Announcement

Collapse

Official Community Discord Server

Join us on the new R2Games Community Discord Server! https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5
See more
See less

All Block and Crit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • All Block and Crit

    so, I took the plunge and made all Block gems... absolutly 0 mdef/pdef gems. I don't notice a whole lot of difference, just that my block is low and I have 10k more hp. Its hilarious because I have 4k less pdef and 3k less mdef. Now I think I need about 2k more block ... p.s. I'm a mage
    Death comes when you hear the Banshee.....

  • #2
    why put so much block for mage...better put up some PDEF
    SERVER: Kong Server 4 Oceanic (others see us as Kong-S6)
    IGN: Kimwong
    CLASS: Knight
    PLAYER TYPE: Light casher
    BATTLE RATING: 300K - 420K range
    Casual playing now, not gonna spend too much time

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by kimwong View Post
      why put so much block for mage...better put up some PDEF
      Nope, not needed actually .... new penetration astrals will change the way you think. I got a kick start with block ... gonna refine for more block. If I can get 6k block and crit, I'm laughing!



      p.s. I was tanking in Group Arena today, me and 2 other mages, only 2 of us were heal. I was amazed that I didn't die more! My block (when it works) takes off TONS of damage.
      Death comes when you hear the Banshee.....

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by B4nsh33 View Post
        Nope, not needed actually .... new penetration astrals will change the way you think. I got a kick start with block ... gonna refine for more block. If I can get 6k block and crit, I'm laughing!



        p.s. I was tanking in Group Arena today, me and 2 other mages, only 2 of us were heal. I was amazed that I didn't die more! My block (when it works) takes off TONS of damage.
        what I guess is, penetration lower the block rate not ignore the defense lol
        SERVER: Kong Server 4 Oceanic (others see us as Kong-S6)
        IGN: Kimwong
        CLASS: Knight
        PLAYER TYPE: Light casher
        BATTLE RATING: 300K - 420K range
        Casual playing now, not gonna spend too much time

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by kimwong View Post
          what I guess is, penetration lower the block rate not ignore the defense lol
          nope, ur wrong ... why u think they go crazy for block in china?
          Death comes when you hear the Banshee.....

          Comment


          • #6
            How does penetration work?
            Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
            [No longer logging in]

            Comment


            • #7
              Block was nerfed with new astrals,thats why they make crazy blockgood luck with full block as a mage...

              _________


              Crit Mage 80v
              ~135k Br


              _________


              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
                How does penetration work?
                Admittedly, I don't know first-hand, however ... THIS IS JUST MY GUESS ... it will work like brutal edge and have a % chance to ignore enemy defense. So in my opinion, block > defense since block reduces damage and my higher block value seems to block a higher percentage of the damage.
                Death comes when you hear the Banshee.....

                Comment


                • #9
                  But the thing is you don't know how much the penetration reduce your defense by? What are the %chance of penetration?
                  Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
                  [No longer logging in]

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
                    But the thing is you don't know how much the penetration reduce your defense by? What are the %chance of penetration?
                    does it really matter? Just high block and ftw! I fight mages and knights in my guild and I have the same results as if I never touched my gems. Would be better results if I had higher block value. 4k block right now, aiming for 6k.
                    Death comes when you hear the Banshee.....

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I kinda believe that build a high defense first, then block next. But again, I don't know.
                      Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
                      [No longer logging in]

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
                        I kinda believe that build a high defense first, then block next. But again, I don't know.
                        my pdef was 18 500 ... now it's 15 000
                        my mdef was 24 500 ... now it's 22 000
                        my hp went up 10k as I replaced all with block and hp and crit. Now I just need to refine for more block. I don't notice much difference fighting people other than the fact I need to make sure I heal to make up for lack of heal passive.

                        when I do block, it's massive damage reduction.
                        Death comes when you hear the Banshee.....

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          It's like this, I took 2 massive delphs to the face and lived to survive the tale.... good enough for me, I just want to improve my block rate so it proc's more now
                          Death comes when you hear the Banshee.....

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I thought block is only 25% damage?
                            Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
                            [No longer logging in]

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
                              I thought block is only 25% damage?
                              that's what I thought, but higher block reduces higher amounts of damage or so it seems.... but just getting the damn thing to proc now is
                              Death comes when you hear the Banshee.....

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X