more fair then. Put a cap on number of cashers in a guild as well as br allowed per lvl since things are that much more "unfair". I have been both sides of the fence but see no way to keep numbers unless there is a happy medium. There are many ways to cut this and try new things to avoid losses, heck it could even be merging more closing to the server numbers there are or one low server like say s80 to a s250 and a s390? spread them out and then have all the guilds liquidated and everyone reforms their "groups". If R2 wants to just let the game die, let it. Just make sure to find someway to enjoy it until then or leave. Complaining about it to those that have or want money, is like hitting your head against a wall. You get nowhere quick and will more than likely bleed from it.

Character: Minx
                              Server: 391, Snow Fortress
                              Battle Rating: 62.9k br
                              Class: Mage
                              Guild: Pride
                              Is this the first P2W game you played in your life?
                              [No longer logging in]

Comment

Working...
                              X