Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

100 million gold on Astrals

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 100 million gold on Astrals

Hello. I just wanted to share some of my frivolous hardwork about astrals. I spent 100m on astrals and cataloged the results.

During this collection, I made two assumptions:
    1. Odds do not naturally change: Meaning that time of day, available events, when you last got a red astral, what your previous astrals, which stars are lit, and so forth do NOT affect what you could get.
    2. Odds did not change over the period of time while I was collecting everything: Data collection was over a long period of time. The odds per astral could've changed in secret; I'm assuming they didn't.

As a general rule, I categorically threw out any times I clicked of Magus while Ceres was available. This is because you can't activate a star twice and I wanted to track activation rate too.

Red* = Not counting Energine

By stars:
    Code:
    Magus:
           White: 8,496 (54.78%), Green: 7,012 (45.22%) = Total: 15,508 (69.27%)
           Total Gold Spent on Magus: 62.032m (62.03%)
           Activate Ceres: 4,804 (30.98%)

Ceres:
           White: 1,290 (26.85%), Green: 1,496 (31.14%), Blue: 2,018 (42.01%) = Total: 4,804 (21.49%)
           Total Gold Spent on Ceres: 24.02m (24.02%)
           Activate Palas: 1,475 (30.70%)

Palas:
           White: 19 (1.29%), Green: 154 (10.44%), Blue: 1,140 (77.29%), Purple: 162 (10.98%) = Total: 1,475 (6.59%)
           Total Gold Spent on Palas: 8.85m (8.85%)
           Activate Satum: 455 (30.85%)

Satum:
           Green: 10 (2.20%), Blue: 359 (78.90%), Purple: 70 (15.38%), Orange: 16 (3.52%) = Total: 455 (2.03%)
           Total Gold Spent on Satum: 3.64m (3.64%)
           Activate Chiron: 146 (32.09%)

Chiron:
           Blue: 74 (50.68%), Purple: 63 (43.15%), Orange: 7 (4.79%), Red*: 1 (0.68%), Energine: 1 (0.68%) = Total: 146 (0.65%)
           Total Gold Spent on Chiron: 1.46m (1.46%)
           Activate [null]: NaN (NaN%)
    Aggregate:
    Code:

White: 9,805 (43.80%)
     Green: 8,672 (38.74%)
      Blue: 3,591 (16.04%)
    Purple:   295 ( 2.00%)
    Orange:    23 ( 1.03%)
      Red*:     1 ( 0.004%)
    Energine:   1 ( 0.004%)
    Total Astrals: 22,388
    Total Gold Spent: 100.002m
    Total Exp Earned: 211,400
    Total Star Points: 32,091

Average Exp per Astral: 9.44
    Average Exp per 1m gold: 2,114
    Average Star Points per Astral: 9.757
    Average Gold Cost per 1k Star Points (Energine): 3,117,268

Effective Total Gold Spent (selling whites): 88.236m
    Average Exp per Effective 1m gold: 2,396
    TL;DR
    1 million gold = 2,114 exp on average
    1 million gold + selling whites = 2,396 exp on average
    Roughly 3.1m gold per 1k star points / Energine
    Last edited by Dataist; 03-19-2014, 10:16 PM. Reason: correction/additions

wow, we have the same star points: exp ratio

this data is great, and hardwork

but the thing is, you spent 100m on astrals, i checked it and it was exact 100m(using total x star cost). YOu have to factor the 9805 whites which when sold is 11.766m gold, making the gold spent only about 88.236m

you also forgot to add orange: 0.103%

Comment

nice. well done. i figured the drop rate for orange was smaller then it is...

but i wouldnt be surprised in your assumptions were wrong, i mean it is r2 or pc or who ever the **** runs this horse and pony show

Comment

some ppl get orange everyday... well they dont spend 100 mil a day... explain?
        think randalwho is right... its all 1 big fokked up sjit (sorry for the words that exactly describe what this game is...)
        =================

Do NOT use offensive, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable language.

Comment

Based on the info, you /should/ find one orange about every 4-5m gold. Quite a few people spend 5m+ on astrals daily.

Comment

Originally posted by FufuBunnySlayer View Post
            Based on the info, you /should/ find one orange about every 4-5m gold. Quite a few people spend 5m+ on astrals daily.
            that is soooooooooooo wrong in my case spenting even 10 mill a day doesn give me an friging purple!!!

Comment

I spend about 10m gold daily and your xp:gold ratio is way wrong, it's around 2.4-2.5 without energines.

I get at least 3 oranges a day and I get a red astral once per week or so.

Comment

Originally posted by winlord View Post
                I spend about 10m gold daily and your xp:gold ratio is way wrong, it's around 2.4-2.5 without energines.

I get at least 3 oranges a day and I get a red astral once per week or so.
                well there is the luck factor too thou i know people who got 2 reds in 1 million astral run

Comment

I get alot of yellow but havent seen a red in about 2 weeks. I spend around 3-4 mil a day on astros..21-28 mil a week.

Comment

Originally posted by mageheal50 View Post
                    wow, we have the same star points: exp ratio

this data is great, and hardwork

but the thing is, you spent 100m on astrals, i checked it and it was exact 100m(using total x star cost). YOu have to factor the 9805 whites which when sold is 11.766m gold, making the gold spent only about 88.236m

you also forgot to add orange: 0.103%
                    Thanks. I fixed the missing orange stat.

As for the whites, it is true that you would sell back the whites and get more gold to spend on astrals. However, I feel that having 100m gold and then getting about 113m (approx) total gold spent (from selling whites and buying more astrals) is kinda misrepresentative. While this is effectively spending only 88m, it is the result of spending 100m gold on astrals (you just get ~12m back from selling all the whites).

Comment

nice calculation, my ration around that number too
                      Nubito the Super Noob Mage in The Badlands

Comment

You can't determine something that is based on luck.

People are just wasting their time doing this.

Good effort, sadly to tell the truth.
                        Spamming the forums with many threads will not make you wise.

Comment

Originally posted by RicardoNeto View Post

except so far i know of 3 people that have done this...including this person...and all there numbers are very very close...so imo ur just wasting time typing negativity

Comment

Originally posted by RicardoNeto View Post

You can't use luck to get something on one click, but over a large enough sample size (and 100 mil gold is fairly large) you can get a good overview of the overall chances of each type dropping from each planet thus establishing a rough guideline to plan out larger spending patterns by and perhaps persuade or dissuade yourself from engaging in said activity. Thus people doing things like this is not a waste of time, as it shows others a large picture view of what astraling costs and gives and lets them decide themselves how they want to invest their gold

Comment

I thought more about it and added a little bit about "effective gold" which is basically selling the whites back. So there is 100m gold spent total but selling whites would refund you 11.766m, effectively only costing you 88.236m. This gives a better value for exp per 1m gold: 2,396 exp.

Comment

Working...
                              X