Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Mage class broken

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arlad
    replied
    Originally posted by senadbasic View Post
    archers have heals bloodthirsty strike or heal rune(which is very effective on knight)
    This is a big fat lie, as knights are the worst target to cast BTS to.
    also 20% hp boost will make them take more hits from all....1 aoe with 3 sec cd aint enough alone its 30 rage cost and RoF is 16 restor 35 rage with high cd with max talent and bl 60 rage with cd 37 sec with max talent and if I take thunder instead of RoF thunder rage 50
    compared to 7 sec 45rage(archer) and 9sec 50rage(knight)? and dont forget mages has a lesser AoE with even less rage cost(20).

so u can see how that all is rage hungry...also I bealive u cant have all maxed in skill tree both thunder and heals so u must choose either weaker heals and strong dmg or weaker dmg and strong heals
    That's why i said it's too greedy to have it all together. So should a knight has his strongest defensive and defensive skills together?

Leave a comment:

• R27162503
    replied
    i'm a mage and i kick some major knight and archer ***. ...so i have no idea where this "mages suck and fail" thing comes from?

Leave a comment:

• senadbasic
    replied
    Originally posted by Arlad View Post
    oh you silly, you want to have the 2 AoEs, 2 Heals, and a huge damaging skill at once? so greedy.
    remember other classes has no innate healing skills. also with 3 sec cd, you will only need 1 AoE.
    I don't want to have all and I cant have all that is my point I cant have in set strong dmg skill ,aoe and heals,so I just keep aoe and heals...and RoF and meteor don't deal much dmg as do ap or delphics

archers have heals bloodthirsty strike or heal rune(which is very effective on knight) also 20% hp boost will make them take more hits from all....1 aoe with 3 sec cd aint enough alone its 30 rage cost and RoF is 16 restor 35 rage with high cd with max talent and bl 60 rage with cd 37 sec with max talent and if I take thunder instead of RoF thunder rage 50

so u can see how that all is rage hungry...also I bealive u cant have all maxed in skill tree both thunder and heals so u must choose either weaker heals and strong dmg or weaker dmg and strong heals

Leave a comment:

• Arlad
    replied
    Originally posted by Zorich View Post
    Meteor doesn't get down to 3s. It stops at 5s CD. Just slow enough to not allow it to be used every round - same as fully talented Lunatic and Whirlwind.
    still faster than lunatic and whirlwind on their maxed talent level.
    Also, Meteor is still a rage-drainer, even with 4 targets. Lunatic w/ 4 Targets often leaves the Archer with the same or more Rage because of the +5 Rage / Crit combined with the +10 Rage from the PvE Set.
    Archer getting more rage after casting lunatic only happens in PvE, you'll be damned lucky if all hits are crits in PvP.
    As for Innate Healing, last I checked Knights get free 4% Healing on Passive Blocks. A Knight with 5k+ Block in the front rank in a PvP scenario makes more than a Mage does from Sunto - and doesn't have to use an action (or Rage) casting it. Top-End Knights are healing 10k+ HP a round because they don't clear troops right away. They'll Chaos, Ultimate, Seal, Ultimate, Bubble, Ultimate + Awaken + Rune. By the time they awaken they've "Healed" 50k+ HP and Bubbled another 30k+ HP.
    Plausible scenario, but like you said this is happen on top-end knights, which i presume has more than 140k BR with 120k+ HP. A top-end mage will rarely needs to cast AoE twice to clear opponent's troops.

Leave a comment:

• Zorich
    replied
    oh you silly, you want to have the 2 AoEs, 2 Heals, and a huge damaging skill at once? so greedy.
    remember other classes has no innate healing skills. also with 3 sec cd, you will only need 1 AoE.
    Meteor doesn't get down to 3s. It stops at 5s CD. Just slow enough to not allow it to be used every round - same as fully talented Lunatic and Whirlwind.

Also, Meteor is still a rage-drainer, even with 4 targets. Lunatic w/ 4 Targets often leaves the Archer with the same or more Rage because of the +5 Rage / Crit combined with the +10 Rage from the PvE Set.

As for Innate Healing, last I checked Knights get free 4% Healing on Passive Blocks. A Knight with 5k+ Block in the front rank in a PvP scenario makes more than a Mage does from Sunto - and doesn't have to use an action (or Rage) casting it. Top-End Knights are healing 10k+ HP a round because they don't clear troops right away. They'll Chaos, Ultimate, Seal, Ultimate, Bubble, Ultimate + Awaken + Rune. By the time they awaken they've "Healed" 50k+ HP and Bubbled another 30k+ HP.

Leave a comment:

• soloist21
    replied
    well.....mages can pretend to be archers...just adjust yourself to crit and BOOM lots of magical pixel power

+we can choose to suntor,restor,bless archersand knights in mpd's no one said we should

they wont be able to keep up while using iris's if they choose to
    Last edited by soloist21; 04-05-2014, 08:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Arlad
    replied
    Originally posted by senadbasic View Post

we got thunder only which is rage hungry and require of us to sacrifice heal or aoe(cant have all) ...I use lighting rain of fire restoration bl meteor

Leave a comment:

• PunkPetal
    replied
    To be fair, Mages are currently on the low-end of the totem pole where it comes to PvP outside of Class Wars. To stay competitive with equal BR Knights I needed to switch out my MDef to all L7 PDef Gems and carry all L6 or L7 HP Gems. The point about Troops being gone after 2 or 3 hits is true, but that will change when L70 Troops are out and their HP and defenses increase by a factor of +50%. It's going to be just like it was when L60 Troops first came out and all the Knights were infuriated that it took them 6 rounds to clear troops. However, Knight's are going to eventually get Ecoteric Bladestorm - so that should balance things out. It's going to be the best PvP AoE in the game.

Archers will always have the advantage on Mages, and it'll only get worse with Advanced Class Skills and L70 Troops believe it or not. Their blanket +10% Damage boost is going to be huge as it affects already great powers like Armor Piercer, Lunatic Fire and Delphic Sniper. While Mages will get a new AoE and a "chant" skills that's a pure HP drainer for PvP, they're both rage intensive and the Mage class is going to lose the ability to use the Rage Rune. Mage gets a give and take. Archers get a flat bonus to everything they already have. Go figure.
    Weird, I removed my pdef astral do better now

Leave a comment:

• YayoiKun
    replied
    To be fair, Mages are currently on the low-end of the totem pole where it comes to PvP outside of Class Wars. To stay competitive with equal BR Knights I needed to switch out my MDef to all L7 PDef Gems and carry all L6 or L7 HP Gems. The point about Troops being gone after 2 or 3 hits is true, but that will change when L70 Troops are out and their HP and defenses increase by a factor of +50%. It's going to be just like it was when L60 Troops first came out and all the Knights were infuriated that it took them 6 rounds to clear troops. However, Knight's are going to eventually get Ecoteric Bladestorm - so that should balance things out. It's going to be the best PvP AoE in the game.

Archers will always have the advantage on Mages, and it'll only get worse with Advanced Class Skills and L70 Troops believe it or not. Their blanket +10% Damage boost is going to be huge as it affects already great powers like Armor Piercer, Lunatic Fire and Delphic Sniper. While Mages will get a new AoE and a "chant" skills that's a pure HP drainer for PvP, they're both rage intensive and the Mage class is going to lose the ability to use the Rage Rune. Mage gets a give and take. Archers get a flat bonus to everything they already have. Go figure.
    With God cast system Troops lvl70 will die faster than our current lvl50 troops

Leave a comment:

• Zorich
    replied

Leave a comment:

• PunkPetal
    replied
    Originally posted by Deeelinquent View Post
    If after a year you haven't gotten the hang of playing a mage, maybe it's the wrong class for you. Post your character and astrals on here, loads of good players will help you be a better mage and give you a better rotation than the one you are currently using as you should be able to kill troops using brutality rune and the two aoes!
    wut is a brutality rune?

Leave a comment:

• senadbasic
    replied
    Meteor base cd= 15 sec, talent lvl 10 reduced 12 sec, so it's 3 sec.
    Meteor's rage requirement is 30, and archer's lunatic is 45.

...so?
    yea mages are good at aoe but that isn't much relevant troops stay same lvl while dmg output increase day by day in the end we all end up 1 or 2 aoe to clear troops....most archers clear with brut+lunatic troops 80 lvl same as mage with aoe, the important thing is after that where all classes shine except of mages since aoe dont do much as delphics(knights/archers) ap...

we got thunder only which is rage hungry and require of us to sacrifice heal or aoe(cant have all) ...I use lighting rain of fire restoration bl meteor

mages are squishy most now when switched to crit so when Delphic from archer/knight come my restoration usually don't heal I die lol

Leave a comment:

• RicardoNeto
    replied
    http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....-80-Gear-Bonus

:/

Leave a comment:

• Deeelinquent
    replied
    If after a year you haven't gotten the hang of playing a mage, maybe it's the wrong class for you. Post your character and astrals on here, loads of good players will help you be a better mage and give you a better rotation than the one you are currently using as you should be able to kill troops using brutality rune and the two aoes!

Leave a comment:

• PunkPetal
    replied
    Originally posted by LoveMagic777 View Post
    Low hp,low defense,now archers and knights can easy kill troops and beat mage+u must have double skills,bad in WB without thunderer.
    I nearly fell of my chair laughing, u built wrong. I have killed archers waay over my BR

Leave a comment:

Working...
X