X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting on a brand new server - Cost/Benefits Analysis

Few questions I thought about.

1. Catching up to older players/servers.
    a) In terms of BR. Near impossible unless you drop a few hundred thousand in game.
    b) In terms of EXP/HS. Near impossible unless again, you drop in a few hundred thousand to buy all double EXP scrolls.

2. Fun/Re-building up a new character
    a) Could be fun since current level 80s are running the same thing again and again.
    b) Could be expensive due to unlocking inventory cost.

3. Challenge all over again?
    a) Old servers tend to be more stale. Could new servers be more fun?
    b) New servers also tend to die out, resulting in several rounds of merges.
    c) Difficulty in finding people to run MPs/Spire/ToK.

4. Fatigue all over again?
    a) The main reason for me retiring from the game was that I had the tendency to do every single event every day. This made the game more of a chore than a game..
    b) Taking it easy might alleviate/resolve the fatigue problem.

5. Being competitive
    a) Possible, server-wise.
    b) Near impossible for cross-server events.

6. Noncasher
    a) Does noncasher have any place in new servers?

That said, I have this little urge to start playing in a new server with a purely non-casher account. Yet, I don't want to be sucked into the addiction of having to run every single event every day..
    If I ever do that, it'll be on a purely take-it-easy, play-as-I-want or don't-play-if-I-don't basis.
    Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
    [No longer logging in]

a) The main reason for me retiring from the game was that I had the tendency to do every single event every day. This made the game more of a chore than a game..

yes it became to be a chore, I should take it more easily

Comment

yes it is, but when i don't have time, i just do daily. 2-3 hours a day still though..
      i can get out of this chore after i camped level and getting strong enough on my level. so i won't left behind even if i only do simple quick daily.

Comment

New server is fun, usually has lots of people, but after 1-2 months there will be less people, just like your old server, but your account will be weaker because you started over.
        With the new inventory prices i don't know how free players can play with half an inventory page, i managed to buy few rows before they removed the vouchers.
        SlyDevil | s374

Comment

I understand you when you say that you have the tendency to do all events...

I was like that at the start, but then I realized it is getting me the fun of real world, so i managed to stop doing other stuffs, like bg and garena.... I'll just do bg if I am in the mood (and my Grim Reaper title goal will not be fulfilled anymore)... Garena, I never do it again for full attempts, just 3 attempts is enough... Even the midnight wb, which is the only wb I am doing, I often not do it anymore..

I just do 1 wb, so the best time I had to be online is near midnight server time (where garena, guild battle, bg/amethyst, tank and bg/wb go together)... That is, uh, like 3-4 hours per day, and I can still reach a 100 devotion... Then I usually do my stuff on the real world, socializing with my neighbors...

I am enjoying my life more than before, when I was waking up early in the morning just to do the first wb (which is 2/3am in my time)... I look fatter and redder now than before, because I am getting 8 hours of sleep (before that, i was only sleeping 5.5 - 6 hours at night, for this damn game)...

Comment

Starting on an old server has the benefit of established players and guilds which helps with mps guild skills/guild vault. (Only having starting inventory space is a real pain in the ***) New server may be more fun as you can establish and build a new guild and have people around you to compete with. Smart non-casher > stupid light casher.

Or come back and play malleus like that.
            Last edited by Thebigwolfpack; 03-28-2014, 09:15 AM.
            [S52] Jynx

Comment

lucky i bought all 3 pages inventory space with vouchers, dont know how new players do it

Comment

Originally posted by Spiritombz View Post
                lucky i bought all 3 pages inventory space with vouchers, dont know how new players do it
                za balenz of courz.

yeah, starting a new character is a pain in the *** actually, you gotta do everything all over again, and spend again, well spending is optional but... nevermind.

cross server event is possible if you hold your level at a certain gap for a while to build up your stat/BR and be good at BG/Arena, but that's it lol.

Comment

There is just one thing which nukes the question - The cost of opening the inventory slots. New players can't even easily open their inventory slots(having 9999 in one slot won't help much as there are a LOT of things you have to store) which is a pain and will keep most new players out of WT.

Comment

6. Noncasher
                    a) Does noncasher have any place in new servers?
                    Im a non-casher (spent£0) and i benefit from offers......http://store.r2games.com/freegold/sh...&serverid=2141

But our place will be needed during the beginning till all merges happen and till only most of the spenders are left, thats what i think atleast
                    300K ish BATTLE RATINGS
                    MAGE-S363

NON CASHER

Comment

The reason I quit the game was a chronic fatigue, so I understand you.
                      Beying an European player on an American server, all the important events in this game has to be done at impossible hours for me. Though, because I started like that, I had to continue...until I couldn't anymore.
                      Now, that I'm somehow relaxed, I started to play again.
                      I don't believe you can play a non casher character after you got used to all benefits of a casher, but that doesn't mean this thing it's impossible. Speaking of that, I wouldn't find the game funny at all, au contraire..much more frustrating, knowing I have a very well built character in top 20 parked somewhere(your old char)..
                      Looks like no one wanna touch the "speding" issue, as a reason of some ppl left/leave. I would say this is the most important one though, after all...except 2-3 persons around, no one really have a "well of $". Not even me lol
                      The competitive nature of a human beying would make the new players from the new servers to give it a try. With the "merge receipe", wartune will just be happy with the amount those players spent until the 3rd merge... Now it depends on how many ppl in this world are eager to play wartune, because, after a while (years probably), the new servers won't have so much players, so the entire business will tend to be coagulated in some strong servers (after the guilds pattern).

Personal opinion: instead of reading your posts, I'd prefere to see you in BG:P Not that your posts aren't interesting, but this contemplative side doesn't suit you:P

Elythera

Comment

Originally posted by adna2 View Post
                        The reason I quit the game was a chronic fatigue, so I understand you.
                        Beying an European player on an American server, all the important events in this game has to be done at impossible hours for me. Though, because I started like that, I had to continue...until I couldn't anymore.
                        Now, that I'm somehow relaxed, I started to play again.
                        I don't believe you can play a non casher character after you got used to all benefits of a casher, but that doesn't mean this thing it's impossible. Speaking of that, I wouldn't find the game funny at all, au contraire..much more frustrating, knowing I have a very well built character in top 20 parked somewhere(your old char)..
                        Looks like no one wanna touch the "speding" issue, as a reason of some ppl left/leave. I would say this is the most important one though, after all...except 2-3 persons around, no one really have a "well of $". Not even me lol
                        The competitive nature of a human beying would make the new players from the new servers to give it a try. With the "merge receipe", wartune will just be happy with the amount those players spent until the 3rd merge... Now it depends on how many ppl in this world are eager to play wartune, because, after a while (years probably), the new servers won't have so much players, so the entire business will tend to be coagulated in some strong servers (after the guilds pattern).

Personal opinion: instead of reading your posts, I'd prefere to see you in BG:P Not that your posts aren't interesting, but this contemplative side doesn't suit you:P

Elythera
                        Haha, my character isn't in top 4 anymore, and I don't have the desire to play it :P It's sitting somewhere, decaying as we speak.
                        Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
                        [No longer logging in]

Comment

Working...
                        X