Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Ultimate Slasher Upgrade

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stop judging knights early in game.

Sure we might be poor in our early game, but our end game is where we dominate. All those small percentages from our passives adds up really high when our end game base numbers are large.
    The strongest class in China servers are P2P knights. Archers got nothing on them when it comes to a fully decked out knight.

I rather have a strong end game than a weak end game

Comment

Originally posted by ciroth View Post

Sure we might be poor in our early game, but our end game is where we dominate. All those small percentages from our passives adds up really high when our end game base numbers are large.
      The strongest class in China servers are P2P knights. Archers got nothing on them when it comes to a fully decked out knight.

Note please 2 things from this quote, "Pay to Play" knights which will be better than any other knight player due to the respective gear and gems that they can get which in some cases cannot be obtained by non paying members. and the second point is a strong end game.... HA don't make me laugh, how many knights actually make it to the end game? 20 maybe 30 out of maybe 200 - 300 who start.

the whole point of this thread was to suggest an idea about changing a knight's skill in order to equal up the class to the others at the beginning. more knights will then end up at the end game stage instead of becoming plunder farms at lvl 30+ as they have left the game due to the unbalance issues. think about it this way, how many players has this game lost already that could have become paying customers for the R2 team. "stop judging knights early in game" thats all people will see till the knight is balanced up. I would rather have a strong middle working towards the end then bad game through out and finally getting good when its too late.

Comment

just to add, even tho my thread seems to be dead now, the knight class has got to be one of the biggest jokes of this game, they cant hit for high damage unless your a paying member. (dont get me wrong i have no problems with people paying, keeps the game free for people like me who cant afford to pay.) knights cant hit muiltple enemies at once unless you include the whirlwind skill which is both a complete waste of skill points and rage, the shadow trasher, total waste, the only double hit skill that is too weak, and learned too late, the upgrade to it isnt even worth it, and to top it off the healing aspect relays on blocking. the other two classes have an active skill to heal.

i think which i have said many times before the knight needs a multi - hit skill early, even if it means making ultimate slasher a later skill. the other classes have a skill that hits two or more enemies at once as their second skill. even the reverse damage skill and shield combo doesnt work, the shield is destoried before it comes useful and the reverse damage doesnt give the knight anything useful after reaching lvl 30+. 200 damage is nothing when you are getting hit by 1200 damage.

here is a few suggestions.

1) like the thread has been created for, change the ultimate slasher skill in to a multiple hit skill or make a new skill taking its place, turn ultimate slasher into a later skill (leaving the skill how it is) by removing a useless skill like shadow trasher. the new skill, taking a leaf out of the archer's skill book would be great aka the multi shot skill, but using the ultimate slasher appearance, (two lines burning across the ground.)
        2) lower the rage cost of whirlwind, 50 rage is really far too much for what little damage it does.
        3) the reverse damage skill should reflect 40% of the damage recieved. for example the knight gets hit for 2000 damage while the skill is active, the skill reflects 800 damage back.
        4) change the shield skill, so that for a limited amount of turns the shield absorbs 30% damage recieved and converts 15% into hp, or something like that.
        5) the knight class is the only class that cannot de-buff other players. this i think should be changed.

now i know full well that this suggestion is going to cause arguements along other members of the forum, however i doubt many of them has not played a knight class before without using real money to upgrade them. this post may sound like im moaning about the knight class but all im trying to do is point out the failings of the knight class which i believe alot of players out there feel needs to be sorted. i just hope that a GM sees this and sorts something out.

kind regards,

DeadTemplar server 19
        Last edited by UnholyTemplar; 09-28-2012, 06:51 PM.

Comment

1) like the thread has been created for, change the ultimate slasher skill in to a multiple hit skill or make a new skill taking its place, turn ultimate slasher into a later skill (leaving the skill how it is) by removing a useless skill like shadow trasher. the new skill, taking a leaf out of the archer's skill book would be great aka the multi shot skill, but using the ultimate slasher appearance, (two lines burning across the ground.)
          2) lower the rage cost of whirlwind, 50 rage is really far too much for what little damage it does.
          3) the reverse damage skill should reflect 40% of the damage recieved. for example the knight gets hit for 2000 damage while the skill is active, the skill reflects 800 damage back.
          4) change the shield skill, so that for a limited amount of turns the shield absorbs 30% damage recieved and converts 15% into hp, or something like that.
          5) the knight class is the only class that cannot de-buff other players. this i think should be changed.
          -1. very bad idea. knight has big defense, big hp, now u want big attck too. it would bring imbalance.
          Now Playing ~ Shadowbound [S13] - Hunter

played games so far (in many different account) ~ Crystal Saga, Wartune, Broken Realm, Eternal Saga, Dragon Pals, Yitien, Blade Hunter (alpha), Lunaria Story, League of Angels, Monkey King Online, Crusader of Solaris, Shadowbound, Mythborne (alpha), Stormthrone (alpha) more list to come

Comment

Pffft love seeing players say the knight sucks. Lvl 39 knight here with lvl 28 gryphons and I either beat archers my lvl (who have 38-39 lvl gryphs) or I almost knock them out. Players who build the knights to dps and tank will always suck compared to one who builds to tank. I'm sure a pure dps knight (all patk/crit, minimal defense) would be effective but I don't think they could beat a true tank knight. I cry when I look at players and I see dps stats and astrals and they wonder why they can't take damage. You go pure defense skills and astral and maximize your hp, you'll be fine. Don't cry that the class is broken.
            Yitien:

Class: Assassin lvl 78
            BR: 67K
            Server: Qianfo Hall

Comment

... is this a troll thread? Knights are ridiculous, the shield is nutz enough on its own, and dont make me mention the massive single target damage.... the best of both. seriously what is this about, jesus. You tank the damage over a longer period, not all at one time, no disadvantage by any stretch of the imagination.
              Last edited by alucard21893; 09-28-2012, 10:11 PM.

Comment

no comments on archers 10 % damage buff ?

Comment

This, we might not excel in wb, but we are what we are. We will always beat a same geared archer as us and prolly be beaten as a same geared mage as us, thats it.
                  Stop QQing about archers, they are not tanky anymore after early game, not a bit close to us.

Shirokane
                  Level 51 knight S1

Originally posted by ciroth View Post

Last edited by shirokane; 09-30-2012, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X