Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Critical Astral and Gem configuration, insanity?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Critical Astral and Gem configuration, insanity?

First of all I have the question if there is a correlation between BR and critical chance, as in, do you need more Critical if you have more BR in order to crit as often, or is this just an unsubstantiated rumor? Are there any hard facts on the subject?

Second, if this is indeed the case, would it be meaningful to intentionally lower your BR by equipping astrals that give none and gems that give little? I am thinking a configuration for a level 70 as this:

Mysticality/Force, Sniper's, Determination, Goddess, Illusion, Guardian Angel, Deflection

Gems: Crit, Block, MATK, HP

Am I crazy?
    Last edited by MolochMage; 03-18-2014, 03:41 AM.
    [US West S6 Duskin Arena] [Moloch] [Level 70] [Battle Rating 105k] [Lord Divine] [Critical Mage] [Guild: United Soul]
    [60 Armor] [70 jewels] [60 rings]

Miracles Do Happen

Originally posted by MolochMage View Post
    First of all I have the question if there is a correlation between BR and critical chance, as in, do you need more Critical if you have more BR in order to crit as often, or is this just an unsubstianted rumor? Are there any hard facts on the subject?

Second, if this is indeed the case, would it be meaningful to intentionally lower your BR by equipping astrals that give none and gems that give little? I am thinking a configuration for a level 70 as this:

Mysticality/Force, Sniper's, Determination, Goddess, Illusion, Guardian Angel, Deflection

Am I crazy?
    Gems: Crit,Charisma,Matk and HP instead.
    All can be killed, Dryads FTW!

Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything.

Comment

the chance to crit seems to be linked more to level of your toon then to your br. I did test a bit with crit trigger% in wb (takes away any results that may vary from crit restiance astral etc) and found out that as a knight at level 64 every critpoint translated to 0,036% trigger rate so 2k crit= 72% trigger rate. upping it to 3k didnt make it crit 100% but it always seems to cap at around 80% when my toon turned level 69 1 crit point was only good for 0,032% so 2 k only 64% both percentages where taken from keeping track of 2000 induvidual attacks . I do fully realise that the formula is incomplete first 500 crit points will have higher impact then lets say the 1500 to 2k points and that it isnt a simple case of amount of crit times 0,0??% but its just what i noticed from a practical test.

Comment

I am an archer with BR over 110k.

From what i can surmise BR is a factor in Crit, however not as many are thinking and not as i thought. your BR does not metter in Crit, i believe its the opponents BR or more likely Def stats that are the deciding factor in Crit chance.

You might see it easily in lower lvl dungeons, you will have much higher chance Crit there then in higher lvl ones.

So i think that the higher Def stats your opponent have the higher Crit you need.

Last thing, look at WB - very low def and you do a lot of Crit.

Comment

crit rate can never be 100%

but i heard it was about 10% chance per 1000 crit level

2 things that factor crit is
          guardian angel astral (i keep one handy for class wars)
          and your opponents crit

if your opponents crit is higher than yours it has the same effect as a guardian angel astral

it will make your crit rate lower

in my experience br only adds if the br added is crit

level is a factor for archers too, im pretty sure they get extra crit per level
          IGN/Server: Crusader Kabam 62
          Class: Archer
          Battle Rating: 275k (with herc br)

Guild: Black Lotus
          Sylph: Hercules ★★ 46968
          Originally posted by Wraithraiser
          but yeah. Robo_Hobo for presidente

Comment

i have low BR, high level, 53k BR @ Lv 70. i have 2700 crit atm, and all i can say, it's only good for WB.

Comment

I'm around 140k br and running 7,5k crit, that being said all my testing points to the fact that your crit rate is connected to your BR.
              I took out my block astral and HP with the same oponents (guildies) and my crit rates increased.
              After that test I completely forgot all block or hp astrals in order to lower the br, replacing them with deflection and dodge.
              As said above the relation between your atk and your oponentes def is a factor and so is both crit points and the use or not of the crit reducing astral.
              A lot of factos are involved when calculating crit rates.
              For now I got about 80% in WB and 70% in pvp.

Hope the info helps you taking your decisions.

JBird
              Boas Tetas, S60 Leaves Fort
              Mage lvl.80 ~8M BR, 5xCW Sorceror EU zone
              One Swallow doensn't make a summer but a Bird crafts a victory

Comment

Originally posted by MolochMage View Post
                First of all I have the question if there is a correlation between BR and critical chance, as in, do you need more Critical if you have more BR in order to crit as often, or is this just an unsubstantiated rumor? Are there any hard facts on the subject?

Am I crazy?
                What astrals? What gems lol?

_________

Crit Mage 80v
                ~135k Br

_________

Comment

BR definitely is one of the factors. However, it would be beneficial to limit the stats you modify to useful stats such as matk, mdef, pdef and hp and crit stats in modifying your br to improve crit rate. If you have about 6 - 8k crit stat with a 140 - 150k br, you should crit pretty often.
                  IGN: Athena
                  Guild: Warriors
                  Server: S5 - Roaring Wetlands
                  Difficulty Level: Noob
                  BR: 176k / 180k (with block and hp astral instead of illusion and deflect =P)

Comment

From my testing etc, BR is a factor..and what making up that BR is a factor also.

Comment

One last thing I forgot, as a mage if you use a critical reduce astral it will kill your oportunities of getting critical heals, and they're very handy sometimes...

JBird
                      Boas Tetas, S60 Leaves Fort
                      Mage lvl.80 ~8M BR, 5xCW Sorceror EU zone
                      One Swallow doensn't make a summer but a Bird crafts a victory

Comment

Originally posted by JBirdie View Post
                        One last thing I forgot, as a mage if you use a critical reduce astral it will kill your oportunities of getting critical heals, and they're very handy sometimes...
                        How will it kill your own crits? thought crit reduce is for when you are attacked :S
                        Wartune's Cookie is retired. In game drama and Cashing is outrageous. Enjoy peeps!

Server: [S242] Whitecrown- IGN: Cookie - Guild: DevilsGate - Class: Sorcerer - VIP: level 7 - Set: Heroic/Imperial - level: 71 - BR: 2.06 mil - Angel: lvl 80 Eostre

Comment

Originally posted by DeathTh3Kid View Post
                          How will it kill your own crits? thought crit reduce is for when you are attacked :S
                          I think he's referring to will destroyer which isn't really a crit reduce but a crit disable...
                          IGN: Athena
                          Guild: Warriors
                          Server: S5 - Roaring Wetlands
                          Difficulty Level: Noob
                          BR: 176k / 180k (with block and hp astral instead of illusion and deflect =P)

Comment

Enhanced Guardian Angel only reduces the chance of getting crit (damage) on u
                            R2 s116 Red Realm + (s113-s119) + (s126-s129-s132-s135) + (s72-s75-s78-s84-s88-s91)

IGN : Illyasviel
                            Class : Archer
                            Guild : •OneŽ•
                            LvL : 80
                            Sylph : Zeus, Hecate, Poseidon
                            BR : over 9000!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bakuryuuha View Post
                              I think he's referring to will destroyer which isn't really a crit reduce but a crit disable...
                              I don't think he is. The other things he said points to him being aware about what he is talking about.

Guardian Angel reduces the chance to receive crit. Does it then also reduce the chance to "receive" critical heal?
                              [US West S6 Duskin Arena] [Moloch] [Level 70] [Battle Rating 105k] [Lord Divine] [Critical Mage] [Guild: United Soul]
                              [60 Armor] [70 jewels] [60 rings]

Miracles Do Happen

Comment

Working...
                              X