Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Mage class broken

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LoveMagic777 View Post
    mages fail thes it.
    Do yourself a favor by quitting the game. You fail.

Comment

You Like it. I Love it!!!
      And I'm pretty sure our oponents don't share his opinion about Mages being broken XD

JBird
      S60 Leaves Fort
      Critical Mage lvl80
      145k br

JBird
      Boas Tetas, S60 Leaves Fort
      Mage lvl.80 ~8M BR, 5xCW Sorceror EU zone
      One Swallow doensn't make a summer but a Bird crafts a victory

Comment

mages broken??????

try to do arena with mages and see for yourself that we are the most powerful of all and in every where there is a mage there is death in other class

lets see how much AoE damage u eat and if u will survive
        Last edited by Mugetsu110; 04-05-2014, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LoveMagic777 View Post
          Low hp,low defense,now archers and knights can easy kill troops and beat mage+u must have double skills,bad in WB without thunderer.
          I nearly fell of my chair laughing, u built wrong. I have killed archers waay over my BR
          Blizzarea
          S147
          Epic

~ Atoll is Purgatory for Wartuners ~

Comment

If after a year you haven't gotten the hang of playing a mage, maybe it's the wrong class for you. Post your character and astrals on here, loads of good players will help you be a better mage and give you a better rotation than the one you are currently using as you should be able to kill troops using brutality rune and the two aoes!
            Wartune
            IGN: Decima
            Guild: Elysium
            Server: S5 (Europe)
            Class: Mage (Level 80)

Winterfrost Legacy *shakes fist at Ginba*
            IGN : Decima (spotting a trend?)
            Server : 59 (Europe)
            Class : Nooby sissy shaman!

Comment

http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....-80-Gear-Bonus

:/
              Spamming the forums with many threads will not make you wise.

Comment

Originally posted by Arlad View Post
                Meteor base cd= 15 sec, talent lvl 10 reduced 12 sec, so it's 3 sec.
                Meteor's rage requirement is 30, and archer's lunatic is 45.

...so?
                yea mages are good at aoe but that isn't much relevant troops stay same lvl while dmg output increase day by day in the end we all end up 1 or 2 aoe to clear troops....most archers clear with brut+lunatic troops 80 lvl same as mage with aoe, the important thing is after that where all classes shine except of mages since aoe dont do much as delphics(knights/archers) ap...

we got thunder only which is rage hungry and require of us to sacrifice heal or aoe(cant have all) ...I use lighting rain of fire restoration bl meteor

mages are squishy most now when switched to crit so when Delphic from archer/knight come my restoration usually don't heal I die lol

Comment

Originally posted by Deeelinquent View Post
                  If after a year you haven't gotten the hang of playing a mage, maybe it's the wrong class for you. Post your character and astrals on here, loads of good players will help you be a better mage and give you a better rotation than the one you are currently using as you should be able to kill troops using brutality rune and the two aoes!
                  wut is a brutality rune?
                  Blizzarea
                  S147
                  Epic

Comment

To be fair, Mages are currently on the low-end of the totem pole where it comes to PvP outside of Class Wars. To stay competitive with equal BR Knights I needed to switch out my MDef to all L7 PDef Gems and carry all L6 or L7 HP Gems. The point about Troops being gone after 2 or 3 hits is true, but that will change when L70 Troops are out and their HP and defenses increase by a factor of +50%. It's going to be just like it was when L60 Troops first came out and all the Knights were infuriated that it took them 6 rounds to clear troops. However, Knight's are going to eventually get Ecoteric Bladestorm - so that should balance things out. It's going to be the best PvP AoE in the game.

Archers will always have the advantage on Mages, and it'll only get worse with Advanced Class Skills and L70 Troops believe it or not. Their blanket +10% Damage boost is going to be huge as it affects already great powers like Armor Piercer, Lunatic Fire and Delphic Sniper. While Mages will get a new AoE and a "chant" skills that's a pure HP drainer for PvP, they're both rage intensive and the Mage class is going to lose the ability to use the Rage Rune. Mage gets a give and take. Archers get a flat bonus to everything they already have. Go figure.

Comment

Originally posted by Zorich View Post
                      To be fair, Mages are currently on the low-end of the totem pole where it comes to PvP outside of Class Wars. To stay competitive with equal BR Knights I needed to switch out my MDef to all L7 PDef Gems and carry all L6 or L7 HP Gems. The point about Troops being gone after 2 or 3 hits is true, but that will change when L70 Troops are out and their HP and defenses increase by a factor of +50%. It's going to be just like it was when L60 Troops first came out and all the Knights were infuriated that it took them 6 rounds to clear troops. However, Knight's are going to eventually get Ecoteric Bladestorm - so that should balance things out. It's going to be the best PvP AoE in the game.

Archers will always have the advantage on Mages, and it'll only get worse with Advanced Class Skills and L70 Troops believe it or not. Their blanket +10% Damage boost is going to be huge as it affects already great powers like Armor Piercer, Lunatic Fire and Delphic Sniper. While Mages will get a new AoE and a "chant" skills that's a pure HP drainer for PvP, they're both rage intensive and the Mage class is going to lose the ability to use the Rage Rune. Mage gets a give and take. Archers get a flat bonus to everything they already have. Go figure.
                      With God cast system Troops lvl70 will die faster than our current lvl50 troops

Comment

Weird, I removed my pdef astral do better now
                        Blizzarea
                        S147
                        Epic

Comment

Originally posted by senadbasic View Post

we got thunder only which is rage hungry and require of us to sacrifice heal or aoe(cant have all) ...I use lighting rain of fire restoration bl meteor
                          oh you silly, you want to have the 2 AoEs, 2 Heals, and a huge damaging skill at once? so greedy.
                          remember other classes has no innate healing skills. also with 3 sec cd, you will only need 1 AoE.
                          Originally posted by Wraithraiser
                          Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

well.....mages can pretend to be archers...just adjust yourself to crit and BOOM lots of magical pixel power

+we can choose to suntor,restor,bless archersand knights in mpd's no one said we should

they wont be able to keep up while using iris's if they choose to
                            Last edited by soloist21; 04-05-2014, 08:58 PM.
                            300K ish BATTLE RATINGS
                            MAGE-S363

NON CASHER

Comment

Originally posted by Arlad View Post
                              oh you silly, you want to have the 2 AoEs, 2 Heals, and a huge damaging skill at once? so greedy.
                              remember other classes has no innate healing skills. also with 3 sec cd, you will only need 1 AoE.
                              Meteor doesn't get down to 3s. It stops at 5s CD. Just slow enough to not allow it to be used every round - same as fully talented Lunatic and Whirlwind.

Also, Meteor is still a rage-drainer, even with 4 targets. Lunatic w/ 4 Targets often leaves the Archer with the same or more Rage because of the +5 Rage / Crit combined with the +10 Rage from the PvE Set.

As for Innate Healing, last I checked Knights get free 4% Healing on Passive Blocks. A Knight with 5k+ Block in the front rank in a PvP scenario makes more than a Mage does from Sunto - and doesn't have to use an action (or Rage) casting it. Top-End Knights are healing 10k+ HP a round because they don't clear troops right away. They'll Chaos, Ultimate, Seal, Ultimate, Bubble, Ultimate + Awaken + Rune. By the time they awaken they've "Healed" 50k+ HP and Bubbled another 30k+ HP.

Comment

Meteor doesn't get down to 3s. It stops at 5s CD. Just slow enough to not allow it to be used every round - same as fully talented Lunatic and Whirlwind.
                                still faster than lunatic and whirlwind on their maxed talent level.
                                Also, Meteor is still a rage-drainer, even with 4 targets. Lunatic w/ 4 Targets often leaves the Archer with the same or more Rage because of the +5 Rage / Crit combined with the +10 Rage from the PvE Set.
                                Archer getting more rage after casting lunatic only happens in PvE, you'll be damned lucky if all hits are crits in PvP.
                                As for Innate Healing, last I checked Knights get free 4% Healing on Passive Blocks. A Knight with 5k+ Block in the front rank in a PvP scenario makes more than a Mage does from Sunto - and doesn't have to use an action (or Rage) casting it. Top-End Knights are healing 10k+ HP a round because they don't clear troops right away. They'll Chaos, Ultimate, Seal, Ultimate, Bubble, Ultimate + Awaken + Rune. By the time they awaken they've "Healed" 50k+ HP and Bubbled another 30k+ HP.
                                Plausible scenario, but like you said this is happen on top-end knights, which i presume has more than 140k BR with 120k+ HP. A top-end mage will rarely needs to cast AoE twice to clear opponent's troops.
                                Originally posted by Wraithraiser
                                Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

Working...
                                X