Announcement

Collapse

Official Community Discord Server

Join us on the new R2Games Community Discord Server! https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5
See more
See less

All Block and Crit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by AnataOFAkku View Post
    around 6900w8 for sc event to make ~7200
    nice, i want more crit, mine's only 6164, i want 6200 at least r2 do it to me on purpose.
    Death comes when you hear the Banshee.....

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by GingerTheHutt View Post
      heh! Welcome to the Blocking Mage club...

      I've had 4K+ Block for a long time now. It's mostly why I can defeat many people a lot 'stronger' than myself. Nothing like a semi permanent ~15% damage reduction.

      I have been messing with astrals too, trying to work out my level 70 choice. Illusion, Deflection, Regeneration & Blessed Health never seem to proc anywhere near their stated rates. I tested all 4 as a level 7 astral and non came close to their 10 or 14% proc rate. The illusion especially was awful.
      well, 10% means 10 times in 100 shots ..... usually only get hit about 25 times maybe? thats why they don't proc much .... even 14% focus doesn't 'seem' to proc much when you hit only 1 out of 10 times, but 10 times not enough to tell .... 10 times in 100 shots seems more feasible. thats why maybe a level 10 illusion? even just 1 dodge would be worth it as for what else to put in, i am totally clueless..... was thinking about guardian angel, but thats only good against other crits .....(but totally annoys the heck outta them )
      Death comes when you hear the Banshee.....

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by B4nsh33 View Post
        well, 10% means 10 times in 100 shots ..... usually only get hit about 25 times maybe? thats why they don't proc much .... even 14% focus doesn't 'seem' to proc much when you hit only 1 out of 10 times, but 10 times not enough to tell .... 10 times in 100 shots seems more feasible. thats why maybe a level 10 illusion? even just 1 dodge would be worth it as for what else to put in, i am totally clueless..... was thinking about guardian angel, but thats only good against other crits .....(but totally annoys the heck outta them )
        yeah..but with gaia...crit builds are alot more common...take yourself for example..archers..the bane of mages are crits...that was always an issue..but now..knights and mages are more common as crit builds then they were before sylphs..which is why im buying a GA in a cpl of days and saccing some astrals i dont use into it

        Comment


        • #34
          trying this build is good but can you for example fight friends and say to us their stats to see the efficienty of this block rate? Like 1 fight with 1k block, the second with 2k and more to see if the damage decrease with the higher block rate?

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by R28388225 View Post
            trying this build is good but can you for example fight friends and say to us their stats to see the efficienty of this block rate? Like 1 fight with 1k block, the second with 2k and more to see if the damage decrease with the higher block rate?
            higher block rate does not effect the damage you take...it only effects the %chance that u wil block some of the damage...when u block..damage recieved is reduced by 25%...always no matter how low or high ur block is

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by mid3vil187 View Post
              yeah..but with gaia...crit builds are alot more common...take yourself for example..archers..the bane of mages are crits...that was always an issue..but now..knights and mages are more common as crit builds then they were before sylphs..which is why im buying a GA in a cpl of days and saccing some astrals i dont use into it
              As ewd mage this is good idea...as crit user - worst

              _________


              Crit Mage 80v
              ~135k Br


              _________


              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by mid3vil187 View Post
                higher block rate does not effect the damage you take...it only effects the %chance that u wil block some of the damage...when u block..damage recieved is reduced by 25%...always no matter how low or high ur block is

                higher block value may not reduce the damage i take by higher amounts but I receive only 33 % damage when I block....tested at sylph atoll with all the sylphs. As per block rate, I'd guess about maybe 30-40 % at the moment.
                Last edited by B4nsh33; 03-24-2014, 11:00 AM.
                Death comes when you hear the Banshee.....

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by AnataOFAkku View Post
                  As ewd mage this is good idea...as crit user - worst
                  maybe...I'm trying hybrid pure block/crit. I notice a small difference but not much as I have about 10k more hp as I can socket more hp gems now. I fought one of my guildies repeatedly and he didn't notice any difference at all and he has way higher mdef/pdef than I do with 37k matk and my little mdef of 22k. He does, however hit me a little bit harder here and there....thats why I want a higher block value .... I need it to proc more.


                  A friend of mine is trying out the ewd mage and going to try dropping the mdef gems for block. Maybe she can keep us posted?
                  Last edited by B4nsh33; 03-24-2014, 11:01 AM.
                  Death comes when you hear the Banshee.....

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by B4nsh33 View Post
                    higher block value may not reduce the damage i take by higher amounts but I receive only 33 % damage when I block....tested at sylph atoll with all the sylphs. As per block rate, I'd guess about maybe 30-40 % at the moment.
                    how u can recive 33% dmg =67% reduction if block reduce dmg by ~25% lol...

                    _________


                    Crit Mage 80v
                    ~135k Br


                    _________


                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by AnataOFAkku View Post
                      how u can recive 33% dmg =67% reduction if block reduce dmg by ~25% lol...
                      hmmm forgot to take into account my refined goddess blessing ..... i took out the astral and it worked as per normal. Must have been really tired when I was testing

                      all i know is that when I block, I block Huge amounts .... WHEN I block
                      Death comes when you hear the Banshee.....

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Good for you...but 22k mdef is just weak lol

                        _________


                        Crit Mage 80v
                        ~135k Br


                        _________


                        Comment


                        • #42
                          good choice with the block in a mage it helps alot i magine tank mage hell yeah!!!!!!!!

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
                            How does penetration work?
                            If you let me I can penetrate you, just to show how it is.
                            Spamming the forums with many threads will not make you wise.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by B4nsh33 View Post
                              well, 10% means 10 times in 100 shots ..... usually only get hit about 25 times maybe? thats why they don't proc much .... even 14% focus doesn't 'seem' to proc much when you hit only 1 out of 10 times, but 10 times not enough to tell .... 10 times in 100 shots seems more feasible. thats why maybe a level 10 illusion? even just 1 dodge would be worth it as for what else to put in, i am totally clueless..... was thinking about guardian angel, but thats only good against other crits .....(but totally annoys the heck outta them )
                              Come on!

                              Cut me some slack here.

                              I don't post things, that I have not either heavily tested myself or from unreliable sources.

                              I did well over 5K hero defends on a level 7 illusion. It proc'd once.

                              The other had a roughly 5 to 6 percent proc rate. With around 1500 hero defends per astral mentioned previously.
                              Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
                              You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
                              Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
                              Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                everyone says block reduces 25% dmg yet its more like 20~35% reduce damage.........

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X