Mage class broken

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by senadbasic View Post
    we have just different opinion on things...

by the way I faced many times knights 1 on 1 in gb and lost

I didn't say poison is based on hp... I said its good in conjuction with blood rune try using it with 40k patk and blood rune lvl 10
    Because you've used it with 40k patk and lvl 10 blood rune? It's still a worthless skill even with over 40k patk

Your input on this forum is doing more harm to new players than good. Just when I thought you couldn't sound more retarded, I'm proven wrong with your latest post.

Comment

• Originally posted by senadbasic View Post
      condor or brutal hobo stop using your alts to bi tch every of my posts
      No idea who is *****ing at your posts. But you must be saying something incorrect (as you always have).
      Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
      [No longer logging in]

Comment

• Originally posted by LoveMagic777 View Post
        Not only me ...many ppl said that mages are bad
        You and those many ppl more than likely do not know how to play a mage then. Mages are the most OP class in PVP and best support class for PVE. If you aren't at the top of those areas, chances are:

1) You didn't cash enough.
        2) You picked the wrong opponent who cashed 100 or 1000 times what you spent.
        3) You just don't know how a mage works (you think you know, but the results show otherwise).

Solutions:

1) Cash more.
        2) Do some more research before you start picking fights.
        3) Go read up on the online guides, experiment with different things based on everything you could gather from all the different guides available. Ask the top mages in your server or create and alternate and bug the top mage in x-server in their own server. If it still doesn't work, mage isn't the class for you and you should consider changing class. If all 3 classes still don't work, gaming competitively isn't for you. Just forget about winning at anything and accept that you'll be a loser in all battles.
        IGN: Athena
        Guild: Warriors
        Server: S5 - Roaring Wetlands
        Class: Archer
        Difficulty Level: Noob
        BR: 176k / 180k (with block and hp astral instead of illusion and deflect =P)

Comment

• I like the part about cashing more.
          Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
          [No longer logging in]

Comment

• Originally posted by Arlad View Post
            still faster than lunatic and whirlwind on their maxed talent level.
            It's fast, but it's irrelevant. The diff between 5s, 6s and 7s casting times is nominal, and none are fast enough to be cast every round, while all are fast enough to be cast every other round.

Archer getting more rage after casting lunatic only happens in PvE, you'll be damned lucky if all hits are crits in PvP.
            At least 4 of the Hits should be Crits (Troops). 5 is fairly common. That's 25 Rage + 10 from Set, or a net-loss of 10 Rage on the action. Meteor vs. 3 Targets costs 30 and regains 22 Total, for a net-loss of 8. These are negligible numbers. Lunatic also has the benefit of most often pinning the 10% Damage Bonus on the 1st round. And that's an after-skill damage buff, so subsequent Lunatic's go from 159% Damage (w/ QTE) to the equivalent of 175%. AP now does the equivalent of 220%. Delphic Sniper the equivalent of 380%

Plausible scenario, but like you said this is happen on top-end knights, which i presume has more than 140k BR with 120k+ HP. A top-end mage will rarely needs to cast AoE twice to clear opponent's troops.
            I do this with my Knight. He's 132k BR. I try not to touch enemy troops until I awaken, and I also use Iris. So I'll Tsunami, Rain Dance, Delphic and then come out with an EDD, Rage Rune, DD. This scraps 140k BR Mages no problem. Archers aren't a big bother either. The only really unwinnable fights for him are vs higher BR Knights w/ Gaia.

Comment

• The Hardest class in this game is the mage , from his skill u can know only good players and cleaver one can lead this class , and what about def or attack or another thing yes true R2 make a mage once time so strong but they back again and make it normal class and they keep push archer to the top all the time , u have strong skill and u have many way to attack and make a plan for archer or a knight , mage the only class can fight vs knight and archer , and R2 sure its money game u need pay a lot to be strong but u can be strong too without spend a lot money only for what u need ,
              for me mage is best class just u need to know how to play in this class
              "Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die" :confused::mad:

Comment

• Originally posted by Brutal_Hobo View Post
                maybe thats the case with you

not with everyone else

mages destroy knights
                I agree with you, up until about L76+. At that point a good Knight has opened up his skill trees enough to have two delphics close to max, or at max as well as all passives at max. A Knight that has both Delphics at max w/ a high Chaos Rune & Rage Rune is quite formidable. Hell, at L80 a Knight can actually get their set so that they've got 2/3 DD, 3/4 WW and max EDD & max Apollo.

That's the thing about the Mage. Their 2 "Best" skills, Delphic Hell Thunder and Blessed Light are AoE and meant mostly for PvE or Group PvP. A Mage's "Damage Skill Set" at L64 is already quite brutal having 3/4 on Thunderer and 4/5 Rain of Fire. They'll also have max Sunto and Resto. Knights at that level don't have the skill points to be well rounded, which is why they're the slowest developing class - but when they're at L80, watch out. They're the toughest to drop.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zorich View Post
                  It's fast, but it's irrelevant. The diff between 5s, 6s and 7s casting times is nominal, and none are fast enough to be cast every round, while all are fast enough to be cast every other round.
                  and unlike other classes, mage has another AoE to clear opponent troop on 2nd turn.
                  At least 4 of the Hits should be Crits (Troops). 5 is fairly common. That's 25 Rage + 10 from Set, or a net-loss of 10 Rage on the action. Meteor vs. 3 Targets costs 30 and regains 22 Total, for a net-loss of 8. These are negligible numbers.
                  which confirms my point that Archer getting more rage after casting lunatic is rarely happen on PvP.
                  Lunatic also has the benefit of most often pinning the 10% Damage Bonus on the 1st round. And that's an after-skill damage buff, so subsequent Lunatic's go from 159% Damage (w/ QTE) to the equivalent of 175%. AP now does the equivalent of 220%. Delphic Sniper the equivalent of 380%
                  And this is why i said to the other guy that archer's skills heavily depends on crit.
                  I do this with my Knight. He's 132k BR. I try not to touch enemy troops until I awaken, and I also use Iris. So I'll Tsunami, Rain Dance, Delphic and then come out with an EDD, Rage Rune, DD. This scraps 140k BR Mages no problem. Archers aren't a big bother either. The only really unwinnable fights for him are vs higher BR Knights w/ Gaia.
                  key point here: knights are the best on PvP if someone can play it correctly and invested on the right things like sylph skills and runes, no denying in that. However, just because you can do well again others doesnt mean that everyone else did. Also works on the opposite case, if you suck on handling a class, doesnt mean everyone else sucks too.
                  Originally posted by Wraithraiser
                  Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

• Originally posted by saifsalah View Post
                    The Hardest class in this game is the mage , from his skill u can know only good players and cleaver one can lead this class , and what about def or attack or another thing yes true R2 make a mage once time so strong but they back again and make it normal class and they keep push archer to the top all the time , u have strong skill and u have many way to attack and make a plan for archer or a knight , mage the only class can fight vs knight and archer , and R2 sure its money game u need pay a lot to be strong but u can be strong too without spend a lot money only for what u need ,
                    for me mage is best class just u need to know how to play in this class
                    The Mage offers the most versatility. Yeah, you have multiple healing options, multiple AoE options and a single-target 295% attack. But, with only 5 skills on the combat bar, you've got to pick your poison.

I've said time and time again that if Wartune wanted to make a quick $ off a lot of people, they'd make 2 more skill slots unlockable on the combat bar for 1995 Balens each. As as Mage, I'd get both in a heartbeat. Being able to carry both AoEs, all 3 Heals, LB and Thunderer gives me more options in-combat. Sometimes you want to chain AoEs, but taking 2 means ditching either Sunto or Resto or Thunderer. Because of that, VERY few mages at the high end run both RoF and Meteor. Without Thunderer, you can't beat an Archer or Knight. Without Sunto, you're ultimately vulnerable to any other Mage w/ Sunto. Without Resto, you're just crazy .

The limit of 5 accessible skills much more greatly favors Knights and Archers as being "Take All Comers" in a BG.

Comment

The Mage offers the most versatility. Yeah, you have multiple healing options, multiple AoE options and a single-target 295% attack. But, with only 5 skills on the combat bar, you've got to pick your poison.

I've said time and time again that if Wartune wanted to make a quick $ off a lot of people, they'd make 2 more skill slots unlockable on the combat bar for 1995 Balens each. As as Mage, I'd get both in a heartbeat. Being able to carry both AoEs, all 3 Heals, LB and Thunderer gives me more options in-combat. Sometimes you want to chain AoEs, but taking 2 means ditching either Sunto or Resto or Thunderer. Because of that, VERY few mages at the high end run both RoF and Meteor. Without Thunderer, you can't beat an Archer or Knight. Without Sunto, you're ultimately vulnerable to any other Mage w/ Sunto. Without Resto, you're just crazy .

The limit of 5 accessible skills much more greatly favors Knights and Archers as being "Take All Comers" in a BG.
                      In china they have 6 or 7 skill slots and 3 rune slots if my memory works well this morning xD

_________

Crit Mage 80v
                      ~135k Br

_________

Comment

• Originally posted by Arlad View Post
                        and unlike other classes, mage has another AoE to clear opponent troop on 2nd turn.
                        As I just wrote in my last post. VERY few Mages run both RoF and Meteor. The other skills that need to be sacrificed to do so makes it absolutely not worthwhile. After all, why clear the troops in 3 turns when you're now out of Rage and have no Thunderer to actually damage your opponent? Or do you Sacrifice Sunto? Or Resto? Most high-end Mages have realized they don't NEED to carry both AoEs unless they're just going for super-fast kills, and then they ditch the Sunto and avoid other Mages.

key point here: knights are the best on PvP if someone can play it correctly and invested on the right things like sylph skills and runes, no denying in that. However, just because you can do well again others doesnt mean that everyone else did. Also works on the opposite case, if you suck on handling a class, doesnt mean everyone else sucks too.
                        I hardly think I suck at handling a Mage . In fact, I consider myself one of the better pound-for-pound Mages out there (or maybe that's better expressed BR for BR). In CW I often rank around 40th in terms of BR among the finalists, and almost always finish inside the top-20, having been 4th, 5th and 7th on occasions.

But that having been said, when evaluating a class' potential and ability, you never use the lowest common denominator. You shouldn't say Knight's suck in PvP because campers are gimping them by not opening up their skills. Similarly, one shouldn't say Mage's are broken (in a bad way) because the person at the helm hasn't really explored their potential.

I've been trying to give an objective view, having played the game over a year and having two L80 Characters (Mage, Knight) with Max HS and Purples Pets that compliment their classes. In my experience, the Knight is by far a better 1-on-1 PvP class. The Mage's strength lies in MP PvE and Group PvP. Archers, from my limited experience, are potent 1-on-1 PvP types, but their true strengths are in solo PvE events like WB and Necro, with their slow & incend effects being in demand in MP PvE.

Comment

• Originally posted by AnataOFAkku View Post
                          In china they have 6 or 7 skill slots and 3 rune slots if my memory works well this morning xD
                          oh snap, better get prepared for the upcoming thread "Mages are too OP" in next year.
                          Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

• Originally posted by AnataOFAkku View Post
                            If that ever comes to R2's Wartune, then the Mage could become the dominant PvP class. Giving a 2nd AoE w/ Thunderer & all 3 Healing Powers would be difficult for an opponent to counter.

Comment

• Although, to be fair, if that comes in tandem with Advanced Class Skills, then Knights and Archers have their 2nd AoEs too

And I'll take Esoteric Bladestorm over any other AoE, any day

Comment

As I just wrote in my last post. VERY few Mages run both RoF and Meteor. The other skills that need to be sacrificed to do so makes it absolutely not worthwhile. After all, why clear the troops in 3 turns when you're now out of Rage and have no Thunderer to actually damage your opponent? Or do you Sacrifice Sunto? Or Resto? Most high-end Mages have realized they don't NEED to carry both AoEs unless they're just going for super-fast kills, and then they ditch the Sunto and avoid other Mages.
                                yes, i agree on the top-end mages tend to bring 1 AoE because their AoE is way better than other class. RoF: Good Damage + low rage cost, MD: Good Damage + low cd with talents. But imo, sacrificing Sunto is best choice (except on CW) because to utilize the full potential, you must spent over 8 turns in battle, and prolonged battle hurts mage alot. Besides, with patk sylphs you can kill mages faster.
                                I hardly think I suck at handling a Mage . In fact, I consider myself one of the better pound-for-pound Mages out there (or maybe that's better expressed BR for BR). In CW I often rank around 40th in terms of BR among the finalists, and almost always finish inside the top-20, having been 4th, 5th and 7th on occasions.
                                that wasnt solely directed to you. its more specifically directed to the people who keep complains about mage sucking.
                                But that having been said, when evaluating a class' potential and ability, you never use the lowest common denominator. You shouldn't say Knight's suck in PvP because campers are gimping them by not opening up their skills. Similarly, one shouldn't say Mage's are broken (in a bad way) because the person at the helm hasn't really explored their potential.
                                This is what i keep saying on the first place, dont say a class is suck just because you havent figured it's full potential.
                                I've been trying to give an objective view, having played the game over a year and having two L80 Characters (Mage, Knight) with Max HS and Purples Pets that compliment their classes. In my experience, the Knight is by far a better 1-on-1 PvP class. The Mage's strength lies in MP PvE and Group PvP. Archers, from my limited experience, are potent 1-on-1 PvP types, but their true strengths are in solo PvE events like WB and Necro, with their slow & incend effects being in demand in MP PvE.
                                Yep, I agree with this mostly. Each class has it's ups and downs.

Comment

Working...
                                X