This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arena to 2 times a day

so let me get this straight. Arena will be half the insignias twice a day because people don't know how to pick a server that they can hit most events on? really? So now I have to stay on another whole hour a day to hit every event because people are complaining that they can't do arena on the server THEY chose? if the server had 1, maybe 2 time differences I could see. but there are 3 if you can't hit arena on one of them they you don't play enough to care. So now I got to find a new party for the second time just to keep my insignia flow the same...

Some of us did pick servers that correspond with our time zones however, the arena's are placed at 1-2pm in that time zone. I play on s2 and live on the east coast of the US(my time zone), and its smack middle of the work week. Yes I feel bad for those that were able to make the arena during the original time, but to those that picked the server for their time zone that were unable to make it due to poor timing issues this is a blessing. I was only able to make 2 arenas a week due to having to work during the time they placed it at. I went from being very geared for my level to being totally ran over to those getting 3-4 set in a matter of a week whereas it would take me almost 2-3 weeks to complete the same set. In what manner, shape, or form should it be fair due to the time placement of the original arena be unbiased to somebody that picked a server that directly reflects where they live to be put at a disadvantage due to it? Do I feel its fair for those that could make it to have to do it twice now to make up the same marks....no , but at the same time they had what 2 or so weeks to get their full set while I was only able to acquire 1-2 pieces in the same amount of time?

Comment

Originally posted by zachhalla View Post
      so let me get this straight. Arena will be half the insignias twice a day because people don't know how to pick a server that they can hit most events on? really? So now I have to stay on another whole hour a day to hit every event because people are complaining that they can't do arena on the server THEY chose? if the server had 1, maybe 2 time differences I could see. but there are 3 if you can't hit arena on one of them they you don't play enough to care. So now I got to find a new party for the second time just to keep my insignia flow the same...
      no, its like that because some people have either school or work at 1 pm, mind you. Cutting rewards in half doesnt help those people though, as they will now be able to join rewards, but will take them 2x longer to get arena gear, than people before this change.

Comment

Since you haven't read the original news post and the replies about the second arena, here is a couple of posts from that thread.

Originally Posted by andinuad
        Any chance you can change it back to 6/2 insignias, but make it so that a player can only participate during one "team arena time" per day?

Reply by R2CS_Stormaggedon
        If we could have, we would have, but that wasn't an option we could work with at this time. However, future major updates to the game could always necessitate a change, so we'll have to wait and see.

So, my comment is that the game is always developing, don't get your panties in a bunch about the schedule conflicts and just have fun with the game. Sometime in the future they will be able to implement things better and make it how you want, they just can't right now. I hope that it goes to the point like andinuad asked about, that we can only participate in one of the event for insignia and if you want to participate in the other just to play with out getting insignia than have fun with it. To r2games I say thank you for all your effort and for the game you have developed so far.

Comment

Originally posted by streetratsam View Post
          Since you haven't read the original news post and the replies about the second arena, here is a couple of posts from that thread.

Originally Posted by andinuad
          Any chance you can change it back to 6/2 insignias, but make it so that a player can only participate during one "team arena time" per day?

Reply by R2CS_Stormaggedon
          If we could have, we would have, but that wasn't an option we could work with at this time. However, future major updates to the game could always necessitate a change, so we'll have to wait and see.

So, my comment is that the game is always developing, don't get your panties in a bunch about the schedule conflicts and just have fun with the game. Sometime in the future they will be able to implement things better and make it how you want, they just can't right now. I hope that it goes to the point like andinuad asked about, that we can only participate in one of the event for insignia and if you want to participate in the other just to play with out getting insignia than have fun with it. To r2games I say thank you for all your effort and for the game you have developed so far.
          If you were referring to me about this post I did not mean for mine to come off that way. I know that I was outgeared now due to missing them, I've been happy w/ the release of the bg's because I've been getting my marks there every night(not as many as I could w/ the group arena battles), but it has been helping me to attain the "pvp" gear. I was just trying to show that its not the players fault 100% of the time for being on the "wrong" server, sometimes the best server for their time zone just doesn't have the best times.

Comment

Originally posted by R2CS_Stormaggedon View Post
            As I previously stated back in post #5, WE ARE UNABLE TO LIMIT PLAYERS TO JUST ONE ARENA TIME.

When we went to implement this, our first plan was to have two 30 minute Arena times. However, we discovered we were not able to change the time length. The way the game is written as of this Update is that the Arena is an hour in length. Trying to change it really does a number on the game.

So our second option was to see if we could limit players to one Arena time slot. Sadly, no such option exists in the game, or in any of the future updates.
            The only option R2 have here is : 2 arena with half reward ... It's kinda sad that the most critical event (arena , battleground) need to be time base event..... I say might as well sell insignia for ballens

Comment

im sure when they ad a new bg time itll be right after the first arena and mess over the ppl who workl during the week again and ull have your advantage back
              s410

MysterA uhhh 1.3 mil br
              Slyph orange Hecate 136k br

Comment

Working...
              X